Do you think there should be an AoE cap?

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    kill aoe spamballs... just suppress aoe or decrease it's power enough to make them unefficient.
    wether they are 5 or 50 brainless spammers does not change anything.

Before anyone believes this person is for helping smallscale / soloist players, think again. I guaranteee you this is not even half of his group, he usually runs with 30-40+ people for one raid.

brainless spammers eh ? :trollface:

Prootch_1.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/f3j3nuosz/Prootch_1.jpg

Name and shame I know, but this guy is such a hypocrite xD
    Edited by Master_Kas on November 28, 2015 9:13PM
    EU | PC
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    kill aoe spamballs... just suppress aoe or decrease it's power enough to make them unefficient.

Before anyone believes this person is for helping smallscale / soloist players, think again. I guaranteee you this is not even half of his group, he usually runs with 30-40+ people for one raid.

Prootch_1.jpg

It all makes sense now.
    Zergling defending his right to zerg in the safety of his numbers lol!
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on November 28, 2015 9:15PM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Prootch_1.jpg

It all makes sense now.

Well, to be fair, i think zerging the way he does creates less lag than stacking on crown, and it's more fun to fight that type of group.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Etaniel wrote: »

Prootch_1.jpg

It all makes sense now.

Well, to be fair, i think zerging the way he does creates less lag than stacking on crown, and it's more fun to fight that type of group.
    Everybody that's honest knows that the most lag comes from highly organized AoE spam groups. This not a jab at those groups in general, but more a jab at all the people claiming 'zergs' cause the most lag.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 29, 2015 9:46AM
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I just noticed a ZOS dev voted yes to aoe caps...
    Options
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Xiphyla wrote: »

Removing aoes entirely would make people stack up even more than they do today..... Stack 24 people together so that no one is targetable in the group, gg. Wouldn't be able to kill anyone anymore.

The 50 brainless aoe spammers will get anihilated waaaay faster without aoe caps. This will directly affect performance, not because of calculations or whatever, simply because groups will die faster so they will lag the server for shorter periods of time.

Great mind thinks alike. Sadly some people are just pure funny regarding removing aoe caps.

Theres are players saying to keep the AoE Cap and just reduce the AoE damage... LOL

Hope it will change someday :open_mouth: regarding total removal of aoe cap.
    Edited by Xiphyla on November 29, 2015 5:31PM
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

Options
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Bueller.... Bueller.... @Wrobel
    Like a Boss!
    Options
  • StoneSlayer
    StoneSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    No

Worst possible outcome, even worse than it is now. Complete removal of AOE caps might save the game. What you suggested would make it so much worse.
    Edited by StoneSlayer on December 4, 2015 9:27AM
    Dragonknight Master Race!

Total CP: ~1380
    StoneSlayer | Stamina Dragonknight | Orc | AD | Rank: 50
    Dankest Dk | Magicka Dragonknight | Dark-Elf | AD | Rank: ~25
    Legendary Geologist | Stamina Sorcerer | Orc | AD | Rank: ~25
    Legendary Stone | Magicka Sorcerer | High-Elf | AD | Rank: ~15
    Legendary Mineralogist | Magicka Necromancer | Breton | AD | Rank: ~10
    Lotus Fun | Magicka Nightblader | High-Elf | AD | Rank: ~15
    Options
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Prootch_1.jpg

MUST NOT SPAM AOE!!!!! Must run single target 50 man raid.
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    bustedtees.574aa52d-f1dc-40ed-a51f-0d8980a0.gif
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The sad thing is that many ppl who voted no dont play anymore :'(
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It is interesting reading the first few pages.

Many people predicted that zergs would become the way to play because there would no longer be a way to break them.

Isn't that amazing.

@zos I think we can all agree now that it is time to remove it. Not alter it or change skills.

Remove the cap.

Don't be scared of 2-3 people wiping a noobraid. That should be accepted and permitted. Don't try to protect people from their own incompetence. They will learn and enjoy the game more if you expect more of them.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    #removethecap

Kitesquad Vol. 1

Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Prootch_1.jpg

It all makes sense now.

Everybody that's honest knows that the most lag comes from highly organized AoE spam groups. This not a jab at those groups in general, but more a jab at all the people claiming 'zergs' cause the most lag.

yes and no. large zerg groups do cause lag mostly on account of ZOS moving "character movement" server side rather than application side due to speed hacks. that's something ZOS is also gonna have to revisit, they need a better solution for that issue without harming performance.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 24, 2015 7:40AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    THIS THREAD IS NOW A POSTMORTEM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPJ3heqYjY
    :'(
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This many people actually used the forums, A ZENIMAX EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATED!!! These forums have gone downhill since then...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_MattFiror

Have you taken a look at the outcome of this poll? Care to explain yourselves?

@Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_MattFiror

'Chaos
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_MattFiror

Have you taken a look at the outcome of this poll? Care to explain yourselves?

@Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_MattFiror

Until they do explain, the default explanation is that they simply do not care about what a majority of their players want. Not even enough to actually explain the REAL reason why AOE caps are in place.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I am still amazed that they haven't bothered responding here since.. ever.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Funny that a ZoS employee thinks there should be AoE caps, it shows at least that they don't play their own game.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JaJaLuka wrote: »
    Funny that a ZoS employee thinks there should be AoE caps, it shows at least that they don't play their own game.

Maybe it was the dev that originally implemented the AOE cap and doesn't want to see their baby put out to pasture ;)
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Maybe it was the dev that originally implemented the AOE cap and doesn't want to see their baby put out to pasture ;)

Hahaha, could very well be true.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Everytime i see this thread pop up and i see the little ZOS emblem in the yes it hurts me
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I wanna say I am half and half on this idea.

No: It would help out some AoE skills/spells alot such as DKs cinder storm or Bow skill arrow barrage.

Yes: Reason why I also think it should stay is cause of players like FENGRUSH who will no doubt abuse the mechanic and do spin to win with steel tornado with him and his cult causing more problems with PvP/AvA.
    Options
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @zos @ZOS_MollyH

87% of the population on here do not want an aoe cap out of 4000+ people and none of you have anything to say about that?
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wanna say I am half and half on this idea.

No: It would help out some AoE skills/spells alot such as DKs cinder storm or Bow skill arrow barrage.

Yes: Reason why I also think it should stay is cause of players like FENGRUSH who will no doubt abuse the mechanic and do spin to win with steel tornado with him and his cult causing more problems with PvP/AvA.

I see you voted no, but I don't understand the half-yes.

"Abuse" is a term way too casually thrown around on these forums. Playing well or skillfully or how the devs intended is now "abusing" mechanics. It's a joke. Let's try to use the word abuse in a context most will agree on: like those people who rerolled and are now walking around with 8 mundas stones

K, you don't want to see FENGRUSH "abuse" the very skill ZoS designed and intended to use against multiple enemies. Bad FENGRUSH. Do us all a favor and use twin slashes on the 30 opponents zerging you down. WE don't want you to have a bad reputation for "abusing" game mechanics.

What about all those ball-groups stacking on crown taking advantage of AoE caps? Is that not also "abuse"? Why is their abuse preferable to FENGRUSH potentially spamming steel tornado?

Given the choice of which "abuse" to get stuck with, I'd much prefer the steel tornado spammers because at least then the stupid stack on crown meta will die and I might get an average ping rate lower than 500.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 3, 2016 4:38AM
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What are the chances for something like in the pts notes:

Cyrodil
    Removal of AoE caps

Kitesquad Vol. 1

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Iyas wrote: »
    What are the chances for something like in the pts notes:

Cyrodil
    Removal of AoE caps

All we know is - AOE caps are gonna stay.
    They want to have a look how the other changes impact pvp behavior as they feel with the healthy state pvp is in they have enough time for a policy of small changes with 8 to 12 week time windows between them.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

Prootch_1.jpg

It all makes sense now.

D7xkGKIsJFU0o.gif
    Options
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

ofc they do... :D Didn't you see when they were playing IC when it was coming out, they were streaming? :D there were like 6 of them and even a 1.7 naked magicka DK would have killed them... :D

Options
This discussion has been closed.