Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Its really annoying that they nerf nightblades because of stick users but still no weapon bufffs... and then less resource return...

The "Stick Users" don't even use Siphoning Strikes to begin with unless they are solo. For dungeons/bosses they are more likely to use Equilibrium because it not only returns mana, the mage's guild passive causes it to buff the next spell cast by 10% spell damage.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    So attorneyatlawls, NB build isn't like the "cookie cutter" builds but it sounds to me like almost any other NB caster build. Infact there is only one dot available to NB if you're not including the bleeds from cleave or blood craze which, besides from those there is entropy and soul trap which are both bad in terms of DPS and only add more utility than DPS.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

- Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph) bleeds
    - Summon Shade and morphs are technically DOT
    - Path of Darkness and morphs
    - Strife and morphs
    - Agony and morphs
    - Cripple and morphs
    - Drain Power and morphs (the tooltip isn't really clear but I'm pretty sure the magic damage is DOT)

That's just Nightblade class skills…

Incorrect, Strife is NOT a DoT. It does instant damage and the heal is a HoT equal to 25% of the damage every 2 sec for 10 sec.

And no, Drain Power isn't a DoT either.

Not sure if Agony applies the DoT if the enemy resists the CC (such as a boss), will have to test this.
    Edited by dragnier on 8 June 2014 12:07
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigitalCow wrote: »
    I feel like the sorcerer doesn't really do much damage and less flexible when it comes to it's skill options in pvp. Two-handed,One-handed,duel-wielding, sorcerers don't really seem to do very well. Compared to other classes they seem to be able to use every weapon just fine.
    Varicite wrote: »
    Keoregh wrote: »
    Unerfing Weapon soft cap should be a good improvement in Stamina based build.

VR12 I have 179 soft cap, wich I get with 2 daggers VR12 (one gold, one violet).
    In Cyrodiil I have 165 soft cap.

Having a softcap so low make the DK buff useless.

And Magica softcap is at 165 when my stat is at 95 full VR12 violet.
    So magicka build can gain a lot of damage, while melee get nerfed.

Buffing Weapon damage would help Magicka-based builds using a Destro staff even more than Stamina-based builds.

It IS possible to buff dmg of some weapons and not others. You know... to balance things...
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on 8 June 2014 13:23
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Still would like to know about our Quest Achvs, if anything will be fixed about those
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • acortner_ESO
    acortner_ESO
    ✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Hey more nerfs to DK. I freaking quit.

Do you honestly think that DK is balanced against content and other classes right now? You are investing too much emotion into your character and ignoring all the many issues many other players are going through using other classes.

The problem is is that ZOS is "tweaking [the Dragon Knight] until they are in line with the survivability of the other classes."

What they SHOULD be doing is bringing the other classes, namely templar and nightblade, up to snuff instead of bringing Dragon Knight DOWN to their level. Making one class worse instead of making two better is the stupidest approach to balance I have ever heard of. Furthermore, stam/weapon builds are subpar to magicka/spell builds. Nerfing class abilities, which are magicka based, instead of buffing/fixing weapon skill abilities is only exacerbating the problem that is VR difficulty.

So far I have leveled a rogue-like sorc, a Paladin-like Templar, a tank dragon knight and a caster dragon knight. I have completely steered clear of the trainwreck that is Nightblade due to all the complaints and bugs I have read about them. Of the 4 builds I have played, the DK caster is the only one that feels like it is solid, that it functions as it should. The other builds suffer too much from broken passives, sharing of stamina pool for sprinting/blocking/dodging, poor weapon power and attack scaling, and class+weapon skill synergy (cough-BOWS-cough). Don't even get me started on bows...

It is becoming more and more obvious that the game was unfinished when released. Adding "VR content" wasn't really adding anything at all but creating an illusion of "end game content" while they made something, and I say this with a bit of sarcasm, "more substantial". Bug-addled, unpolished, unfinished.

If I had to sum it up with a metaphor; Elder Scrolls Online plays like an unedited, poorly-proofread novel with major plot holes and inconsistencies reads.

When ESO was first announced, a lot of people were skeptical that ZOS could pull it off. Having never done an MMO and being but a daughter company to the company that has forever carried the Elder Scrolls franchise, they were already against the ropes. Having now played ESO both in closed beta/PTS and live, I have to admit that the skeptics were not wrong. It's very apparent that ZOS has almost no experience with player-driven economies, bots and the gold-selling scum, pvp balancing, server latency, patching and server downtime efficiency.

It feels like not a single person at ZOS has played an MMO before or had a single clue how to roll a traditionally single player RPG into an MMO.
    Edited by acortner_ESO on 8 June 2014 17:53
  • Ranrach
    Ranrach
    ✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Hey more nerfs to DK. I freaking quit.

Do you honestly think that DK is balanced against content and other classes right now? You are investing too much emotion into your character and ignoring all the many issues many other players are going through using other classes.

The problem is is that ZOS is "tweaking [the Dragon Knight] until they are in line with the survivability of the other classes."

What they SHOULD be doing is bringing the other classes, namely templar and nightblade, up to snuff instead of bringing Dragon Knight DOWN to their level. Making one class worse instead of making two better is the stupidest approach to balance I have ever heard of. Furthermore, stam/weapon builds are subpar to magicka/spell builds. Nerfing class abilities, which are magicka based, instead of buffing/fixing weapon skill abilities is only exacerbating the problem that is VR difficulty.

So far I have leveled a rogue-like sorc, a Paladin-like Templar, a tank dragon knight and a caster dragon knight. I have completely steered clear of the trainwreck that is Nightblade due to all the complaints and bugs I have read about them. Of the 4 builds I have played, the DK caster is the only one that feels like it is solid, that it functions as it should. The other builds suffer too much from broken passives, sharing of stamina pool for sprinting/blocking/dodging, poor weapon power and attack scaling, and class+weapon skill synergy (cough-BOWS-cough). Don't even get me started on bows...

It is becoming more and more obvious that the game was unfinished when released. Adding "VR content" wasn't really adding anything at all but creating an illusion of "end game content" while they made something, and I say this with a bit of sarcasm, "more substantial". Bug-addled, unpolished, unfinished.

If I had to sum it up with a metaphor; Elder Scrolls Online plays like an unedited, poorly-proofread novel with major plot holes and inconsistencies reads.

When ESO was first announced, a lot of people were skeptical that ZOS could pull it off. Having never done an MMO and being but a daughter company to the company that has forever carried the Elder Scrolls franchise, they were already against the ropes. Having now played ESO both in closed beta/PTS and live, I have to admit that the skeptics were not wrong. It's very apparent that ZOS has almost no experience with player-driven economies, bots and the gold-selling scum, pvp balancing, server latency, patching and server downtime efficiency.

It feels like not a single person at ZOS has played an MMO before or had a single clue how to roll a traditionally single player RPG into an MMO.

I hate to admit it, but I completely agree with you. Although I am still trying to help them fix some SLI problems (and CPU usage), I have already unsubbed. I really want to play the game, but I will probably be coming back in a couple of months (maybe even at the end of the year) when a lot of problems have been fixed.
  • DigitalCow
    Combat
    NPC Combat seems a bit unresponsive, repetitive at times, and they seem to be very dumb. What I'll love to see is NPCs to have a better variety of taking down an enemy and more weapon differentiation with NPCs. For example I'm tired seeing every rouge like scavenger use just two-wielding daggers, instead they should use mix matching weapons or should be randomized with their weapon choices. Of course the weapon choice will fit their class and role as an enemy.

*I can see how this might not appear for some enemies like larger more organized groups like Imperials, Pack, Covenant, and Dominion guards, and Demora.

Into the Shadows...

There needs to be a tree for sneaking, I feel like the Nightblade is the only able to benefit from being in stealth and increase their stealth. This will allows builds like the recent "Thunder Thief" to be more stealth like and become more successful.

In the addition of a stealth skill path, enemies should have a better viewing range of enemies a bit more aware of their surroundings. It doesn't really seem realistic be in combat with an enemy right next another one that is just walking around doing nothing.

Justice!
    A justice system is needed! I love being a thief and being able to get away from looting sprees, this system has been great though past games. I'll love to see this be implemented in some way that can fit an MMO.

For balancing reasons there should be suspicion with people and the guards when carrying around stolen items. We can't let everyone who's able to sneak around successfully roll in gold and sweetrolls. Or some other mechanic balancing the stolen loot.

Silence My Brother
    In the time of war probably everyone wants someone dead. Add the Dark Brotherhood into the game will be great, with the possibly added stealth and justice system implemented into the game this will be great for people who just have the lust for blood. And want to make some hard earned blood smothered gold.

Quests could last endlessly as like the Fighter Guild, you are able to accept contracts out on people thought Cyrodill.

Keep your eyes sharp, Blades Clean
    Oh how I love the thieves guild, and this addition will work great with the justice and stealthiness. Being able to sneak into peoples pockets and homes to take their valuables and get rewarded for putting your life on the line. But you are more rewarded if you don't kill and it's not out in public.

Immerse in Tamriel
    I feel like this game can push it's self forward if it became it made the player more immerse into the game. Being able to show an impact to your story is great, but it's the little things that matter right?

The NPCs in the world feel like robots, they don't really move anywhere. You'll see characters eating outside or having a drink while it's raining,snowing, etc. I feel like these NPCs should be more interactive with their environment. Being able to see people moving into bars/taverns, homes, will be a great improvement into the game.

NPCs and even enemies should engage in conversation and then continue on with there day instead of having repeat the same dialogue over and over again in one specific spot.

Interacting with items! I wished there was more of, like simply sitting on a chair!

Edited by DigitalCow on 9 June 2014 04:07
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    DEUTSCHE PTS PATCHNOTIZEN V1.2.0
    Notes de version PTS 1.2.0

Bow
    • Focused Aim (Snipe morph): This ability’s tooltip now lists the duration of the effect.

Just thinking out loud, pull up the statistics for bow users now pull up the statistics for Snipe and the morph's under it and see how many people are using this ability. Now my question is rather than paying staff members to do tool tips corrections for abilities very few people are using because there not practical would it not make more sense to have working on other things? Maybe like testing fixes to Snipe or fixing tool tips for some of the more used abilities in the game?

Tool tips correction are a quick and easily way to bulk up your list of fixes grated.
    Edited by Deathztalker on 9 June 2014 06:09
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible. Very disappointing patchnotes.

Where are the much needed buffs/changes to melee weapon abilities? Where are the changes to make medium and heavy armor in line with light armor?
  • Kenny_McCormick
    Kenny_McCormick
    ✭✭✭
    Justice!
    A justice system is needed! I love being a thief and being able to get away from looting sprees, this system has been great though past games. I'll love to see this be implemented in some way that can fit an MMO.

For balancing reasons there should be suspicion with people and the guards when carrying around stolen items. We can't let everyone who's able to sneak around successfully roll in gold and sweetrolls. Or some other mechanic balancing the stolen loot.

if they add this..im out..and so will a lot of other people....if they implement this there will be MANY problems.

just to name a few:

A ) own Factions NPCs will be dead (due to players killing them when they become aggressive)

B ) provisioning will be useless because the Only way to get the mats is by looting them from containers (yes u get from hirelings too but so far I have only been getting hops cause it is broken) if this is implemented it will break the provisioning skill

C ) it just isn't made for an MMO...YES it creates immersion but I don't see this happening and if it does it will only break the game more. also I forsee a lot of people quitting the game due to not being able to get provisioning mats and such

so again...this wont happen I understand a lot of you players quest for immersion..but again..NOT made for an MMO
    Edited by Kenny_McCormick on 9 June 2014 11:22
  • emopyronecrosis
    Justice!

if they add this..im out..and so will a lot of other people....if they implement this there will be MANY problems.

just to name a few:

A ) own Factions NPCs will be dead (due to players killing them when they become aggressive)

B ) provisioning will be useless because the Only way to get the mats is by looting them from containers (yes u get from hirelings too but so far I have only been getting hops cause it is broken) if this is implemented it will break the provisioning skill

C ) it just isn't made for an MMO...YES it creates immersion but I don't see this happening and if it does it will only break the game more. also I forsee a lot of people quitting the game due to not being able to get provisioning mats and such

so again...this wont happen I understand a lot of you players quest for immersion..but again..NOT made for an MMO

You my friend, aren't thinking clearly. If they do Implement a Justice system, they'll do so in an non-intrusive way. I doubt it'd come to guards trying to outright kill you, and be more along the lines of a forced conversation leading to ether bribing them or doing time.

Also this is The Elder Scrolls, they stated on release day that they wanted to EVENTUALLY work in a Justice System and THEN the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, you can't have a guild of Thieves and Assassins that work Illigally and not have a Justice System as well. Also as I mentioned above this IS an Elder Scrolls game, no quest NPC's will be killable, pickpocketable yes, killable no.

They have stated it IS going to happen, they want it to happen by the end of the year, if you don't want to be a part of players doing crime sprees you don't have to, much like if you dont want to be a werewolf or vampire no one is forcing your hand.

Lastly the statement "It just isn't made for an MMO" Grow up, the video game industry is changing, eventually every game will be an MMO, maybe not today, maybe not tomarrow, but trust me Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Division, The Crew, all of these are hitting console, if MMO's become successful in the console space, which I know they will console gamers have been craving MMO's ever since Worlds of Warcraft got Cataclysm leading to Worlds of Warcraft on Xbox 360 rumors, it will lead to a MASSIVE growth of MMO's of many forms being developed, until one day more than likely within this generation or next that every game will have MMO capabilities in one way or another. This may be ingame mail, or it could wind up being the ability to see friends/random people playing as you play introducing a more "random phasing" as you play threw a games story.

• achimb16_ESO3
    achimb16_ESO3
    ✭✭
    • Added additional sounds that play when your screen shakes.

At last! A "TILT" sound when I hit my monitor after being defeated by Mannimarco for the umptienth time. Now all you have to add is a big red "GAME OVER" label to accompany that sound.
    Edited by achimb16_ESO3 on 9 June 2014 13:29
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we are reading your comments and questions, and are working on getting you some answers.

Perhaps I can suggest of what should be in the future road map:

Meaningful Choices:

As an RPG we appreciate that choice is important. Currently we allow you to create any type of character you want from plate wearing wizard to a stealth tank. But we are planning on going even further where you will make choices in the game which will effect the game and your character! Alliances will be build and destroyed by the choices you make and you will gain access to new skills and powers because of those choices.

Currently we have a system where to keep up with the leveling curve you pretty much have to do most if not all of the quests. So you walk from area to area doing all the quests, not much choice there. You then become a hero of your faction Great! Oh just as that happens I'm off to oblivion. Not to worry once there I slay the big bad Great. I'm a hero of the entire land. Wrong!

Now you get to play through the other factions as a washed up drifter where everything you just achieved is forgotten! Not to worry at least I keep my uber demon prince killing awesomeness Wrong AGAIN! Now every bandit and wolf and giant wasp is incredibly power and three or more of them have a fair chance to kill you. But wait I'm a God Killer.... its just a bandit.... God.... Band....God that makes no sense. So future content will add ways to evolve your character and offer more meaningful choice in the stories! Choices that will effect you and the world and no be remember, no longer will you play through content as a bland washed up drifter saying yes to every quest cause its the only way to keep make the vet level.

Speaking of Story:

We have looked at the Story and realise that a lot of it is fairly bland and generic. So we are going to start looking to introduce reoccurring NPCs that you might actually care about and offer dialogue options that aren't asking them stupid questions. Along with the difficulty we are also going to look at classic RPGs and see what stories and characters they brought to the experience. Rather than 99% of dialogue options being questions that have already been answered we are going to accept our customers are smart enough to follow the basic premise and start offering commands, wit and even some class to the dialogue options. Speaking with the Elf Queen just before jumping into cold harbour of course you are going to have the option to try the line 'this could be our last night on Nirn' and of course she will turn you down but at least you tried.

Combat, Balance, Options and Fun:

We appreciate people don't want to spend their free time face rolling getting wiped time and time and time again. ESO is designed to bring back the old school RPG difficulty but equally we know people want to have a sense of achievement and fun. To that end we are looking at class balancing to bring them all up to speak and make sure their are no useless or pointless skills. But more than that we are looking at additional mechanics such as companion NPC (some are used in quests to various effect) and unlike the companions who accompany you in the main story arc these NPCs wont be completely useless. We are looking at additional skill lines to bring more options to the game play and looking to balance 1 shot kills form trash and standard monsters. We know its not fun, we know there can be lag where you think your out of the red area and it still catches you. The game will still offer a challenge but if you play smart and well you shouldn't be getting ganked by monsters any more where you have no idea what just happened.
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Really hoping you guys decide to remove the change to Bolt Escape. Majorly nerfing the only skill that makes Sorcerer attractive isn't really a good thing, specially when there was truly nothing wrong with it in the first place.
  • Zenzu
    Zenzu
    ✭✭
    New massive bugs with this patch in cyrodiil. Good luck trying to make a group without crashing.
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

Dear ZoS and fellowships, before you keep reading my post, I have some warnings:
    1 - My English is not so good, so I'm sorry for any mistake, I'm trying to express myself;
    2 - I really, really (twice), liked the Game and I intend to keep going as far I can go;
    3 - Me like MANY, are trying to help the game gets better and better, so please ZoS READ all negative and positive posts;
    4 - I WON'T replay any offensive post, flames and etc...
    5 - And the most important, that is my opinion about the game, so 1st of all respect, you can't agree, or agree but respect.

I would like to focus on Vet Content, since Normal is good.

I was reading many of feedback, so I would like to give my feedback.

Veteran Rank:
    As the name said, Veteran, I would like to see more features, build and exclusive skills for our Veteran, and something I need to disagree, a VR1 is not like a VR12 (I'm not talking about better gears and so on), but since we have different level's we need to make people want to be a cap level, since it's better.

New Skills exclusive for Veteran:

VR1-3 - Open a new skill (Veteran Tree Focused on your Class)
    VR4-6 - Open a new skill (Veteran Tree Focused on your Class)
    VR7-11 - Open a new skill (Veteran Tree Focused on your Class)
    VR12 - The best skill in the Veteran Skill line.

And these skill need to be UNIQUE, so we have a "difference between classes".

I like the difficult in the Vet Zones, make you think better and have a good build to keep adventuring, but I guess we need a better VET XP Poins on it, I don't wanna to be force to go Craglorn to use "a tip" to level fast since we "have" a full "vet content to go" .. well let's think about it.

Veteran Content:

The idea to be in another faction is really good, when u work around it, it's really "strange" a veteran guy, need to "catch rats around the city", since we have "trainees" to do it.

We need to feel like a Veteran, not play all quests from "Normal Faction Quests"

We need to revamp it, and work in a VETERAN Content on it, Craglorn, Trial can't be only it ... and we know it.

Veteran "Force" Dungeons:

I really like to play Dungeons and try to farm good gears, but the game dont need to be ONLY for it, people need more than only "Dungeons/Trials" that "forces" u to play, since we all know it's really hard to find people around to play with you, except if you play with all your childhood friends ..

Another Idea is, in the normal level I just forgot to play some dungeon, and THAT dungeons give me 1 skill point (just it) and now, since I'm Veteran I can't play because I'm a higher level, or it's REALLY HARD to find someone to play with SINCE Group Finder (That need to work a lil more to get better it), disable that Dungeons, could be better to list all dungeon that you still need to do, and give you the option (I saw it in this patch a note about it, and I would like to know more about it).

Group Finder:

Great Tool, that need to be polish, would be a great idea to make the system check your "profile roles" and put all in query until ALL group has joined, and "teleport you directly to the dungeon". Nowadays you stay in the line until all members join, and MANY MANY times, you don't have full group classes to make it, so could be a great idea wait until all players joins the party and teleport you directly to the dungeon, and some option to "Random Dungeons". (I dont would like to say it, but .. WoW Dungeon Group System it's really good, you keep playing until all members joins else skip (DPS, DPS, Healer, Tanker).

F2P, P2P, Sub! what else

Well, I like the idea to have a sub, since I don't need to spend ANY kind of money in anything to "increase my game playing", patches, road maps, new contents and all bla bla bla we all know, but I would like to suggest something.

Game F2P, I have played many, and it's not a "real F2P", since you need to buy more than you think to keep your "char", and if you get a paper and a calc you will see you spend more than $15.99 per month.

but! something ZoS can make to get better.

1 - The Game needs a started edition that you can play until a "certain level", like 15, and of course disable, many many things, carrying gold and bla bla.

2 - Sub prize can decrease according your active and billing playing how:
    1st - 6 month of active playing: 15.99;
    2nd - after 6 month: 12.99;
    3th - 1 year playing the game: 9.99.

IF you unsub, or cancel your account you start all over again.

Can be a good choice to reduce the prize and make "many" people happy.

Classes

Well let's start like it: Forget Sorc and DK's buff's, nerfs, and etc FOR NOW, let's focus on really matter:

Templars and NigthBlades,

The idea is balance not under or over power any kind of classes.

Well I wouldn't complete all my feedback, since many players has posted great ideas!

But the most import is: Game is starting right now, we all know that we deserve more, and the game need to be fix, but what kind of game started perfect?

I can give you a simple example Diablo 3 (IF you read the forum you will see many many complains and the game just started to get better after 1st expansion), and WoW (at begin) ... well we don't need to flame or flood what we all know.
    Edited by AelyinESO on 10 June 2014 13:00
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    In an unrelated issue, how are stickies being sunk and for what purpose?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »

NOT a good idea. What if for example People have real-life issues that means they let their Subscription lapse for a month or Three, but intend to come back when Things calm Down? It wouldn't be fair for them to have to start over.

• MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, after reading this, I do have questions wich I hope are being answered (before I think about joining in on the test server...)

[*] Player characters can no longer be attacked before they finish loading into the game.[/list]

This WAS possible? o.O

Nightblade
    • Master Assassin: This passive ability now increases spell power in addition to weapon power. Its stun duration increase has also been added to the tooltip.
    • Reaper’s Mark (Mark Target morph): This ability’s weapon and spell damage buff no longer stacks with itself – the duration of the damage buff will now just refresh upon each kill.

Does that count for bows, too?
    [*] Refreshing Path: This ability will now heal your allies, and the healing done has been slightly increased.

Is it possible to turn this ally helaing effect off?
    Sorcerer
    [*] General Summon Improvements
    • Your pets will now stealth with you when you initially crouch.
    • Your pets can now be given a target to attack.

Can the Pets be attacked by an enemy player and if does attacking the stealthed pet cause the owner of it to fall out of stealth or the pet only?
    Templar
    [*] Rite of Passage: This Ultimate ability is now capable of critical strikes and will make you immune to crowd-control while channeling it.

Does that include staying in the utli even though some mob or player can land a crit strike on one that - as it is now - kicks you out of the ulti?
    Edited by MercutioElessar on 10 June 2014 10:24
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    AelyinESO wrote: »

NOT a good idea. What if for example People have real-life issues that means they let their Subscription lapse for a month or Three, but intend to come back when Things calm Down? It wouldn't be fair for them to have to start over.

Agreed! and "edited" post! :D
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • andre.oliveto2preub18_ESO
    Need to fix the 2nd boss on veteran banished cells, we can exploit him by using ranged atacks and killing the boss without fight him!
    Edited by andre.oliveto2preub18_ESO on 10 June 2014 15:38
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Really hoping you guys decide to remove the change to Bolt Escape. Majorly nerfing the only skill that makes Sorcerer attractive isn't really a good thing, specially when there was truly nothing wrong with it in the first place.

nope its not wrong that they can use use it 100 times to escape.. or stun you.. cant even catch em on a horse... bout time they nerf that.. no more mindless spamming BE when you in trouble huh? hahahah!! too bad!

• Jerle69
    Jerle69
    Soul Shriven
    Provisioning mats in vet zones are hosed. Please put in the VR5 uncommon stuff... You know Pinguis, Imperial Flour...

Thanks...
  • andre.oliveto2preub18_ESO
    i hope that patch come with a miracle, you guys ill need this to save the game.
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I try to be an understanding and decent person but some of you are totally ridiculous, bashing on other classes, calling each other names, and just acting completely selfish. Then there are the whiners.....please stop. I think each and every one of you should be forced to play the class you have something to say about. Don't talk crap unless you have first hand knowledge.
    I was of the opinion that Sorc's were way over in the damage area, but I get the need to kill things quickly for them now (there squishy) because I started playing one. DK's are considered OP by some but I feel I don't do as much damage as others, I just survive better. Could other classes consider that unfair....absolutely. I have yet to play a Templar or NB so I am not qualified to speak on their classes <
    see what I did there? That is what some of you need to learn to do.
    Just because you get stomped by someone in PVP or see someone do something really cool during gameplay, it does not mean their class has no issues. I got FUBARed by a NB the first time I stepped into Cyrodill and I was MAD but...... I don't hate them or think they should be nerfed because of it. Are their imbalances..... of course. THE GAME IS NEEEEW! My brother plays other MMO's that have been out for years and they still have imbalances, give it a little time for goodness sake.
    In the meantime learn a lesson from the people in here who are leaving constructive and useful feedback, because downing on someone, being ignorant or whining is not going to help with discovering and implementing the changes that need to be made.
    I know it sometimes feels as though things are not happening quickly enough but you need to take a step back and realize what a massive undertaking this is and look at how many admin comments there are in the forums, they do listen to what we say and fix as much as they can within reason.
    Not everybody wants the same things so they have to look at what is feasible and best for the game in general. My best advise to you if you don't like the changes is to do what others have done.... unsub. That way those of us who stay don't have to deal with your unhappiness.
    For the people who have decided not to play anymore I am sorry to see you go, but if you don't love the game the way I do I understand and agree you shouldn't play it anymore. Even with all the problems I LOVE this game and I'm here for the long haul.
    To the people who made and provide upkeep on this awesome game thank you and keep doing what your doing, I have every faith it will only get better! :)
  • Jaztica
    Jaztica
    Soul Shriven
    So here are a few yet unmentioned details that... just need changed:

Mechanical / ability:
    Drain essence - Fix to work on mobs that are CC'd, and fix the sluggish activation.
    Bat swarm - Way too sluggish!! This needs to activate when you press the button, not 2-4 seconds later. I have died so many times in clutch situations to this ability just not activating when I press the button :(
    Solar disturbance - Needs to not have like a 1 in 10 chance of stealing your ultimate cost but not actually activating.

Flavor:
    Music - ESO music gets old really quickly. Similar to MMO's like WoW, I was really hoping for diverse music that would color the races & their zones, giving them more of a sense of culture - especially with obscure races like Bosmer and Argonians. That is missing and would boost my enjoyment of the game by about 500%.
    Zone design - Most of them are boxy and crowded, I feel very restricted in where I can go, not as if I have a big open world to explore. Also too many fluff mobs that force you to path them just to get wherever you're going.
    Voice - While ESO has a lot of exceptional voice-acting and quests, probably 1/4 to 1/2 or so are just... nothing special. Repetitive voices (Jarl Balgruuf? What are YOU doing here??) or voices that are not as much acted as narrated just make me feel like I'm grinding, not having an adventure. More voice actors & actresses, and you don't need zones packed with quests or fluff mobs to have interesting and flavorful zones that take at least several hours each to fully explore!

I want to love this game more than I do (long-time devotee of Morrowind & Oblivion) but it's like I am playing 75% against the game's bugs & imbalances while only 25% towards actual exploration or game mechanics. And when I look at the game in its current state I'm just filled with a sense of how much more TLC its development deserves...

I feel like I'm playing an Open Beta of ESO, not a release. I really have a hard time thinking of it as anything else in its current state.
    Edited by Jaztica on 11 June 2014 19:37
    Stream: twitch.tv/jaztica
    Twitter: @Karastrasza
    <FORCE>: www.tesoforce.com
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any plans on templars magicka management?
    Edited by tplink3r1 on 11 June 2014 21:23
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭

... the ONLY skill that makes sorc attractive.... you cant be serious??
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    • General:
      • Fixed an issue where some item sets were providing an incorrect amount of spell critical, critical strike, physical resist, or spell resist.
      • Corrected tooltip typos for the following item sets:
        • Affliction
        • Almalexia’s Mercy
        • Crest of Cyrodiil
        • Hircine’s Vineer
        • Whitestrake’s Retribution
    • Apprentice Garb: This item set now affects 6 targets instead of an unlimited amount.
    • Azura’s Peace: This item set bonus now works correctly.
    • Grace of the Ancients: Clarified tooltip for item set and its bonus.
    • Hircine’s Vineer: This set’s bonus is no longer removed when a group member dies.
    • Relics of the Physician: This item set now properly increases healing done.
    • Shalidor’s Curse: Clarified the tooltip for this item set and its bonus.
    • Soulshine: This item set is now capable of reflecting spells with a cast time.
    • Vengeance Leech: This item set now properly grants health recovery on kill.
    • Worm’s Raiment: This set’s bonus is no longer removed when a group member dies.

Good start on fixing item sets, but why has the most bugged set in the game not even been looked at...Hunding's Rage set should have been #1 on the priority list to fix. If for nothing else, to at least be a bandage on the would that is stamina/weapon skill builds. If Hunding's Rage 5 set was fixed, it would at least give stamina users a set to flock to in order to see if they can compete.

I would hope ZOS is aware of the issue already but if not, here is an explanation. I crafted new sets to make sure my numbers are exact and the controls are not messed with.

Bottom line: the 5 set reads (at VR 9 white quality) "Increases weapon damage by 18% when using weapon abilities". This reads to me that it increases the weapon abilities damage by 18% of the weapon's portion of the damage.

Base Damage:

Completely ungeared (ie naked) my Executioner IV (two handed morph) deals 81 damage.

Gear: All gear listed is white, with no enchantments or traits, unless otherwise listed.

Level 13 vendor bought great sword (Green) = 40 damage.

VR9 crafted great sword = 134 damage.

VR9 crafted medium hunding's rage set (5 pieces) = 18% increase.

Test:
    Naked with green level 13 sword, Executioner does 106 damage. So far it can be noted that a about 62% of the weapon's damage is added to the skill's damage.

Naked with white VR9 sword, Executioner does 166 damage. It appears that this weapon added about 63% of the weapon's damage to the skill's damage. Pretty consistent.

5 Piece Hunding's Rage set equipped with green level 13 sword. Executioner tool tip still displays 106 damage. It appears that the set has 0 effect. Set is broken and useless. Should be around 110 damage if you count the set as only increasing the weapons portion of the effect. Would be around 125 if the set counted to the ability as a whole.

5 Piece Hunding's Rage set equipped with white VR9 sword. Executioner tool tip still displays 166 damage. It appears that the set has 0 effect. Set is broken and useless. Should be around 180 damage if you count the set as only increasing the weapons portion of the effect. Would be around 195 if the set counted to the ability as a whole.

Conclusion: a crafted 6 trait requirement, 5 set bonus, that can do nothing but help any type of weapon skill or stamina build, is 100% useless.

If ZOS cares enough about spell crit sets not giving enough or too much crit, for the love of the Nine. Please fix the capstone stamina build set so it actually works!

I do not even want to know how many people have crafted this set and upgraded it all the way to legendary only to find out the 5 set does literally nothing.

Edit: Ran 2 different combat log mods with the same results on both. The set appears to be adding about 5-7 damage to the abilities. Now mind you, this is with VR 9 gear and weapons. On a 134 damage great sword about 63% of the damage is used for the skills damage, with the 18% set bonus it should be using 81% if the weapons damage. With a weapon of that damage I should be seeing a 22-24 damage per hit increase. Not a 5-7.

If you start asking about armor of the target, i was hitting a level 40 troll in all my tests, and was giving about 80% of the damage that my tool tip was saying I should be, safe to assume that the troll has 20% physical damage reduction. Means i should have still seen a 18-20 damage increase, not a 5-7.

Remember, I am calculating this based on what the set bonus says it does "Increases weapon damage by 18% when using weapon abilities", I am only looking for an increase on the weapons damage portion of the weapon ability, not an increase on the entire ability.
    Edited by Lyall84 on 13 June 2014 17:33
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How Nightblade/DW/Medium armor/WW should have been patched:

Increased damage of assassination attacks by 20%. Assassination abilities gain damage bonus from both magicka and stamina pools.

Decreased stamina cost of DW abilities by 30% and increased damage by 25%.

Twin Blade and Blunt: this ability now grants a chance to "parry" melee attacks by 10% per rank

Medium armor: Evasion: This ability now grants 10% to dodge per rank, and each attack dodge grants a 10% bonus to stamina regen, per rank.

Reduced Ultimate cost of Werewolf transformation by 50%. When at night during a full moon phase you will now automatically transform into a Werewolf. Werewolf passives become constantly active. Killing an enemy grants an extra 5 seconds to remain in werewolf form. Werewolf form grants a 20% damage reduction from melee and spell attacks.

I mean, suggestions and a quick reply, but come on....Look at what I've said. This is ludicrous that you guys aren't doing these or something close. It's such a simple coding fix and so easy to implement.

Cancelled my account a month ago, and until I see changes like this to the class I wanted to play and the skill lines listed, I won't be back. The oral service ZOS devs give to Vampires, DK's and Sorcerers is just sickening. I don't want those to be nerfed at all, but I want MY choice of skills to be buffed, you know, since we are apparently supposed to "play as we like."

Last time you guys posted a Nightblade update, you told us you were making extensive changes to the class to improve their function: Where are they? You said these would come in 1.2.x. Where are they? I know this is PTR and nothing is official, but honest to gods, how many modifications have we all actually seen coming out from PTR notes versus official patch notes? Almost none, across every MMORPG, ever. PTR notes usually end up going live as they are and we all know it.

Where are your priorities ZOS?

"Let's make sure DK's and Sorcerer vampires in heavy armor are very happy! Let's release new content for them to enjoy. HA! Look at those Nightblade players (oh I mean, only the ones who don't use resto staffs and heavy armor) struggling past VR2. hurr hurr hurr!"

*vomit*
    Edited by martymart76_ESO on 13 June 2014 12:35
This discussion has been closed.