The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

• Badno
    Badno
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I can't even log into the game now.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even after a hard reset of my console, I could only play for 4 minutes before getting booted. My friend has been able to play just fine, give or take a disconnect or two.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    Some improvement atm - have been able to use wayshrines, and fast travel. Have NOT tried any dungeons etc. Still some lag, oh, havent tried logging into my other chars, but can travel --- sad tho --- maps are so empty compared to what I typically see
  • FouledAnchors
    Was experiencing the frequent disconnects then it progressed into not being able to log the character into game. Now it has further deteriorated so I am having trouble getting to the character screen.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    I am willing to bet that ESO got hit with a distributed denial of service attack. Hackers are sending hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of requests to the servers causing it to be unable to process our attempts. It would be a perfect time for it - starting Friday night and continue into Saturday on the North American server, and then the problems seemed to start for the European Union server Saturday night (their time). These hackers have seemed to focus on consoles also - the same thing happened to Destiny a few months ago. Furthermore, that would be why ZOS hasn't said anything - they don't want people to know. It's also why they haven't shut it down - if they shut it down, the hackers could move from a DDOS to something worse. It may affect different characters differently if you had used a character when the attacks started.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am willing to bet that ESO got hit with a distributed denial of service attack. Hackers are sending hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of requests to the servers causing it to be unable to process our attempts. It would be a perfect time for it - starting Friday night and continue into Saturday on the North American server, and then the problems seemed to start for the European Union server Saturday night (their time). These hackers have seemed to focus on consoles also - the same thing happened to Destiny a few months ago. Furthermore, that would be why ZOS hasn't said anything - they don't want people to know. It's also why they haven't shut it down - if they shut it down, the hackers could move from a DDOS to something worse. It may affect different characters differently if you had used a character when the attacks started.

If that's the case, it must've been a pretty lame DDOS attempt, since a lot of people can play just fine. In fact, I'm willing to bet that most people aren't having any issues, which is why they haven't bothered to shut the servers down. As my sociology prof once said, "Sure, even a number like 49% may be a lot, but it's still a minority. Remember that in your studies."
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    A majority of people can't get on. I was able to get on with an alternate around noon central. That's a fairly peak time for Saturday. There was hardly anyone in Mournhold, a usually busy area, and no Cyrodiil campaign had more than 1 bar. This is also confirmed in the reports of others that have been affected.
  • GallantGorilla1
    GallantGorilla1
    Soul Shriven
    Disconnected and reconnected my internet, waited twenty-four hour, and checked for activation on my account. Still getting an Error 315 when connecting to NA server. Getting a bit upset at this point.
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

We are closing this thread as there is already a discussion thread for this issue located HERE. Thank you for you patience as we continue to investigate these reports.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.