The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

• Amiculi
    Amiculi
    ✭✭✭
    Amiculi wrote: »
    Hm, an awful lot of confusion over what platform this is even affecting.

It's a shame we don't something that easily solves this like platform specific forums...

The name of the thread is "Xbox One Technical Support"

So it is. They must've merged the thread I was commenting on into this one too.
  • Cyric81
    Cyric81
    Still same issue. Unable to connect to server. Check Internet connection
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could those of you experiencing this issue try logging in now? We tweaked a few things and would like to see if it resolved the issue.

Still dropping at "Requesting character load..."
  • madHatterZ
    Didn't work for me but thanks for tryin :/ still getting the same message to "unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid Internet connection".
  • Shadowjones
    Shadowjones
    ✭✭
    Hey Jessica....I was wondering why your name looked so familiar. I'm pretty sure you were my ESO pc beta head person. Good to see you're still kickin it over at zenimax if I'm correct here ^_^

Also, the issue is still there.
    Edited by Shadowjones on June 30, 2015 3:19AM
  • cmajher
    cmajher
    Could those of you experiencing this issue try logging in now? We tweaked a few things and would like to see if it resolved the issue.

Tried again and still got kicked with the "unable to connect to game server" message
  • ozworth
    ozworth
    Same here. Can see my char selection screen, then errors on loading char. 8:15 PAC time
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the quick replies, everyone. We're continuing to work on the issue.

(And hey, @Shadowjones. :))
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Baphometrising
    Baphometrising
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry no dice still not logging on.
  • Frasier812
    Frasier812
    Soul Shriven
    Unable to connect to game server.please make sure you have a valid internet connection
  • ozworth
    ozworth
    Yep can login now 8:22 PAC time
  • ganner77
    ganner77
    Soul Shriven
    Only my AD toon not working. Others log in just fine
  • wcrall
    wcrall
    Still not working on the xbox one NA server..still getting booted back to the home screen, with the same error message..
  • Tator
    Tator
    I'm having same issue. I can login my other characters and play just fine but keep getting the unable to connect error when trying to login to my main.
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    Here comes EP to absolutely destroy Cyrodiil map while AD is out of game.
    Way to kick us while we're down A-holes :D

It's happening to all zones man not just AD.
    ganner77 wrote: »
    Only my AD toon not working. Others log in just fine

• madHatterZ
    NA server or EU server are still not working for me still
  • BillSzoverdu
    BillSzoverdu
    Soul Shriven
    Tator wrote: »
    I'm having same issue. I can login my other characters and play just fine but keep getting the unable to connect error when trying to login to my main.

This for me as well.
  • madHatterZ
    Oh wait eu is working for me now
  • cmajher
    cmajher
    My alt is working too. I was on my main during the NA update, wondering if that could be part of the problem
  • Ozrix
    Ozrix
    Soul Shriven
    This is the error I am receiving.

Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

It has been happening for about the last 2 hours. It doesn't happen when you load into the game, but the first time you hit a loading screen (change zones, enter/exit dungeon, etc) it occurs. I'd recommend just not changing zones but unfortunately my character is stuck in a dungeon.

Edit for more details: I am on the Xbox NA server. I am also in Reaper's March but others are saying that is not the only area affected.
    Edited by Ozrix on June 30, 2015 3:28AM
  • joshuap1992
    joshuap1992
    Soul Shriven
    When you all are getting kicked, is any error message popping up, or are you simple crashing straight to dashboard?

I'm just being brought to the game main menu. It fails to load characters even on another Xbox even if wired and even with a reset router
  • tojop
    tojop
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also having this issue. Just tried logging in for the first time today 5-10 minutes ago; I get to character selection screen, see "Requesting character load....", then takes me back to main screen with "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid Internet connection."

First time I saw it I tested connection, fine, restarted xbox, same message, turn off xbox and restart router, same thing again. Xbox live says my connection is fine, NAT type Is open.

Want to play ESO :(
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    When you all are getting kicked, is any error message popping up, or are you simple crashing straight to dashboard?

I'm just being brought to the game main menu. It fails to load characters even on another Xbox even if wired and even with a reset router

It's not your connection, bud. It's the game
  • Shadowjones
    Shadowjones
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Two friends having this issue now. My 2 friends having the issue don't even get into the too selection screen.

They get the loading symbol then it freezes and boots.

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue reported in this thread. As some have mentioned in this thread, it is only certain characters in most cases. (Some players have reported being able to log into other characters on their account.) To fully resolve this issue, we need to perform a megaserver reboot. We have the reboot maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning (6/30) at 8AM EDT. We sincerely apologize to those of you who are impacted.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Better now. Still getting kicked.
    EP FOR LIFE
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Unfortunately, not on any impacted characters. :(

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, not on any impacted characters. :(

Buzz kill. Thanks for doing all you can anyways @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ... We appreciate the hard work.
  • Eternaldarknss
    Eternaldarknss
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue reported in this thread. As some have mentioned in this thread, it is only certain characters in most cases. (Some players have reported being able to log into other characters on their account.) To fully resolve this issue, we need to perform a megaserver reboot. We have the reboot maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning (6/30) at 8AM EDT. We sincerely apologize to those of you who are impacted.

What about those of us who can log in and play but can't get to reapers March? Will this fix our issue as well? Im Getting kicked only when trying to travel to reapers march.
    Edited by Eternaldarknss on June 30, 2015 3:44AM
This discussion has been closed.