The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP's already! Not a good start for 1.6!

• ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Xjcon wrote: »
    If some people managed to grind for 4 straight days, who the heck are you to say they should lose their points? You have the option to do such things but chose not to. This idea of a roll back is absurd, if I lose my 7 or 8 CP I've currently got I will unsub uninstall and never look back at another zos/Bethesda game again.

The infinite enlightenment bug was not available to everyone to exploit.

Similarly, the no enlightenment bug was not available for everyone to suffer.

The "option to do such things" that you speak of did not exist for most people.

Obviously this person is referring to the option of playing the game for 4 days straight - which has not to do with the bug issue. Some people were not permanently enlightened this past few days -- as you point out --- yet have played tons because that is just what they do. They have been able to earn quite a few CPs as rightly they should have for playing that much already. A roll back to include what they earned without exploiting anything is not acceptable.

LOL!!

They were grinding because of the bug.

Most people went off to do other things (like work/eat/sleep/pvp/dungeons etc) when enlightenment ran out. Those exploiting the bug milked it for all it was worth while it lasted because they knew ZOS are limp on issues like this and would likely not take action.

These arguments are ludicrous. Infinite enlightenment bug bro?

No. I know plenty of people in game that play this way all the time because they have the time. Not complicated. They are not PvP players and did not set foot anyplace near the Keep exploit in Cyrodill or grind anything in Craglorn. Playing the game for hours on end is now and exploit too? Get a grip.

If they didn't exploit the enlightenment bug then they won't have hundreds of CP. No problem if ZOS picks a cap of, say, 100 CP and lops any over that amount. Yeah?

Grinding was not the problem. I have no issue with anyone grinding Skyreach 24/7 if they were so inclined and I think the blanket nerf was stupid. That's not the issue we're talking about. If you read the name of the thread, perhaps, if not the OP then you might understand the point being discussed.
    I understand the point and have addressed here and elsewhere. If people stopped conflating everything to the same issue and we might get someplace.

Maybe you made valid points elsewhere but you'll forgive me for confusing your points when you're talking in a thread solely about the topic of the enlightenment bug (not grinding) when defending the rights of grinders in general. Or something... I was talking about those grinding whilst exploiting the bug only because, well, that's the topic of the thread.

Grinding in general is another matter and, for what it's worth, something I have no issue with.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can only get one CP point while enlightened now so the exploit is over. As soon as you get the one CP while in enlightenment it ends shortly there after. To get additional CP you need 400,000 xp or wait 24 hours to get enlightened again for a fairly quick CP point.
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't roll anyone back, who's to say what was earned legit or not. That's why in MMO's there's the saying "exploit early, exploit often".
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A year from now, someone will buy ESO, install it, roll a level 1 character, get it to 50, and have 0 CP and go PvP against someone with 1000 CP.

Either the CP system has to be balanced for this scenario, or it has to be removed from the game. Worrying about an imbalance is utterly pointless, there will BE imbalance naturally as new players join the game.

A year from now there'll be convenient P2W items to help close the gap... ;)
    Options
  • geofhob14_ESO
    geofhob14_ESO
    ✭✭
    The hotfix clearly only applies to people who have actually working EL (e.g. not perma EL status). Also the hot fix doesn't help people with bugged EL (e.g. EL doesn't stay active after using wayshrine, or other variations of EL bugs).
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Who are these people talking about "miniscule differences" and "how it's not a big deal"?

Of course, they are those who exploited it.

Options
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    800cp with exploit on cyrodill giving players unlimited enlightment

Not a big deal?

Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiskyBob wrote: »

Not a big deal?

Post a screen shot of the 800 cp, maybe .that will get Zeni's attention
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiskyBob wrote: »

Not a big deal?

lol 800 cp now eh? man this lie grows every few minutes
    Options
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    Xjcon wrote: »
    If some people managed to grind for 4 straight days, who the heck are you to say they should lose their points? You have the option to do such things but chose not to. This idea of a roll back is absurd, if I lose my 7 or 8 CP I've currently got I will unsub uninstall and never look back at another zos/Bethesda game again.

no great loss. in fact. more incentive for them to do it imo.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
    Options
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :
    Is any CP rebalance going to take place specially having in mind some players got a huge amount of CP by exploiting a system bug?
    Are they going to be allowed to keep those CP, while players who did and didn't exploited the bug are getting nerfed alike?

And I really hope you fix it and have a little respect for players who didn't exploit.

Options
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one has 250 lol.

Suru
    Options
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since CP is only a game breaker in pvp, can we have a CP free server in Pvp. I want to stay relevant without spending 10-15 hours a week on this game.
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Since CP is only a game breaker in pvp, can we have a CP free server in Pvp. I want to stay relevant without spending 10-15 hours a week on this game.

I support that. The CS for PvP is imho a bad addition. For PvE however I do like the CS.
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 76 :(
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    So I heard it was 100+, then a day later it went up to 120+, a couple days after that...150+, then a couple more after that it's up to 250, and now I see someone saying it's 800?

No one can be sure what it is or what it isn't, ZOS did mention this at the bottom of the Hotfix notes, "In addition, we have identified an exploitable bug and, as a result, have temporarily disabled all Keep bonuses in Cyrodiil. "

So something might have happened and I'm sure ZOS is looking into the players that were all part of this and probably gonna do something about it and if they don't, well, that's there call.

And yes, to me, some of it sounds like people are trolling.
    Edited by Petros on March 9, 2015 8:49AM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
    Options
  • Xelphos
    Xelphos
    ✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    The title states everything!

What's the official word on this from ZOS?

The people with 250+ CP's are going to be far OP'd compared to everyone else!

You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!

It's going to get out of hand!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Back to 70 is a bit harsh, I have 87 CP from grinding, but not from abusing the Enlightenment Clutch. But a roll back on those who do have more than 150-200 for sure, as even those who grinded properly would not have more than 150-200.
    Edited by Xelphos on March 9, 2015 9:08AM
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    even with the enlightenment i been playing all day and made like 7 cp all day with pretty much constant effort so it seems fine to me. also if they roll back im done too much effort to start over if i wanted to start over in a game i'd go back to wiping memory cards on a gen 1 console
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    you dont need to grind propperly if people exploited stuff with enemy keep bonus exp stacking and 1 mob gives you 10k exp. Happened on NA serverzzzzzzz.
    Edited by Alcast on March 9, 2015 9:20AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    even with the enlightenment i been playing all day and made like 7 cp all day with pretty much constant effort so it seems fine to me. also if they roll back im done too much effort to start over if i wanted to start over in a game i'd go back to wiping memory cards on a gen 1 console

I personally experienced 1 CP every 10 mins with enlightenment.

= 6 CP per hour

6 * 24 = 144

So if someone pulled an all nighter it would've been possible to grind 144 CP per 24 Hours

BTW this is not what I made! My enlightenment ran out after 4 CP

Edited by SC0TY999 on March 9, 2015 9:38AM
    Options
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    But But?? There's nowhere left to grind?
    Options
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year from now, someone will buy ESO, install it, roll a level 1 character, get it to 50, and have 0 CP and go PvP against someone with 1000 CP.

Either the CP system has to be balanced for this scenario, or it has to be removed from the game. Worrying about an imbalance is utterly pointless, there will BE imbalance naturally as new players join the game.
    This will be true no matter what kind of advancement system you will incorporate. Be it level cap increase, new raids (item progression), champion points, love potions or whatever.

Someone who played a year longer is always going to be progressed further. Stop taking up that argument, it proves nothing except the thoughtlessness of the poster.

If you criticise the champion point system, then criticise that the advancement is too steep in the beginning (lets say up to 1080 points, the moment you could have all passives), meaning that the benefits are actually to large per individual CP. The logarithmic progression (commonly known as "diminishing returns") is to drawn out with the way the passives are structured.

Change the passives to come in effect at 10/20/40/75 points and make the 75-pointer always something not combat related but convenience related. that would flatten out the progression curve and make it much easier for newcomers to become competitive.
    Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »

This will be true no matter what kind of advancement system you will incorporate. Be it level cap increase, new raids (item progression), champion points, love potions or whatever.

Someone who played a year longer is always going to be progressed further. Stop taking up that argument, it proves nothing except the thoughtlessness of the poster.

If you criticise the champion point system, then criticise that the advancement is too steep in the beginning (lets say up to 1080 points, the moment you could have all passives), meaning that the benefits are actually to large per individual CP. The logarithmic progression (commonly known as "diminishing returns") is to drawn out with the way the passives are structured.

Change the passives to come in effect at 10/20/40/75 points and make the 75-pointer always something not combat related but convenience related. that would flatten out the progression curve and make it much easier for newcomers to become competitive.

Thoughtlessness! Don't make me laugh I'm one of the ones who will be playing a lot more than others!

My CP rank is already 96

You're missing the bigger picture that the people that had bugged enlightenment are leaps and bounds in front of everyone else (that's the reason behind this post) and will be impossible to catch, even with my usual 14 hours a day online!
    Options
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭

You think that's normal that the new player can not ever catch up the old player ? In other systeme like we see in all others mmos, a new player can catch up his late in 2/3 month. Here we are talking about many many years !

New players will be excluded of all the content of PvE/PvP HM/HL for several years. That's normal ?

And, ok let's make the system ensure that with 75 points you can be competitive. What can we do with the 3525 others point ? Hm ?
    Edited by Hexyl on March 9, 2015 10:24AM
    Options
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snippy
    snip
    Thoughtlessness! Don't make me laugh I'm one of the ones who will be playing a lot more than others!

My CP rank is already 96

You're missing the bigger picture that the people that had bugged enlightenment are leaps and bounds in front of everyone else (that's the reason behind this post) and will be impossible to catch, even with my usual 14 hours a day online!
    +1 for reading comprehension. My reply and the post it related to had nothing to do with "bugged enlightenment" or grinders progressing faster than questers or PvPers or RPers.

I have no experience in regards to the "bugged enlightenment", have made a glorious 5 CP since the patch hit and - foremost - am completely okay with people progressing faster.

I also said that a sensible, intelligent and goal-oriented change request to the CP system would be to adjust the diminishment of bonuses for each consecutive CP.

But okay, I understand that you need to rant. Go on.

EDIT for other reply in between:
    You think that's normal that the new player can not ever catch up the old player ? In other systeme like we see in all others mmos, a new player can catch up his late in 2/3 month. Here we are talking about many many years !

New players will be excluded of all the content of PvE/PvP HM/HL for several years. That's normal ?

And, ok let's make the system ensure that with 75 points you can be competitive. What can we do with the 3525 others point ? Hm ?
    I have limited experience with just two other MMOs played other than ESO, with 5 years WOW and 3 years LOTRO. My experience in those is that the two to three month to catch up may have been true with the initial release, but as soon as the first level cap increases (or expansions) were released, this time progressively increased.

I started LOTRO long after it went F2P (or, more accurate, P2W) and spent quite some effort (money and time) to catch up. I never made it in the three years, mainly because of the item gap. And that is for a game that arguably had very good crafted gear and as usual I maxed my crafting pretty quick.

Again, there are players much more dedicated than I am and those will be able to catch up way faster, but these players will also achieve this with ESO's CP system.

As to your second question, what to do with the "remaining CP": the numbers I gave were in relation to a single sign, meaning that the last passive will come into play after you have spend 9*75=675 CP instead of 9*120=1080 CP. You still get the added point bonuses for each CP you distribute as well as the additional health/stam/magicka. You just don't earn anymore passives, arguably the biggest single leaps you get in the CP system.

If the 40-point passives are the highest "combat related" ones, you would have all the "necessary" leaps after 9*40=360 CP or a tenth of the total amount available. At 5 CP a day, you are still looking at 72 days or two and a half month, but that is (as per your own words) okay.

If you are able to fairly quickly get these leaps active that are combat related, you are in a similar position as with the other games: you are looking at a few months until you are in a position that makes you as a player at least competitive, you can partake at the endgame even if not as well as the player that has been at it for some years.
    Edited by Keron on March 9, 2015 10:41AM
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    set everybodies cp to 95 regardless if they have more or less and install a CP/day cap
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    snippy
    snip

My CP rank is already 96

+1 for reading comprehension. My reply and the post it related to had nothing to do with "bugged enlightenment" or grinders progressing faster than questers or PvPers or RPers.

I have no experience in regards to the "bugged enlightenment", have made a glorious 5 CP since the patch hit and - foremost - am completely okay with people progressing faster.

I also said that a sensible, intelligent and goal-oriented change request to the CP system would be to adjust the diminishment of bonuses for each consecutive CP.

But okay, I understand that you need to rant. Go on.

It's not about ranting, it's about you jumping out your pram to give your 2 cents worth!

Did you care to read the title of the post? I think not so I'll post it again especially for you ;)

"Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP already! Not a good start for 1.6!"

You jumped straight in there by calling the original poster thoughtless!

When it's other commenters that have taken this out of context, this is a genuine post about the launch state of the CP system.

Options
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    just make a CP leaderboard like pvp&trial that show ''character and cp earned'' all can see who exploited and how much he exploited, you set a -tatalCPs to those players, you fix enlightned or remove it from the game and all can continue playing without any other problems.
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
    Options
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snips

It's not about ranting, it's about you jumping out your pram to give your 2 cents worth!

Did you care to read the title of the post? I think not so I'll post it again especially for you ;)

"Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP already! Not a good start for 1.6!"

When it's other commenters that have taken this out of context, this is a genuine post about the launch state of the CP system.
    @SC0TY999

I have taken up a concern that comes up in any and every thread relating to 1.6 and the CP system. This concern is the fallacious assumption that the CP system is in essence different from - or worse than - any other "advancement system". Especially since that argument is used to justify the claim to limiting the freedom of others (i.e. grinders) to play the way they want.

I also mentioned that the progression curve is not really at a point it needs to be right now. A more flattened progression curve will also help with the issue of people exploiting the bugged enlightenment, as that will very much limit the effectiveness of it.

Furthermore, this thread mentions several times that for some players, the "bugged enlightenment" was a purely UI related effect, in the sense that the "enlightened CP" earned by it were not usable and disappeared after relogging. I reserve judgement on this issue until we have more clarity as to what happened.

Finally, I will mention that I did not by any means tag the issue of "bugged enlightenment" as a thoughtless rant, I called the argument that the CP system is worse than - or different from - other progression systems as one making its facilitator look thoughtless. Big difference.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    snips

@SC0TY999

I have taken up a concern that comes up in any and every thread relating to 1.6 and the CP system. This concern is the fallacious assumption that the CP system is in essence different from - or worse than - any other "advancement system". Especially since that argument is used to justify the claim to limiting the freedom of others (i.e. grinders) to play the way they want.

Except that it is worse than any other "advancement system" I've seen in a MMO.

The one who grinds the most wins - does this sound like a fun system to you?

You mentioned earlier you played WoW for 5 years.
    Then you should probably know what a good "advancement system" looks like.

You had your Horizontal Progression in form of talent trees, and Vertical character progression via gear.

Gear could be obtained by raiding, PvPing or grinding faction reputations.

All playstyles were covered, and you were never forced to play 24/7 just to keep up with the other guy. You didn't feel like a loser, if you one day went to RP in a tavern or something (and ended up with less CP than others as a result).
    Edited by DDuke on March 9, 2015 11:54AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.