Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit, Khajiit, Khajiit, Khajiit, Khajiit, DOG!
    go-home-you-are-drunk-meme-funny-pictures9.jpg.pagespeed.ce.zHL7TbujQW.jpg
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
    Options
  • Lustrati
    Lustrati
    Dirigible wrote: »
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)

I've been reading the updates the entire time. By ETA what I mean is, it has been long enough now that you should know more specifically than "A few hours, maybe a couple". I'm referring to an actual ETA as in "The servers will be back online at 1:00 EDT"

As in a professional ETA not a "guestimate". As I said, 12 hours is too long and its time to wrap this up now before it becomes something I'm actually quite annoyed with vs. starting to feel edgy about.

Ummm just to point out ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival, hence it is a guess. And if they did that, and were not done by that time I can really see these forums flaming up daedra pouring out of our keyboards and Portals opening up above every ESO gamers house
    Edited by Lustrati on April 2, 2014 4:45PM
    Options
  • hail.zarrub17_ESO
    Zaeros wrote: »
    all the Downtime Defenders be like
    tumblr_lhke4hA3Vp1qhbs3to1_400.jpg

THIS. Hahahaha
    -Dress Like A Target-
    Options
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    I still just want an explanation as to why we weren't told anything for seven, eight hours.
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
    Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    Well done gang!! I returned from my dog walk to three pages more!
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
    Options
  • juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    You know, I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great - and a nice touch of customer service - if Jessica came back and said:

"Look, we had to do some work on the servers. They're fixed now. Thanks for your patience. And, because you've been so cool through the wait . . . have an extra day of free time."

How cool would that be. Then the only people with anything to complain about would be the terminally ill.

about an hour or 2. This was disclosed a little earlier.
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)

I've been reading the updates the entire time. By ETA what I mean is, it has been long enough now that you should know more specifically than "A few hours, maybe a couple". I'm referring to an actual ETA as in "The servers will be back online at 1:00 EDT"

As in a professional ETA not a "guestimate". As I said, 12 hours is too long and its time to wrap this up now before it becomes something I'm actually quite annoyed with vs. starting to feel edgy about.

They will never give a spot on ETA because if they are wrong and it goes over by even 20 minutes, people will just start complaining again. Saying "Ugh you said it would be on at blah blah blah. Learn to do maintenance!" It's easier with guesstimates. But i can see where you are coming from :)
    Options
  • Robert.Graham18rwb17_ESO
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    So - and let me just wrap my mind around this - so you have literally taken over half a day to resolve an issue you haven't even revealed to the community, and you guys think it's super cool that what could potentially be over TWELVE HOURS of my early access period is just wrecked? You're killing me.

I think this "good games have bad launches" precedent is just the bee's knees right now, but you guys communicate like a crippled divorced couple who still live together despite the court-mandated restraining order. Jesus Christ.

ahh yeah they did explain obviously you didn't bother reading..
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.
    (no i've not gone to bed yet :P )

Let me just clarify again that I was up for EIGHT HOURS ON THESE FORUMS WAITING ON A RESPONSE WHILE THEY DID NOTHING AND SAID NOTHING AND OFFERED NOTHING. Forgive me if I didn't come back eager to crawl through the well over 40 pages of new posts to locate something resembling an answer to the big, mysterious question of "what the hell is going on?" Also, stop being *** because I'm irritated about something that really should have been communicated and confirmed a long time ago. Thanks.

soo maybe check the Offical News and Discussions forum where their is a pinned thread called ESO NORTH AMERICAN MEGASERVER DOWNTIME - 4/1 TO 4/2 it's not that hard to do a check.

Getting real sick of your condescending ***. Once again, why would I check Official News when for eight hours they had done nothing but copy+pasta'd the same "update?" Ima need you to put the fanboying on hold a take a moment to not be a supershitty human being and just *think.* Done with you, enjoy.

Sorry you feel that way, If you did read you'd see though that I am not a 'fanboy' actually I politely let jessica know that the lack of communication was not acceptable at all. And you'd also know that I've been here since the server went down so I know how damned frustrating it is. But jumping back on and hurling abuse when the information was given isn't productive either.

Your making the excuse because before i left it wasn't updated I can come in and yell.. with out checking at all to see if that fact had changed, which it had, the night shift went home day shift came on and realised that a balls up had happened in the communication of what was going on.

I just really don't see why you need to yell abuse does the fact you where here for eight hours while others have been here waiting for 12 etc make you more self entitled? no, were all in the same boat if you'd just asked 'Any updates? people wouldn't have been so agressive back, instead you choose to be a beep about how you went about it.
    -Rob Aka
    Weldien Phoenix
    Guild Leader Warriors Blood.
    Options
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that my two-day bow research is still progressing during the outage...

Devs confirmed research is still working, so downtime isn't negatively effecting research!

Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    is our guild gona be like exclusively for members from this thread or are we just recruiting anyone who wants to join?

I'm thinking live launch will bring many more prospective members;)

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • lloysa
    lloysa
    KK... does anybody know why for god sake the very first container from the Prophet has various types of armor (light, med, heavy), but a BOW every time? Tried it with different chars and alliances and classes - it is a bow every time... Seems a bit weird ))
    Options
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    When is our ingame mail being restored...
    Options
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    Zaeros wrote: »
    all the Downtime Defenders be like
    tumblr_lhke4hA3Vp1qhbs3to1_400.jpg

THIS. Hahahaha

ha thats the best one i've found yet
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
    Options
  • LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Lustrati wrote: »

Ummm just to point out ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival, hence it is a guess. And if they did that, and were not done by that time I can really see these forums flaming up daedra pouring out of our keyboards and Portals opening up above every ESO gamers house

It's a little more like an estimate. GTA would be a guess time of arrival.

Options
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    I just hope that my two-day bow research is still progressing during the outage...

Devs confirmed research is still working, so downtime isn't negatively effecting research!

What if your research was scheduled to be done hours ago and now i cant research anything new?!?! thats pretty negative to research to me!

The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
    Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    While we are here.... Let's work on Forum Star counts!! Insightful, Agree, Awesome, LOL everyone that participated today!
    Options
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    BTW this is a combination of both scheduled and emergency maintenance. Mostly they are reducing ways to level up quickly.

WHAT? Why? °A°
    ~ ♥ ~
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    I like cheese. This is also relevant.
    Options
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    LFG Banished Cells, need 1 DPS, 1 HEALS, 1 TANK and 1 server ;)

Don't need all that. D: You can easily do it without dedicated classes, except for maybe a healer. :P

Did it with 3 Nightblades and a Templar who died at the beginning of the last guy still killed him though

Did it with just my GF and me. Her palying a resto tempalr and me playing a DW melee sorc.

Most annoying part was the clannfear boss. Was a diceroll if one of us would get ganked by shadow + instant pounce at the same time.

Options
  • midnight_tea
    midnight_tea
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else just sad they chose to research the 6hr traits before the servers went down?
    /sadface

I had many things set up to being fully researched after I woke up so... yeah... :[

Edited by midnight_tea on April 2, 2014 4:53PM
    Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    lloysa wrote: »
    KK... does anybody know why for god sake the very first container from the Prophet has various types of armor (light, med, heavy), but a BOW every time? Tried it with different chars and alliances and classes - it is a bow every time... Seems a bit weird ))

It's a bow because you start out with everything else but dual weild it gives melee a chance to range
    Options
  • commandline
    Best one so far :)
    GusMTL wrote: »
    10157311_10152238686325141_1252009705_n.jpg
    Options
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    I have come back after checking my screenshot folder. I wanted to present to everyone the feats of this particular guard.

rRw9mxv.jpg
    Perhaps he is a Cossack?
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
    Options
  • LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Is anyone else having tacos tonight?
    Options
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »

This is good news
    Options
  • DocSavage47
    OK, I pre-ordered the CE to play 5 days before release. I'm not because the servers are down. I demand satisfaction: 50 gold to each player per hour that we're offline! Who's with me?!

post-39688-show-me-the-money-gif-Imgur-Je-TyRn.gif
    Options
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    LoLEProps wrote: »
    Is anyone else having tacos tonight?

Um.... you KNOW IT
    Options
  • frederickvanbenthemeb17_ESO
    lloysa wrote: »

i believe because you cant get a bow in the cold harbor/tutorial mission

Options
  • arrogantferret
    typeopymp wrote: »
    Well done gang!! I returned from my dog walk to three pages more!

yes, but we're sort of at a quantity not quality stage right now. just bitching, counter-bitching, a select few who have decided to ignore the bitching and post other things, and one or two of us just deliriously laughing at everything like Sheogorath. I'm one of the delirious ones.
    Options
  • Wylerayb14_ESO
    OMG they increased the respawn rate of suspicious cargo!!!
    Options