The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    501? Bad call, this is going to affect way more people than they let on, especially the people sitting at 400 or 350 right now, who will potentially hit 500 soon. Should have been 700 at minimum.

What percentage of players are at 500 or nearing 500 cp right now?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    those people complaining about the 501 CP cap.. what u want the cap to be? 3.59k?
    i have started playing back in may and on 250 CPs (with plenty of grinding) and its the half of the cap.. if u have issues and need the cap to be 700 (which is good for you and bad for me) you can quit the game for some months and come back, you'll get what u want.
    scared to meet people in pvp that have the same number of CPs as u do? dont worry, by time i reach 500CPs you'll be having 300 CPs extra than mine so dont worry too much

So much lol.

I could give you that a pve player who has a lot of cp might be much weaker on a even cp fight, but most people just want an excuse to justify why they lost a battle. God forbid anyone in this game admits another player is better than them. A player that has played enough pvp to earn that many from it has a much better understanding of the game and their character than you. Not to mention much more raw experience.
    - Mojican
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    501...anyone else think of 'Star Wars'?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    501? Bad call, this is going to affect way more people than they let on, especially the people sitting at 400 or 350 right now, who will potentially hit 500 soon. Should have been 700 at minimum.

I'm saying that there are a lot of players that are already close to 500, but I never said anything about a percentage...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Oh I feared it would be lower than that, I am actually OK with this. I believe the average number of points that players currently have is around 300 - there would be no point in a cap much higher than 500, as it wouldn't have the desired effect.

What Zenimax should do is provide the average and mean CPs across their entire playerbase. I'm not convinced 300 is correct-- it's probably closer to 200 or below.

On PC I would think the majority of players, who been playing at least since 1.6, must have around 300 in average. 501 or 601 doesn´t really matter to me. It remains to be seen how this will revive the PvP player base that is getting zergy and sparse.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm saying that there are a lot of players that are already close to 500, but I never said anything about a percentage...

Ya know what... this isn't that bad I s'pose, I'll amend my statement from earlier. If this gets everyone to chill about CP's and power gap then I'm all for it. I still say CP's should have just been removed from pvp altogether as the solution.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is a good thing for the games future because as it is it's hard for people with lives to catch up to those who play 24/7. It's not a bad start honestly.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity..where you currently at in CP levels Teargrant?
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing about this is that a cap is completely unnecessary if they just changed the curved relationship between cps and the bonus they give.

At the moment a champion ability follow a curve for the first 10 points or so and then levels out into what is practically a straight line progression for the next 90 points. Because the wast majority of what you gain comes from a straight line progression, then it has created a system where extreme grinding caused extreme difference in power.

The original purpose of the champ system where to give people the oportunity to always progress a little every day. This will be gone with the cap.

But by changing the curve itself you can prevent the extreme power gap created and keep the original sense of endless progression. Here is how you can do it:

Change the curve so that you have achieved 50% of the champ ability bonus already at 10 points, 75% at 20 and only then level out.

This simple change would fix the champion system and make caps unnecessary, and here is why: With this system a person at 60 champion points would already be at 75% of the strength of a person with 300 points, a 140 level in champion points would give 75% of the champ bonuses of 700 champion points!
    The differnce between each person would level out quickly at the first 100 to 200 points and after that inflated champ levels would not make anyone overpowered but everyone would still be free to get some level of progression every day.

ZoS is using the wrong method to fix the champion system, it was the shape of the bonus curve that created the problem. But instead of fixing that problem they are killing the sense of freedom and progress that was the purpose of the champ system.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    Soulshine wrote: »
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.

This is a nutshell is the reason why capping CPs in NOT a solution.
    Soulshine wrote: »
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.

This is a nutshell is the reason why capping CPs in NOT a solution.

You still will be able to earn champion points for future cap increments. And right now people are only speculating when they will increase the future champion point caps. They could easily increase the cap with one weekly update in the future. Eventually having the mind set of not playing anymore due to a cap will back fire on you since they will eventually raise the cap higher than your current champion points...

Rose colored glasses there.

I wish I had as much faith as you do.

501 was not the right choice (in my opinion), so no, I don't think they will make more right choices going forward either.

Well, to console players it was. I have played 8+ hours a day since console release and only have 135 champion points.
    I would hope that everyone understands the obvious need for a different cap # for console vs PC, considering the 70 CP most PC players got at the start of the CP system + the 3 additional months before console release.

The number is really low for the PC playerbase. It seems like it would be common sense to create separate caps for console and PC players. You'd probably want to keep EU/NA and XB1/PS4 at the same level so consoles could compare to each other with avg AP for emp and Maelstrom leaderboard scores and whatnot (same for EU vs NA PC).

As for PC, the cap is a bit low. It really seemed like 600 CP would have made more sense. It's less limiting than they could have been, but 600 is such a nice number and allows the player to max 2 stars from each tree or to spread them out. 600 would also still be too low to get more than one of the 120 point passives. Even 524 would allow someone to fully max one star then to get the 75 point passive in a different tree.

Now, if they add another smaller addition to this patch with a dungeon update or something midway between Orsinium and the next full DLC that also comes with a moderate bump to the cap and continue to adjust it, then whatever. However, if this does stay stagnant, it will be more than stale for many PC players fairly early into this patch.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    The cap needs to have room for growth, with the new catch up mechanic it should be easier to earn CP. They don't want everyone being capped out at the release of the expansion. When the cap won't be increased for several months after, I know from my personal experience I've gained 93 CP since the release of IC. I doubt the next expansion will be so quick after Orsinium.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Logic would seem to indicate that it is a very small number of players, but they're the ones ruining the game for everyone else.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent read past the first page but i dont understand people saying its too low. Like if your past it, great you can stop grinding and just play the game normally. If your not, you have catching up to do to reach the top players because the new arena is leaderboards so you will need every advantage you can get. 501 is a nice number and stops people being able to stack 100 in two CP passives. PvP will become more balanced and so will PvE.

If you cant find enjoyment in the game just because the cap is 501 then you probably shouldnt be playing it anymore.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol where did the 1 come from?

Richard: "I think the cap should be 500"
    Wrobel: "Sounds too low, better make it higher"
    Richard: "501"
    Wrobel: "Perfect."

(I realise why it's 501, but I have OCD and it annoys me)
    Edited by Alucardo on October 5, 2015 10:33PM
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Too low ? Sounds like a l2p issue.
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people crying about this are those with over 501, I'm at 317 and I pretty much play everyday levelling alts or PvPing and playing the game how its intended. All those who have spent hours and hours in CWC grinding with over 1k CP then rolling super twinks in non vet hahahahahahahahahaha
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't see the issue, 501 is more than enough CPs. I have always been vocal about the current system as it makes it too disheartening for new players and they are the future of the game, no business model can run by relying entirely on its client base it created at the start. It just means instead of maxing my 6 vet characters out I'll have to tailor the points to them, simples.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    i havent read past the first page but i dont understand people saying its too low. Like if your past it, great you can stop grinding and just play the game normally. If your not, you have catching up to do to reach the top players because the new arena is leaderboards so you will need every advantage you can get. 501 is a nice number and stops people being able to stack 100 in two CP passives. PvP will become more balanced and so will PvE.

If you cant find enjoyment in the game just because the cap is 501 then you probably shouldnt be playing it anymore.

Some of you guys act like you have to grind to get there. I always have and always will just play the game. The closest I come to grinding is what's built into the game (having to farm mats in IC or whatever lately or trophies). I just play with my friends. Sometimes I get a few days of enlightenment built up, sometimes I just talk on TS and we do little to nothing, or I just craft stuff people have requested and other times we have some great game sessions.

But let's not forget that you can be fair to both sides of this. People are already getting a catch up mechanic, so you will already earn what I have earned more easily, but we are also capping what I can do, and capping it a bit low IMO. I have no issues with catch up or even caps, but it's is too low. This is not something that is just catching 'grinders', but those same guys that "just play" as you say. I'm sorry I've earned faster than you, but I didn't do in some weird way that means I should be treated like crap for it now.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »

Logic would seem to indicate that it is a very small number of players, but they're the ones ruining the game for everyone else.

All our estimates are completely pointless tbh. Wanna know why?

Well, I used to spend 90% of my game time in PvP, and since the introduction of CP I haven't played at all for ~2 month total. And I am somewhere close to 350 CP. If I would've played continuously, I'd be at 500 at least, like many of the people I play with are at 400+, at least. I could very well say that it's all the roleplayers and achievement hunters that are ruining it for those who actually play the content.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

You will still be earning CP, just won't be able to allocate more than 501.
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those who have spent hours and hours in CWC grinding with over 1k CP then rolling super twinks in non vet hahahahahahahahahaha

I believe you mean this

CWHFDRy.jpg
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    i came back to this game after 90days off. and i've 400cps. 500as cap is damn low. 700-800 = honest number
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Oh wow
    That is Way lower than I thought.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Those numbers aren't surprising on the console. Though im a little suprised at how low the PC average is.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

And then there was silence in the room
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Does this take into account players that haven't logged in for weeks or months?

I know several friends sitting at sub 100 that don't play anymore after they played a bit months ago.

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Geemarc wrote: »
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Those numbers aren't surprising on the console. Though im a little suprised at how low the PC average is.

Basically half of the CP since consoles have had half of the time to earn them
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

Some of you guys act like you have to grind to get there. I always have and always will just play the game. The closest I come to grinding is what's built into the game (having to farm mats in IC or whatever lately or trophies). I just play with my friends. Sometimes I get a few days of enlightenment built up, sometimes I just talk on TS and we do little to nothing, or I just craft stuff people have requested and other times we have some great game sessions.

But let's not forget that you can be fair to both sides of this. People are already getting a catch up mechanic, so you will already earn what I have earned more easily, but we are also capping what I can do, and capping it a bit low IMO. I have no issues with catch up or even caps, but it's is too low. This is not something that is just catching 'grinders', but those same guys that "just play" as you say. I'm sorry I've earned faster than you, but I didn't do in some weird way that means I should be treated like crap for it now.

but like it was said above, you will still earn. You will still get your CP. Its not stopping your progression. Its just evening the battle field because there is a enormous difference between 360 and 760 CP. Between 450 and 850. The game is going back to skill (somewhat), and thats what is needed. Not this artificial power.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

93 on PC? In all honesty, did you include all the dead accounts and those without a VR char in this statistic? I find this hard to believe.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.