The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

Bfish22090
Bfish22090
✭✭✭✭✭
Will not turn on or work at all.
Stay tuned console players it will be in next week's patch
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're taking a look now, thanks for the report.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

"Good job ZOS", seriously, how old are we? 12?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

quickest reply I have seen in some time haha
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.

Some of us here on the GD are lmaooo
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm with you.People just cant wait to jump on the Devs for anything they imagine is a failing.It will be fixed,and most likely within a few hours.If it hasnt already as I type this.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't agree with the tone of the OP but yeh, same here. Hit key...nothing.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please tell me there will be a fix in for this today.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

im not a sorc
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, a day without getting overload spammed for 12K+ per.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For god's sakes. Bosses get stronger and stronger, sorcerers can barely compete with other classes and now the only thing that saves us during boss battles is screwed after a patch that, according to the notes, didn't even touch this skill.

Sometimes I'm afraid to even imagine the programming of this game...
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

venicea01.jpg
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect, if they can just break Crystal Frags, we'll be in business.

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Amaz1ng Here's the thread :smile:
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload broken...

Thanks, Obama...
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thankfully I am NB levelling!

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level a magika DK instead. Days of the sorc are over.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For god's sakes. Bosses get stronger and stronger, sorcerers can barely compete with other classes and now the only thing that saves us during boss battles is screwed after a patch that, according to the notes, didn't even touch this skill.

You must be fun to do dungeons with if you can't do boss fights without overload...

Honestly, (magicka) sorcs have been pretty much on par with other classes since 1.6. That was 1 year ago. Yes, overload + kena are a nice thing to have, but you can do any content with medium attack, force pulse, liquid lightning, thundering presence and your choice of other damage skills.

PS: My main is a magicka sorc.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking that exact thing ...

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this sucks was in the middle of lvling my sorc in mealstrom ... as overload allows u to skip so many mechanics ill just have to wait for a fix not to worry ive 3 toons left to get to v 16 ill play one of those tonight
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console Sorcs right now be like.

winter-is-coming.jpg
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

no. i mean check the last 5 patches and sum up obvious bugs. first the thing with battle spirit now this both found after seconds from the users. the only conclusion can be no testing at all
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like the battle spirit buff? Need a troll smiley

Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • blackronin83x
    blackronin83x
    ✭✭
    i will say i second the OPs feeling, hard to do vMSA with no overload.... can we get a hotfix asap cuz yeah, its broke
    I only came to melt faces; I leave the whining to the rest of you.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 25, 2016 5:44PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just checked my sorc and Overload is DOA. :) She goes through the animation like it's going to fire then poof..nothing. Her lightning staff works today and it wasn't working last night so at least I have that. :) They will fix it when they find the critter that is chewing on that part of the code. Time to work on that Nightblade I've been putting off for weeks. :p
    Edited by Seravi on January 25, 2016 5:39PM
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.
    Edited by ginoboehm on January 25, 2016 5:41PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno While you're looking into it, sometimes when spamming light attacks with overload it gets stuck on heavy attack and wastes a bunch of ultimate in the process. Other times when you are depleted of ultimate it doesn't automatically switch off and you have to manually do so.
    :trollin:
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭

Lorkhan wrote: »
    giphy.gif

im not a sorc

...dude....I about fell out of my chair...lol

<3 my sorc friends!

ZOS will get it fixed
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

I wasn't being snarky! I legitimately wondered! :( I put the smiley face to try and show I wasn't being mean and it was a genuine question :/
    Edited by Cazzy on January 25, 2016 5:46PM