The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP's already! Not a good start for 1.6!

• strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    The title states everything!
    You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Actually they should just rollback any champion points that exceed the 70+ 1 per day formula and reset everyones trees. This doesnt hurt the non cheaters and those who grinded it damn well knew they shouldn't be able too and if they rage quit BONUS!
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Cyrodiil grinding delves and quests on Haderus and i know full well that i gained 3 CP in a couple of hours from being perma enlightened. As this was the first day of 1.6 i wasn't sure how the system worked so i didn't think anything was wrong.

You're saying this is naughty?
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A year from now, someone will buy ESO, install it, roll a level 1 character, get it to 50, and have 0 CP and go PvP against someone with 1000 CP.

Either the CP system has to be balanced for this scenario, or it has to be removed from the game. Worrying about an imbalance is utterly pointless, there will BE imbalance naturally as new players join the game.

*biting my lip here* but ill just say anyone joining a year old game expecting to level and compete with those playing for a year is either drunk, high or mentally unstable.

• strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Stop punishing players for playing . I could less if anyone got more then me . If they put in the time and are stronger for it , good for them . There's always gonna be a gap . That's mmos . There's already a 70 pt for new players vs vr14 . Just the way it goes .

So you believe a cheater who plays 12 hours exploiting gaining 5 times more than someone who played 12 hours just as hard legitimately should be rewarded for said behavior by being allowed to keep their ill gotten gains?
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year from now, someone will buy ESO, install it, roll a level 1 character, get it to 50, and have 0 CP and go PvP against someone with 1000 CP.

Either the CP system has to be balanced for this scenario, or it has to be removed from the game. Worrying about an imbalance is utterly pointless, there will BE imbalance naturally as new players join the game.

*biting my lip here* but ill just say anyone joining a year old game expecting to level and compete with those playing for a year is either drunk, high or mentally unstable.

Agree but you can close the gap in other games. Whether it be grinding to earn x amount of points to upgrade your pvp gear, there's an achievable ceiling. 3600 CP to take years of playtime is not achievable and the power differential is too high and the learn to play curve for PVP in this game is kind of high compared to other MMOs.

My solution is to battle level CP for everyone, forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/156056/champion-point-system-solution
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »
    Easiest thing the do is the ban anyone that used the bug for a minimum of 30 days.

What bug? The one people are crying about that there is no evidence ever actually existed?

Don't comment on things you know nothing about!

The bug did exist I have no idea if it's been fixed now, as of the 08/02/2015 late night hotfix enlightenment only last for 1 CP which is what I've personally experienced, beforehand I personally had enlightenment for 6 CP and I'm telling you, that I know players that had it for 24hrs (confirmed by them)

Go and do you trolling elsewhere!

Oh you know a guy huh? lol

You're not allowed to use "lol" on threads!

No constructive criticism from you I see, just another forum troll!

Can't respond to such a convincing argument. "I know a guy" .... damn, that's hard factual evidence!

Again forum rules you're not allowed to name people! Not my rules but the rules of the forum.

I'm telling you that I had enlightenment for 6 CP straight! And I got enlightenment more than a lot of players I was grinding with. Some players got it more than me, and as I said 1 or 2 had it for 24hrs.

How can I provide evidence I don't have access to?

But as I clearly state some of the players I was grinding with have confirmed they now have a CP rank of 150.

Mine is 96!

If you would like a screenshot of mine I'd gladly provide.

Going forward we need to ask ZOS to find a resolution to this problem, if it did truly exist? And as I state I gained E for 6CP straight, so nothing would surprise me!

As some people including myself suggested raise everyone to 100CP, and the people who have over this, nerf them to 100CP.

Had Enlight for 4 cp's on day 2, 1 Enlight cp on day 3 and 1 Enlight cp on monday morning before maint. the rest i grinded and finished some areas ive been putting off. 106 cp. And you want to roll me back 6 CP?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 9, 2015 4:43PM
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »
    Easiest thing the do is the ban anyone that used the bug for a minimum of 30 days.

What bug? The one people are crying about that there is no evidence ever actually existed?

The bug did exist I have no idea if it's been fixed now, as of the 08/02/2015 late night hotfix enlightenment only last for 1 CP which is what I've personally experienced, beforehand I personally had enlightenment for 6 CP and I'm telling you, that I know players that had it for 24hrs (confirmed by them)

Can't respond to such a convincing argument. "I know a guy" .... damn, that's hard factual evidence!

Again forum rules you're not allowed to name people! Not my rules but the rules of the forum.

I'm telling you that I had enlightenment for 6 CP straight! And I got enlightenment more than a lot of players I was grinding with. Some players got it more than me, and as I said 1 or 2 had it for 24hrs.

But as I clearly state some of the players I was grinding with have confirmed they now have a CP rank of 150.

Mine is 96!

Going forward we need to ask ZOS to find a resolution to this problem, if it did truly exist? And as I state I gained E for 6CP straight, so nothing would surprise me!

As some people including myself suggested raise everyone to 100CP, and the people who have over this, nerf them to 100CP.

Had Enlight for 4 cp's on day 2, 1 Enlight cp on day 3 and 1 Enlight cp on monday morning before maint. the rest i grinded and finished some areas ive been putting off. 106 cp. And you want to roll me back 6 CP?

Instead of jumping the gun why not put constructive input into the discussion.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version and removed response]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 9, 2015 4:43PM
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

You should be able to get relatively close to character power in a reasonable amount of time.

I bought a new account January 4th, leveled a templar to VR14 very quickly (5 days 19hours /played), and geared him well via pvp gear (shadow walker) and crafted sets and was fairly close to the character power of long time VR14s. That is healthy for the game.

NOW we have a situation where not only does a new player need to get to VR14, they will need to accumulate a moving target of CP above and beyond what you can gain leveling VR1-14, just to have an outside chance of closing the character gap in PvP. At the moment you might be fine with 70CP (90CP would be better to get your first 3 30CP passives), but by April-May that number will easily be in the 200-300 range just to compete in mainstream veteran pvp.
    Edited by McDoogs on March 9, 2015 2:17PM
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭

Mine is 96!

Instead of jumping the gun why not put constructive input into the discussion.

Given the information I gave you. Do something with that.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 9, 2015 4:44PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »
    The unlimited E bug has been confirmed by ZOS, it's the reason they removed Cyrodill buffs. From what I could read in other posts, it involved capturing keeps in Cyro or what ever.

So it's pretty much likely that people with that bug went to the catacombs with unlimited E and grinded their *** to more than 200CP.

Pretty sure the keep bonus was removed because of a glitch that allowed you to essentially dupe gold. Never heard of anything affecting E and can't really see how the keep bonuses could do that as they only increase XP, gold and AP gain by a % which might be problematic on it's own but doesn't affect enlightment.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »
    It's been hell just grinding my way to 80 CP... I swear if I get rolled back because of a bunch of whiners I'm going to go apes--t.

So we should leave those with hundreds of CP free to roam around in PvP against those that have 80ish?

Yes. Not that gigantic an advantage anyway, mathematically. And as far as the number of people who might have been able to do it, it's probably under a hundredth of a percent of the total playerbase anyway. Ideal? Nope. But rolling back everyone would be many orders of magnitude worse.

Not that much of an advantage in PvP? Clearly you haven't looked at all the numbers and the passives. Let me introduce you to Cyro one day...

edit: By the way, for the uninitiated, there is a leaderboard in PvP that gives legendary item rewards and there's a "race" for Emperor (in theory) so a small percentage of people having an unfair advantage is a big deal.

He's spent plenty of time in Cyrodiil ;). Look at the numbers and how diminishing returns hit in the champion system quickly and @Attorneyatlawl is completely one hundred percent spot on.

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Given that most builds will reach what they need to have in effectiveness pretty quickly since a lot of bonuses aren't applicable to more than one or two build niches each (I don't need to do 10% more damage with my destruction staff heavy attacks if I'm a stamina 2h user for example) and the chart above.... I rest my case.

Nope

Your insightful rebuttal has won me over. I clearly was wrong. :p

Your case: A player with hundreds of CP (up to 500 potentially) doesn't have a significant advantage over someone with approx 80 in Cyrodiil right now.
    Mine: Nope

It really doesn't require more than that.

Actually, I stated my point which is more along the lines that someone with 500 cp won't be that far behind, proportional to the effort put in to earn, a player with 2000 cp. Please don't put words in others' mouths... ;).

Actually you said, directly, in reply to my question asking whether it was ok to let people with hundreds of CPs roam around in PvP RIGHT NOW against those with approx 80 that, yes, it was ok and wasn't that big a deal.

There was no mention of months down the track, proportional effort or anything of the sort. 500v2000? Are you talking months in the future? That wasn't anything I mentioned but OK. That's more of a semi-viable point but wasn't the one you made. The claim you made was just wrong. So... Nope.

Both are actually true, factually. In actual character power, you are not gaining an advantage so decisive as to make player skill meaningless like you've been asserting, in either situation mathematically. And yes, a month or two from now is much more important instead of complaining about something when it just launched and people haven't leveled out their playing on average over time. The same type of complaints were made about guys reaching vr1-vr10 quickly at launch. A couple of months later it didn't matter because everyone had gotten there or to a close enough point that there wasn't a gigantic, insurmountable difference.

I misremembered what thread I had talked about the immediate CP situation in, but frankly you weren't really contributing to the discussion by simply replying "nope" repeatedly in any case :). If you have something to actually talk about though that I may have missed in the actual numbers, I'd be glad to hear it.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 9, 2015 2:36PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    The unlimited E bug has been confirmed by ZOS, it's the reason they removed Cyrodill buffs. From what I could read in other posts, it involved capturing keeps in Cyro or what ever.

So it's pretty much likely that people with that bug went to the catacombs with unlimited E and grinded their *** to more than 200CP.

Pretty sure the keep bonus was removed because of a glitch that allowed you to essentially dupe gold. Never heard of anything affecting E and can't really see how the keep bonuses could do that as they only increase XP, gold and AP gain by a % which might be problematic on it's own but doesn't affect enlightment.

Here we go again! If it was confirmed by ZOS then it was an issue!
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is it players fault for advancing their characters ? If content rewarded players, there wouldn't be many grinders. This game doesn't reward doing any of the content right now (gear, xp).

I completed Cadwells silver from start to finish over two days this weekend. I had no enlightenment during it and i gained roughly 1.4 cps doing the entire v1-v5 quest line. I think i gained 15 skill points over the span, i did side hubs, i killed stuff, i tried to do the public dungeons but the xp in all these places is terrible. How is this remotely right ? 10+ hours of questing = 1 hour of grinding anything in your lvl range mindlessly. This is why no one wants to play the game.

i could make 2 alts and lvl them to v14 this year, and gain like 150 cps. Or i could spend a week slaughtering wasps and welwa's running circles and get the same reward.
    Edited by Valnas on March 9, 2015 2:36PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title states everything!

What's the official word on this from ZOS?

The people with 250+ CP's are going to be far OP'd compared to everyone else!

You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!

It's going to get out of hand!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Certain players or characters will always be more powerful than others. Would you like if Zenimax decided all DKs need to be rolled back into Sorcerers because players were exploiting DKs being imbalanced and extremely over powered through out 1.3 - 1.5?

It is essentially the same thing. Zenimax makes mistakes and release the game with flaws. Players explore those flaws. Calling certain flaws exploits and others just "balance issues" is ridiculous; rolling back CPs would be pathetic.

And no, I am not one of the guys with 250+ CPs.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

This^ keep bonuses didnt effect E at all.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »

This will be true no matter what kind of advancement system you will incorporate. Be it level cap increase, new raids (item progression), champion points, love potions or whatever.

Someone who played a year longer is always going to be progressed further. Stop taking up that argument, it proves nothing except the thoughtlessness of the poster.

If you criticise the champion point system, then criticise that the advancement is too steep in the beginning (lets say up to 1080 points, the moment you could have all passives), meaning that the benefits are actually to large per individual CP. The logarithmic progression (commonly known as "diminishing returns") is to drawn out with the way the passives are structured.

Change the passives to come in effect at 10/20/40/75 points and make the 75-pointer always something not combat related but convenience related. that would flatten out the progression curve and make it much easier for newcomers to become competitive.

I agree that this is the way to go. The champion system isn't bottom-heavy enough in the power gains, even though it's nowhere remotely as bad as people on the current forum train claim. Progression and character development is an inherent part of RPG titles, and that only is moreso the case in an MMORPG. If you are looking for pure, raw balance in terms of the math for a fresh day one player versus someone who's played for years, this isn't the right genre.

Even FPS games nowadays wouldn't be, really, due to unlocks of better vehicles and weapons :p. You'd have to go back to games like UT99 or Quake III to find that, and even then simply having played longer, the person will have better knowledge of the maps, strategies, sight lines in various tactical positions, and the weapons anyway. Life isn't balanced, and you can't really make a game "balanced" ever either unless you handicap anyone more skilled than you severely by some artificial means.
    DDuke wrote: »
    All playstyles were covered, and you were never forced to play 24/7 just to keep up with the other guy. You didn't feel like a loser, if you one day went to RP in a tavern or something (and ended up with less CP than others as a result).

The fix isn't to force everyone to go do X activity to grind out their "daily champion points limit". The solution is to raise other ways of gaining XP to better parity so that it is viable to do what you want such as PVP, trials, dragonstar arena, etc. and still gain solid xp towards your champion levels.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 9, 2015 2:42PM

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but feel that the same types of people who want rollbacks are just like the people who think it's ok to tell kids to be sure "not to score too much" in a sport.

CP not working properly is ZOS's problem and rollbacks aren't the solution, they need to address how CP is earned and what they intended with Enlightenment Vs. what actually happened. Enlightenment needs to either be chucked out the window completely and the CP cost lowered or it needs to be on a visible timer on the UI so that everyone knows when it is supposed to be available and how much it is worth (though those of us who use the forums know, 1 cp per day).

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

Well this is where ZOS need to speak up so everyone doesn't assume!
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

Well this is where ZOS need to speak up so everyone doesn't assume!

Transparency is not ZOS's strong suit
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It never was confirmed by ZOS. Unless someone can link where it supposedly was confirmed, because I sure can't find it in the Dev tracker. Pretty sure this is just another rumour, just like the 250+ CP is a rumour. Knowing the only reason to possibly grind that much would be to show off, it would have been posted somewhere if it was the case.
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but feel that the same types of people who want rollbacks are just like the people who think it's ok to tell kids to be sure "not to score too much" in a sport.

CP not working properly is ZOS's problem and rollbacks aren't the solution, they need to address how CP is earned and what they intended with Enlightenment Vs. what actually happened. Enlightenment needs to either be chucked out the window completely and the CP cost lowered or it needs to be on a visible timer on the UI so that everyone knows when it is supposed to be available and how much it is worth (though those of us who use the forums know, 1 cp per day).

How can you even make that assumption? That people that call for rollbacks would tell anyone anything in real life you sir are deluded!

This is a discussion, do you know the difference between discussion and an order?

It's about getting every players input and from that a solution can be derived.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It never was confirmed by ZOS. Unless someone can link where it supposedly was confirmed, because I sure can't find it in the Dev tracker. Pretty sure this is just another rumour, just like the 250+ CP is a rumour. Knowing the only reason to possibly grind that much would be to show off, it would have been posted somewhere if it was the case.

Quoted for emphasis. The only bug I've heard of as far as a positive gain thing is some people getting permanent enlightenment (many also are getting "fake" enlightenment and then are rolled back when they log back in later to much less xp than they thought they had earned because the game was showing them they had it), but you couldn't do anything to cause it, you just had it or you didn't. I've heard nothing at all relating to Cyrodiil on the champion system whatsoever.

This whole thing seems like an old-fashioned Salem Witch Trial.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 9, 2015 2:50PM

✭✭✭✭✭

Oh for pete's sake --- ZoS did sepak up. The patch notes clearly state they were separate issues, an exploit with the Keeps in Cyrodill being one, and more enligtenment than intended being another. Patch was to fix both things.

As far as who got how many CPs as a result of either issue, to the point were they should instill a roll back or some sort of punshment is the topic of the thead.
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime you have an exploit or glitch that is abused to gain a large competitive advantage over other players who didn't abuse it, in this case CPs and enlightenment gain, then you must address and eliminate the ill gotten gains from the exploit or glitch or else it can undermine the integrity of fair play.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mine is 96!

Had Enlight for 4 cp's on day 2, 1 Enlight cp on day 3 and 1 Enlight cp on monday morning before maint. the rest i grinded and finished some areas ive been putting off. 106 cp. And you want to roll me back 6 CP? Fack off.

Your Enlightenment wasn't bugged, nobody is asking for your points to be revoked, people just ask for players who got toons CP through Enlightenment exploit to be rollbacked.
    Edited by TehMagnus on March 9, 2015 2:58PM
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    It would only be fair to remove the ill gotten gains and illegitimate advantages from the exploit, which would be redistributive in nature. Another potential way to be fair here is to give all player accounts 200 CPs so as no one has a distinctive unfair advantage due to the exploit. I call it Rawlsian Justice as Fairness.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this discussion is why conspiracy theories exist. Is there anyone who even themselves know someone who allegedly has "infinite E" and not just the display bug where they think they have it but they don't?

Poor souls if they grinded 100 points only to realise they got rolled back to 25 upon relog.

Anyway, keep bonus stacking could have potentially increased the base XP but could never in any way affect "E". If this happened an entire campaign population should however have noticed getting insane amounts of XP?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    All playstyles were covered, and you were never forced to play 24/7 just to keep up with the other guy. You didn't feel like a loser, if you one day went to RP in a tavern or something (and ended up with less CP than others as a result).

The fix isn't to force everyone to go do X activity to grind out their "daily champion points limit". The solution is to raise other ways of gaining XP to better parity so that it is viable to do what you want such as PVP, trials, dragonstar arena, etc. and still gain solid xp towards your champion levels.

You are right, that is not the ideal fix to the situation.

However, turning things that you previously did because you enjoyed them into tedious grinds isn't the fix either.

I don't want to play a game where player's worth & power is determined by how many times a day they complete Trials or DSA, or how many hours they put into PvPing.

In an ideal world, those hours would go into progressing in difficult PvE raids or trying to get into the top of a PvP arena leaderboard. That is my idea of fun, grinding (whether it is Skyreach Catacombs or DSA we're talking about) is not, and I'm sure many people agree with my sentiments.
    Edited by DDuke on March 9, 2015 4:54PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    While we don't want to discount anyone's reports, we are finding that there are currently no players with more than 150 Champion Points. We're going to close this thread as we don't allow spreading of misinformation, but if you see anyone that currently has more than 150 Champion Points in-game, please send in a report so we can investigate. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.