The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

They made another live action ESO commercial

• Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    davidtxr wrote: »
    Lol made me laugh are there any more ?

There's the original @davidtxr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYQLhqooh0E

And for comparison... Here is Skyrim's live action trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQtTD5K52xI

Cheers @Gidorick
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link lead me to a video of a mature brunette with bleached & burned hair and 2 tons makeup roleplaying a teenage gamergirl O.o

I can haz a cookie?
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by magnusthorek on March 24, 2016 11:15AM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was money well spent...
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to think Eastern MMO's have better commercials.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyHIvDP6pa8

Quick and to the point. No filler live action segments that detract from the game itself.

Unfortunately, the US/EU version is....well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEw8qAoNT8
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I tend to think Eastern MMO's have better commercials.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyHIvDP6pa8

Quick and to the point. No filler live action segments that detract from the game itself.

Unfortunately, the US/EU version is....well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEw8qAoNT8

Sad...mispronounced 'Eorzea', and even managed to screw up plot points, lol.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Adam Sandler clip was golden :mrgreen:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    Sophie Monk AAA Australian Actor....topkek

She kinda looks like an Aussie version of Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson from Black Eye Peas

But not as hot.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I quite like these clips.

Not sure why, or what it says about me...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The video was boring, not much to say about it. If i watched it, I would have no interest in buying the game.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty cute, right down to the exaggerated LARP acting. As a commercial, it does what it needs to do. It shows in-game action, gets the point of Thieves Guild across, and does it by presenting the game using actors pretending to be in the game.

While I am sure this is missed by most, what we are watching in this video is Elder Scrolls lore in action. Events in the game presented from the perspective of people in the game. Yeah, it is done in a light manner, but the whole thing reminds me of something one of the NPCs in the game might do, if the technology was available.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When she spit out "Provence" was when I laughed.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    They should took a lesson from these guys.

Check out this commercial. I don't even know what game this is, but I'll play it if Kate Upton is asking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskC7JRL9M

Also, Kate Upton as Queen Ayrenn? Yes, please. I'd switch factions for her all day, every day <3

You would last one minute in AD and then go take a nap.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So from all those videos - what are the slogans? - I remember just one "escape reality, live the fantasy" - that was in the 2nd final fantasy video - this can be remembered and it might be teasing enough, because that is what a lot want and expect from a game, to escape reality for a little while - all other videos are just not working IMO.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I laughed, but god damn was that cringy as hell.

I think they intentionally made it that way though.

Also, it says written and produced by Bethesda, so ZOS probably had little to do with it... explains the skyrim armor.
    Edited by Vrienda on March 24, 2016 4:27PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Would have been more accurate if recorded with 5fps when she decides to slice her partners hand off.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This video was uploaded straight from hell.
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Would have been more accurate if recorded with 5fps when she decides to slice her partners hand off.

Cheers @FENGRUSH
    Car crash advert but for some reason and just can't stop watching
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda named the video "escape to Tamriel" - but that is not in the video - it would be the selling point - the benefit for people, something to bind emotions to - they just missed out on it - described content, what is wrong in an ad - you have to sell benefits of the product, not the product itself.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasting money on this while cyrodiil is a huge mees. Glad i cancelled my sub
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A goofy low budget commercial. So what? Besides, it is Australian, and you have to speak to the level of your audience ;) I can only imagine an NA live commercial :worried::open_mouth:

But here's a sneak peak of an upcoming animated commercial for late 2016/early 2017 to further the new main story hinted at when you finish Orsinium...
    Or at least the script/storyboard *I* would create for a promo of the upcoming multi-DLC spanning War of the Gods storyline...

Total darkness is broken by a flash, which reveals the image of The Hero, standing in a brightly lit portal. The image shifts from tall thin robed Breton to short Bosmer with a bow to a heavy armor clad Argonian to a dozen other shapes. The shifting form stretches, looks about, and slowly walks forward and is consumed by the darkness. [Goes with dialogue below]

Hero voiceover: Who are they? What is this vision you show me?
    Azura voiceover: They fought alongside the Prophet and his companions to thwart the will of Molag Bal.
    Hero voiceover: But I--
    Azura voiceover: --cannot see as we do.

An animated battle scene shows The Hero fighting the Worm Cult in Tamriel and the forces of Molag Bal in Coldharbour. Unlike the last scene, one Hero is shown at a time, though the cuts in the action continue to switch from one Hero to another, even within the same fight.

Meridia voiceover: The Soul Burst ruptured the fabric of time, creating thousands of moments, any one of which Molag Bal could seize and forge into the future. In each of those moments a champion arose to defeat him.
    Hero voiceover: Different moments?
    Merdia voiceover: Yes. Each with the potential to solidify into the future all of Tamriel must face. Each mortal chosen sees the world as if they were the only one, and the world treats them as such, yet many of those you call ally, or foe, or have yet to meet, see the world the same way. You have all proven yourself, and those that survived are being called upon once more.
    Hero voiceover: Why?

Images of warped and strange impossible landscapes and bizarre creatures from various planes of Oblivion. A shot of Coldharbour. A vista of Tamriel with bizzare dark crimson clouds forming and thickening overhead. A group of Heroes gathering one by one and assessing each other cautiously while keeping an eye on the menacing clouds above.

Azura voiceover: Because there are other threats to Nirn. There are those who see Molag Bal's defeat as an opening; who see the rise of mortal champions who can defeat a Daedric Prince as an opportunity. You must learn to see as we see, if you are to work together to stop the danger that approaches your world.
    Hero voiceover: What's coming?

The previous image continues, but now the dark clouds swoop down and rush in over the assembled heroes and fill the screen, which fades to black.

Molag Bal voiceover: Your doom.
    Edited by tinythinker on March 24, 2016 5:41PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used Google to look the actress up. As I was typing the name, Google autocompleted it to Sophie Moone.

Warning- NOT THE SAME ACTRESS!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • FunkyMunkayya
    Meh dont think it ls that terrible, maybe a little on the corny side but i think i does do a fairly adequete job at appealing to a larger demographic. Actually i prefer it to the game commercials that show nothing but actual game footage with some voice actor hyping it up.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used Google to look the actress up. As I was typing the name, Google autocompleted it to Sophie Moone.

Even if I type "Sophie Moone" the Google autocomplete wants to change it to "sophie moonen european commission". What exactly are you routinely looking for on Google? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That commercial us such garbage. Is that supposed to make people want to play ESO?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if I type "Sophie Moone" the Google autocomplete wants to change it to "sophie moonen european commission". What exactly are you routinely looking for on Google? :smile:

Google reported today a spike in searches for the p-o-r-n star Sophie Moone...
    Edited by tinythinker on March 24, 2016 5:31PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did she say ***? You can't say ***! Where were the mods when you need them? She needs to *** watch her language.

o:)
    signing off
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like very much this ESO commercial, it's so simple, clear and cheery. Definitely an opposition to a garbage.

In my opinion ESO is for people with deep level of imagination, who don't need commercials with astounding graphical bells and whistles like in those Asian rubbish vids. If someone don't like The Elder Scrolls lore, won't buy the game after any commercial, no matter the costs. Others will buy because they love it :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'll take "Things You Randomly Search For On The Internet While At Work", Alex"
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yiiiiiisssssssssh

point being, it might have worked if the actress is indeed super reknown (like plug in Kate Beckinsale/Kate Upton in there and everyone would have 'got it')

But if you don't (like most I'm guessing) - then the 'campyness' is missed and it just looks bad. Because I have no clue who she is, it just looks like bad acting for something that clearly does have some kind of budget , and it's unclear if it's supposed to be serious or not, again because I can't tell if the actress is purposefuly bad, or if she's just terrible..... (and it is a bit on par with that type of acting some people know of)