The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

champion points

Leon119
Leon119
✭✭✭✭
isnt it kinda unfair for people who were playing more just getting ready for champion system to get points by grinding characters to vr14 or just in general playing more to just get 30 points for having at least 1 vr character ?
all that work and time spent playing wasted. gee thnx...
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. They need a starting point somewhere and its better than putting it in and everyone just starting at 0.
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ESO Live webcast isn't even over yet, and the whining already begins......
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really. They need a starting point somewhere and its better than putting it in and everyone just starting at 0.

They said they where tracking xp to reward people who have already put time into the game. To go back and say we all start at the same point is absurd.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

They said they where tracking xp to reward people who have already put time into the game. To go back and say we all start at the same point is absurd.
    The amount of BS that ZOS said and then did something totally different since launch is absurd.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the statements ZoS made about tracking XP past v14 was a lie if this is the case. If you aren't going to be rewarded for the xp you've already earned, then why are the tracking it?

This is like an amplified version of the undaunted passives again - players that have already played the content are left to suffer, those that have not and still have plenty of quests to complete will have more opportunity to gain points and gain them faster.

Don't get me wrong, I expected to be at the champ point cap having several vr14 guys, but I didn't expect that cap to mean I would be tied with some random person that just hit VR1 the day the system launches.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    it makes all the work people put for this to feel worthless. i would be ok if they said we start at 0 from the start. its just a major slap to the face for every1 who was preparing for this.
    imagine studying for a test all weekend and the teacher telling you last second that he is changing the material for it. how would you feel?
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

I'm having some connection issues and can't see the live broadcast now. I hope that they clarify the situation during the show. Maybe @ZOS_KaiSchober can share our concerns to the Champion System lead or one of the Community Reps.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, if I had one vr1 character and had my 30 points - how many points would I have earned if I leveled that guy and four others to vr14, if I did it after the system launched? Those are all points I will probably have a much lesser chance of earning if this is true. I only have two non-vet characters to even level. They need to give us an extra character slot for each vet character we have when this launches to make things equal.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    So, the statements ZoS made about tracking XP past v14 was a lie if this is the case. If you aren't going to be rewarded for the xp you've already earned, then why are the tracking it?

This is like an amplified version of the undaunted passives again - players that have already played the content are left to suffer, those that have not and still have plenty of quests to complete will have more opportunity to gain points and gain them faster.

Don't get me wrong, I expected to be at the champ point cap having several vr14 guys, but I didn't expect that cap to mean I would be tied with some random person that just hit VR1 the day the system launches.

What are you talking about?

ZOS is tracking xp, you will get championship points based on xp gained after v1, there will be a cap on the number of championship points you have on day 1.

I don't understand where you got the idea that they somehow lied, this has been the position from the beginning and to the best of my knowledge remains the case.
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @spryler: ESO Live right now, they stated that everyone will start at 30 champion points, as long as players have at least one VR1+ character. Nothing (as far as I know) was said about XP tracking, so it may or may not be out of the picture.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification. Perhaps everyone will get 30 points at V1, but we still get extra points based on our xp after v1? So if I'm v14 I will get 60 or something.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spryler wrote: »

ZOS is tracking xp, you will get championship points based on xp gained after v1, there will be a cap on the number of championship points you have on day 1.

I don't understand where you got the idea that they somehow lied, this has been the position from the beginning and to the best of my knowledge remains the case.

I think we are going off of what one of the guild members that zos meets with reported in the comments during the stream, not off the stream from the zos guys. Asking for clarification from zos.

He said they flat out told him that you get 30 points if you have a v1 character and that's all the points you get total, no matter how many other characters. Being that this comes from a second hand source, even if it's one of the 'privileged guilds' zos meets with every week, I'd like to hear it straight from ZoS myself. So hoping for some clarification.
    Edited by xaraan on December 19, 2014 10:55PM
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spryler wrote: »

I will recap what was essentially said durring the eso live that is still on going atm.

The dev said that all players vr 1 or above would start with 30 champion points. Then gina asked how many points a players other characters would have. The dev accidentally said 10 but corrected herself to say 30.

So the lack of clarification combined with some of the conversation around this topic had created some confusion. So there are two ways to interpret this.

1. All players will start with a min of 30 points, and gina was trying to hammer into our brains that champion points are account bound.

2. All players that are vr1 or higher will all start at the same point.
    Edited by manny254 on December 19, 2014 11:02PM
    - Mojican
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the case, I'd just like some ZoS to step in and tell us one way or the other what's happening.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @manny254: I also hope that this is just a misunderstanding and that XP is still getting tracked properly.
    I really like they're trying to balance the XP gains for the different play modes, especially since it now directly affects champion points.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon119 wrote: »
    isnt it kinda unfair for people who were playing more just getting ready for champion system to get points by grinding characters to vr14 or just in general playing more to just get 30 points for having at least 1 vr character ?
    They said back in October on the Guild Summit audio that there would be a starting point cap, it's not ZoS's fault that players burnt themselves out trying to grind out as much XP as humanly possible to have an edge when it launched.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Leon119 wrote: »
    They said back in October on the Guild Summit audio that there would be a starting point cap, it's not ZoS's fault that players burnt themselves out trying to grind out as much XP as humanly possible to have an edge when it launched.

What's said above is very different than simply a starting point cap. I said in my post I assumed I would be at the cap. But getting 30 points for having 1 vr1 guy and 30 points for having 5 vr14 guys isn't quite the same thing. (Also doesn't answer why they said they are tracking xp past vr14).

And let's not assume everyone burns themself out just by leveling, but we only have so many slots. I only have two other non vet characters to level. I wasn't grinding today, just playing quests and got half way through a vet level. Now, thinking I was at max for starting points I wasn't too worried about wasting a few points if I feel like leveling my other characters. Now however, if this is true, those other guys are the only good source of xp I have unless I do nothing but play pvp (which I don't love) or grind (also don't love) - so I feel like I can't even play my other vet or other two non vets until Feb when I can actually use them to earn points.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @manny254: I also hope that this is just a misunderstanding and that XP is still getting tracked properly.
    I really like they're trying to balance the XP gains for the different play modes, especially since it now directly affects champion points.
    It kind of killed me a little on the inside that they mentioned that meme thread, but did not clarify this important issue.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's said above is very different than simply a starting point cap. I said in my post I assumed I would be at the cap. But getting 30 points for having 1 vr1 guy and 30 points for having 5 vr14 guys isn't quite the same thing. (Also doesn't answer why they said they are tracking xp past vr14).
    Indeed but they had to come up with some number, and regardless of what number that was it is going to tick off some players who feel cheated.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Indeed but they had to come up with some number, and regardless of what number that was it is going to tick off some players who feel cheated.

That's not a good answer for why they are tracking xp past vr14 then? And also makes very little sense.

Like I've said a couple times now, I expected, with the number of vets I have, to be at the cap, but I didn't expect that cap to mean I'd be tied with a guy that hits vr1 day one of the 1.6 launch.

Edit: this means that that person has that v1 and 7 other characters to earn points with doing quests. Where as I'd only have 2 (and a half) characters left to earn points with. That's a bit uneven and way past chalking it up to "well, some people will feel cheated anyways."
    Edited by xaraan on December 19, 2014 11:25PM
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume there will be like a 50% of the vr 14 population rage quitting and leave the game if this goes live
    Edited by Tonnopesce on December 19, 2014 11:32PM
    Signature

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume there will be like a 50% of the vr 14 population rage quitting and leave the game if this goes live

Not gonna lie... I've been with eso since pts and beta and early release. Backed them up on some hot topics and played through a lot of crappy periods. I expected to be well into the cap, but figured it would be fair enough that what I was missing out on wouldn't matter. If this news is true, that's not the case. And If this is true, I'd feel like I would have no choice because I just won't have the opportunity to earn the points as those other players. I can jump on right now and quest to earn points on my new guys, but like I said, only 2.5 of those new guys left to quest on (and I logged off on my v5 guy when I heard this news b/c I didn't want to waste more opportunity to earn points in the future). And waiting months for new zones to be released isn't going to solve the problem, even now I feel like I shouldn't waste time playing for the next month plus.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that means min 30 cp "+" not that everyone gets max 30cp regardless of experience above VR1
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    The ESO Live webcast isn't even over yet, and the whining already begins......

Well not for nothing but we were all told there was a tracking algorithm running in the background, tracking all the XP we racked up. So we expected we would be being rewarded for the work we put in.

Here is another perfect example of ZOS not grasping the risk vs reward concept and just issuing a blanket decision to cover all bases. It cuts the legs out from under goal-oriented people.

Why bother putting in any work if:

They're just going to get rid of Veteran Ranks.
    They're just giving out 30 Champion points to EVERYBODY with a Vet toon.
    They got rid of Veteran Points and reverted to Experience points with the promise of easier leveling only to not deliver.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats what it means
    transcribed already at tamriel foundry what they said about this topic then:

"Since we changed each constellation to max out at 100 stars, that changed the significance of each point. That changed the way we want players to be spending points, it’s currently around 1 hour of play-time to earn a Champion point. As long as you have a Veteran Rank character, you will start with 30 points in the Champion System once 1.6 goes live. Every character on your account will have those 30 points to spend, it’s not a shared pool. There’s several reasons why we did that, is that we didn’t want players to be vastly separated at the start of the system. Everything has been re-balanced, trials, dungeons, overworld, etc… We wanted to make sure that players can continue doing the content that they currently can do. We wanted to avoid situations where certain pieces of game content have become significantly harder when the Champion System releases. When the system first comes out, there is a respec system that will be pretty cheap so that players can experiment and get comfortable with the system. Later on there will be a standard gold cost for re-speccing your Champion passives."
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dug up the quote for you guys: (edit: Quote link not working, it's here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/137773/patch-notes-v1-5-2)
    We have been tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank on accounts in preparation for the Champion System.
    This implies that someone with more XP would get more CP, which is only fair. Someone who is VR14 and has been a Veteran for, say, 100 hours, should have a higher CP starting point than someone who has been VR1 for 10 hours. (Logically 10 times more.)

ZOS said that nothing would be wasted and that it was still a good idea to continue playing max level characters; if every Veteran is starting with 30 Champion Points, then it has all been wasted, as someone who has played for longer gets no reward.
    Edited by Enodoc on December 19, 2014 11:57PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Pretty sure that means min 30 cp "+" not that everyone gets max 30cp regardless of experience above VR1
    This is exactly how I heard and took that statement. If you have at least a VR1 toon, you get 30 cp. They never said that was the 'out of the gate' cap and I'm 99% sure that some with a VR14 will have more than 30cp. However, the people that think because they have more than one VR14 they will have more are mistaken.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like BS to me. Months ago, we were explicitly promised that XP gained after V14 was being tracked, and would go towards giving us additional champion points. There was to be an upper limit per account on how many points could be gained through this upon the conversion, but it was supposed to be an amount so high that "most players wouldn't even reach it".

With this explicit statement in mind, people have been playing/grinding for months under the impression that they would be rewarded w/ champion points. Instead, they've been given a big middle finger.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    This is exactly how I heard and took that statement. If you have at least a VR1 toon, you get 30 cp. They never said that was the 'out of the gate' cap and I'm 99% sure that some with a VR14 will have more than 30cp. However, the people that think because they have more than one VR14 they will have more are mistaken.
    If that's how it's going to be, that's fine. (Incidentally, if they've changed it and that's no longer how it's going to be, that's also fine if ZOS admit they have changed their plans.) Any clarification available, @ZOS_MariaAliprando‌ ?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sounds like BS to me. Months ago, we were explicitly promised that XP gained after V14 was being tracked, and would go towards giving us additional champion points. There was to be an upper limit per account on how many points could be gained through this upon the conversion, but it was supposed to be an amount so high that "most players wouldn't even reach it".

With this explicit statement in mind, people have been playing/grinding for months under the impression that they would be rewarded w/ champion points. Instead, they've been given a big middle finger.

If you go back and watch/listen to what they said. If you have at least a VR1 you get 30 CP. They never said that 30 was the roof, but merely a starting point and it is well established that they are tracking XP beyond VR14 so that if you have a VR14 toon, it will get 30 +.
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on December 20, 2014 12:32AM
    Options