Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Presenting the Six-Month Loyalty Reward"

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    I don't want to be negative here, i mean it looks awesome and i will gladly have it. However, these loyalty rewards are not rewarding PvP players considering we cannot even have our pets out on display in Cyrodiil. What use are they to those of us who spend 90% of our time in Cyrodiil? Please in future consider rewards that benefit all loyal players.

Oh, @Orchish you precious thing you! ZOS doesn't care about the PVP crowd and you know that. Why do you think we're receiving a Dwemer pet and not a Dwemer costume which we could actually use in Cyrodiil?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    @WhiskeyRiver.AZub17_ESO, the Dwemer Sphere is exclusively for our loyal 6-month subscribers. Keep in mind that subscription time does not have to be consecutive in order to be eligible to receive the pet. One you hit the 6-month mark, you'll find the pet in your in-game mail. :)

So i have been subscribe 6 month and yeasterday i renew my 6 month subscribe so when can i expect my reward then?

One you hit the 6-month mark
    Do mean i have wait until i renew for other 6 month?

Since you already have been subbed for 6 months you will receive the pet when they are ready with it. For those that have now been subbed like 3 months they will receive the pet once they hit 6 months subbed mark so in 3 months. Which should be about the same time when we who currently qualify will receive it too.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    seriously? another useless thing to either annoy me(from other players)or take up an inventory slot...you want to reward us? Give us a materials package, a 10 slot bank boost, or even a special dye(yay!)....those are REAL rewards, things everyone can find a use for....I hate the vanity pets myself, as they serve no purpose whatsoever....
    I'm just saying rewarding some customers is annoying others. I see the previously mentioned rewards much better suited to EVERY PLAYER...especially the bank slots.
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭

And the previous pet we received for being a loyal three-month customer? It was a nice little present. The sound the Wraith makes is adorable rather than scary. I travel with him always while I am on my main character, lol. He keeps me company and I get a chuckle every time he makes that not so scary little noise.

Not scary? You kidding me? Every time I'm sneaking around ready to ambush something he makes that noise and I get paranoid thinking I aggro-ed something :stuck_out_tongue: , but I DO also play in first-person XD

Edited by Anex on 6 November 2014 15:30
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it always going to be a vanity pet? How about a mount, or a weapon?

I'd like an armored Wamasu mount please :3
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totaly awesome pet and trust me this is definately AWESOME!!!!

however i have a deep heart break and hurt problem now because, zenimax, you just ruined the chances of this pet being a summonable pet we could have had in the champion system to help us in both pvp and pve. even tho it would be easily killed and not do a whole lot of damage it would still have been soo awesome and made me so very happy.
    but alas, now it is imposible to ever have this as a summonable pet in pvp and pve due to the fact you just made it an exclusive item :(
  • FoxyKitten
    FoxyKitten
    ✭✭
    What is it with these comments from people about the pet being free so we should not complain and just be happy we got anything at all? My advice would be to gain the ability to think rationally before making absurd comments. The pet is supposed to be a reward for having stayed with the game. If someone hands you a pile of crap wrapped in shiny foil, and tells you it's a reward for your faithfulness, should you be happy that it's free? So dumb...think first, then comment. I'll say with great confidence that those people who are excited about these pets are children either chronologically or emotionally. And it's OK that they look forward to these silly bobbles because kids get excited about simple things, but why not offer the rest of us a choice, a reward that serves some utilitarian purpose? I would rather have some extra bag space than one of those worthless embarrassments. That way the silly-minded will stop saying things like it would grant an unfair advantage to the faithful. Isn't that the point, to create an incentive for fence-sitters to stay with the game? I play the game because I choose to, you can keep the shiny foil and it's contents.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    FoxyKitten wrote: »
    The pet is supposed to be a reward for having stayed with the game.

If someone hands you a pile of crap wrapped in shiny foil, and tells you it's a reward for your faithfulness, should you be happy that it's free?

^ Couldn't of said it better myself!
    Vehemence
  • ShiunTraze
    ShiunTraze
    ✭✭
    And I still haven't received my 3month one? Where is it?? (look at my recent post)
    There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reward? Id make more use out of a chocolate teapot. How about something that's actually useful.
  • Chuklz70
    Chuklz70
    Some possible rewards for subscribers I'd like to see at 1 Year; give us the option to buy a Lifetime Subscription, please. Perhaps discount our monthly rate a little lower.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone said the reward shows they care... well, I dont know. Zero work went into this. They took a mob model thats already in game and slapped a 'follow' script on it that is also already in game. How about some effort ZOS?
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on 6 November 2014 20:10
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to receiving my sphere!

IMO loyalty rewards should be fun, not items that give an in-game advantage.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've mentioned this before. I would like to see a small passive benefit for various pets. This newest fellow looks combat ready, so maybe he can get aggro for a while before shutting down or something.

I would like my ice wraith to give a cold resistance perk if he's active
    I would like my little lizard pet thing to give a health perk because he's cute and he adds to my happiness
    I would like the little robot crab thing to give a to be attracted to dwarven ore and run to it whenever it is nearby
    I would like my monkey to give a stamina perk because I have to keep chasing him around and I'm in better shape as a result

Overall like I like the pet concept. I would just like to see it enhanced a little bit.
    Edited by Giraffon on 6 November 2014 20:29
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    Anex wrote: »
    Well I want it, and I really like these pets.. but we gotta come to a better solution on inventory space guys.

I absolutely agree. I have so many trophies, pets and CRAP sitting in my bank and horse and bags. Don't punish us further by adding more 'fun stuff' that takes up inventory without giving us a present/gift of a way to store said fun stuff

• PsylverRaven
    PsylverRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I do like the pets. I would like for them to be useful, so here's my thought. Make available the option to purchase a 5 or 10 slot backpack that would carry a couple of potions, some frozen fishy sticks, a nice bottle of wine and perhaps a soul gem or two. Something any loyal pet would do for their caregiver. Give them a little satchel to carry it in - adorable.
    Cold Thunder

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    - Albert Einstein
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel owed anything, so I'm not upset about yet another pet but something else would be nice. I have never and most likely will never use pets.
    ESO Username: @Dublicious
    Title: Splitter of Hairs

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
    Liquado Starlinor Vet 4 DK Tank, alchemist
    Some low level Templar and NB...
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    DarthDonut wrote: »
    Are we going to go through this every time there is a new subscriber reward? All this complaining and moaning over something that's FREE. Quit thinking you're entitled to ridiculous requests that would give you some ridiculous mount or an overpowered set of gear that would leave other players at a disadvantage. How about you all quit complaining and just be glad about the fact that you are getting something to show that you are appreciated.
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I mean do you really expect players to keep subscribing with that reward ?

No, they expect people to keep subscribing because they enjoy the game, not because of some entitlement issue that you think everyone has that isn't being fulfilled.

And sorry to all the people who are level headed about it, this is definitely not directed at you, just those people who are being unreasonable. Thank you for offering reasonable suggestions without getting whiny
    about it.

With you 100%. They're not doing this because they "owe" it to anyone. People need to stop acting entitled to things. This is a bonus. If you don't like it (like me) too bad. Get over it. You're still getting what you're paying for, a sub for a game.
    Edited by Dublicious on 6 November 2014 20:55

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
  • xbigpupx
    xbigpupx
    Soul Shriven
    How about a reward for being loyal in waiting for console release, for six months. =(
  • goodexample
    goodexample
    ✭✭
    tss.. some people.. Its a six months reward, what did u expect? So much immature behavior being shown here. Its a gift they did not have to give us, but they did it anyway. When u have been a sub for a year and u will be asking for what? a dragon? complain on forum (if such a thing where ever to be given) that it cant breath fire? Sub`d for five years " ZoS, where is my car!?"
    Edited by goodexample on 6 November 2014 21:58
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    @WhiskeyRiver.AZub17_ESO, the Dwemer Sphere is exclusively for our loyal 6-month subscribers. Keep in mind that subscription time does not have to be consecutive in order to be eligible to receive the pet. One you hit the 6-month mark, you'll find the pet in your in-game mail. :)

So i have been subscribe 6 month and yeasterday i renew my 6 month subscribe so when can i expect my reward then?

One you hit the 6-month mark
    Do mean i have wait until i renew for other 6 month?

It's not when you pay for 6 mon, it's when you PLAY for 6 mon. Also, after they actually release it ;).

ESO Characters:

• AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a less bug-ridden game. <cough>

And some of you want to add more to Zeni's list?

/facepalm
    Edited by AaronMB on 6 November 2014 22:12
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The 2 years reward is a flying Mount call Thangyu , Dragon style mount .

(we can dream :))
    Edited by zharthasb16_ESO on 7 November 2014 04:27
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Just fix the server Lag in Cyrodiil. But I suspect that is he 10 year reward....
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Does it come with it's own bank slot so i have teh space to keep it?
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • lickmymidget
    lickmymidget
    Soul Shriven
    know what's not cool?? having to spend so much money for a bag space or a horse feel like am on f2p game....am so sick having go back and fourth just so got enough space to loot more places....and 2 gold for kill?? your killing me here!!!
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    know what's not cool?? having to spend so much money for a bag space or a horse feel like am on f2p game....am so sick having go back and fourth just so got enough space to loot more places....and 2 gold for kill?? your killing me here!!!
    hey I know you :)
    and as I stated earlier, I would rather have more bank space....on a side note the "junk tab" in the inventory bag seems to serve no purpose....that could always be utilized for collectables, trinkets, and costumes....this would also free up bag space...but this, IMHO, should have already been implemented.
    a special dye.
    a crafting pack.
    a loyal subscriber daily quest.
    or a one month discout(50% the next month).
    there are so many things that would benefit people and would not cause sever economical or playability damage to the game....

someone said fix bugs(do we really need to ask for that?) Shouldn't this already be done? If I bought a new car and drove it off the lot, I would expect everything to work right?

Every adult knows you cannot make everyone happy, but you can find a compromise certainly...

Edited by justinbarrett on 8 November 2014 00:17
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geez, people. Why so emotional?

I don't really care about loyalty rewards. I'm here because I like the game, I pay for the content, anything I get for free on top of it is nice, but ultimately unimportant. I'm not going to use the sphere pet, but I'm also not going to throw a fit because it's something that doesn't fit my personal taste. I'm sure lots of people will be happy with a friendly construct following them around.

Now, what I would like, if I can choose: a costume, most definitely. I can never get enough of them (but please, give us a separate bag for them sooner rather than later!)
    If it must be a pet: something furry and, well, alive. A Dwemer sphere at least is a curiousity I might use one day if I make a scholar character, but the ice wraith... Sorry, but I don't feel any connection to an ice-cold, skeletal ghost. All the best things (in my opinion, obviously) are attached to expensive merchandise or conventions most of us will never be able to attend. Throw us animal lovers a bone?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad to hear that the inventory system is being re-worked but for the love of Cthullu not another pet...how about a unique crafting pattern or dye set?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    Anex wrote: »
    Well I want it, and I really like these pets.. but we gotta come to a better solution on inventory space guys. These pets are supposed to be a REWARD, not an inventory space punishment. I've said it in the beta, and I will say it again, but pets need to not count in inventory space or be handled differently. (same for trophies FYI)

If you're gonna keep giving us pets, then give us space for them. Also while they ARE cool, I hope other rewards will differ from just pets. Costumes would be nice... oh but lo and behold inventory space punishment again.

EDIT: got a facebook reply, apparently they are working on the space thing. That is good news!

https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline/photos/a.429673980375974.107210.401899346486771/891081740901860/?type=1&reply_comment_id=891083850901649&total_comments=4

More inventory space - that is what I would like, it would be useful.

If the pet would fetch the items from dead bodies (so you don't have to fight your way into the tower to loot the body of the bandit you just killed on the top, while you were on the ground.)

Reduce degradation of equipment while having a pet in your inventory.

How about a cheap horse? Or cheap upgrade for those who have one?

Customizable surcoat.
This discussion has been closed.