Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Greetings ESO Forum Posters

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed that so far of the 180 posts in this thread almost all of them have been constructive. Keep it up guys, this is the way to make your opinions heard. Don't follow the example of the 3 or 4 petulant non-productive posts that are in this thread - follow the example that the vast majority of posters here are setting. This thread is making me proud of the community.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is supposed to be about class skill, but Wrecking blow needs to be adjusted. If the player casting it has cc immunity you can not stop them from casting the skill. You can dodge roll, but the game now punishes players for using dodge roll repeatedly. So essentially players get locked in a loose-loose situation. Dodge roll and drain your stamina repeatedly or take the hit and be forced to cc break and loose even more stamina. This skill is absolutely broken. It does a bunch of damage, buffs your next attack, and is a powerful cc that can not be interrupted.

Edit: BItting Jabs currently does not receive the 140% single target damage bonus on shields. This is a huge problem, and needs to be fixed. Essentially makes a templar's primary single target dps skill useless against shield users.
    Edited by manny254 on November 17, 2015 8:13PM
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I know this is supposed to be about class skill, but Wrecking blow needs to be adjusted. If the player casting it has cc immunity you can not stop them from casting the skill. You can dodge roll, but the game now punishes players for using dodge roll repeatedly. So essentially players get locked in a loose-loose situation. Dodge roll and drain your stamina repeatedly or take the hit and be forced to cc break and loose even more stamina. This skill is absolutely broken. It does a bunch of damage, buffs your next attack, and is a powerful cc that can not be interrupted.

Or you could just walk through him and cancel it that way...
    Edited by Isbilen on November 17, 2015 8:19PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »

That works with most of the people that use WB, but not the good ones. The good ones will back strafe your advance, or have caltrops on the ground or a snare on your legs. This effectively dries up any of the risk, in a risk reward nuke. You can't out distance it either because the distance check happens on activation and doesn't care how far away you are after the WB starts.
    Edited by Armitas on November 17, 2015 8:25PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

I know you asked for 3 abilities but it would just be faster to say ALL healing abilities for all roles but templar need to be looked over that do not involve just the restoration staff. This includes Night blade,Sorcerer and Dragon Knight. They do not compete with Templar at all currently and not to seem selfish but as a long time healer ( Heading towards 20 years here now) The lack of choice for me as a player is an astoundingly low number of 1. That being Templar. Yes the other classes have heals and you CAN heal with a restoration staff. But they currently either have very huge issues or cannot complete some content in a correct fashion.

While being a healer for 17+ Years ive learned a lot of short cuts etc for hard situations like players who stand in circles and other such things ( pretty much when it hits the fan) Having to use said shortcuts 24/7 on the other healer classes vs a Templar just feels like a chore.

I am eager to see any changes made in the healer field. A Nightblade,Dragon Knight or Sorcerer Healer seems interesting enough in their own right they just need to be made more viable.

Its a long road ahead for all of us so were happy to have someone carry some of this junk with us lol.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, one for every class I play:

Sorcerer: Remove the cooldown from Surge Heal. Let it heal on DoTs again. If it would be too powerful, either cap the maximum heal per second (add up all heals less than one second ago) or let AoE effects only heal if the target was among those 6 enemies who took 100% of the damage.
    This will make the heal more reliable again, especially for someone using Force Shock and DoTs, including Flurry. It will not make builds that rely less on shields viable on it's own though, because stacking health would be needed but it currently not worth it due to the reduced modifier.

Dragonknight: There are a lot of things I'd like to see changed, but the most easiest and obvious would probably be Dragonblood. This should not be effected by the battle spirit buff, unless the health modifier is increased back to 1.5 again. With the old modifier, Igneous Shield, Dragonblood and Battle Roar would all receive a buff, but currently Dragonblood is being outperformed by Blessing of Restoration, wich is most of all a group heal.

Nightblade: Let the resource return on Siphoning Attacks scale with maximum attributes again. It should restore the attribute you need, thus invest into. There is no customization, especially for a tank it's awful.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »

If there is one person sure. But if you get ganged up by multiple people using WB, you basically turn into a pinball bouncing around enemies lol.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Devotion
    Devotion
    ✭✭
    It's kind of funny that as a magicka templar the first thing im going to comment on is magicka sorcs.

1) Magicka sorcs are currently way too strong. between high shields and high burst and mobility they are kings of pvp. I propose changes to the shields. either nerf the base amount of hardened ward or make it so you cant spam shields and one shield has to end before another can be cast

2) Magicka Templar's the Toppling charge is often bugged and needs looking at, Sun shield is almost useless now, the duration of 6 seconds and the amount it shields make it useless in both pvp and pve. We also lack magicka mobility, a speed buff would go a long way. Fix jabs issues with shields and the 140% extra dmg not working on them

Options
  • td11db14_ESO
    Change Luminous Shards to immobilize all enemies in the aoe instead of the magic restore. If Templars are going to be the support class, they should at least have the ability to both stun and immobilize.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add counters NOT nerfs. We have had our fair share of nerfs. Often abilities that appear overpowered are just so because there is not direct counter or people have too much stat regen.

1. Change Guard to a ranged dispel (offensive purge) that removes damage shields, and other defensive buffs (like reflective scale).

Then unnerf shields, unnerf reflective scale, unnerf blazing shield. (the other suggestion of treating shields like extra health that is crittable and bleedable is a good idea)

2. Make roots actually stop bolt escape and teleports. Bolt escape has enough counters but this will give it one more.

Then unnerf streak, completely.

3. Get regen/resource management back under control so that people don't have infinite resources. AKA fix the champion system.

The champion system is slowly unbalancing the game and is the reason for all of the nerfs. Click the link for a great thread explaining the problem from @DeanTheCat You have to make a top level design choice Eric.

You can either control the use (and abuse) of skills by nerfing individual skills, adding usage penalties (like streak), etc. Or you can strike the root of the problem and nerf the amount of regen, cost reduction, and other things you can get without even sacrificing anything.

At least with armor and set bonuses, you have to sacrifice. The champion system lets you get bonuses worth 5x what you can get from 5pc armor bonuses with NO drawbacks. This is the root of the problem. This game is about tradeoffs. If you have to nerf anything nerf the champion system. or at least disable it in PvP.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on November 17, 2015 11:36PM
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 requests?

stop

nerfing

templars
    Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Please give Lotus fan the stun that both The unmorphed version (teleport strike) and stam morph (ambush) have.
    2. Igneous Shields should scale off of your max stat pool. Would make DK healers a lot more viable.
    3. Agony should have a morph that does some aoe healing or applies small damage shield to allies. Kind of like the way obsidian shard works. This might make the skill a bit more usefull.

Non class skills/skill lines could use a bit of tweaking as well. Destro staff imo could use some major passive tweaks that fall in line with other weapon passives that don't necessarily only apply to weapon attacks.
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on November 18, 2015 3:34PM
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • Aziz
    Aziz
    Soul Shriven
    How about an option for people who want small scalle pvp? The option of having a type of structure of that pvp, no one can say it would not make the game better to give the option to people who prefer it.
    Just imagine you are one player alone, running getting killed by a group of 10, spawning, repeat for an year. Gives as the option, a lot of the pvp community would enjoy it.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going through trying to limit my feedback to only 3, when I hit this post:
    Merlight wrote: »
    Glad you're here, but class ability improvements aren't going to cut it. You need to improve core combat mechanics. Remove AoE caps, bring back soft-caps on stats

^^^^Yes!

Softcaps FTW!

And for the number 3, reduce reduce reduce the amount of buff that CPs give and make the "diminishing returns" much more diminish-y

Also more weird creative CP stuff .... like chances of extra stuff in nodes.... I'll have to think about that one.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my three most desired class ability improvements for Dragon Knights:

An execute that does not require using a heavy attacks (Molten Weapons & morphs).
    A self heal that actually does heal (Dragon Blood and morphs)
    A class gap closer that actually closes the gap in a predictable manner (Fiery Grip & morhps). Personally, I'd like to see this skill replaced altogether with something that actually is a reliable gap closer.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

As shown in the diagram below, please remove the cap from all AOE abilities... then proceed to promptly place said cap back where it belongs, on character stats.
    voX5vmu.jpg
    Thank you for your time.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Stamwhip for Dk that does Physical Dmg, as well as Phys Dmg for our other Stam Morphs

2. Make "Dizzying Swing" instant and deal half the dmg of Wrecking Blow!

3.Give Inhale a Stammorph that acts like the Inhale that The Blademaster from Vdsa does and reduce the delay between inhale and exhale. also cap it back at 6 targets and lower the heal if u need to.

4. Rethink the Armor Values and their Passives. Right now everyone can tank nearly all Content in Medium Armor, cause u dont sacrifice to much armor. Also rethink the Armor Active Abilities and couple them so u have at least 5 Pieces to wear.

Thx.

To be honest the will be a lot more things u need to take a look at, not only 3 actives.
    Edited by actosh on November 18, 2015 1:09PM
    Options
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    Dragon leap/ferocious leap/take flight

Keep the ability intact but make it morph depending on used weapon, the changes would result in the following :smile:

1.Resto staff -> Heal everyone to full on impact and also increases everyone's damage done by 15% for 10 seconds.
    2.Destro staff -> Same as now but increased knock back
    3.Dual wield -> Same as now but adds a bleed on hit.
    4.Bow -> No longer jumps, instead you shoot one fire bomb dealing 75% of the original damage and 2 sec later a poison bomb doing 75% of the original damage to all enemies hit. Increased damage because it can be avoided the second time
    5.Shield -> Still jumps and interrupts enemies, grants a strong shield and reduces damage dealt by 20% for 15 seconds.
    6.Two hand -> Turns this in a charge, knocking everyone back that gets hit and silences them for 2 seconds. Still deals the original damage.

This change would make this a very fun "what to expect" kind of ability, has some great PVP uses and will give Dk's a healing ultimate.

^This sounds awesome. ZOS please change one morph to this! Would also add heal to a DK ult ;)
    For the one with Resto Staff you should make it possible to jump to group members or make it aimed like ash cloud.
    Edited by Zakor on November 18, 2015 11:23AM
    Options
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to run or move faster while sneaking.
    I don't know which class that would apply to, though.
    Nightblade perhaps? Or maybe a Thieves Guild skill.
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
      Options
    • Lava_Croft
      Lava_Croft
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Appren wrote: »
      Honestly: Fix animation cancelling before you try to add some further balances to skills in ESO. Why have cool effects, and nice animations, if you arent going to have players use them?
      It is time to make characters adhere to their animations instead of cancelling them out. The animations are ESO's cooldowns and currently they don't work properly.
      Options
    • exiledtyrant
      exiledtyrant
      ✭✭✭
      I'd like to start by saying thank you for continuing to improve upon the DOT play style and bringing stamina sorcerer passives in line with other classes. I only play sorcerer so the three skills I would want looking into are:

1. Daedric Tomb - Daedric tomb is more geared towards an offensive melee approach. It's upfront, it's instant, and it points directly at what your attacking. However is it hard to justify Daedric tomb's cost when it is hard to land more than one mine in PVE or PVP. It also lags behind daedric minefield because minefield has more damage potential and larger area denial. Daedric tomb doesn't really push itself in a direction that can compete with other AOE or single target spells available to the sorcerer. It would be nice if this skill was changed into some type of instant melee skill instead.

2. Thundering Presence - I don't like having to spam this skill to get the most out of it. It was already a pain when I had to spam critical surge. Now thundering presence has taken it's place.Going from 1.8k - 3k damage a tick for 4 seconds and then dropping down to 600 - 1k damage doesn't feel good nor does losing the speed boost almost as soon as it has been cast. The major drop off early doesn't make me want to keep the buff up for the entire duration which result in even more spamming on an already short 15 second buff.

3. Bound Armaments - All the buffs attached to this skill are great and I really like the armor skin that comes with it. The only issue I have is that I can't utilize the heavy attack bonus ever. Fully charged heavy attacks either need to be made more relevant for sorcerers or the bonus needs to be something else.
      If all are brethren
      How could my hands not tremble
      As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
      My hands are tools; it must be
      The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
      Options
    • RinaldoGandolphi
      RinaldoGandolphi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Devotion wrote: »
      It's kind of funny that as a magicka templar the first thing im going to comment on is magicka sorcs.

1) Magicka sorcs are currently way too strong. between high shields and high burst and mobility they are kings of pvp. I propose changes to the shields. either nerf the base amount of hardened ward or make it so you cant spam shields and one shield has to end before another can be cast

2) Magicka Templar's the Toppling charge is often bugged and needs looking at, Sun shield is almost useless now, the duration of 6 seconds and the amount it shields make it useless in both pvp and pve. We also lack magicka mobility, a speed buff would go a long way. Fix jabs issues with shields and the 140% extra dmg not working on them

Ahh another Nerf Sorc...i should have seen this coming...

Seems all us Sorc's are branded villains these days....

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
      Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
      Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
      Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
      RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
      Officer Fire and Ice
      Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Dear wrote: »

Nights Silence armor..... use it in IC
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
      Options
    • Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      As I know Templars need the most love I will write up 3 of this class:

Blazing Shield:
      Let it scale of magicka/stamina but reduce damage done to a lower percentage when it explodes.

Biting Jabs:
      Remove the Major savagery Buff and insert the Major Fracture buff (like NB with Surprise attack)

Radial Sweep (atm most useless, non-used Ulti in the game)
      Increase Range to 10m. Make the DoT 50% stronger. Make it physical damage

passives in general:
      Dawns Wrath has VERY weak passives compared to other classes passives.
      Restoring Light passives only count for templar skills. means Resto Abilities/Rally/vigor is not affected which is kind of disappointing, whereas other classes passives count for ALL skills in all trees.

I could set up a list of possible improvements to skills and passives of templars if you want? @Wrobel
      However, I think you are already tweaking some abilities and it would be really nice to know in what way you are heading..so some information would be much appreciated.
      Edited by Alcast on November 18, 2015 2:33PM
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dear wrote: »

i would like to have faster sneak speeds also.
      i use night silence armor and all the tricks to increased sneak including the mundus stone and also medium armor and the faster sneak from the skills in nightblade but the sneak speeds are still way way too slow.

we stamina nightblades need faster sneak speeds, plain and simple.
      Options
    • Jeckll
      Jeckll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

we stamina nightblades need faster sneak speeds, plain and simple.

Why?
      Also, Double Take.
      Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
      Options
    • Armitas
      Armitas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think another thing to consider when balancing is that it might be better to place balance points on secondary counters rather than primary counters and original skills. For example a primary counter would be the initial counter to a skill. Skill A is countered by X. A secondary counter is a counter to the counter. So Counter X (the counter used against Skill A)is countered by Y. This scenario leads to Skill A being OP because all counters to skill A can themselves be countered which ultimately leaves Skill A without a counter. What should occur is that Counter X is mitigated by Anti-counterY such that Skill A is ultimately reduced and the user of Skill A is also able to partially overcome any counters to Skill A. This leaves both parties able to manage Skill A in a beneficial way simultaneously.

Lets take stealth for an example as it has been a topic of discussion recently.
      Skill A = Stealth
      Counter X = Stealth detect, through potions, mage light etc.
      Anti Counter Y = Stealth speed, foot speed, CC-and-retreat, shadow image into stealth, and stealth detect reduction.

So skill A is countered by X, and X is countered by Y. It has been rumored that stealth will get the bolt escape treatment... If that it true I think it would be better to balance between X and Y rather than skill A. Skill A is qualitatively different for magicka and stamina builds, so a nerf to Skill A would not be an accurate nerf, however focusing on the interplay between X and Y will allow you to fine tune the scenario in a more precise manner. I personally think this would be a better and more accurate policy for adjusting power levels in cyrodiil.

Because we have gone the route of having no caps we are going to have to find precise ways of handling balance. Because when someone goes to the far end of a specific spectrum in power, like blocking for instance and we hit them with a nerf, we hit everyone along the way. It's a very inaccurate way of addressing specific problems. This is a new frontier for everyone, for the company and the players, and we need to find more elegant ways that can precisely address power balances in a capless game.
      Edited by Armitas on November 18, 2015 3:12PM
      Retired.
      Nord mDK
      Options
    • Detector
      Detector
      ✭✭✭✭
      Please add weapon ultimates with physical damage (bow, 2h, duals, 1h+s) and magic damage (staff). Now all ultimates ability in game it's magic damage and it's bad for stamina-builds...
      Edited by Detector on November 18, 2015 3:24PM
      Options
    • Castle
      Castle
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks for staying constructive, guys. These responses are awesome. :)

Gina, please see my post about this thread on the ESO subreddit. Many over there are unable to access the forums, and have been posting their ideas over there.

EDIT: @ZOS_GinaBruno

We've been reading it, as well.
      Floyd Grubb
      Senior Systems Designer - Zenimax Online Studios

No matter where you go, there you are.
      Options
      Staff Post
    • Hexys
      Hexys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1) Ball of Lightning, Morph of Bolt Escape (Sorcerer, Storm Calling)
      6.5 seconds was to long for the ball to intercept projectiles, but I think 2.5 seconds is to short, maybe make the ball last for 4.5 seconds.

This ability also changed in 1.7, before that when you teleport of a ledge you would still move forward while in the air. Since that patch you hang in the air and fall straight down. I made a quick situation image to understand it easier.

4cfbda1538.png

2) Overload and it's Morphs (Sorcerer, Storm Calling)
      The damage of the light attacks are way to high, nerfing the damage or inrease the cost will make it more balanced.

3) Wall of Elements and morphs (Weapon, Destruction Staff)
      Boost the damage of this ability, right now it is way to low.

Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
      Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
      Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
      AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
      EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
      EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
      EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
      EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
      EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
      EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
      Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
      Options