The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Build] Update 2.1 - Stamina DK Tank/DPS for PvP & PvE!

Lefty_Lucy
Lefty_Lucy
✭✭✭✭
BUILD VIDEO

https://youtu.be/dW8nHfVvwZg

Gameplay PvP video at the bottom of this post!

VIDEO TIMES FOR TOPICS OF INTEREST

Build Overview 0:36
Build Philosophy 1:06
Race/Attributes 1:46
Gear 2:49
Abilities 6:05
Champion Points 8:24

BUILD INTRODUCTION

Get ready to tank like never before with my "Deadly Fortress" heavy armor stamina based Dragonknight build for The Elder Scrolls Online version 2.1 (update 1.7)!

This build has been tested extensively in the public test server (PTS) for update 2.1 in ESO, and I am proud to say that this heavy armor build is outperforming other medium and light armor builds that I have tried!

If you enjoy tanking, but still want to be able to pump out some nice DPS, this build is for you! This build works great in both PvP and PvE!

BUILD DETAILS

-RACE-
See video time: 1:46

Recommended: Imperial
Alternatives: Redguard, Orc, Wood Elf, Dark Elf

-ATTRIBUTE POINTS-
0 Magicka
0 Health
64 Stamina

-MUNDUS STONE-
The Tower - Increases max stamina

-GEAR-
See video time: 2:49

5 Heavy, 2 Medium

Armor:
2/2 Malubeth the Scourger
5/5 Imperium (FOR GROUP PLAY)
5/5 Black Rose (FOR SOLO PLAY)

Jewelry:
2 Hawk's Eye Rings
1 Potentate's Necklace

Weapons:
Master's Greatsword (2H)

Master's Sword (1H)
Potentate's Shield

**Alternate Jewelry / Weapons**

Jewelry:
2 Hawk's Eye Rings
1 Agility Necklace

Weapons:
Agility Maul (2H)

Master's Sword (1H)
Agility Shield

-ENCHANTMENTS-
Armor: Prismatic
Jewelry: Stamina Cost Reduction
Weapons: Deal magic damage + restore Stamina

**Alternate Enchantments**
Armor: Stamina

-ABILITIES-
See video time: 6:05

2-H Bar:
1 - Critical Rush
2 - Fossilize
3 - Evil Hunter / Wrecking Blow
4 - Executioner
5 - Rally
U - Dawnbreaker of Smiting

1-H & Shield Bar:
1 - Immovable Brute / Volatile Armor / Reverberating Bash / Igneous Shield
2 - Burning Breath
3 - Unstable Flame
4 - Ransack
5 - Resolving Vigor
U - Werewolf / Bat Swarm / Dragon Leap / Corrosive Armor

-CHAMPION POINTS-
See video time: 8:24

GAMEPLAY VIDEO CLIPS + COMMENTARY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szbdlWWP7c8
Edited by Lefty_Lucy on October 8, 2015 1:44AM
Competetive small scale PvP'er.
GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Lefty Lucy! As always, very informative.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im at work so i can't watch the video... i can't wait.

Looks pretty cool just from my read through. I feel like im gonna learn a lot about DK
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im at work so i can't watch the video... i can't wait.

Looks pretty cool just from my read through. I feel like im gonna learn a lot about DK

you will its a post from @Lefty_Lucy lefty always has some nice posts
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks man :)

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_Lucy wrote: »

just speaking the truth bud haha
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently at work and can't watch the video (bookmarked for later).

I'm curious how high enough max health is achieved with all attributes dropped into stamina? Im sure it would probably make more sense once I watch the video, but care to share info on this while the remaining 7 hours of my work day continue to build up anticipation?

Also, currently rocking your 1.6 build in PvP and it's been a breath of fresh air compared to anything else I've tried.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For us non-imperial peasants, do you recommend throwing some points into health? Or does the high mitigation of the set and low damage of this patch make it a not a big deal?
    Edited by MrGrimey on September 3, 2015 3:46PM
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    Currently at work and can't watch the video (bookmarked for later).

I'm curious how high enough max health is achieved with all attributes dropped into stamina? Im sure it would probably make more sense once I watch the video, but care to share info on this while the remaining 7 hours of my work day continue to build up anticipation?

Also, currently rocking your 1.6 build in PvP and it's been a breath of fresh air compared to anything else I've tried.

Update 2.1 (7) will make you significantly tankier on your DK. Actually, all classes will feel tankier, because all damage has been reduced in PvP.

In update 2.0 (6), I liked to be at 25k health in PvP for a tank build. I still think that's a good spot to be for this update. The nice thing about that is that you should be able to obtain that amount of HP without investing in health. This is because we will have two more veteran levels to increase our resources, and we also have access to Prismatic enchantments (which gives HP, MP, and Stamina) to put on our gear.

If you are an Imperial and you run the Imperium + Malubeth sets with Prismatic enchants, you will have 30k health (at 300 champion points) without putting a single point into your Health stat. This leaves you free to pump into stamina and boost your damage AND healing (since your heals are based on stamina with this build).

With the Black Rose set (alternative option for this build), you will probably have around 28-29k health, and around 40k stamina. That's without a single point invested in health!

MrGrimey wrote: »

For us non-imperial peasants, do you recommend throwing some points into health? Or does the high mitigation of the set and low damage of this patch make it a not a big deal?

I recommend shooting for 25k health in the long run. If you are not an imperial, then you might want to put some points into health, but honestly, you might be fine with around 20k health. I would experiment. My first inclination is that 25k health should still be your target for PvP.

• kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dose 1.7 effect dragon knight dw,ma build that much? I'm a stamina build atm,and plan on staying that way.
    Edited by kalimar44 on September 3, 2015 6:37PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 2.1 (7) will make you significantly tankier on your DK. Actually, all classes will feel tankier, because all damage has been reduced in PvP.

In update 2.0 (6), I liked to be at 25k health in PvP for a tank build. I still think that's a good spot to be for this update. The nice thing about that is that you should be able to obtain that amount of HP without investing in health. This is because we will have two more veteran levels to increase our resources, and we also have access to Prismatic enchantments (which gives HP, MP, and Stamina) to put on our gear.

If you are an Imperial and you run the Imperium + Malubeth sets with Prismatic enchants, you will have 30k health (at 300 champion points) without putting a single point into your Health stat. This leaves you free to pump into stamina and boost your damage AND healing (since your heals are based on stamina with this build).

With the Black Rose set (alternative option for this build), you will probably have around 28-29k health, and around 40k stamina. That's without a single point invested in health!

@Lefty_Lucy

As always, thanks for the insight! I'll have to do more research into Prismatic Echantments. Though I only have about 95 cp (started on console), I can imagine those giving me a bit of an extra push to a comfortable health level. Stamina tanking in PvE always appealed to me more and, for obvious reasons, made sense for PvP. I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Cyrodil since console launch day, but with IC involving a mix of both, I know that will change for the better.

Once again, thank you!
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Diefree
    Diefree
    Can you level into this build? WHat would you change for a leveling player?
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diefree wrote: »
    Can you level into this build? WHat would you change for a leveling player?

I am getting this question a lot, so I plan to make a levelling build video next.

I recommend using 5/5 hundings rage and 4/4 nights silence for leveling. These sets are very good and also very easy to obtain since they are craftable!

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been lurking around...

Where do you grab those prismatic enchantments? Wherever I search, I only find information on the original weapon enchantment that increases damage to undead / daedras...

On a side note... Cleave vs Fiery breath?

Brawler (Cleave morph) sounds like a bad idea, considering the increasing number of shield breaker users out there, it's actually going to be working against you, so...
    Burning breath (Fiery breath morph) sounds OK, but the armor reduction is redundant with Ransack.
    Carve (Cleave morph) actually sounds like a viable idea, since it increases the rate at which ultimates can be triggered, thus allowing to regen more resources through the battle roar passive.

It's not an issue to use it since Fossilize can be switched with Burning breath (on the SnB bar), and replaced with the Cleave morph.

Thoughts on this?
    Edited by Asmael on September 4, 2015 2:15PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Always like your videos Lefty, good looking build. May have to try it out some time!
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 4:50 you present the Agility set. You have a necklace, a shield, and a 2H weapon. But when you hover your mouse on any of these items, the tooltip shows that you have the 3/3 bonus item. How is this possible, since the 2H weapon and the shield are not slotted in the same weapon bar? Is this a change in this patch, or something I've never paid attention to?

Edited by trimsic_ESO on September 4, 2015 4:36PM
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Been lurking around...

Where do you grab those prismatic enchantments? Wherever I search, I only find information on the original weapon enchantment that increases damage to undead / daedras...

On a side note... Cleave vs Fiery breath?

Brawler (Cleave morph) sounds like a bad idea, considering the increasing number of shield breaker users out there, it's actually going to be working against you, so...
    Burning breath (Fiery breath morph) sounds OK, but the armor reduction is redundant with Ransack.
    Carve (Cleave morph) actually sounds like a viable idea, since it increases the rate at which ultimates can be triggered, thus allowing to regen more resources through the battle roar passive.

It's not an issue to use it since Fossilize can be switched with Burning breath (on the SnB bar), and replaced with the Cleave morph.

Thoughts on this?

Well thought out. I am aware of the redundant debuff between burning breath and randack. I primarily use burning breath for the DoT.

You can definitely make the changes you suggested. I won't because my muscle memory is hooked on rotations using the bar setup I currently have. And I'm unreasonably stubborn. :smiley:

Go for it though!

• Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    At 4:50 you present the Agility set. You have a necklace, a shield, and a 2H weapon. But when you hover your mouse on any of these items, the tooltip shows that you have the 3/3 bonus item. How is this possible, since the 2H weapon and the shield are not slotted in the same weapon bar? Is this a change in this patch, or something I've never paid attention to?

You are observing poor video editing!

I created this video between both the PTS and the live game. I did this because I wanted to get the build out there for everyone ASAP, but I did not have all of the necessary gear to show you when on the PTS. I made a video editing decision to just paste screen clippings over the tooltips, in order to make the video appear more fluid.

It may have been the wrong call.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me mathematically why the Black Rose 5pc is considered so good?

On my heavy armor templar with 5pc heavy I'm getting 243 magicka/stamina returned every 4 seconds with the constitution passive.

So with the black rose set equipped I should get, 243*1.5=364, which is an increase of about 120 magicka/stamina return every 4 seconds assuming ideal conditions i.e. taking damage.

Dividing by 2, that's 60 more magicka/stamina per regen cycle (which is supposed to be 2 seconds).

For comparison, a v14 legendary glyph adds 165 recovery and tri-stat food adds 300-400 per stat.

Now lets talk weapon damage. V14 Black Rose 5pc gives you 150 weapon damage. and two 930 stamina bonuses which is effectively another 180 weapon damage (assuming the 10% rule on resource/damage ratio still applies).

Hunding's rage 5pc gives you 299 weapon damage at v14 with one stam bonus and a gold jewelry enchant gives you 133.

Wouldn't it be better from a min/max perspective to do something like Hundings/Dreugh King 5pc heavy?

• Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me mathematically why the Black Rose 5pc is considered so good?

On my heavy armor templar with 5pc heavy I'm getting 243 magicka/stamina returned every 4 seconds with the constitution passive.

So with the black rose set equipped I should get, 243*1.5=364, which is an increase of about 120 magicka/stamina return every 4 seconds assuming ideal conditions i.e. taking damage.

Dividing by 2, that's 60 more magicka/stamina per regen cycle (which is supposed to be 2 seconds).

For comparison, a v14 legendary glyph adds 165 recovery and tri-stat food adds 300-400 per stat.

Now lets talk weapon damage. V14 Black Rose 5pc gives you 150 weapon damage. and two 930 stamina bonuses which is effectively another 180 weapon damage (assuming the 10% rule on resource/damage ratio still applies).

Hunding's rage 5pc gives you 299 weapon damage at v14 with one stam bonus and a gold jewelry enchant gives you 133.

Wouldn't it be better from a min/max perspective to do something like Hundings/Dreugh King 5pc heavy?

Theres something to be said about obtaining high weapon damage via a high stamina pool. Not only do you get the high weapon damage, but you also have a larger stamina pool to work with. You also get a nice HP increase with the two piece. Then the constitution increase is nice but not impressive.

Overall, I prefer black rose over hundings/dreugh king.

Having 50k stamina in werewolf form is incredible.

• SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. After all this is supposed to be a Tank/DPS hybrid, so the balance between damage and stamina becomes more critical.
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    Why no green dragon blood?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    solipsist wrote: »
    Why no green dragon blood?

Stamina regen from dragon blood can be obtained thru potions, and the healing from dragon blood (even the Coagulating blood morph) is pretty terrible since IC. You need to be at insanely low health for it to be any good.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • anton_tatarov
    anton_tatarov
    ✭✭
    How could u have 3 bonus from agi set, when u got only 3 items : amulet, 2h and shield?
  • Howl
    Howl
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently a Magicka Templar tank and was thinking of having a change and going for a stamina tank. As a Wood Elf, would I be better going for stamina regen on the jewellery?
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    Edited by solipsist on September 8, 2015 3:21AM
  • KingArturia
    KingArturia
    ✭✭
    Seems pretty awesome. Only thing is, i'm not a fan of 2h weapons, not sure why. Would it be quite viable still, using DW, or a bow, or something?
    @name - Same as forum name
    Aldmeri Dominion - Gilthunder - Nightblade

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are many variations on that build that all work, just experiment with what abilities work best with you. The most important is that you use at least 5 pieces of heavy armor, a sword & shield for Ransack/Pierce Armor and a two-handed weapon for Rally. It is not going to work with dual wield or with a bow.

Personally I use the sword and shield bar for fighting, and the 2H bar only for buffing.
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    Where does this build get its self-healing from? What skill does it use for self-healing?
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solipsist wrote: »
    Where does this build get its self-healing from? What skill does it use for self-healing?

Rally and Vigor, just to name the "bigger" ones here...
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will immovable trigger shield breaker as it has the invisible shield?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP