The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
✭✭✭
Tested network connection and it's good.
Tested multiplayer connection and it's good.
Nat type is open

And I have no idea why it's not working. Is anyone else having any problems or can someone help?

Edit: also tried closing the game and doing a hard reset on the system.
Also was able to log into EU server and went back to NA but didn't work
  • Topher4455666
    My friend is having the same issue. Not sure why. Anybody got any ideas?
  • madmexican87
    madmexican87
    Soul Shriven
    Eso fail. I can't connect either
  • Cyric81
    Cyric81
    Same
  • xOuroboros
    Are you guys in reapers march by any chance?
  • CGNASTY18
    CGNASTY18
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not in reapers March but having same problem
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in reapers March and can't connect but if I'm reading the maintenance at the top of forums right it's going on now right?
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    I am in reapers March. Logging into EU servers didn't work for me and supposedly it has for some if you guys haven't tried that. ZOS mod was able to move my post but not able to leave some kind of comment letting us know what's going on..? Legit.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    mdhammond wrote: »
    I'm in reapers March and can't connect but if I'm reading the maintenance at the top of forums right it's going on now right?
    "On Monday, June 29th, we will be performing maintenance on the console login and account systems starting at 10:30AM EDT"

That was almost 12 hours ago, it's well over by now.

English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • pistolpeat187
    pistolpeat187
    Soul Shriven
    Finally, got in.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're taking a look at things. Are you all still running into this issue?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Scorn
    Scorn
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
  • Cyric81
    Cyric81
    Yes can't play still
  • Morgon
    Morgon
    Soul Shriven
    Hey folks, we're taking a look at things. Are you all still running into this issue?

Yes. I even specifically tried again after seeing this; no dice.
    Logins work, but 'Requesting character load' times out.
    Edited by Morgon on June 30, 2015 2:16AM
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭

Yes, ma'am
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Got kicked after trying to exit Ren-dro Caverns. Couldn't log back in. I quit out of the game completely, was able to login and spawn into the cave, fast traveled to a group member in Auridon, that worked fine. Tried to use a wayshrine back to Reapers March but got kicked. (wayshrines to Grahtwood, Green Shade, and Malabal Tor worked fine)
    Edited by cbbred on June 30, 2015 2:18AM
    Xbox-NA
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    When you all are getting kicked, is any error message popping up, or are you simple crashing straight to dashboard?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    I get cannot connect to game server at character load screen, but internet connection is fine
    Edited by mdhammond on June 30, 2015 2:23AM
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    Clicking on a toon I left in reapers March btw if that matters
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    mdhammond wrote: »

Maintenance is currently under way for the PC/Mac European megaserver, not Xbox One.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    When you all are getting kicked, is any error message popping up, or are you simple crashing straight to dashboard?

Booted to the main start screen:
    Unable to connect to server. Check Internet connection.
    Xbox-NA
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    It loads forever and ever after I click on toon then says couldn't connect to server, pls check net connection everything else in my house and other Xbox online games working fine though so it's not my net
    Edited by mdhammond on June 30, 2015 2:24AM
  • Cyric81
    Cyric81
    Yup
  • IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    IXI_WiCKeD_IXI
    ✭✭✭
    When I click "play" on the game startup screen the game goes to a loading screen, fails and then says "Unable to connect to server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

And I have checked internet connection and all other content is available.
  • Eternaldarknss
    Eternaldarknss
    Soul Shriven
    I can not travel to Reapers March.....Game will crash every time I try to travel there. Gives me the internet connection error.
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    @jessicaFolsom. Ok cool Ty, can I get your number?
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    :*
  • wcrall
    wcrall
    Its seemsto

I'm getting an unable to connect to game server, I'm also in the ren-dro caverns in dealers march. I'm on the xbox one na server. And my internet connection is good.
  • Morgon
    Morgon
    Soul Shriven

In my specific case, I'm not being kicked, it's timing out on "Requesting character load".
    After that timeout, the screen "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." appears.

My character is in Mournhold/Deshaan, not in these other places people are referencing.

For what it's worth, I was able to create a new character successfully. It's simply my main/existing character that will not log in.
  • zilfandel
    zilfandel
    Soul Shriven
    Ok same issue here can't contact support cause your help page is ***. I am so sick of this game and the lack of support its not even funny.
This discussion has been closed.