The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil performance

• Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't agree that it's zergs and AOE spells. There were plenty of zergs fighting with AOE's after IC first launched and there was minimal lag. It's only been in the past two weeks in Azura that I've experienced lag. At times, the lag started before we even entered combat with no AOE's being cast. You'll be sitting there at one minute with a ping of 150 and no enemies in sight or fighting and it jumps to 300-999+ when you finally do enter combat. Since it starts when you don't even see the enemy, it's not LOS either. Hopefully it is the physic calls that Brian is mentioning.

There were not large zergs in Cyrodiil when IC first came out. The populations were in IC so a faction would pop lock before you could gather a large zerg topside. We are now back to the pre-IC numbers, and not surprisingly, the lag is back just as it was before IC.

The fact that YOU see lag without seeing enemies or zergs doesn't mean that the zergs aren't in another location. All of Cyrodiil is a single instance (IC is separate). So a zerg spamming at Arrius will impact you at Roebeck.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Waseem wrote: »
    cyrodiil performance in all PC EU campaigns is great EXCEPT azura's star
    thats how it is for me atleast

In other words, performance is great when there is nobody around. Got it.

If you see an enemy headed your way, drop into sneak and move away! He might impact your PvP performance. :smile:
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware that even though population has spread out between Imperial City, Cyrodiil and the Sewers, there are still improvements to make.

Well @ZOS_BrianWheeler , who could have expected that most players are getting back up to Cyrodiil after you and your PvP team epicly failed to add a real PvP meaning/objective/reward to the Imperial City zones now leading to getting the performance of Cyrodiil just down to where it was pre-IC?

Sorry for my impolite words but that's what you get for ignoring player warnings, needs and demands for months now.
    Edited by Legedric on October 21, 2015 7:46AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
    Options
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    and talking about ping. other than azura i have 130-140 ping
    on azura its 300-700 while in pvp depends on situation
    israel here, and on a premium gamer internet connetion.

since when is 130-140 ping great ?
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »

Well he said he is from Israel so a ping of 130-140 is great for him indeed, pretty much the same as we would have 30-40 ping rates in western Europe.

Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

Well he said he is from Israel so a ping of 130-140 is great for him indeed, pretty much the same as we would have 30-40 ping rates in western Europe.

30 - 40? More like 130 - 140 from sweden. I know people in Germany with similar ping too. Its just a joke.
    :]
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30 - 40? More like 130 - 140 from sweden. I know people in Germany with similar ping too. Its just a joke.

Well, on Azura 100-150 is usual but on other campaigns it ranges from 40-70 most of the time for me from Germany.

However, I just wanted to say his 130-140 on Non-Azura campaigns may be as good for him as 30-40 would be for us :)

Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Hello @ZOS_BrianWheeler are you also looking at the FPS Drop issue? I've changed nothing about my game and I never had this issue prior to the IC update. When you can run around with 100 FPS and have it drop to 1 in a huge battle, it's a real problem. It does this when using or not using Addons also, so it isn't an Addon issue.

Since IC update I started to have often the same issue with FPS and not just in Cyrodiil.
    In Cyrodiil the drop is bigger (1-5 fps) than in other areas, where the drop reaches between 8 and 15 fps.
    I asked in guild and many others have the same issue.
    We tried to disable every addon like you but it doesn't work.

Yeah, this is server sided FPS loss as Brian mentioned in the below quote. So until they can fix it @ZOS were just sitting here with a non playable game. I log on, check the mail, check my guild store sales list and log back off. What's the point in trying to go into Azura to see what it's like when we KNOW exactly what it will be like. I think I am done with PVP for the moment. If and when they can actually provide us with the large scale warfare they promised I may be back. Otherwise I will wait for Orsinium and do the PVE from there. Then when I'm bored with that, the game will be shelved until the next DLC comes out. It's such a shame too, this game has such great potential, if only it could actually live up to it.

wrote: »
    We have been looking into physics calls on the server and the combat team is making adjustments to abilities to streamline the amount of calls they make as some were a bit...excessive. We'll be able to update you on those changes when the team is all done making those changes. The LOS changes had a very small effect on performance which is why we're looking at physics calls next. Population being spread between the three PVP zones has helped, but obviously server frames can still take a nasty hit as we've seen in Azura and other situations. The crew is still working on resolving these issues as fast as they can.
    Edited by Robbmrp on October 21, 2015 2:02PM
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭

mmmh not really... as soon as prime time arives also trueflame lags... performance is globally sh.itty, we are loosing pvp players everyweek.
    Edited by prootch on October 26, 2015 1:19PM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed last night for the first time. I ported to a stronghold that and went out the front door. I received a random tick that was likely generated by someone suiciding and I noticed that a second or two before the tick and for the next 5-10 second after the tick my framerate dropped from 60 to 5-10...and then it was back to perfect right afterwards.

I wonder if their is something in the FTC alliance point parsing that is causing some of the framerate issues we're seeing? When zergballs are around D-ticks/O-ticks and normal AP gains are happening all over, I wonder if that was just a random coincidence or something meaningful?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are aware that even though population has spread out between Imperial City, Cyrodiil and the Sewers, there are still improvements to make.

Well @ZOS_BrianWheeler , who could have expected that most players are getting back up to Cyrodiil after you and your PvP team epicly failed to add a real PvP meaning/objective/reward to the Imperial City zones now leading to getting the performance of Cyrodiil just down to where it was pre-IC?

Sorry for my impolite words but that's what you get for ignoring player warnings, needs and demands for months now.

Yea they should have added some objectives into IC so there is pvp.

The go-to strategy of 1337 pvp´ers at the moment (in the 2 campaigns I am part of that is) seems to be:

- go on surface
    - get a scroll
    - farm AP by defending that scroll on a hill / in a resource tower / those special places we all know by now until one got enough AP to get emp
    - get the emp keeps / wait until a zerg crowns you
    - go into IC as soon and start to grief on players who are forced in there for mats and cheese to hell out of them with emp bonus

The dream of pvp´ers do get some easy prey by forcing all of tamriel into pvp for access did not come true. Can´t be mad about that but you can guess by what I described above what would have happened with gated access.

I really miss the pvp without IC, I really thought it couldn´t get worse but it got. I wish back pvp like it was before, I even would take the oneshots like a man without raging/crying.

Right now pvp seems to recover but the lags return. And the lags are what´s hurting the most...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Loosing pvp players every week due to lag and too many campaigns...
    Edited by prootch on October 26, 2015 2:35PM
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP is actually a pain cause of :

- lag,
    - too many campaigns,
    - forever in combat bug.

If those 3 bugs were fixed, people would be happy in Cyrodiil. Really.

It's about time you fix that, isn't it ?
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The number of Campaigns will be getting addressed in the patch after Orsineum when some other heavily ingrained Campaign restrictions are adjusted.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number of Campaigns will be getting addressed in the patch after Orsineum when some other heavily ingrained Campaign restrictions are adjusted.

While we have you here, can you pass this along for us? It will impact Cyrodiil game play and even performance.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1

Approx. 4000 players responded to that poll, it should not go unnoticed.
    Edited by _Chaos on October 26, 2015 2:18PM
    'Chaos
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like my prediction is going to happen. 2 campaigns gone, IC gates locked, Travel to group leader removed. Will they remove the guest campaign feature? Probably not but be ready for the era of VESTED player commitment. PVP might have a real meaning very soon.
    Options
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭

While we have you here, can you pass this along for us? It will impact Cyrodiil game play and even performance.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1

Approx. 4000 players responded to that poll, it should not go unnoticed.

Just wanted to stress the importance of that thread, any discussion from the devs at all on AoE caps is appreciated. The community, even after that thread, still has had no explanation as to why it was done. Unless the thousands and thousands of us are completely wrong, i'd like to know why they are still in the game, or even if we are being heard. We are just looking for COMMUNICATION on AOE caps. PLEASE. I seriously don't understand how we, your paying customers, go ignored for this long.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    aoe cap suppression together with multi wb stacking would just result in having the biggest aoe wb stack win...
    I seriously don't understand how you, paying customer, can ignore this simple fact...
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *cough*
    Anazasi wrote: »

Looks like my prediction is going to happen. 2 campaigns gone, IC gates locked, Travel to group leader removed. Will they remove the guest campaign feature? Probably not but be ready for the era of VESTED player commitment. PVP might have a real meaning very soon.

As long as Cyrodiil is crippled with massive performance issues there is no way in hell a removal of guestcampaigns and porting to group leader could be approved.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    aoe cap suppression together with multi wb stacking would just result in having the biggest aoe wb stack win...
    I seriously don't understand how you, paying customer, can ignore this simple fact...

I am not even sure how to respond to this.
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    With a clear demonstration showing how this would not happen, considering the actual aoe stack trend... aoe should be less efficient, not more efficient...

Except of course if you like to slack with overlag in the middle of multi aoe wb stacks...
    when one already sees the lag created by only one full macro aoe wb, would you like to encourage more aoe ?

Would you like to definitly turn this rvr game in a pale copy of gw2 aoe stack "I win" game.
    Edited by prootch on October 26, 2015 3:15PM
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a clear demonstration showing how this would not happen, considering the actual aoe stack trend... aoe should be less efficient, not more efficient...

Except of course if you like to slack with overlag in the middle of multi aoe wb stacks...
    when one already sees the lag created by only one full macro aoe wb, would you like to encourage more aoe ?

Would you like to definitly turn this rvr game in a pale copy of gw2 aoe stack "I win" game.

Not sure if trolling, in wrong thread, or completely unaware of what skills do in the game?
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    not trolling, just answering to Efficient and his obsession with aoe caps... how could removing aoe caps change lag issues with trains of players stacking aoe: the biggest aoe damage dealer wins, which means the biggest stack of aoe warbands wins... aoe damage concentration by one wb already prooved to be very laggy... if you want people to depack just make aoe packing in one sq meter less efficient, not more efficient.
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Not sure if trolling, in wrong thread, or completely unaware of what skills do in the game?

Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So WB = warbands I guess. Generally its wrecking blow, so I envision a guy running around doing AOE wrecking blows - which sounds amazing.

@prootch in case you missed cyro combat recently, it currently is groups running around AOEing. The biggest AOE damager is the one with more numbers, and they do win already. Removing AOE caps means these large "warbands" will be more vulnerable to damage when packing together. The ball groups packing together are a large culprit of the lag so - discouraging this in anyway is a step in the right direction for the 'very laggy' issues you mention.
    Options
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were referring to wrecking blow as well. Fengrush is 100% correct here. 3491 people also agree with him. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1
    Edited by Efficient on October 26, 2015 3:46PM
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not trolling, just answering to Efficient and his obsession with aoe caps... how could removing aoe caps change lag issues with trains of players stacking aoe: the biggest aoe damage dealer wins, which means the biggest stack of aoe warbands wins... aoe damage concentration by one wb already prooved to be very laggy... if you want people to depack just make aoe packing in one sq meter less efficient, not more efficient.

Ok, I think we didn't understand what you meant by "wb", as for us wb means wrecking blow, not warband.

Removing AOE caps would definitely help out with the lag. Right now it seems trains of players recruit more people because they face great zerg numbers, and can't deal with them (this is coming from what Crown and Jules said on the latest podcast). So they stack more players, to add more damage.
    That would become unnecessary as you wouldn't need more players to cover all your targets with aoe. What's saving zergs right now is the aoe cap, since they are unorganized and usually don't have much healing power. Remove the aoe cap and they can't out heal/sustain a guild push. If guild trains are successful, they won't have to keep increasing their group size.

Second, even in train vs train fights, right now it's impossible to dish out enough damage to go through all the barriers, BOL spam, healing springs etc, BECAUSE of the aoe cap. For this reason, fights go on for longer times, and the lag endures.

There was a perfect example of this on TemplarOfLight's stream yesterday : he and other non grouped randoms were fighting Izanagi's group in a keep. The lag was horrible, people rubberbanding everywhere, skils not activating. After a while, Izanagi's group started falling. 10 seconds after they had died, the ping went back to regular numbers.
    Remove aoe caps and they will die much quicker, or killl their enemies much quicker, and lag won't last as long.

24 man groups will take 4 times the damage they are taking now, they will drop way faster, the server will be better off.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That won't work unless they give a large range AoE CC (unbreakable CC would be even better). You won't have the time to burst a large group as a small group, even with no AE damage limit, as several healers would just heal through it.

Edited by Sarousse on October 26, 2015 3:46PM
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    That won't work unless they give a large range AoE CC (unbreakable CC would be even better). You won't have the time to burst a large group as a small group, even with no AE damage limit, as several healers would just heal through it.

Clearly you haven't played this game since beta/launch. It has happened, and still does just very very rare these days.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

AOE CCs include ults which today are capped and become very useless when hitting a ball group with inferior numbers unless you are able to drop like 3 or 4x of the same ult to spread the effects. Again, its a numbers game, because you want to use other ults.

And there would be time to burst people down with AOE caps gone. If every is vulnerable to the same damage, people are not saved by mitigation. Nobody wants an easy win against large groups, but today there is *no chance* as a smaller group, and your impact is insignificant despite a well coordinated strike using the best tools at your disposal.
    Options