The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

• cmajher
    cmajher
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thank you for working on this issue for us and keeping us updated :smile:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    What about those of us who can log in and play but can't get to readers March? Will this fix our issue as well? Im Getting kicked only when trying to travel to reapers march.

The reboot tomorrow morning will fix that one character you're unable to log in as, yes.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue reported in this thread. As some have mentioned in this thread, it is only certain characters in most cases. (Some players have reported being able to log into other characters on their account.) To fully resolve this issue, we need to perform a megaserver reboot. We have the reboot maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning (6/30) at 8AM EDT. We sincerely apologize to those of you who are impacted.

What about those of us who can log in and play but can't get to reapers March? Will this fix our issue as well? Im Getting kicked only when trying to travel to reapers march.

Consider yourself lucky. I can't even connect to NA server or get to the character select screen.

• Eternaldarknss
    Eternaldarknss
    Soul Shriven
    What about those of us who can log in and play but can't get to readers March? Will this fix our issue as well? Im Getting kicked only when trying to travel to reapers march.

The reboot tomorrow morning will fix that one character you're unable to log in as, yes.

I CAN log in just fine. I am not currently in reapers march I'm just getting booted from the server when I try to travel to reapers march. I can play and travel anywhere else with no issues.
  • goodmrtumnus
    goodmrtumnus
    Soul Shriven
    I am able to log in but I cannot leave the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold without getting disconnected.
  • xAZxDarkwolf
    xAZxDarkwolf
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know of anybody said this yet but if you switch to the European server go in finsh the opening cutscene then back out and then switch back to the NA server it should work it worked for me
  • cmajher
    cmajher

I CAN log in just fine. I am not currently in reapers march I'm just getting booted from the server when I try to travel to reapers march. I can play and travel anywhere else with no issues.

It should fix the disconnecting problem as well.
  • azazelangel
    azazelangel
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue reported in this thread. As some have mentioned in this thread, it is only certain characters in most cases. (Some players have reported being able to log into other characters on their account.) To fully resolve this issue, we need to perform a megaserver reboot. We have the reboot maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning (6/30) at 8AM EDT. We sincerely apologize to those of you who are impacted.

What about those of us who can log in and play but can't get to reapers March? Will this fix our issue as well? Im Getting kicked only when trying to travel to reapers march.

Consider yourself lucky. I can't even connect to NA server or get to the character select screen.
    i thought i was he only one. i cant connect to the character select screen at all.

• Guardianfafnir
    Guardianfafnir
    Soul Shriven
    I just got kicked out too. "Can't connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid Internet connection." And I've been getting this repeatedly. On Xbox one.
  • cronac
    cronac
    Soul Shriven
    Same here can't get to character select screen
  • azazelangel
    azazelangel
    Soul Shriven

what about the people who can't get to the character select screen?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    what about the people who can't get to the character select screen?

The reboot will also fix those who have recently started seeing this error when attempting to log in:

"Unable to connect to server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Baphometrising
    Baphometrising
    Soul Shriven
    I think everybody that got booted from RM should get a monkey pet
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Had issues in the AD section of Reapers March, fast traveling would kick me out and also if I tried to immediately log back in, ran into the same login issues.
    Exited out to Xbox One dashboard, 'Quit' the game, then restarted the game (didn't need to restart the xbox). Login worked.

Same ^ @Eternaldarknss were you outside of RM when you tried to travel to a shrine there?

Xbox-NA
  • ozworth
    ozworth
    Hit and miss still 9:15 PAC time.. Getting booted when switching zones..
  • cmajher
    cmajher
    I don't know of anybody said this yet but if you switch to the European server go in finsh the opening cutscene then back out and then switch back to the NA server it should work it worked for me

Didn't do anything for me, but watching the opening scene again was nice :p
  • ozworth
    ozworth
    Hit and miss still 9:15 PAC time.. Getting booted when switching zones..
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    So there wont be a fix till tomorrow? It is prime playing time for west coast folks. Not having a fix till tomorrow completely ruins my evening. :'(:'(:'(
  • ganner77
    ganner77
    Soul Shriven
    It seems to be certain zones. My Ad toon does it zoning into reaper's march and my Ep toon does it zoning into Stormfall
  • PuckettReaper
    PuckettReaper
    Soul Shriven
    for me when i press play after the main menu it goes to a loading screen and kicks me back to main menu i cant even get to character screen
  • cronac
    cronac
    Soul Shriven
    I can't get character select screen on na but eu works fine. And im only a couple miles from the servers.
  • dark_wolverine
    dark_wolverine
    Soul Shriven
    This is my last night off for a while and I was hoping to catch up on my questing... This certainly kills my mood.
  • Moheh_Mahbus
    Same garbage is happening, I am stuck in waycrest fence area, every time i load to the city it D/C me. No fix until morning, *** YOU.
  • Br0m1cide
    Br0m1cide
    Soul Shriven
    Requesting character load....*Loading screen...*Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have valid internet connection. :( Gotta love Mondays.
  • Ice_Cold_Spirit
    What about when you try to leave a dungeon or wayshrine out of it and it boots back to title screen with "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection?"
  • PDub1984
    PDub1984
    Myself and a bunch of my friends can't connect to the NA server. It keeps saying "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." My internet is running completely fine. Hopefully this problem will be fixed quickly.
  • CharlieDango
    CharlieDango
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing for me. Booted from Reaper's March. Seems like every time I try to play this game lately the servers are down.
  • Moheh_Mahbus
    Seems like its just loading screen, dungeons and such....... Awesome!
  • PDub1984
    PDub1984
    But for some reason the European server is completely fine lol.
  • Br0m1cide
    Br0m1cide
    Soul Shriven
    When you all are getting kicked, is any error message popping up, or are you simple crashing straight to dashboard?

Press start.
    Play.
    Load screen with with theatrical music.
    Select Character.
    Requesting Character Load....
    Still loading...........................
    Kicked to in game error screen.
    Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

Error step by step.

This discussion has been closed.