Server maintenance times

• Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.
    dev response here
    Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

They are aware of there lack of communication zombie.When you where gone they lets us know they will work on it
    Edited by Zaggolf on April 2, 2014 4:50PM
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    LoLEProps wrote: »
    Is anyone else having tacos tonight?

I had tacos for dinner! :D
    Options
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    typeopymp wrote: »
    While we are here.... Let's work on Forum Star counts!! Insightful, Agree, Awesome, LOL everyone that participated today!

Do It! can't get in game so lvl your forums!
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
    Options
  • Trevolock
    Trevolock
    Let's Break 100 pages!!
    Options
  • acespades100
    acespades100
    ✭✭
    lloysa wrote: »
    KK... does anybody know why for god sake the very first container from the Prophet has various types of armor (light, med, heavy), but a BOW every time? Tried it with different chars and alliances and classes - it is a bow every time... Seems a bit weird ))

i believe because you cant get a bow in the cold harbor/tutorial mission
    yes you can, i looted everything before leaving coldharbor and had a good armor and bow when i arrived to town
    Options
  • theonez
    theonez
    What I want is a completed full crafting skill at the end of the maintenance....
    but wait, am I dreaming?
    Options
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We just got a bunch of Downtime Defenders posts stuck into this thread. I would guess the devs are doing something to the forums.
    Options
  • L3p
    L3p
    Good morning ESO peoples... I decided to go to bed when the servers went down... still down.... *Le sigh*
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Zaeros wrote: »
    While we are here.... Let's work on Forum Star counts!! Insightful, Agree, Awesome, LOL everyone that participated today!

I do a really terrible job at offering insight or I'd be four-stars D :

EDIT: Smiley was mad for some reason
    Edited by Z0MBiEjaw on April 2, 2014 4:51PM
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Myrdreth wrote: »
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    BTW this is a combination of both scheduled and emergency maintenance. Mostly they are reducing ways to level up quickly.

WHAT? Why? °A°

If this is true, probably because rushing to end game with a game that has not even "officially" released yet is bad. While there may be some End Game content it usually is not enough to keep people from setting fire to the barns and screaming about the devs not caring. a lot of new MMO's have population dips after launch because "There is no endgame!QQ"

Two Cents and a bag of cheetos
    Options
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.
    dev response here
    Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.

They are aware of there lack of communication zombie.When you where gone they lets us know they will work on it

They already did, 1-2 hours after noon est was the last ETA
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    Zaeros wrote: »

Got 2 levels so i'm happy :)
    Options
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not usually a trollish type of person or the type of person to enjoy schadenfreude, but the intensity of sincere butthurt some of you guys are experiencing dude to giving a *** about other people in this thread giving you sarcastic or know-it-all or otherwise assholish replies to your comments is just breath-taking. just ignore them, why even dignify it with a pissed off response? unless you are just feeding into it so we can reach 100 pages before we're back up. in that case, carry on, i guess.
    i disagree wholeheartedly, you sir are a fop :expressionless: i find your face as offensive to my vision as your rear is to my nose.

a Fop and a Gad I call thee :expressionless:
    Options
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    just trying to ease you alittle zombie :D
    Options
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO
    And Zombie sorry if i came across patronising really it's liek 4am here i'm not meaning to :(
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    just trying to ease you alittle zombie :D

ily bby

Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Someone lock this already, it have over 2,500 comments lol
    Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    Ok so.... Defenders need to make a post here: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-pve-guild-recruitment

It would make it easier to recruit us all when we get back on.
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
    Options
  • Aiolos07
    Aiolos07
    I immediately regret taking off Wed and Thursday now -_-
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Research ... of course, I should have thought of that ... that would have been a good use of down time.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • jessenash1234_ESO
    Myrdreth wrote: »
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    BTW this is a combination of both scheduled and emergency maintenance. Mostly they are reducing ways to level up quickly.

WHAT? Why? °A°

There are people at Lvl. 50 already who abused the game and skipped all the content. So this is a good thing. Can't wait for all those people to be bitching about a lack of game content lol.
    Options
  • pfalzer
    pfalzer
    ✭✭
    I like tilsiter i think the most maybe then gouda or butterkase
    Options
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    LoLEProps wrote: »
    Is anyone else having tacos tonight?

Had them last night. Leftover chicken tetrazzini tonight, chicken things with marinara and pasta tomorrow.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
    Options
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭

dev response here

They already did, 1-2 hours after noon est was the last ETA

I didn't write it look its a copy from earlier for zombie
    Options
  • LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Options
  • Invisioblack
    Invisioblack
    ✭✭✭
    Dirigible wrote: »
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)

I've been reading the updates the entire time. By ETA what I mean is, it has been long enough now that you should know more specifically than "A few hours, maybe a couple". I'm referring to an actual ETA as in "The servers will be back online at 1:00 EDT"

As in a professional ETA not a "guestimate". As I said, 12 hours is too long and its time to wrap this up now before it becomes something I'm actually quite annoyed with vs. starting to feel edgy about.

Actually - when debugging a system any ETA is a guess... Until you find the problem there is no way to know what needs to be done to fix it. Then once that problem is fixed you have to test.

If everything passes... then you are done. If not - troubleshoot again.

So - a professional ETA on a software issue that is unknown is always a guesstimate. Please note that the E stands for "Estimate"
    Options
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Dirigible wrote: »
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)

I've been reading the updates the entire time. By ETA what I mean is, it has been long enough now that you should know more specifically than "A few hours, maybe a couple". I'm referring to an actual ETA as in "The servers will be back online at 1:00 EDT"

As in a professional ETA not a "guestimate". As I said, 12 hours is too long and its time to wrap this up now before it becomes something I'm actually quite annoyed with vs. starting to feel edgy about.

was a post about the fix being deployed and they are now (then) playtesting it.
    presumably the playtests failed...
    Options
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    They said as of noon the eta would be around 1-2 more hours. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2 is the link to the page that says it.
    Options
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    You're all writing too fast...can't keep up...*dies*
    ~ ♥ ~
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    lloysa wrote: »
    KK... does anybody know why for god sake the very first container from the Prophet has various types of armor (light, med, heavy), but a BOW every time? Tried it with different chars and alliances and classes - it is a bow every time... Seems a bit weird ))

i believe because you cant get a bow in the cold harbor/tutorial mission

unless you loot one.

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options