The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

• Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    I am able to log in with 3 of my characters, but my main character it does not log in at all and I get the "Unable to connect to game server". It logs in and takes me to the character select screen, but my main wont load, but at least the other 3 are. But there are also some funky things going on. On 2 of my characters I got an immediate UI Error Code, which I seen only during beta and the servers lag while not as bad before the patch, seems a little sketchy tonight as well.

This is the first time since you guys did the maintenance this morning. Seems like the maintenance did not work very good as these issues are all popping up after the maintenance. I mainly play my main, so this is another day now that I can't play the game because of issues.

I am paying for the ES0 Plus and this is the 4th of 5th day that I cannot play the game due to technical issues. While I can use my other characters today, they are normally used just to carry excess inventory from my main character that I currently cannot play. Has there been discussion on doing something for all the paying monthly members that are not able to play due to all the technical issues? I normally am not one to ask for such things when it is a rare instance, but honestly, the game seems a little broken and people are not able to play it without days of issues.
  • PDub1984
    PDub1984
    I don't even get the option top load in my character. As soon as I press play on the game startup screen I get the loading screen and then the Unable to connect message.
  • Rudeboy943
    Rudeboy943
    Soul Shriven
    Well......
  • madHatterZ
    they already answered...... They are going to do a reset of the na server tomorrow at 8 am. Other than that you can't play until tomorrow try the eu server
  • toad_123
    toad_123
    would be nice if i could even get to the character screen... why not just do maintenance now, sure some players wont be able to play for an hour, but we cant play for 8-9 hours
    Xbox NA only
    Vr14 DK
    Vr14 NB
    Vr14 sorc
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    zilfandel wrote: »
    Ok same issue here can't contact support cause your help page is ***. I am so sick of this game and the lack of support its not even funny.

Your internet just sucks, quit blaming everyone else. Lord of the Sand, have Mercy on our poor souls. I'm only saying this because so do I. But w/e.
    Edited by Gabriel_Froste on June 30, 2015 5:33AM
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • Sliptallica100
    Sliptallica100
    Soul Shriven
    Im in shadowfen and when i try to leave the prison i get kicked and says cant connect
  • toad_123
    toad_123
    zilfandel wrote: »
    Ok same issue here can't contact support cause your help page is ***. I am so sick of this game and the lack of support its not even funny.

Your internet just sucks, quit blaming everyone else. Lord of the Sand, have Mercy on our poor souls.

yes all of our internet just sucks... literally the stupidest comment ive seen on this forum in the past 2 weeks
    Xbox NA only
    Vr14 DK
    Vr14 NB
    Vr14 sorc
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    toad_123 wrote: »
    would be nice if i could even get to the character screen... why not just do maintenance now, sure some players wont be able to play for an hour, but we cant play for 8-9 hours

Bluntly, we're not a large percentage of an issue and it's during peak hours. They had similar server connectivity problems the other night and actually were going to take it offline before it corrected itself.

Taking it down now would hurt more players than help, in general.
    Xbox-NA
  • AHDefault
    AHDefault
    Soul Shriven
    Man, if I knew that the developer's hated Aldermeri Dominion so much, I would have made my solo player a different faction. Try to free the Silvenar, can't do that. Try to go to Reaper's March instead.... guess I was showing too much initiative, and they had to put me back in my place?

I've been loving this game so far, and the world looks and feels amazing, but I can't help but feel that no developers play Aldemeri. I haven't had any issues on any other Alliance. I mean, damn.
  • UnlabeledVapor
    UnlabeledVapor
    Soul Shriven
    I needed to take a break anyways. I'm glad it'll be fixed by the time I'm up.
  • TimboZero
    TimboZero
    Soul Shriven
    This issue has spread to the EU server.
    Currently in Stonefalls (Cadwells gold version) and unable to load my only character. screen just sits there 'requesting character load' forever.

I can see the plan to rest the NA servers at 8am EDT, I assume due to that being a low demand time and when staff are available.
    Perhaps we can see the same (i.e. 8am GMT) for the EU servers to get the same ?
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    I think what I am most upset about is that fact that I cant feed my horse or start another research. Time is being wasted. :(
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    So the response is wait till tomorrow? Hahah sweet
  • landotronic
    landotronic
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problems here. It's really disappointing considering I pay for plus and have a very limited window I can play. It's not my Internet. All my other games are working fine and I did a speed test and I'm pulling 45mb/s dl. Looks like I'll just have to suck it up and wait....grumbles....
  • ctt13
    ctt13
    Welp not going to exit Sanguine's Demesne am I. I get booted every time I try to leave to Shadowfen. I get "This may be an unusually long load time" and then get booted. So meta though, that the Daedra stop you from leaving in the lore and now the game is stopping me from leaving. Sad thing is, I can play fine in there though, just can't exit.

This has actually been happening to me in a lot of dungeons actually.

Just realised before posting this, don't try and fast-travel out of a situation like this, it just takes your money and boots you.
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    AHDefault wrote: »
    Man, if I knew that the developer's hated Aldermeri Dominion so much, I would have made my solo player a different faction. Try to free the Silvenar, can't do that. Try to go to Reaper's March instead.... guess I was showing too much initiative, and they had to put me back in my place?

I've been loving this game so far, and the world looks and feels amazing, but I can't help but feel that no developers play Aldemeri. I haven't had any issues on any other Alliance. I mean, damn.

It's annoying, but it's the realities of QA and patches. It isn't the lack of AD devos and beta's (cause it's impacting all areas), this is a brand new issue.
    Silvenar in Malabal Tor *which is major problem* has worked and has been completed by others during off hours (still trying myself) Updates for that particular quest, supposedly is stalled until the next major patch 2+ weeks from now because of hardcoding necessities and legal approval for an official patch.
    EDIT: link to info The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch
    Edited by cbbred on June 30, 2015 6:06AM
    Xbox-NA
  • AHDefault
    AHDefault
    Soul Shriven
    cbbred wrote: »

It's annoying, but it's the realities of QA and patches. It isn't the lack of AD devos and beta's (cause it's impacting all areas), this is a brand new issue.
    Silvenar in Malabal Tor *which is major problem* has worked and has been completed by others during off hours (still trying myself) Updates for that particular quest, supposedly is stalled until the next major patch 2+ weeks from now because of hardcoding necessities and legal approval for an official patch.

I know. It's frustrating. I can't even hope to complete it on off hours because I'm stuck with Defeat the Silvenar's Captor, which apparently is incompletable, and I can't get it to reset to Defend the Silvenar. It just kills me that it was apparently an issue on the PC and still ended up going live for Xbox. Little stuff like connection issues I can ride out, but compounding issues just kill me.
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    AHDefault wrote: »
    cbbred wrote: »

I know. It's frustrating. I can't even hope to complete it on off hours because I'm stuck with Defeat the Silvenar's Captor, which apparently is incompletable, and I can't get it to reset to Defend the Silvenar. It just kills me that it was apparently an issue on the PC and still ended up going live for Xbox. Little stuff like connection issues I can ride out, but compounding issues just kill me.

Stuck at the same point, the only idea that I haven't tried was 'Abandon' the quest, but with it seemingly being a stress and population issue I doubt that'd help.

Didn't know it was also a PC issue in the beginning, which makes it all the more bizarre that it wasnt addressed.

I guess throwing 30 people in there wasn't a stress test idea. It's pretty much a big chatroom at this point.I walked in to hearing some 80s music playing and 20 ppl dancing on the ledge leading to downstairs... so
    Edited by cbbred on June 30, 2015 6:14AM
    Xbox-NA
  • TheLemurGod
    TheLemurGod
    Soul Shriven
    I was completing a mission in Reaper's March and after i was told to go into the portal I crashed to the login screen saying I need to check my internet connection. Ever since I have not been able to load up the character I was on yet my other 3 characters load up just fine and I even made a new one. My main one however still will not load.

Character: Lord Lemur
    Level: 46
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to take this moment to thank Zenimax Online Studios for the connection issues. I've been able to get a lot of research done. I might just get my doctorate after all. Here's looking at you, kid.
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Nightcrest91
    Im unable to load my it times out before loading into stormhaven im frustrated only cus i finally got to be a werewolf and we all know the difficulties of that in this game

NA server

Daggerfall

Gt: StArLoRd91

:'(
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    I was completing a mission in Reaper's March and after i was told to go into the portal I crashed to the login screen saying I need to check my internet connection. Ever since I have not been able to load up the character I was on yet my other 3 characters load up just fine and I even made a new one. My main one however still will not load.

Character: Lord Lemur
    Level: 46
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion

Reaper's March (among others) is having the loading issues, if you're able to actually load into an area and fast travel OUT of RM, you can spawn in other areas (could possibly be true for outside the AD) however it seems if your initial spawn point is Reapers March then you'll have to wait till the reboot tomorrow.
    Edited by cbbred on June 30, 2015 7:08AM
    Xbox-NA
  • EluzaiZuriel
    EluzaiZuriel
    Soul Shriven
    rozwellite wrote: »
    I think what I am most upset about is that fact that I cant feed my horse or start another research. Time is being wasted. :(

Having the same issue on my main toon and this is what upsets me the most, even more so when i only have 1 maybe 2 days a week to even log into the game.
  • Overdark17
    Overdark17
    Soul Shriven
    I can play, I'm currently in stonefalls. But me and a few guild mates get booted only when we try to travel to Reaper's March. We can't travel there at all, and those guild mates who have toons there can't log in at all
  • CrazyMonstur
    CrazyMonstur
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem as many here. I have no internet problems but I cannot login to my game. Whenever I go to choose the NA server it disconnects and gives me the connection error message. Hopefully this fix they have planned will work. Until then I’ll just use my game time to play something else.
    Edited by CrazyMonstur on June 30, 2015 7:28AM
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to get this issue just now. Logged out to character screen to switch characters and can't get back in. Keep getting the "I need a valid internet connection" while I am still in party chat connected online.....lol
  • Undyingkatana
    Well looks like I won't be getting emperor was 5 on my campaign but I don't see that still being the case when I can't even log into the game for over 12 hours.
  • McGlock
    McGlock
    Soul Shriven
    I had terrible load times and logged off mid load. Next time I logged on I got this same problem. I think there was an update in between load-ins that caused my problem.
  • Ozzy420Shadar
    Thank you Zenimax for getting onto this issue quickly, the console players aren't used to how complex a real MMO is and that it will need tweeks especially in the early stages, gotta say i am surprised and pleased by the lack of hate on the thread! :) Keep up the great game!
    Tamriels Golden Warriors!
This discussion has been closed.