The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Trader swap issue - EU server

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA seems to have gone fine. All traders had guilds right after the switch. My trade guilds are listed as having their usual traders.

we lost all our bids and got refunded the right amount of money.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    NA seems to have gone fine. All traders had guilds right after the switch. My trade guilds are listed as having their usual traders.

Well, then most probably it's not a bug, but server performance and poor PC EU simply was too overloaded to chew it all properly.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Well, then most probably it's not a bug, but server performance and poor PC EU simply was too overloaded to chew it all properly.

Or we were the Beta ;)
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA went off without a hitch. I dont have guilds there but logged in and asked around along with some other EU GM's
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit *seems to be a visual error.
    Edited by sylviermoone on 19 August 2019 01:40
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked like there was a short lock placed on hiring as bids were resolved, possibly a GM was checking that they did process before allowing for hiring to start. Amounts looked right on the refund, ;( EU got all the brakes...

Bet they wish they had talked with us and listened that they should have started with two bids to ensure multi-bidding was working as intended.

edit: I did have to reloadui to get the correct guild listing to show the traders hired for them.
    I'll have submit a bug incident report that NA server did not get refund of 10x Bid...
    Edited by Grimm13 on 19 August 2019 04:57
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    Well I only placed one bid for my guild so I certainly didn't cause this but someone has definitely exploited the bug since this all happened and is now on our trader. The Trader hire was made at least 4 hours after the turnover fiasco because it was showing empty when I left my house at 7pm for Shreveport and now it's been hired.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, let us know before the servers go live after maintenance, if we'll need to hire traders, or if we're stuck with what we currently have/don't have for the remainder of the week. So, GMs and officers have a chance to organize, who will go online to hire our vendor kiosks. We 'd like to get the kiosks going as quickly as possible. So, trading can continue with as little disruption as possible.

Best Regards
    Edited by Arrodisia on 19 August 2019 07:06
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thre are still traders in prime locations that show up as being able to hire - 12 hours after the flip. This is a complete clusterf@ck.

And yes, dear moderators, there is no other way of talking about this absolute disaster than swear words.
    Edited by Varana on 19 August 2019 07:05
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow.
    I got online this morning (arriving late at night after a holiday trip yesterday), realized that something about the trader bidding went wrong, and came to the forums expecting a big "Something went wrong. We are looking into it." banner on top from ZOS. (Actually, I'd have expected a "we will correct it" but this is ZOS, so...)
    What I found was... nothing.
    And a lot of threads about the problem with, again, nothing from ZOS to answer them.
    And then the posts that say "everything went fine on NA server". So now I fear that ZOS will probably not lift a finger to correct this whole mess, aside from creating some sloppy workaround for PC EU for next week that may or may not work. No refunds or corrections for people who lost the money because they "won" their trader and still don't have it because someone else hired it, and certainly no correction of the too-high refunds.
    But I'll hope till the bitter end, and wait for the EU maintenance to happen. Maybe a miracle will occur, and ZOS will use the downtime to correct their failure in some way.
    Edited by LanteanPegasus on 19 August 2019 07:45
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No official statement ?
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet. Maybe they're busy making a patch ready.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Cani wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Wait did you say a FEW bids went wrong lmfao white knighting at its finest. But hey ya gotta stick up for the big guys might get some brownie points with ZOS LOLZ

I'm not sticking up for anyone, this fiasco is just another reason why the guild trading system is such rubbish.

If the Servers can't handle something that supposedly impacts a small population of the game, then what makes you think that it can support the traffic that will occur with a GAH?

Auction house should actually generate *less* traffic than guild traders. Right now if someone were to search for an item in the main guild traders in just the top 10 zones, they would generate 50 queries. An auction house would generate 1.

Plus all the business would be spread evenly through the week, there wouldn't be a Sunday evening bidding war.

And killing a whole subcategory of People who actually play this game for its Trading System.

The fact that the whole Trading System is Playerrun and ZOS only changes Droprates is by far the best thing in this game. And it actually hurts how much those ppl get overlooked..

I bet the vast majority of players never opened the guild trader interface. There is no scarcity in normal stuff such as basic crafting materials, so unless you need a lot of them you typically get all you need by playing the game. Stuff that sells just moves around among a small percentage of players. All but a handful of relevant gear sets are bound on pickup. There are no mechanisms in place to prevent item flipping and price gouging. I'll give you that there seem to be some people who enjoy the guild trader minigame. But I honestly think the game would be better off if ZOS finally trashed it and implemented an AH with some sanity checks.

Does every single thread need to turn into a Global AH discussion? Can't we just stick to what's broken for now?

Ha. Hahahahah. Anyway, The plan to fix server performance is working as intended:

Alienate as many players as possible causing them to leave the game.

B)>:)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, just letting you know that we are working on a resolution to this issue from yesterday. More details to come as we continue to investigate, stay tuned...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just letting you know that we are working on a resolution to this issue from yesterday. More details to come as we continue to investigate, stay tuned...

With all due respect, Gina, and while I assume you personally can do absolutely nothing at all about this, that is not good enough. ZOS went ahead with this despite the warnings from the community. ZOS did it on a Sunday when there was likely nobody around to act if necessary. ZOS acknowledged the issue soon after it happened but took no action whatsoever, and now, nearly a day later, ask us to "stay tuned". Meanwhile EU servers are reportedly melting. Again.

I regret my positive reaction to your announcement during QuakeCon of a step plan to address ongoing issues, which I only realised later was a rehash of what had already been said back in March. I'm now, again, very skeptical of ZOS' ability to provide a service that is on par with what's expected of a AAA game.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait guys, I have to tell u something... Stay tuned!!!!!

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• vlakipn
    vlakipn
    ✭✭✭
    Fix your bull5hit servers, please, with a ******* cherry on the top.
    Thanks.
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭

thank you but I was hoping for a different reply after 18+ hours but it is ok. even it says nothing please say hi or something , it really hurts to not get response for these time
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As in "We've only just arrived in the office and have no clue whatsoever what's going on."
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it is well understandable who has received excessive repayments. These guilds / guild leaders, of course, the sum must be deducted again. Once they have spent this money, and thus exploited intentionally, they should be banned permanently and their assets confiscated.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm sure plenty of players will be banned for using gold after this. ZOS won't be able to tell what "portion" of the gold was used (whether ill gotten gains or actual gold in bank) so ban hammer will be crushing and swift.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by marius_buys on 19 August 2019 14:42
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »

I think it is well understandable who has received excessive repayments. These guilds / guild leaders, of course, the sum must be deducted again. Once they have spent this money, and thus exploited intentionally, they should be banned permanently and their assets confiscated.

...and what about the loss of income due to insufficient testing?
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry, there is no rule or insurance against mistakes, or even incompetence, by Zenimax, but there are clear rules against exploits.

Edited by Thorvarg on 19 August 2019 14:48
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭

But who will get banned? It might not even be the guild leader using the money, maybe one of the several officers used it? I don't think it is as easy as it sounds.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So... should all those players who created Necromancers and played without buying Elsweyr be banned permanently?

ZoS stated they would not ban accounts that exploited Necromancer, for obvious reasons.

ZoS isn't going to chase down the bonus gold, nor are they going to create further chaos by banning GMs.

You're just going to have to live with the fact that there is little ZoS can do at this point.

There will be a patch, some sort of vague explanation, and that will be it.

This is a video game, after all.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly this. Many people were left with no trader, and no refunded gold at all. Some people are harping on the few guilds who won some extra money, but barely or not even mentioning the ones who lost big. Where is the compensation for that? At this point they should just work on the patch, and refund the losses. So, it doesn't happen again. The rest is just a waste of time and resources at this point.

Best Regards
    Edited by Arrodisia on 19 August 2019 14:54
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly this. Many people were left with no trader, and no refunded gold at all. Some people are harping on the few guilds who won some extra money, but barely or not even mentioning the ones who lost big. Where is the compensation for that? At this point they should just work on the patch, and refund the losses. So, it doesn't happen again. The rest is just a waste of time and resources at this point.

Best Regards

Its pretty clear what untangling it properly would take.

ZOS needs to revert all trader ownership, rerun the guild bids, assign traders appropriately, and refund the unused bids, while taking back the extra refunds and punishing those who took advantage of the excessive refunds for breaking the TOS.

That fixes the issue for all guilds who used the multibidding system.

It sucks for the players who bought traders for 10K, because that's technically the game working as intended for unclaimed traders...but its clear the game didn't work as intended. So those players didnt exploit because buying unclaimed traders is the game working as intended, but its still better to reset the whole thing.

The players who spent the excessive refunds, on the other hand, absolutely exploited. Those are players who know exactly how much they bid, who know exactly how much refund they expected, and spending or "laundering" that gold was no accident. That was deliberately taking advantage of a glitch.

Now, whether or not ZOS will actually do the above...that's up to them.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    can we please at least stop quibbling about each other and focus on the main issue here? that the entire system was pooped, lots of things happened that shouldnt have, and it needs fixing. Quarreling amongst ourselves is useless here.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)