ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    Hey, Zenimax. Here's some serious questions for you to answer. I just have to roll my eyes at all the confrontational people who insist on driving this thread off-topic.

1. How will the crafts be affected when veteran ranks are removed? There are currently two types of materials (I think) which each cover a portion of the veteran ranks. Will there be a Champion passive that lets you wear higher grade armor or something?
    2. I heard that jewelry will be getting its own crafting skill soon. If this is true, will this just include rings and necklaces, or will we get other things too? What new content will be added for it? Will the jewelry become visible on the character?
    3. This may be more of a suggestion than a question, but here I go ;) . Are there any plans to add guild halls for player guilds to buy and customize? It would be nice to have a space with limited NPCs, safe from random visitors who like to dance naked on tables, to RP in. Right now, RP guilds are "claiming" taverns, caves, etc as their guild halls.
    4. Can we expect to see other forms of lycanthropes in the future, such as werebears, wereboars, and others?
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    I have asked this on the forum before, but no one was able to provide an answer to this question. Maybe the storywriters might shed some light on this: With the champion system we will be able to gain champion points that may be delegated into 12 constellations. The three guardians (mage, warrior and thief) which each are accompanied by 3 constellations. so far so good, but what has happened to the 13th constellation (the serpent)?

If I read up the storylines surrounding craglorn correctly there is no reason to exclude this constellation from the champion system.

So why is it excluded?

And even if the game designers decided to pick the events in craglorn as a fixed time point for the champion system. This does not explain why there is 12 constellations in the champion system. At the very beginning of the craglorn questline the 3 guardians are missing, as well as the serpent (= 9 constellations beeing present). ... The last guardian returns to the firmament after completing the very last quest in upper craglorn ... at which time the firmament is complete again (13 constellations ... including the serpent).

Why is the serpent excluded from the champion system?
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have asked this on the forum before, but no one was able to provide an answer to this question. Maybe the storywriters might shed some light on this: With the champion system we will be able to gain champion points that may be delegated into 12 constellations. The three guardians (mage, warrior and thief) which each are accompanied by 3 constellations. so far so good, but what has happened to the 13th constellation (the serpent)?

If I read up the storylines surrounding craglorn correctly there is no reason to exclude this constellation from the champion system.

So why is it excluded?

And even if the game designers decided to pick the events in craglorn as a fixed time point for the champion system. This does not explain why there is 12 constellations in the champion system. At the very beginning of the craglorn questline the 3 guardians are missing, as well as the serpent (= 9 constellations beeing present). ... The last guardian returns to the firmament after completing the very last quest in upper craglorn ... at which time the firmament is complete again (13 constellations ... including the serpent).

@Elsterchen The reason why the Serpent is not included is because of the book The Firmament that you see in the past elder scrolls games. The mage,warrior, and thief each have three charges which is the reason why their is nine constellations in the champion system. The three guardian constellations protect their charges from the The serpent. Each constellation has a season were they are seen the clearest in. The serpent is not included because it does not have a season and it moves about the sky harassing the all the constellations hence the reasons why the guardian constellations protect their charges from it. Here is a link for more information. Hopes this helps you.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Firmament
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on 2 January 2015 02:29
    Options
  • Vikestart
    Vikestart
    ✭✭✭
    Interface
    Do you have plans for customisable user-interface? That would involve being able to move GUI elements around as desired and scale them.
    Options
  • Adambomb1200
    Are you wonderful developers going to add children to the game because that would make it more like the Elder Scrolls world?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there ANY changes coming for vampires in the next update? If yes, please explain them in detail.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Terror
    Terror
    ✭✭✭
    Hidden somewhere among the 60(?) pages of patch notes, will there be any update on dueling and arenas?
    Options
  • Mopar63
    Mopar63
    ✭✭✭
    There are a number of rumors floating that ESO might be moving to a F2P model. With past statements being clearly stated that this would not happen, we have a sense of hope these rumors are false. Would you please clarify if this position is still in place that ESO will NOT go F2P or is this option being explored or even implemented?

If the decision to go F2P is made will any kind of reward or compensation be given to those of us that have help paid subscriptions since day one? For many of us the fact the game is not F2P is why we are here and gladly paid to keep it from F2P. As such a F2P move would us feeling abandoned and our support of the game unappreciated.
    True honor need not be named
    Options
  • mrjasonbearub17_ESO
    Any plans on new crafting professions?
    Thoughts on player housing?
    And as others have mentioned will the dark brotherhood/thieves guild be coming anytime soon? Or at all this year?
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Hi there,

So why is it excluded?

@Elsterchen The reason why the Serpent is not included is because of the book The Firmament that you see in the past elder scrolls games. The mage,warrior, and thief each have three charges which is the reason why their is nine constellations in the champion system. The three guardian constellations protect their charges from the The serpent. Each constellation has a season were they are seen the clearest in. The serpent is not included because it does not have a season and it moves about the sky harassing the all the constellations hence the reasons why the guardian constellations protect their charges from it. Here is a link for more information. Hopes this helps you.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Firmament

Also, as a curiosity to those unaware, while mainstream sidereal astrology utilizes the usual 12 sign Zodiac, there are those that argue the existance or inclusion of a 13 sign on the Zodiac, the constellation of Ophiuchus or "Serpent Bearer". It is easy enough to conclude that is why the creators of Elder Scroll included the The Serpent on their Zodiac as a cast out constellation, in battle with the other 12 signs.
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will any fish that are caught before update 6 convert from trophies into ingredients?(To be used as part of the new cookable fish in the provisioning update)

I want to know if it's worth stocking up now or will I be wasting my bait?
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have but 1 question, and it is this:

Are there ANY plans in either the near or distant future to do away with the subscription system of playing this game and introduce the 'free to play' paradigm?
    Options
  • red223
    red223
    If we r playing on PC then when the console version launches can we transfer our progress over to console?? Can u let us no more details about that?? Thanks.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »

Are there ANY plans in either the near or distant future to do away with the subscription system of playing this game and introduce the 'free to play' paradigm?

I hope not!!
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are any plans ZoS will never admit to it until it is about to happen.

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dye system is great, thanks for adding that to the game. I have a couple of 'quality of life' questions, that somewhat relate to it along the lines of character customisation:
    1. Are there any thoughts or plans to providing the players with some mechanism to dye and amalgamate our armour into a costume for our costume slot, and;
    2. Are there any thoughts or plans to add an in-game hairdresser whereby we can change such options as hair style & colour as well as facial accessories?

Thanks in advance.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Kulaan_Doskad_Hadroz
    My question revolves around guilds.

In my opinion guilds still feel lacking, the guild chat is nice, as well as the tabbards, bank, and store, however; something that I've talked about with a friend is the idea of a guild stronghold. Something similar to a fort in Cyrodiil, except more of a meeting place for guild members. Here are my ideas for it.

(1): A construction system similar, if not the same, to the one in Skyrim.

(2): NPC's for different areas of the stronghold; an armorer in the forge, a guild banker in the safe, ect.

(3): Have, at least the exterior, accessible to non-guild members through a guild trader or maybe a stronghold NPC.

(4): Quests given by the NPCs in the stronghold.

(5): PVE raids on the stronghold.

(6): A large selection of interior items, rooms, and furniture to choose from.

Does this sound at all intriguing? Or do you guys have other plans for guild improvments?
    Though war may tear us apart, love for each other will bring us back together as an overwhelming force. ~Kulaan Doskad-Hadroz, Loredas , the 12th of Evening Star, 2E 582
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

A Player can live in hope of a straight answer from ZoS, even thought he knows they don't have a good track record in answering important concerns of paying players lol
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A Player can live in hope of a straight answer from ZoS, even thought he knows they don't have a good track record in answering important concerns of paying players lol

There is a point in which our collective hopes turn foolishness. I, at least, am getting to that point.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the new class ability morphs are introduced, will our morphed ability levels be preserved and/or carried over or will we have to re-level our morphed abilities?
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are reasons for ZOS's unwillingness to communicate to us properly?
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Hah! I second that question!
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    1. -- Are you guys going to work on releasing guides to your new systems before they are released? --

2. -- Why, so close to releasing new content, do you guys remain so tight lipped about it? -- (No one wants to feel like it's a chore to go and find out if you've upped our soft/hard caps, or if you've nerfed our stats... Just tell us, THEN we can test it with the knowledge of what's going on and give you far greater feedback...)

Some of you people will complain and nag about every single little thing drowning out legitimate complaints. Your 4 and 5 were pretty good but can you kinda prioritize a little?
    Turelus wrote: »
    What's happening in regards to the PVP low population bonus?

There have only been two (three if you include duplicate) developer responses to this and both have simply stated that it's working as intended and ZOS will continue to look into it.
    There has been a lot of backlash from angry players about this mechanic and wondering if it will be addressed to not help factions win campaigns.

^ Like this an extremely legitimate complaint that has gotten zero real responses from ZoS as people leave in droves from frustration. Prioritize ZoS.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on 4 January 2015 16:27
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Hah! I second that question!

I am not sure whether you can expect a response to this, especially when the two of you are already doing such a good job of answering your own question.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a limit on the number of daily quests that can be completed each day?
    Options
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    How will major and minor buffs be determined in 1.6? Will the order the buffs are applied determine which is the major/minor buff or is it something you "set" out of combat?
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Why is there a limit on the number of daily quests that can be completed each day?
    What limit? I don't remember any limit...
    Edit: Found your thread, struck out my previous comment. [link]
    Edited by Enodoc on 5 January 2015 13:20
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is maintenance due?
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akselmo wrote: »
    Would it ever be possible to play without joining any of the alliances? Those who want to play neutral characters would like this. Maybe make them able to be mercenaries?

Mercenaries would fight for one side. They fought for money, but they were not free agents, they were paid to fight for a side, and were bound by to that side until the war was over.

As a general rule mercenaries that changed sides were not trusted, and given the missions that would get most of them killed. Mercenaries didn't swap sides constantly, as no-one would employ fighter without some code of conduct.

Hmm, I see. Maybe something else then than mercenary?

.. A hired blade, perhaps? Or is that exactly the same as mercenary?

I am confused now.

Eh, anyway, just being able to play and go everywhere without belonging into an alliance would be neat, especially in RP sense. If you would like to PvP maybe you could go running around as a neutral..?

EDIT: And another question! Would it be possible to add Vivec Arena in game for some 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 PvP fun?

Hint- Fighters Guild and Mages Guild do not fight for any one side....just staying.

The mechanism is already in the game.
    Edited by Vizier on 5 January 2015 18:50
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we haz weapon and shield dyes ????
    Options
This discussion has been closed.