Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask again and hope for an answer.
    Does anyone know where "I count the Nights" is?

I'd love to help you but you should provide some more info. There are 3K+ books in eidetic memory, and our own personal memory isn't computer memory.
    I remember vaguely that "I count the night" was one of the books I struggled with, and finally found, but which one ? Where is it shown by the addon, where was it supposed to be, what quest story does it seem to be related to ? Help us helping you :-)

Options
  • Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    Why you can't fix all these bugs??????????? Damn Eso team fix that!!!!
    Options
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    Hi @Ayantir ,

When abouts can we expect the Lorebook add-on to be updated? :smiley:
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    @Epona222 , @Shadowshire

If you want to see eidetic pins before doing mage guild quest line, you can unlock eidetic memory in lorebooks options, then check eidetic filter in map options. it will show eidetic memory pins.

Yes, I do use that. That is not what I am referring to however. I am talking about my main who has done Mages Guild quest and unlocked Eidetic memory years ago. But there must have been a period when it was bugged (the game/eidetic memory, NOT the addon), and quest books that I must have read in doing quests (the books at Labyrinth in Greenshade for example) that did NOT get marked off on Eidetic Memory on my character - I'd unlocked Eidetic Memory LONG before doing that quest.

I'm talking about a game bug, NOT anything to do with the addon. Although the addon helps me massively in pointing out examples of where this has happened (or should I say not happened as it should have done).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    @Epona222 ,

I believe when the game first game out in 2014 that the Eidetic Memory was bugged for about 1-1.5 years if I remember correctly. I have a lot of the same books you're probably missing that haven't been fixed as of yet, that were more than likely something that you had to read during a quest and it never gave credit for it.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rainchii wrote: »
    @Epona222 ,

I believe when the game first game out in 2014 that the Eidetic Memory was bugged for about 1-1.5 years if I remember correctly. I have a lot of the same books you're probably missing that haven't been fixed as of yet, that were more than likely something that you had to read during a quest and it never gave credit for it.

Yep, that's the bug I'm talking about. Zeni *are* gradually adding those books back into the game so that they can be read a second time (for example the "note in a bag of silk" that I mentioned earlier has been placed on the table in the Inn since I posted about it, and I've been able to get it checked off my list of missing ones :D I suspect it's going to take a while before all of the ones that I missed due to the bug being put in static locations in the game though, so that they can be read again.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ayantir
    Ayantir wrote: »
    @Epona222 , @Shadowshire

If you want to see eidetic pins before doing mage guild quest line, you can unlock eidetic memory in lorebooks options, then check eidetic filter in map options. it will show eidetic memory pins.
    I don't recall that was a Lorebooks add-on option at the time that either of my two mains were doing the Mages Guild quest. After I began playing a couple of alts about four months ago, I noticed that Lorebooks option recently, and thought it a bit odd. I don't need to use it now, though, because I made completing the Mages Guild quest as soon as possible a priority for the alts, and enabled the Eidetic filter pin for each character, respectively.

The problem that I've been seeing recently is that lorebook pins are shown Fyrakin's MiniMap which are not on the Main Map (i.e., the Map UI of the base game software). In my experience, there is no lorebook at a pinned location shown on the Mini Map unless there is also a pin at the same location on the Main Map. I don't know whether this erroneous display originates with Fyrakin's MiniMap or with the Lorebooks add-on instead, or perhaps as an interaction of the two add-ons.

Currently, I have disenabled Fyrakin's MiniMap because it is seriously outdated for Morrowind, and I haven't found an update on ESOUI for it so far. I'm running Votan's Minimap instead. It is supposed to simply be a copy of an area of the Main Map, without any additions or changes. It also is very "lightweight" with respect to system performance, and I have found it beneficial especially while my character is a member of a "large group".

Curiously, I have never seen any Lorebook pins on Votan's Minimap, whether there should be pins since the "unknown" lorebook filters are enabled for the Main Map. Absence of the pins implies that the Main Map filter options are produced by add-ons and are not a feature of the native Main Map UI. Or their absence could be a flaw in Votan's Minimap, since many lorebook pins are shown on the Main Map but not by Votan's Minimap.

UPDATE: Votan's Minimap 1.1.7 is now showing the Mages Guild and Eidetic filter pins for Lorebooks.

Be that as it is and will be, thank-you for your indispensable Lorebooks add-on!

Edited by Shadowshire on June 1, 2017 12:44AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone.

I don't know if this issue has been reported. My problem is I don't able to reach 3 notes in Torinaan, Auridon. After complete the delve, the spot where these notes must appear is bright, like if the notes are there, but hiden between the ground. So I can not reach the notes.

The notes are:

- The Gifts of Magnus.
    - The Fires of Truth.
    - Letter to an Aldarch.

f26gmdt5o3la.png
    Options
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    those books are known as being buggy since years.

to get them, you need a friend (just group the first guy who is nearby) and go into the locked dungeon at north east, there is another spot of those books inside the dungeon.

if you already did the quest you cannot enter, but if you are grouped with someone doing the quest, you can, and then read books inside the dungeon.

the location of the small dungeon is pinned on map with lorebooks.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
    Options
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

Thank you for your response. I'll do what you say. I hope staff from ZOS read this thread and fix this issue.
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vvardenfell_Vvolumes

I have 2 books missing at this point -

*Seythen's Journal - haven't been able to find the location
    *Firuth's Writ and Writ of Endorsement - what's up with these, seeing they really are about the same topic? You loot Firuth's Writ during the quest, but you get credit for Writ of Endorsement in Eidetic Memory? o-O

Hm, and then the availability of some books post-quest is another issue, but I don't have a good list for that yet. "Teas and Tisanes" seems to be one of these books, only available during the related quest.
    Edited by Tib on June 3, 2017 2:41PM
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Pact Pamphlet: Congratulations!, I cant find it on the Location Point.
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently missing the following books from Morrowind:
    • Seythen's Journal
    • Firuth's Writ: Looks like a duplicate of the Writ of Endorsement.
    • Chodala's Writings: Received during quest, seemingly no location afterwards.
    • Magister's Writ: Same as above, but I was not able to read it from my inventory either.

Has anyone been able to find out whether any previously broken books have been fixed this patch?
    Edited by thawks on May 31, 2017 4:45PM
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have post-quest locations for the three incarnate scrolls and pretty much all of the Sadrith Mora questline books? I looked around and can't find some of them, like Master O-whatever's journal (the one you steal), Ode to E-whatever (the one you... steal) and a couple of others. :/

Also missing something like Miner's Warning, near the Shulk Ore Mine. Looked in and around the place, and the nearby ebony mine for good measure, and got nothin'.

Sorry, I would check for the actual titles of these things, but I don't have the game to compare atm. >_<
    Options
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find out whether any previously broken books have been fixed this patch?
    Vosh Rakh Orders can now be found in Paragon's Remembrance, when you enter go directly left and it's on the stone table.
    It does not glow.

Have looked for, but have not found others yet.

Also missing something like Miner's Warning, near the Shulk Ore Mine. Looked in and around the place, and the nearby ebony mine for good measure, and got nothin'.
    Enter the little mine that has no icon on the map, on the location of the lorebook. Follow the mine to the right (water and broken bridge). If you go through the water to the end of this room, there should be a skeleton with the note Miner's Warning next to it.
    Options
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

I was able to get these notes thanks to a friend doing the quest.

Now we are stuck with another book: Orders to Halskar in Fort Morvunskar, Eastmarch. It is inside the fort and can be caught if you have the quest associated, but if you are accompanied by a friend, he can not enter the fort.

I do not know if there will be any way to enter or some alternative.

Thank you.
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uzzgrock wrote: »
    Enter the little mine that has no icon on the map, on the location of the lorebook. Follow the mine to the right (water and broken bridge). If you go through the water to the end of this room, there should be a skeleton with the note Miner's Warning next to it.

Thanks man! It didn't show up when I entered the dungeon on the map but sure enough it was there.

Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently missing the following books from Morrowind:
    • Seythen's Journal
    • Firuth's Writ: Looks like a duplicate of the Writ of Endorsement.
    • Chodala's Writings: Received during quest, seemingly no location afterwards.
    • Magister's Writ: Same as above, but I was not able to read it from my inventory either.

Were you able to read Chodala's Writings during the quest?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I checked on another character: CHodala's Writings doesn't even show up in your inventory when she hands it to you. Magister's Writ is in your inventory but is not readable. all the sadness....
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.

Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭

*Firuth's Writ and Writ of Endorsement - what's up with these, seeing they really are about the same topic? You loot Firuth's Writ during the quest (its the one you get credit for in Eidetic Memory). But Writ of Endorsement? o-O

Hm, and then the availability of some books post-quest is another issue, but I don't have a good list for that yet. "Teas and Tisanes" seems to be one of these books, only available during the related quest.

@nurrtibub16_ESO were you able to read Chodala's Writings and Magister's Writ? Those seem to be missing as well from others

Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we are stuck with another book: Orders to Halskar in Fort Morvunskar, Eastmarch. It is inside the fort and can be caught if you have the quest associated, but if you are accompanied by a friend, he can not enter the fort. ....
    If I recall correctly, then the only way to enter the fort is to have a Giant drop-kick your character over the wall. :smiley: Which means that the character must have the "Giant Friend" quest. If the character has already done that quest without reading the lorebook, then there is no way to do that again.

For what it may be worth, I read somewhere that ZOS planned to make copies of books which are available during a quest available afterward to any character who completed the quest. For example, to make "Orders to Halskar" available, simply allowing the character to re-enter the fort through a gate would suffice. If memory serves, a character who has completed "Giant Friend" cannot do that at this time, but I haven't tested it recently.

Which is to say, as of this day, I don't know of any specific books available during a quest which ZOS has made available to a character after the quest has been completed.

Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask again and hope for an answer.
    Does anyone know where "I count the Nights" is?

I'd love to help you but you should provide some more info. There are 3K+ books in eidetic memory, and our own personal memory isn't computer memory.
    I remember vaguely that "I count the night" was one of the books I struggled with, and finally found, but which one ? Where is it shown by the addon, where was it supposed to be, what quest story does it seem to be related to ? Help us helping you :-)

That's just it! Everywhere I look online there is no info regarding it's whereabouts. All I know is it's from the hearts and flowers category and that this is supposed to be it's contents:

"Dearest Therrun,
    I pray that you live well on your journey and I count the nights until your return. I long for your touch even now. When you are on the open seas and look to the moon, know that it is the same moon that I too look upon. May that bring you comfort in the storms. Until your return, Therrun, I seal this letter with a kiss.
    Yours Truly,
    Hevra"

Everywhere I look says that it's location is unknown.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I Count the Nights: Blackheart Haven, coordinates 0.59, 0.54.

Copy and post /script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, 0.59, 0.54) in the in-game chat and it'll place a marker on your in-game map where it can be found.
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭

*Firuth's Writ and Writ of Endorsement - what's up with these, seeing they really are about the same topic? You loot Firuth's Writ during the quest (its the one you get credit for in Eidetic Memory). But Writ of Endorsement? o-O

@nurrtibub16_ESO were you able to read Chodala's Writings and Magister's Writ? Those seem to be missing as well from others

@gkmichelb14a_ESO Hmm..Chodala's Writings, yes. But Magister's Writ, no. So it seems there are 3 books not accessible at all, and then a couple others that might not have a location after completing quests.
    *Firuth's Writ
    *Magister's Writ
    *Seythen's Journal
    Edited by Tib on June 3, 2017 2:40PM
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @nurrtibub16_ESO Oh! Do you remember where you read chodala's writing? It didnt appear in my inventory during the quest--I think it's when his sister tells you about him she hands you something

Options
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    @Mix The Lorebooks found in Phaer Catacombs have been MOVED. They no longer appear in front of the door after finishing the quest - all three letters now appear inside the infirmary building on stretchers.

Letter from Lenwe
    Letter from Camarino
    Letter from Minique
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
    Options
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    This Vvardenfell books I cant find:

Letters and Missives:
    Invitation to Morrowind

Vvardenfell Vvolumes:
    A Guide to Dwemer Mega-Structures
    Firuth's Writ
    Magister's Writ
    Pact Pamphlet: Congratulations! I have found them, in the Gouvenors House Downstairs.
    Seythen's Journal
    Teas and Tisanes for Aches and Pains
    Edited by Holger30 on June 4, 2017 9:16PM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @thawks
    I Count the Nights: Blackheart Haven, coordinates 0.59, 0.54.

Copy and post /script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, 0.59, 0.54) in the in-game chat and it'll place a marker on your in-game map where it can be found.
    Do you need to have the Bangkorai zone -- IIRC that is where Blackheart Haven is located -- displayed on the Map at the time that you run the script?

Options
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ayantir,

Heart of Lorkhan - Sanctuary of Nchuleftingth

buch14udoy7ax31.jpg

buch2mvuqlb41cj.jpg
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need to have the Bangkorai zone -- IIRC that is where Blackheart Haven is located -- displayed on the Map at the time that you run the script?

You need to be inside Blackheart Haven and have its map displayed, yeah. I forgot to mention that.

Options