The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MMORPG.com agrees with me.

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    MCMancub wrote: »
    I canceled my sub the day they announced B2P and the cash store. It was overwhelmingly obvious that I had been paying $15/month to beta test for consoles since launch, and that made me want to throw up.

I frequent the forums just to see the current state of the game, and it's right where I thought it would be. Glad I jumped ship when I did.

I don't understand this. It's like people can't google for accurate statistics. ESO hit it's peak low in November/December and is now more popular than it was 1 year ago in June, and is well on its way to surpass its all-time popularity.

SOURCE: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=elder scrolls online&cmpt=q&tz=

What about more people playing the game makes it any better? From what I gather it's still a worse game than when I quit, with nothing new added but a cash store, and Cyrodil performance is still completely screwed.

And did you just link Google search popularity for ESO? Like, when all of the buzz around B2P was coming out?

More people do not create a better game, they are the result of it. Or at least a reflection that a lot of people enjoy it...

The best thing about an opinion is that I don't need other people to agree with it. I feel the game is taking off in an awful direction and decided to stop supporting it. Nothing so far has proved to me that I made the wrong decision.

And sure B2P/F2P/cash shop games get an influx of new players, because it's a low entry fee. That type of environment usually creates a terrible community that only sticks around for a month or two, spends some money in the cash store, and then moves on to the next F2P game that everyone is talking about.

My comment was less about your opinion and more about your statement "the game is right where I thought it would be", followed by a "glad I jumped ship". Essentially you foresaw a massive influx of new players and a recovery in the large decline of the game's player base and thought "I'd better get out while I can".

EDIT: It's totally fine if you want a practically single-player MMO due to the almost non-existent player base. If that's your preference, I encourage your leave.

So you think that the lack of content, lack of bug fixes, lack of performance improvements, overwhelming console focus and cash store focus are good for the longevity and the quality of the game?

There has been no lack of content. They're releasing the game on 2 additional platforms in less than a week.

There are bug fixes on an almost weekly basis, and the only place I ever see complaints about lag are on the forums.

I absolutely think the overwhelming focus on the consoles and cash store are good for the longevity of the game. Who am I kidding? They are the longevity of the game. You have to have a model that supports a lengthy life span, and a game that no one plays because it's subscription based, is on 1 platform, and relies on new content to survive (no MMO can stand on content alone because players complete it much faster than it can be developed) is literally death for the game.
    Edited by MCMancub on June 3, 2015 8:18PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub the day they announced B2P and the cash store. It was overwhelmingly obvious that I had been paying $15/month to beta test for consoles since launch, and that made me want to throw up.

I frequent the forums just to see the current state of the game, and it's right where I thought it would be. Glad I jumped ship when I did.

I don't understand this. It's like people can't google for accurate statistics. ESO hit it's peak low in November/December and is now more popular than it was 1 year ago in June, and is well on its way to surpass its all-time popularity.

What about more people playing the game makes it any better? From what I gather it's still a worse game than when I quit, with nothing new added but a cash store, and Cyrodil performance is still completely screwed.

And did you just link Google search popularity for ESO? Like, when all of the buzz around B2P was coming out?

More people do not create a better game, they are the result of it. Or at least a reflection that a lot of people enjoy it...

Actually, I think you will find hat more people do create a better game, as well as being a result of it. The two work together.

I will agree that ESO seems to be doing much better than it did during the November/December period of time and has benefited greatly by ESOTU. I cannot see a reason why the Console would fail, and the PC version isn't going away any time soon.

People need to remember that the Elder Scrolls franchise is probably the most important brand that Bethesda Softworks publishes and could be the top brand for the entire ZeniMax Media empire. My personal opinion is that ESO is worthy of the name Elder Scrolls, and it is probably the flagship product in the brand. I cannot see them abandoning it, on any platform, any time soon.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom line is I am still having fun. If you aren't, then it's okay to leave.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »

I think the purpose of this thread is not quitting the game but not supporting it any longer. Just not worth it until they show some big time bug fixes and content. I suppose we should expect to pay for imp city (I know we will have too) but we were told way back it was coming very soon. Year later no imp city.
    Edited by BigM on June 3, 2015 8:27PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enaijo wrote: »
    BigM wrote: »
    WAIT, you want me to believe something smed says, I stopped listening to him 10 years ago all he does is twist lies into more lies. Can you please show me more proof other than smed. :smiley:

He can't lie about business-numbers or he would end up in jail, simple as that. If it isn't enough for you, as I said, use google and search for yourself. You are the one who started this and flamed console-players, so why should I invest any more time to proof something? Do you have any proof for what you said? Obviously you don't ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
    Edited by mtwiggz on June 3, 2015 8:40PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »

I think the purpose of this thread is not quitting the game but not supporting it any longer. Just not worth it until they show some big time bug fixes and content. I suppose we should expect to pay for imp city (I know we will have too) but we were told way back it was coming very soon. Year later no imp city.

I cancelled my subscription today as my last research was completed last week. IMO, ESO Plus isn't worth the cost with the little bonuses we get, not to mention any DLC we receive while on it will disappear if we drop it later. I plan on buying the DLC when it comes out so it can never be taken from me. Things will have to change a lot for me to re-sub at this point. Why keep paying for a game when we have 0 communication from the game developers. I get that Console release is big, but that's no reason to exclude your other platform base that's carried the game from launch in 2014. It's just really poor customer service. It doesn't take much work at all to come out to the community with a future plan even just to say we are aiming for new DLC content by x date. Instead they just leave everyone in the dark with "after console release".

I will not stop playing, I'm just not paying when I don't need to. When/If things change in the future to where PC players matter and we have clear communication on future events, I will have no problem supporting ZOS again. Unfortunately with how the events have taken place and with nothing being fixed on past issues, I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Edited by Robbmrp on June 3, 2015 8:42PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has been no lack of content. They're releasing the game on 2 additional platforms in less than a week.

There are bug fixes on an almost weekly basis, and the only place I ever see complaints about lag are on the forums.

I absolutely think the overwhelming focus on the consoles and cash store are good for the longevity of the game. Who am I kidding? They are the longevity of the game. You have to have a model that supports a lengthy life span, and a game that no one plays because it's subscription based, is on 1 platform, and relies on new content to survive (no MMO can stand on content alone because players complete it much faster than it can be developed) is literally death for the game.

Someone put together a fairly awesome article on Tamriel Foundry about 2 months ago comparing the content that ESO released vs. what ZOS' major competitors released for their mmo's, and ESO was so far behind that it boggles my mind to see a post like yours. Yes, forums in general are mostly complaints. But yes, lately, the majority of complaints on these forums are largely valid. The last major content was upper craglorn, which added a few quests that no one ever wants to do because the rewards are less than what you'd get by killing 10 regular mobs, and a trial that adds to the 2 existing trials that fewer and fewer people run because the gear drops are mostly sub par and the population has dwindled to the point that it's hard to even find 12 people willing to do them. Almost all of the content that is supposedly being delayed due to console were originally things that were slated to be released a long time ago, and funded by the subscription fees they had us pay. Now they're stalling so they can sell this content as DLC.

The "bug fixes" on an almost weekly basis amounts to maybe less than a dozen bugs fixed over 2 months, and includes bugs that have been "fixed" according to their patch notes multiple times. How many times did they have to 'fix' toppling charge again?

The fact that they're releasing the game on console does not excuse the fact that they clearly have atrocious project management considering the console versions were supposed to be launched when PC did over a year ago. It also does not excuse the fact that they won't even talk about the actual game for many months now because some idiot at the top thinks it's better to ignore all of the criticism and keep players in the dark.

Lastly, I have to wonder if you even play the game if the only complaints about lag you see are on the forums. PVP has been a cluster since launch, and is probably in worse shape now with the meteor spammers and players that intentionally lag the server. Moreover, there's been bizarre lag in PVE and dungeons since the last major patch (THREE months ago). These are not isolated lag problems that only a handful are having, pay attention to your zone chat, or spend 15+ minutes in Cyrodiil and you'll experience them for yourself as well.
    Edited by Zheg on June 3, 2015 8:45PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Someone put together a fairly awesome article on Tamriel Foundry about 2 months ago comparing the content that ESO released vs. what ZOS' major competitors released for their mmo's, and ESO was so far behind that it boggles my mind to see a post like yours. Yes, forums in general are mostly complaints. But yes, lately, the majority of complaints on these forums are largely valid. The last major content was upper craglorn, which added a few quests that no one ever wants to do because the rewards are less than what you'd get by killing 10 regular mobs, and a trial that adds to the 2 existing trials that fewer and fewer people run because the gear drops are mostly sub par and the population has dwindled to the point that it's hard to even find 12 people willing to do them. Almost all of the content that is supposedly being delayed due to console were originally things that were slated to be released a long time ago, and funded by the subscription fees they had us pay. Now they're stalling so they can sell this content as DLC.

The "bug fixes" on an almost weekly basis amounts to maybe less than a dozen bugs fixed over 2 months, and includes bugs that have been "fixed" according to their patch notes multiple times. How many times did they have to 'fix' toppling charge again?

The fact that they're releasing the game on console does not excuse the fact that they clearly have atrocious project management considering the console versions were supposed to be launched when PC did over a year ago. It also does not excuse the fact that they won't even talk about the actual game for many months now because some idiot at the top thinks it's better to ignore all of the criticism and keep players in the dark.

Lastly, I have to wonder if you even play the game if the only complaints about lag you see are on the forums. PVP has been a cluster since launch, and is probably in worse shape now with the meteor spammers and players that intentionally lag the server. Moreover, there's been bizarre lag in PVE and dungeons since the last major patch (THREE months ago). These are not isolated lag problems that only a handful are having, pay attention to your zone chat, or spend 15+ minutes in Cyrodiil and you'll experience them for yourself as well.

@Zheg, you hit it right on the head with that!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • wilsonirayb16_ESO
    ...... Who am I kidding? They are the longevity of the game. You have to have a model that supports a lengthy life span, and a game that no one plays because it's subscription based, is on 1 platform, and relies on new content to survive (no MMO can stand on content alone because players complete it much faster than it can be developed) is literally death for the game.

You know a better way to increase the longevity of a product? Make it a good one in the first place.

ESO is not subscription based, it's incentive based. You pay for extra gains, it's not a requirement.

The only thing that made sense in your comment was that you need new content. And by that I mean it's applicable to modern MMOs. Older games could have no content changes for ages, and they'd still survive. That's because they were good through and through, you just played to have fun and progress.

But we're all tired of that archaic carrot and stick mentality, especially when the carrot is withered and putrid, and the stick keeps breaking, so the carrot slaps us in the face for a while until developers fix the stick again.

Meanwhile the games aren't good, they are fundamentally flawed and they never get better...ever.
    Edited by wilsonirayb16_ESO on June 3, 2015 8:52PM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I think you will find hat more people do create a better game, as well as being a result of it. The two work together.

I doubt it does, because that would imply the best games are those like Candy Crush Saga with tens of millions of players. Sure, they are popular, they earn a lot of money, so they are, in a sense (as in to make people pay), designed well, but so are slot machines.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Rule #1, Never wish failure upon another-next time it could be You.

Zos could solve most of its customer relations with sugar. Do I need sugar, no, but i prefer it over over vinegar.

Fans tend to get worked up, just look at any crowd of soccer fans, or football or basketball, etc.

ZoS' problems are Managerial, players and coaches don't head to the media booth to make statements or to clarify situations, someone has to tell them that that is what needs to happen.
    I still have my (pity) sub running

ZoS is scared of looking incompetent. They've had a few bumps, things didn't go quite as planned, some things that were meant to happen months ago are only just starting to look ripe now, other things went live broken, and others broke - well because MMORPG's are complicated beasts.
    Happens to everyone, laughter is the best medicine :pensive:

ZoS needs to open communication channels with its fan base and let the fans give them the sugar. Nothing gets out of hand worse than willfully encouraging blind speculation, if you allow others to understand they can give you leeway.
    I see it in Gina's eyes, and in some of the guest dev's on "Live", I get it, you don't want a feeding *** over your fubar's, but isnt that what you are getting any way?

TLDR?
    I rage because i care, and because ZoS with the one hand wants to reciprocate, but with the other keeps pushing me away.
    There is no misunderstanding that ZoS management do not want to share (nominal) ownership of TESO(TU) with its player (fan)base, I get that ZoS is a business, but then... so are the New York Yankee's ....

PS:
    look out for the MMORPG.com anti-TESO campaign... seems like once they get started its like a Holy war for them :open_mouth:
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet population after b2p transitio is fading again. Strange huh?

• someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi fellow ESO'ers. I was one of the pre-release folks that was one of the biggest advocates and fans of both ESO and ZoS. However, I canceled my sub when Tamerial Unlimited released because... There was NO REASON TO KEEP IT lol. Why is the dude from MMORPG.com just now realizing that ZoS did a HUGE about face in January 15' when they basically said, they were stopping all PC content development after the next major content update, they were putting all their focus into the console release in June, and after that it would be several more months before they released their first paid DLC????

They even went further and said, in the future, they are only releasing new content when they can do so simultaneously with both consoles. For those who do not know, patches on Xbox and PlayStation is a tedious and long process compared to PC patches.

And the nail in the coffin is that subs would not only cease to get any further loyaly rewards but they were also only going to "rent" DLC content to subbers so that if you are a subber and your subscription expires you either have to BUY the DLC or lose access.

ZoS gave every PC subber a big fat middle finger. Which is why I dropped my sub March 14th (I think that's when Tamerial Unlimited released) . I also cancelled my wife's sub. No reason to have a sub and support console development especially since even after the console version is released, it seems the game will stay shifted to the side of the consoles and what works for console players.

Well, I'm having a LOT more fun with Witcher 3 anyhow. Witcher 3 is not an MMORPG I hear you say? Well either is ESO really. Last time I checked, the group finder tool was utterly useless, there were still major "phasing issues" when grouping with a player who finished certain quests different ways, there is no global auction house, the minimalist UI is sub-standard by PC mmorpg standards, and you still couldn't share most/any quests with friends.....

ESO is still installed on my HD, but I having a harder and harder time justifying, even if it is B2P now, keeping this 40 gig game installed. I truly feel bad for all of you who were misled or tricked into thinking ESO was still what is was when it was first released. This is a console game first, PC port next and I will not support ZoS with one of my pennies until I see real change. I'm sure there are many many more like me who already done the same or will in the not so distant future.
    Edited by someuser on June 3, 2015 9:05PM
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cry_Wolfe wrote: »
    Rule #1, Never wish failure upon another-next time it could be You.

Zos could solve most of its customer relations with sugar. Do I need sugar, no, but i prefer it over over vinegar.

ZOS needs to take a bottle, shake it up, break the bubble, break it up and pour some sugar on us in the name of love.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2015 9:24PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry_Wolfe wrote: »

ZoS' problems are Managerial, players and coaches don't head to the media booth to make statements or to clarify situations, someone has to tell them that that is what needs to happen.

What? Most sports in the US have a post-game press conference where the players and coaches do just that. Because ultimately they are the ones responsible for the outcome of the game.

Just as Zenimax is the one responsible for this one.

But I agree that the ZOS employees that we interact with here on the official forums are not calling the shots, and I also agree that the problems at ZOS are managerial in nature rather than technical.

The end result is the same to the players, though. Whether a bug fails to get fixed because of technical shortcomings or it fails to get fixed because management failed to juggle resources properly...it still doesn't get fixed.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the reasons behind the scenes or opportunities they decided to persue, losing devs when they are already trying to actively hire them has the potential to adversely effect the consumers. I hope it makes a minimal impact, though I say that doubtfully.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, yet also have some experience with this, as the same thing happened with DCUO- which I played for several years. For several months prior to the launch of the PS4, DCUO focused the majority of its resources to coding a version of DCUO for the PS4. This led to months of whining and complaining about lack of new content, and even after PS4 launch, it led to months of lack of content as the devs had to re-ramp up their resources towards new content. However, when the PS4 launched, it brought HUGE success back to DCUO, who had been floundering, and led to a ton of new income. Sure it made long-term players, both PC and PS3, angry, but in the end their anger and loss of players were overshadowed by the increase in income from NEW PS4 players. So all the complaints literally offered nothing, yet added a toxic elements to the forums and game experience for many players. Then, even when DCUO managed to start adding new content, the complaints were endless... but hopefully ZOS doesn't go the same rout they did and try to please all the people, all the time, because it failed miserably. DCUO has been left without any sense of direction and continues to swing like a tree in the wind.

So here is my take on ESO... right now, because of the fiasco that occurred with the PC launch and the long-delayed console launch, many potential players were put off entirely. ZOS lost a lot of money in pushing back the console release, yet along the way they also committed a LOT of resources to fixing the game- which benefited both PC and future console players. I do not blame them for setting an arbitrary "no new content" for the PC because they want consoles and PC to be at the same stage in development, content wise. It would be silly to release a PC DLC, when they can wait and offer that new content to ALL platforms, increasing their revenue. If they had released a DLC earlier to the PC, it would be tough to release the console version along with a DLC at the same time- I'm sure just after buying the game, I doubt console players want to fork over more money for a DLC at the same time.

I also understand their need to focus on making sure console launch goes as smoothly as possible, so them committing a large portion of their resources to that end doesn't surprise me, and really shouldn't surprise anyone else. Us PC players can complain all we want, but the future of ESO depends on the success of the console release. Even DCUO could not sustain itself by PC players alone, in fact, only about 30% of DCUO players are PC players- I'm sure that will hold true for ESO as well- although the margin may well be even higher since DCUO isn't offered on XBOX.

So before you complain about their focus on consoles, you should ask yourself whether or not you want ESO to be successful and be around for years to come? If you do, then give them some slack and realize they are putting their priorities where they need to be at this time and all platforms of ESO will benefit from this short-term console focus.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    As a new player, yet also have some experience with this, as the same thing happened with DCUO- which I played for several years. For several months prior to the launch of the PS4, DCUO focused the majority of its resources to coding a version of DCUO for the PS4. This led to months of whining and complaining about lack of new content, and even after PS4 launch, it led to months of lack of content as the devs had to re-ramp up their resources towards new content. However, when the PS4 launched, it brought HUGE success back to DCUO, who had been floundering, and led to a ton of new income. Sure it made long-term players, both PC and PS3, angry, but in the end their anger and loss of players were overshadowed by the increase in income from NEW PS4 players. So all the complaints literally offered nothing, yet added a toxic elements to the forums and game experience for many players. Then, even when DCUO managed to start adding new content, the complaints were endless... but hopefully ZOS doesn't go the same rout they did and try to please all the people, all the time, because it failed miserably. DCUO has been left without any sense of direction and continues to swing like a tree in the wind.

So here is my take on ESO... right now, because of the fiasco that occurred with the PC launch and the long-delayed console launch, many potential players were put off entirely. ZOS lost a lot of money in pushing back the console release, yet along the way they also committed a LOT of resources to fixing the game- which benefited both PC and future console players. I do not blame them for setting an arbitrary "no new content" for the PC because they want consoles and PC to be at the same stage in development, content wise. It would be silly to release a PC DLC, when they can wait and offer that new content to ALL platforms, increasing their revenue. If they had released a DLC earlier to the PC, it would be tough to release the console version along with a DLC at the same time- I'm sure just after buying the game, I doubt console players want to fork over more money for a DLC at the same time.

I also understand their need to focus on making sure console launch goes as smoothly as possible, so them committing a large portion of their resources to that end doesn't surprise me, and really shouldn't surprise anyone else. Us PC players can complain all we want, but the future of ESO depends on the success of the console release. Even DCUO could not sustain itself by PC players alone, in fact, only about 30% of DCUO players are PC players- I'm sure that will hold true for ESO as well- although the margin may well be even higher since DCUO isn't offered on XBOX.

So before you complain about their focus on consoles, you should ask yourself whether or not you want ESO to be successful and be around for years to come? If you do, then give them some slack and realize they are putting their priorities where they need to be at this time and all platforms of ESO will benefit from this short-term console focus.

You make it sound very reasonable and that ZoS had to do this or that. But you leave out one big issues. What they lead us to believe while they made us hang on to pay for something that was never coming. Just thought I would think this is very important part you leaving out. Also with the theory they want to have all systems up and running with all current content then how come consoles are releasing 2 months behind?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad to think, since release there's only been something like 2 lots on new content (1 New zone), rest of it has been incremental patches or changes made to what we already had. Then ZOS totally ignores the PC community for months and only on very rare occasions giving us the exact same generic response "our focus is on console at the moment"

That's very nice to hear when we are the ones who have been giving them our money every month, for the past year! Then they also scrapped the loyalty reward scheme so they could cash in via crowns...So much for giving rewards to the ones who have given you loads of money, suported you from the start, submited bugreports and stuck with you through all the problems.

ZOS might as well of come out and said " thank you all you PC players for beta testing our game for the past year, see you all on console " because it's pretty obvious console has been there main end game from the start
    Edited by ItsRejectz on June 3, 2015 10:51PM
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    ADarklore wrote: »

You make it sound very reasonable and that ZoS had to do this or that. But you leave out one big issues. What they lead us to believe while they made us hang on to pay for something that was never coming. Just thought I would think this is very important part you leaving out. Also with the theory they want to have all systems up and running with all current content then how come consoles are releasing 2 months behind?

English ? Can someone translate this for me ? I think it's funny how people complain right now that consoles are getting all the attention when they fail to see the other side of the spectrum. Do you all realize that consoles were pushed back nearly a year ? And for a good while it was actually a real question if it would ever see the light of day. PC players got to play the game for a whole year before consoles even got a crack at it, would you prefer if both versions were pushed backed since everything should be equal and fair right ? They said before TU launched that content development for PC would be halted until console's released, no one was mislead or tricked into paying a sub.

@BigM you make absolutely no attempt to counter the argument made against your claims. Perfect example is when you replied to @lordrichter by just attacking him because he post a lot on the forums and then go on to call him bad. This shows you have no rebuttal, nothing constructive to add at all.
    Edited by Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO on June 3, 2015 11:47PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ItsRejectz You said it better than I can. I still do not see how they could say 100 crowns for every month we subbed for a whole year of supporting their beta. They should of gave us 1500 for every month we paid. That at least would of been fair.

Oh and a big we appreciate you for helping us.
    Edited by BigM on June 3, 2015 11:47PM
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    @ItsRejectz You said it better than I can. I still do not see how they could say 100 crowns for every month we subbed for a whole year of supporting their beta. They should of gave us 1500 for every month we paid. That at least would of been fair.

Why would they give us 1500 crowns for ever month we paid for prior to TU ? When you go to a car dealership and buy a car for X amount then next month month the car is on sale and is Y dollars cheaper, do you then go back to the dealership and claim they owe you money because you paid more for the car initially ? Do you buy groceries one week then go back and next week when they are on sale and ask for your money back ? This is no different, they launched with a P2P model and we paid for that service, service was rendered ZoS owes us nothing, the fact that we were given anything at all is a symbol of the companies good will.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would they give us 1500 crowns for ever month we paid for prior to TU ? When you go to a car dealership and buy a car for X amount then next month month the car is on sale and is Y dollars cheaper, do you then go back to the dealership and claim they owe you money because you paid more for the car initially ? Do you buy groceries one week then go back and next week when they are on sale and ask for your money back ? This is no different, they launched with a P2P model and we paid for that service, service was rendered ZoS owes us nothing, the fact that we were given anything at all is a symbol of the companies good will.

Hmmmm first you attack my writing which I agree at times I get a little pfft, that could be the 14 pills a day I take. But I still made the point. Now a guy that is on these forums with over 2500 posts is he really a player or what. Heck i post a lot and still under 700. Just don't see the hours in a day to be able to play and post. But yes i did respond to his post said "Nice read disagree" then commented about how many posts he had. Another words because you didn't understand what I meant was I just ignored everything he said. Sorry no disrespect just can't see anyone posting that much and still have time to play the game.

So by your logic about the 1500 we also shouldn't have been given the 100. This is about the loyalty they gave us. and by the posts i have read majority agree they didn't respect us at all. Just how we feel.

Seems like the only posts you and a very few others would accept is only good posts praising the game and saying they will fix the problems soon lets support them guys. < I was there done that won't and can't do it no more.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting so tired of these so called experts who seemingly havent played many MMO's. Every MMO has its dry spells of content between major patches/expansions/DLC. The dude at MMORPG does not want to sound like a toddler but he does, I guess ESO is his first ever MMO.

ESO is now over 1 year old, had already some major content updates. Craglorn, Justice System, new Trials and still its not enough for the next generation of "give me more now toddlers".

World of Warcraft launched in 2004, the first major expansion came in 2007 thats 3 years later. ESO still has 2 years to match that.

Stop making up excuses to not wanting play ESO, leave and come back when the game has more to offer for you. As ESO still has alot of things to do for those who are now playing. And stop making these posts to support your reason to quit.
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    What people that call us whiners don't realize is that we whine about the horrible decisions ZoS makes consistently cause we ultimately really like their product and care enough to complain with hopes that things will change for the better. If there were no whiners, that means they would just leave and not be around at all cause they didnt care enough.

Case in point, I have played Tera, Archage, SWTOR, and WoW and I never visit their forums to tell them what I don't like about their games. Cause I simply didnt like the game enough.

But ALL YOU DO (not just you, also a lot of other posters on these forums) is say negative things. Its impossible for me to think you like this game at all with how much negativity people on these forums are spewing.

Be constructive, say positive things too, and try to remember the people who made this game are as real as you are. I mean you'd be a pretty bad boss if you only ever told your employees what they did wrong on a day to day basis and never what they did right.
  • delushin
    delushin
    ✭✭✭
    I have failed this city ... I got excited for the console release and went and bought the sub, didn't even see the PC/Mac only. Then only found out a few days back that the ESO Plus doesn't transfer over!

Of course I spent the crowns man, I ate that s@#t up, then tried to correct my short sighted / excited fan boy ways and was rejected because I made some purchases ... it made me sad that no common ground could be found or even an option for me to top up the crowns and still refund the ESO Plus.

Now I will enter the console world with a chunk of heart missing and I will play in hope that I can be healed albeit still wounded. The money spent on the ESO Plus for PC sits there providing nothing but a flaming horse and some other stuff to my console transfer. There cannot be another purchase for my PS4 account at this stage so really they would have been no loss to Zeni only the cost of proactive support willing to help out the customer, maybe in an alternative reality.

Fear not friends, I will pull through but if I don't there is always Planetside2 ...
    Edited by delushin on June 4, 2015 5:48AM
    Raven Guard - PS4 [PvE/PvP] NA Server - Daggerfall Convenant
    #1 AUS/NZ Guild - http://ravenguardclan.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/delushin
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SOURCE: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=elder scrolls online&amp;cmpt=q&amp;tz=

The best thing about an opinion is that I don't need other people to agree with it. I feel the game is taking off in an awful direction and decided to stop supporting it. Nothing so far has proved to me that I made the wrong decision.

And sure B2P/F2P/cash shop games get an influx of new players, because it's a low entry fee. That type of environment usually creates a terrible community that only sticks around for a month or two, spends some money in the cash store, and then moves on to the next F2P game that everyone is talking about.

My comment was less about your opinion and more about your statement "the game is right where I thought it would be", followed by a "glad I jumped ship". Essentially you foresaw a massive influx of new players and a recovery in the large decline of the game's player base and thought "I'd better get out while I can".

EDIT: It's totally fine if you want a practically single-player MMO due to the almost non-existent player base. If that's your preference, I encourage your leave.

So you think that the lack of content, lack of bug fixes, lack of performance improvements, overwhelming console focus and cash store focus are good for the longevity and the quality of the game?

there has been no real content for prety much a YEAR, NEverwinter made a MAJOR DLC, FOR FREE BTW, WHILE working on console. If a money-grubbing, unrepenet greed hound of a company like Perfect world/cryptic can do it AND for free. why can't ZOS?

yeah, NEverwinter's release was garbage, but it is VERY likely so will ESO's, since i honestly cannot think of an MMO console release that was NOT garbage.

Thoe bug fixes either end up doing nothing or for bugs few people actually cared about........THEN when a REAL bug comes along (Templar skill issues, Lag, etc) they either have given up fixing it (PVP) or just say "Its a feature"....

Edited by PKMN12 on June 4, 2015 5:58AM
  • melianos
    melianos
    ✭✭
    Have you not read the hundreds of "ESO Plus isn't worth it" threads on here begging for more benefits?
    Havn't been much on the forums in the last few months, last time I was there the threads were more "OMG P2W you ruined the game !". That was before B2P shift of course :smiley:

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arundo wrote: »
    Getting so tired of these so called experts who seemingly havent played many MMO's. Every MMO has its dry spells of content between major patches/expansions/DLC. The dude at MMORPG does not want to sound like a toddler but he does, I guess ESO is his first ever MMO.

ESO is now over 1 year old, had already some major content updates. Craglorn, Justice System, new Trials and still its not enough for the next generation of "give me more now toddlers".

World of Warcraft launched in 2004, the first major expansion came in 2007 thats 3 years later. ESO still has 2 years to match that.

Stop making up excuses to not wanting play ESO, leave and come back when the game has more to offer for you. As ESO still has alot of things to do for those who are now playing. And stop making these posts to support your reason to quit.

I've been playing MMORPGs since 1997 and this is the buggiest one I've ever played. Take away all the complaints about new content (valid though they may be) and this game still fails on many levels.

Companies think that it's OK now to just rush out software before it's ready and fix all the broken stuff with patches. Well, that works to an extent -- if you actually fix the bugs. ESO has has some of the same bugs since beta and a lot of them show no signs of being fixed.

Not the fault of the programmers, I'm sure they would love more time to iron out their code before releasing it but the suits are the ones making the decisions and their primary concern is investment return, not player satisfaction.

But the end result is the same. Players get frustrated and leave for greener pastures, and right now there are a lot of green pastures to choose from.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arundo wrote: »

Justice system does not actually add any content to endgame.
    no one likes craglorn
    and there are VERY few trials added

WOW added SEVERAL new things all throughout its first year or two years, way more then ESO has. ESO also has to be even better, because it has WAY more competition.