The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP's already! Not a good start for 1.6!

• ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »
    It's been hell just grinding my way to 80 CP... I swear if I get rolled back because of a bunch of whiners I'm going to go apes--t.

So we should leave those with hundreds of CP free to roam around in PvP against those that have 80ish?

Yes. Not that gigantic an advantage anyway, mathematically. And as far as the number of people who might have been able to do it, it's probably under a hundredth of a percent of the total playerbase anyway. Ideal? Nope. But rolling back everyone would be many orders of magnitude worse.

Not that much of an advantage in PvP? Clearly you haven't looked at all the numbers and the passives. Let me introduce you to Cyro one day...

edit: By the way, for the uninitiated, there is a leaderboard in PvP that gives legendary item rewards and there's a "race" for Emperor (in theory) so a small percentage of people having an unfair advantage is a big deal.

He's spent plenty of time in Cyrodiil ;). Look at the numbers and how diminishing returns hit in the champion system quickly and @Attorneyatlawl is completely one hundred percent spot on.

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Given that most builds will reach what they need to have in effectiveness pretty quickly since a lot of bonuses aren't applicable to more than one or two build niches each (I don't need to do 10% more damage with my destruction staff heavy attacks if I'm a stamina 2h user for example) and the chart above.... I rest my case.

Nope

Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's been hell just grinding my way to 80 CP... I swear if I get rolled back because of a bunch of whiners I'm going to go apes--t.

So we should leave those with hundreds of CP free to roam around in PvP against those that have 80ish?

Yes. Not that gigantic an advantage anyway, mathematically. And as far as the number of people who might have been able to do it, it's probably under a hundredth of a percent of the total playerbase anyway. Ideal? Nope. But rolling back everyone would be many orders of magnitude worse.

Not that much of an advantage in PvP? Clearly you haven't looked at all the numbers and the passives. Let me introduce you to Cyro one day...

edit: By the way, for the uninitiated, there is a leaderboard in PvP that gives legendary item rewards and there's a "race" for Emperor (in theory) so a small percentage of people having an unfair advantage is a big deal.

He's spent plenty of time in Cyrodiil ;). Look at the numbers and how diminishing returns hit in the champion system quickly and @Attorneyatlawl is completely one hundred percent spot on.

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Given that most builds will reach what they need to have in effectiveness pretty quickly since a lot of bonuses aren't applicable to more than one or two build niches each (I don't need to do 10% more damage with my destruction staff heavy attacks if I'm a stamina 2h user for example) and the chart above.... I rest my case.

Nope

Your insightful rebuttal has won me over. I clearly was wrong. :p
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Nope

Because it's rabbit season?
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Sure, those diminishing returns might make the difference small, if player A who grinded 105 Champion Points was always only 35 points ahead of player B.

The problem is that player A will be 50% ahead of player B, not a set amount of Points.

And I'm being generous with the percentages btw :smiley:

See the difference between 750 & 500 I posted above.

That difference is bigger than any gear set in game could grant you (in fact, it's more power than most raid gear grants in other MMOs), and it is solely awarded to the person who grinds the most.

Good game design? Doubtful. But hey, atleast they'll sell tons of XP boosters...
    Options
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Nope

Your case: A player with hundreds of CP (up to 500 potentially) doesn't have a significant advantage over someone with approx 80 in Cyrodiil right now.
    Mine: Nope

It really doesn't require more than that.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Sure, those diminishing returns might make the difference small, if player A who grinded 105 Champion Points was always only 35 points ahead of player B.

The problem is that player A will be 50% ahead of player B, not a set amount of Points.

That difference is bigger than any gear set in game could grant you (in fact, it's more power than most raid gear grants in other MMOs), and it is solely awarded to the person who grinds the most.

Good game design? Doubtful. But hey, atleast they'll sell tons of XP boosters...

You really want them to sell XP potions don't you? I mean, you've been asking for them in nearly every thread I've seen you in for months. I don't get it, what's so hard about actually playing the game?

Anyway, in all seriousness, the curve should be sharper. It's not linear, but it gets close at times. The first 10-20 CP in a star need to take you most of the way towards that bonus' cap so that the players that are dumping 400 points in the system don't break everything egregiously.
    Edited by starkerealm on March 8, 2015 5:23PM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

You really want them to sell XP potions don't you? I mean, you've been asking for them in nearly every thread I've seen you in for months. I don't get it, what's so hard about actually playing the game?

Anyway, in all seriousness, the curve should be sharper. It's not linear, but it gets close at times. The first 10-20 CP in a star need to take you most of the way towards that bonus' cap so that the players that are dumping 400 points in the system don't break everything egregiously.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I want the complete opposite :neutral:

Just pointing out why they're P2W.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Nope

Your case: A player with hundreds of CP (up to 500 potentially) doesn't have a significant advantage over someone with approx 80 in Cyrodiil right now.

Actually, I stated my point which is more along the lines that someone with 500 cp won't be that far behind, proportional to the effort put in to earn, a player with 2000 cp. Please don't put words in others' mouths... ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently HAVE the perma enlightement bug but all i got in tree days is 3 champion points.... (i play 1 and a half hour a day...)
    Signature

Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system needs to be roll back, just not all the way to 70.

Everyone with >110 CP has abused some sort of exploit, if you account for 4 CP/day plus extra for particularly long grinding. Hell some people have gotten hardly any enlightenment are still only 3-5 CP in.

And don't call BS on not have unlimited enlightenment, I know people that did. 70K/8mins at a Craglorn grind and you see that some people are way in front towards game-altering passives.

It isn't just the single player advantages, it is WHOLE groups that have abused this bug. How is one Guild v Guild going to go when one group has 250 CP and the other only has 100.
    Edited by Dyride on March 8, 2015 5:34PM
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. JaJaLuka
      JaJaLuka
      ✭✭✭✭
      Since the patch I have experienced the most buggy game play during my time in this game.

The first few days I saw my characters getting constantly rolled back every time enlightenment ran out meaning I couldn't get past CP rank 71.

But then the system decided to do an all out backflip and I have had enlightenment constantly for the last day and a half.

I'm still afraid that when it does finally run out I'll get sent right back to 71 CP, but I'll have to wait and see.
      Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
      Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
      Brunack, EP DK PC NA
      General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
      Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
      Others...
      Options
    2. prototypefb
      prototypefb
      ✭✭✭✭
      there should be some weekly adjusted CP caps to control this.
      7 enlightenment per week max, would roughly translate into 50 CP cap per week.
      i'm sure ZOS can find a way to cap weekly/monthly CP to prevent such nasty exploitations.

whoever have reached 120+ CP(or amount impossible to achieve without exploit withink 3 days) already should have their CP reset to 0, and ofc exploit should be dealt with asap...

Instant action is needed, and make those people example.... small price to pay for exploits anyway
      Options
    3. Xjcon
      Xjcon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If some people managed to grind for 4 straight days, who the heck are you to say they should lose their points? You have the option to do such things but chose not to. This idea of a roll back is absurd, if I lose my 7 or 8 CP I've currently got I will unsub uninstall and never look back at another zos/Bethesda game again.
      Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
      Jcon V16 Orc DK
      Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
      Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
      Options
    4. ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Actually, yes.

6VHGAVI.png

Nope

Actually, I stated my point which is more along the lines that someone with 500 cp won't be that far behind, proportional to the effort put in to earn, a player with 2000 cp. Please don't put words in others' mouths... ;).

Actually you said, directly, in reply to my question asking whether it was ok to let people with hundreds of CPs roam around in PvP RIGHT NOW against those with approx 80 that, yes, it was ok and wasn't that big a deal.

There was no mention of months down the track, proportional effort or anything of the sort. 500v2000? Are you talking months in the future? That wasn't anything I mentioned but OK. That's more of a semi-viable point but wasn't the one you made. The claim you made was just wrong. So... Nope.
      Edited by ferzalrwb17_ESO on March 8, 2015 5:43PM
      Options
    5. olemanwinter
      olemanwinter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This game is going to be unplayable in a matter of weeks. This is a catastrophe.

They made the power of CP system too great and foolishly thought they could limit the grinding. Compounded by bugs, they VASTLY underestimated the CP gain.

CP System is killing this game as I type this.
      Edited by olemanwinter on March 8, 2015 5:48PM
      Options
    6. ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Xjcon wrote: »
      If some people managed to grind for 4 straight days, who the heck are you to say they should lose their points? You have the option to do such things but chose not to. This idea of a roll back is absurd, if I lose my 7 or 8 CP I've currently got I will unsub uninstall and never look back at another zos/Bethesda game again.

The infinite enlightenment bug was not available to everyone to exploit.

Similarly, the no enlightenment bug was not available for everyone to suffer.

The "option to do such things" that you speak of did not exist for most people.

Options
    7. Digiman
      Digiman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SC0TY999 wrote: »
      The title states everything!

What's the official word on this from ZOS?

The people with 250+ CP's are going to be far OP'd compared to everyone else!

You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!

It's going to get out of hand!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

HOW? I looked at the system on the PTS and tested it 250 CP will max 2 and half slots.

Even then at most its around 23% from an already gimped stat. You not one shotting anyone and you not an emperor either. But its up to ZoS to decide that.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter to me I will get to that level if I put the work in.
      Options
    8. Soulshine
      Soulshine
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously this person is referring to the option of playing the game for 4 days straight - which has not to do with the bug issue. Some people were not permanently enlightened this past few days -- as you point out --- yet have played tons because that is just what they do. They have been able to earn quite a few CPs as rightly they should have for playing that much already. A roll back to include what they earned without exploiting anything is not acceptable.
      Options
    9. starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Then stop devaluing the meaning of "pay to win" by trying to claim the cosmetic items are as well... or, was that someone else?
      Options
    10. ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Soulshine wrote: »

Obviously this person is referring to the option of playing the game for 4 days straight - which has not to do with the bug issue. Some people were not permanently enlightened this past few days -- as you point out --- yet have played tons because that is just what they do. They have been able to earn quite a few CPs as rightly they should have for playing that much already. A roll back to include what they earned without exploiting anything is not acceptable.

LOL!!

They were grinding because of the bug.

Most people went off to do other things (like work/eat/sleep/pvp/dungeons etc) when enlightenment ran out. Those exploiting the bug milked it for all it was worth while it lasted because they knew ZOS are limp on issues like this and would likely not take action.

These arguments are ludicrous. Infinite enlightenment bug bro?
      Options
    11. TequilaFire
      TequilaFire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If CP were awarded for drama queens some of us would be at max already.
      Please leave my lousy 5 CP I have earned over the last few days alone!
      Edited by TequilaFire on March 8, 2015 6:18PM
      Options
    12. Soulshine
      Soulshine
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!!

Most people went off to do other things (like work/eat/sleep/pvp/dungeons etc) when enlightenment ran out. Those exploiting the bug milked it for all it was worth while it lasted because they knew ZOS are limp on issues like this and would likely not take action.

No. I know plenty of people in game that play this way all the time because they have the time. Not complicated. They are not PvP players and did not set foot anyplace near the Keep exploit in Cyrodill or grind anything in Craglorn. Playing the game for hours on end is now and exploit too? Get a grip.
      Options
    13. SC0TY999
      SC0TY999
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hmm. Math.

Start with 70 CP. OP says 250. So these people have acquired 180 CP.

180/3 days= 60 CP per day
      60/24 = 2.5 CP per hour

So OP you are saying that some people had permanent enlightenment and have grinded for 72 hours straight, at a rate of 2.5 CP per hour?

Screenshot plz, seems implausible.

While enlightened I was making 1 CP per 10 mins no lie!
      Options
    14. SC0TY999
      SC0TY999
      ✭✭✭✭

Well said!

These PvE'rs aren't accustomed to PvP which is why there trolling!

On another note, stating roll everyone back to 70 is a bit extreme why not boost everyone to 100 and roll back anyone over that as they weren't made fairly that's for sure!
      Options
    15. DDuke
      DDuke
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Then stop devaluing the meaning of "pay to win" by trying to claim the cosmetic items are as well... or, was that someone else?

Someone else, I'm afraid.

Though I'd prefer being able to get these cosmetic items by playing the game, I couldn't care less if someone has a fancy pet or a mount.
      Options
    16. starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Someone else, I'm afraid.

Though I'd prefer being able to get these cosmetic items by playing the game, I couldn't care less if someone has a fancy pet or a mount.

Well, crap. Now what am I supposed to do with all this misdirected rage?
      Options
    17. ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!!

No. I know plenty of people in game that play this way all the time because they have the time. Not complicated. They are not PvP players and did not set foot anyplace near the Keep exploit in Cyrodill or grind anything in Craglorn. Playing the game for hours on end is now and exploit too? Get a grip.

If they didn't exploit the enlightenment bug then they won't have hundreds of CP. No problem if ZOS picks a cap of, say, 100 CP and lops any over that amount. Yeah?

Grinding was not the problem. I have no issue with anyone grinding Skyreach 24/7 if they were so inclined and I think the blanket nerf was stupid. That's not the issue we're talking about. If you read the name of the thread, perhaps, if not the OP then you might understand the point being discussed.

Options
    18. ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ferzalrwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SC0TY999 wrote: »

Well said!

These PvE'rs aren't accustomed to PvP which is why there trolling!

On another note, stating roll everyone back to 70 is a bit extreme why not boost everyone to 100 and roll back anyone over that as they weren't made fairly that's for sure!

This is the solution I favour (100 sounds good for one off the cuff but I'm sure it can be calculated properly). Start even again but don't penalise anyone who didn't exploit the bug.

Options
    19. Soulshine
      Soulshine
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!!

If they didn't exploit the enlightenment bug then they won't have hundreds of CP. No problem if ZOS picks a cap of, say, 100 CP and lops any over that amount. Yeah?

Grinding was not the problem. I have no issue with anyone grinding Skyreach 24/7 if they were so inclined and I think the blanket nerf was stupid. That's not the issue we're talking about. If you read the name of the thread, perhaps, if not the OP then you might understand the point being discussed.
      I understand the point and have addressed here and elsewhere. If people stopped conflating everything to the same issue and we might get someplace.
      Options
    20. starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If people stopped conflating everything to the same issue and we might get someplace.

That's kind of a general truth about life, though, isn't it?
      Options
    This discussion has been closed.