Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Thought I'd mention it in case it hadn't, and it's relevant/helpful and/or something can be done regarding it.

Doing the pre-Morrowind quest "The Missing Prophecy" and noticed a book on my map in the last section of it. I was in "Dyzera's Realm" and the book I saw was "Excerpt from al-Danobia Heist Journal".

The book is marked as "Hew's Bane Bookshelf" & located in/from [Clean Test] on the map mouse-over. According to UESP this book is located in al-Danobia Tomb, and indeed there is no book in "Dyzera's Realm" to be found.

UESP entry on book: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Excerpt_from_al-Danobia_Heist_Journal
    UESP entry on Dyzera's Realm: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dyzera_Realm

vDXEew1.png
    Edited by Kamatsu on June 5, 2017 6:16AM
    o_O
    Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashalmawia - Diary of Galur Rithari (approximately)

ashal1wntf2iprsl.jpg

ashal2zh7b5y2og6.jpg
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on June 5, 2017 12:31PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    @nurrtibub16_ESO Oh! Do you remember where you read chodala's writing? It didnt appear in my inventory during the quest--I think it's when his sister tells you about him she hands you something

@gkmichelb14a_ESO I'm quite sure it was in my inventory and I read it from there!

On a second note, I now also wonder about A Guide to Dwemer Mega-Structures. Is this found inside HoF?

*Firuth's Writ - weird duplicate of Writ of Endorsement, seems not to exist
    *Magister's Writ - not readable
    *Seythen's Journal - unknown location
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @nurrtibub16_ESO hmm yeah i tried again it still didnt appear...Red Exile Instructions also didn't register as read for some reason. They need to add the books somewhere that can be read after the quests are done.....

Also according to the internet Dwemer Mega-Structures is in HoF. I haven't completed it yet but I'll try to keep my eye out for it
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

Options
  • Moi_523
    Moi_523
    ✭✭✭
    I am searching for Bitter Travels Among the Nixad in the Gold Coast books and having no luck. I have checked every book shelf in the enclave and many other random book shelves in the map. Any ideas where to look? Also how often do the books in bookshelves change?
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kamatsu wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Thought I'd mention it in case it hadn't, and it's relevant/helpful and/or something can be done regarding it.

Doing the pre-Morrowind quest "The Missing Prophecy" and noticed a book on my map in the last section of it. I was in "Dyzera's Realm" and the book I saw was "Excerpt from al-Danobia Heist Journal".

The book is marked as "Hew's Bane Bookshelf" & located in/from [Clean Test] on the map mouse-over. According to UESP this book is located in al-Danobia Tomb, and indeed there is no book in "Dyzera's Realm" to be found.

UESP entry on book: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Excerpt_from_al-Danobia_Heist_Journal
    UESP entry on Dyzera's Realm: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dyzera_Realm

vDXEew1.png

I agree that there is a small bug, but that's what the people send to me :/
    We have few issues here, first in Hew's Bane, the zone is unknown (it should be in the castle of the kinglord when I look to the pos) and yes this place is buggy since TG release.. then, it should also being in Thieves den in hew's bane, but this place is also buggy.

finally, I have a report on this exact place at the coords you mentionned which is known to be an ex bandit den try before being converted into a quest location..

so we have 1-2 pins a bit missplaced ^^
    Edited by Ayantir on June 6, 2017 11:39PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    I Count the Nights: Blackheart Haven, coordinates 0.59, 0.54.

Copy and post /script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, 0.59, 0.54) in the in-game chat and it'll place a marker on your in-game map where it can be found.

Thanks so much!
    Also, I'm on console but this still helps a ton! :)
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kamatsu @Ayantir

In my experience, "Hew's Bane Bookshelf" lorebooks are scattered throughout Tamriel and none of them shown by any pin on the Map actually exists there. I'm not even sure that the lorebooks in the Hew's Bane zone that I might have found, and have yet to find, are included in "Hew's Bane Bookshelf". At least one Eidetic lorebook located in Hew's Bane is nonexistent, but, if memory serves it is not categorized as being in the "Hew's Bane Bookshelf".

Sometimes I think that I should follow the example of Charles Messier who made a list of celestial objects which are "not a comet", and make a list of lorebooks which are nonexistent in the locations shown for them by the Map filter pins -- and call it "Not a Lorebook". That would be a very long list. Although I've reported all of them in-game with screenshots attached, ZOS has done very little to correct any of the errors in their database.
    Edited by Shadowshire on June 16, 2017 2:34AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I'm beginning to wonder whether references to "[Clean Test]" are remnants of some activity that the ZOS development team conducted involving the Lorebooks database. The Lorebook shown below is not in the location shown by the pin:

imgur.com/OEvRH6X

The forum "Leave a Reply" editor will not allow me to embed the image in this message. It insists upon a URL then refuses to accept the URL. I have used the "URL" feature instead, and posted the image to www.imgur.com.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 9, 2017 8:21PM

Options
  • Moi_523
    Moi_523
    ✭✭✭
    in case anyone else was having trouble finding Bitter Travels Among the Nixad in the Gold Coast like I was. I did find it in a bookshelf in the Garlas Agea delve. :)
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have a look for the clean test zones. it's basically the zoneId which haven't been collected correctly.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    The book "Snowmead's missive" is still quest locked as of 13/06/17. I'm in the place the Lorebooks addon shows on the map and it isn't there. According to UESP it is on a NPC called "Kerig" as seen here: http://esomap.uesp.net/esomap.html?world=318&x=212402&y=385254&zoom=11

The NPC doesn't appear to be there after the quest so the book is still inaccessible.

I've reported a bug post so hopefully it will get fixed, would appreciate it if others do the same, too.
    Edited by Thal_J on June 13, 2017 10:47PM
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody happen to know if Invitation to Morrowind can be found somewhere in the world as well? I still have it in my inventory but I cannot read it anymore and apparently I didn't read it when it was a quest item.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • Zalakat
    Zalakat
    Soul Shriven
    AlphaAbsol wrote: »
    Vardan's Diary (Research Notes) is in the Bloodthorn Lair in Betnikh, but that area can't be re-entered after a quest there. Anyone know where it is?

Never mind - it's in another area that is accessible.

Where?
    Options
  • Wolffie
    Wolffie
    Soul Shriven
    "Arrest Writ" is no longer unavailable post-quest. It is in the southernmost section of the Thieves Den on a board behind a cooking fire.
    Edited by Wolffie on June 15, 2017 5:53AM
    Options
  • Wolffie
    Wolffie
    Soul Shriven
    Zalakat wrote: »
    Vardan's Diary (Research Notes) is in the Bloodthorn Lair in Betnikh, but that area can't be re-entered after a quest there. Anyone know where it is?

Never mind - it's in another area that is accessible.

Where?

You can access the Bloodthorn Lair through another entrance at the end of a path located here:
    http://esomap.uesp.net/esomap.html?world=348&x=620605&y=195313&zoom=11

Once inside, "Vardan's Diary" is located in the middle of the westernmost chamber of the lair.
    http://esomap.uesp.net/esomap.html?world=349&x=236816&y=630371&zoom=11
    Edited by Wolffie on June 15, 2017 5:56AM
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    A Guide to Dwemer Mega-Structures is available in crown store
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    WardogAce wrote: »

Meh, yes I saw it.. it can't possibly be that we need to purchase the furnishing bundle in order to access this book? :<
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭

Meh, yes I saw it.. it can't possibly be that we need to purchase the furnishing bundle in order to access this book? :<

....it sounds like that's the case. I think if one person buys it others can visit the house and read it themselves. Pay to Read haha

Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭

....it sounds like that's the case. I think if one person buys it others can visit the house and read it themselves. Pay to Read haha

Can you confirm that works though? I think it does not for other books you place, does it? If it does that would be ok new I guess. (You can read but it does not count I think.)
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭

Can you confirm that works though? I think it does not for other books you place, does it? If it does that would be ok new I guess. (You can read but it does not count I think.)

That's a good question--all of the lorebooks previously have not been eidetic memory books. This is a new case. I'll check tonight with friends if they can read it.

Options
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭

Checked it with two friends, they visited my home and read the book and they got it unlocked in their eidetic library.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    VolvoXX wrote: »

Checked it with two friends, they visited my home and read the book and they got it unlocked in their eidetic library.

Neat. @VolvoXX Is there any chance that you are accepting more visitors? (PC EU)

Edit: Nevermind. I found a guildie who had it. It worked.
    Edited by Insomnia rex on June 28, 2017 4:28PM
    Options
  • Moi_523
    Moi_523
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me can you get both Aera's Letter to Denskar and Aera's Letter to Tryn on one character? It seems to be an either or thing. Please reply if you know how to get both. Thanks!
    Edited by Moi_523 on June 30, 2017 5:51AM
    Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    @Moi_523

imgur.com/a/WbVcv

I have both, i don't remember how.
    Options
  • MarciusVetrack
    Please, can someone post a SS of the Book: "Tales of the Spinners" of the Devoted and Derranged Collection? I know he is somewhere in Greenshade, in that Shadows Crawl Fort. I searched it all over and cant find it nowhere! Please Help! I have the Lorebook add-on installed, and turned the Eidetic Memory icons on. The icon show in the map, but i can find the book! Help!
    Options
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭

Edit: Nevermind. I found a guildie who had it. It worked.

@Insomnia rex
    Hello,
    Can you PM your ingame nickname me so I can also visit your guildies"s home ?

Thanks a lot
    Regards

WFX
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone from PC NA that has a guide to mega structures that was part of the dwemer pipes bundle pls? PM me pls
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please tell me where to find "The Fickle Nature of Mudcrabs"? I've been all over the mage's guild in Davon's Watch (where Lorebooks has it marked), but can't seem to find it.

The only other book giving me this much trouble is "A Call to the Worthy" somewhere in Kvatch, which I still haven't been able to find.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moi_523 wrote: »
    I am searching for Bitter Travels Among the Nixad in the Gold Coast books and having no luck. I have checked every book shelf in the enclave and many other random book shelves in the map. Any ideas where to look? Also how often do the books in bookshelves change?
    How do you know that "Bitter Travels Among the Nixad" is among the Gold Coast books which you would find by searching bookshelves?

In my experience, books in bookshelves change each Monday, usually at 2 AM EDST (USA), i.e., GMT - 4. Daily quests such as crafting writs and daily dungeons change at 2 AM EDST each day, but bookshelves only change once per week.

However, I am not certain that the books in delve and dungeon bookshelves ever change. What the character finds in each bookshelf is randomly selected from a constant limited set of books each time that the character searches. It seems that, for some delves or dungeons, it may be worthwhile to pay two or more visits, because the books which have been found are reset to "none" after the character exits the dungeon. But I don't believe that the reset occurs either immediately each time the character leaves, or at each time that the character returns. It might instead be reset at 2 AM on the following day.

Edited by Shadowshire on July 9, 2017 10:37PM

Options