Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Deadly Bash - Before and After

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're going to lose a ton of subscribers because no one wants to wait another 7+ weeks for weapons and Night blades to be fixed, and that's only assuming weapons are even on their radar - they've only promised Night blades will be fixed in 1.2.

Right now the only viable build for any class is light armor and at least one if not both staves. Somehow this is acceptable to bash haters.
    Edited by Maverick827 on 23 May 2014 11:37
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenrae wrote: »

EDIT: Whatever happened to "Play your way?" I want to hit things over the head with my shield, because I play sword and board. You don't want me to.

yeah I wanted to kill them with kindness but it just doesn't work. Damn you Zenimax!

• SteelFaithU2
    SteelFaithU2
    Soul Shriven
    Bash needed a nerf, but not this severe. I wish they just increased the stamina cost a bit, and lowered the damage by 25% max. Melee in general really just sucks for pvp now.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    before:
    WehfjU4.jpg

after:
    x8pj6Ad.jpg

If bash cost 200 stamina without Deadly Bash, then it cost 100 stamina before 1.1.2 and 120 after... Is this really a big deal?

I found no "delay" or cooldown that some had complained about.

The first picture is photoshopped, the font is incorrect. This is not a valid point any more.

The "before" pic was cropped from a screen of the ESO.HEAD skill calculator since the patch was live. The "after" pic was from one of my characters 20 minutes after the patch went live. I used CS to crop the pics... what's your point?

Yep. Thanks for the backup :D
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Duoing with someone is safer and kills packs of mobs faster , soloing groups of 4 can be dangerous and take a while.

Crazy talk isn't it ?
    Yes, that is crazy, considering that you're talking about a game that's selling itself as the next installment in an RPG series known best for its intimate, solo gameplay for the past twenty years.

Elder Scrolls VI: Something cleaver is the next installment of Elder Scrolls games. Please don't put that out there in the universe that ESO is part of the single player series.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honeslty if you thought the highest DPS weapon was going to be a Shield while you had extra defense, were blocking the entire time and interupting any spell cast while doing was going to remain the highest DPS weapon MMO's are not for you. For something as blatantly broken as that you enjoy it while it lasts

Moderator Edit: Removed Insulting Content
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 23 May 2014 14:18
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    Honeslty if you thought the highest DPS weapon was going to be a Shield while you had extra defense, were blocking the entire time and interupting any spell cast while doing was going to remain the highest DPS weapon MMO's are not for you. For something as blatantly broken as that you enjoy it while it lasts but if you learn to rely on it you are just plain dumb.
    If you don't see how terrible all stamina weapons are now, then you're the dumb one.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Duoing with someone is safer and kills packs of mobs faster , soloing groups of 4 can be dangerous and take a while.

Crazy talk isn't it ?
    Yes, that is crazy, considering that you're talking about a game that's selling itself as the next installment in an RPG series known best for its intimate, solo gameplay for the past twenty years.

Elder Scrolls VI: Something cleaver is the next installment of Elder Scrolls games. Please don't put that out there in the universe that ESO is part of the single player series.
    I didn't put it out there, Zenimax did.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    power bash not problem....bash attack from block was problem and now they made it to where it sucks.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honeslty if you thought the highest DPS weapon was going to be a Shield while you had extra defense, were blocking the entire time and interupting any spell cast while doing was going to remain the highest DPS weapon MMO's are not for you. For something as blatantly broken as that you enjoy it while it lasts but if you learn to rely on it you are just plain dumb.
    If you don't see how terrible all stamina weapons are now, then you're the dumb one.

I'm not sure how that had anything to do with what I posted but congrats for being a keyboard warrior!

Also if you quit whining and try out some things you can do quite a lot of damage with stamina based builds. You have to get away from crying on the forum and test things out and learn to play though.

Also you can do plenty of damage and solo with a shield/sword without abusing Bash.

This is either the MMO with more crybabies than any MMO in history or there are some seriuosly low skilled players.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    it's holding agro and staying alive.

What is this aggro you speak of? Is this capability of holding aggro not damage based? Or do we have some magical AoE taunts we are not aware of?

Btw, the single target taunt does not offer 15 seconds of fixation of the mobs on us (see the official answer on how it works).
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    Dublicious wrote: »
    For that matter, I'd like to play as a sorcerer whose staff provides the same defensive benefits as a shield. Come on ZOS! Let me play how I want! I also want heavy armor that gives me Magicka!

EXCUSE ME?
    WHAT does a shield provide in terms of defense?

• kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely wrote: »
    For that matter, I'd like to play as a sorcerer whose staff provides the same defensive benefits as a shield. Come on ZOS! Let me play how I want! I also want heavy armor that gives me Magicka!

EXCUSE ME?

Armor, significantly reduces the damage of incoming attack and interrupts spell casting to name a few.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭

EXCUSE ME?

Armor, significantly reduces the damage of incoming attack and interrupts spell casting to name a few.

The armour is 177(That means 3½% damage migration at best) for Vr10 epic. And interrupts is somethign everyone can do.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how that had anything to do with what I posted but congrats for being a keyboard warrior!

Also if you quit whining and try out some things you can do quite a lot of damage with stamina based builds. You have to get away from crying on the forum and test things out and learn to play though.

Also you can do plenty of damage and solo with a shield/sword without abusing Bash.

This is either the MMO with more crybabies than any MMO in history or there are some seriuosly low skilled players.
    The only crybabies and "low skilled players" are ones who cried about shield bash in the first place and think other weapons do "quite a lot of damage." You seriously have no idea what you're talking about.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only crybabies and "low skilled players" are ones who cried about shield bash in the first place and think other weapons do "quite a lot of damage." You seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Makes sense .. holding block while interupting and getting the highest DPS melee damage in the game for the least stamina cost is being low skilled and not being able how to figure out how to maximize melee dps is being dumb!

Not sure about 2 Hand because I have not played it but all other weapons are viable. If you are relying 100% on weapon attacks and ignoring class skills you are just doing it wrong. Every class has class skills that stack well with weapons.
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »

EXCUSE ME?

The armour is 177(That means 3½% damage migration at best) for Vr10 epic. And interrupts is somethign everyone can do.

And currently my staff provides 0 armor! What the hell? I want it to have armor. Is it bugged or is ZoS screwing me over AGAIN?!
    ESO Username: @Dublicious
    Title: Splitter of Hairs

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
    Liquado Starlinor Vet 4 DK Tank, alchemist
    Some low level Templar and NB...
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »

EXCUSE ME?

And currently my staff provides 0 armor! What the hell? I want it to have armor. Is it bugged or is ZoS screwing me over AGAIN?!
    I'll trade you 177 armor and the 1h tree for either of the staff trees.