Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

nirnhoned broken again

Valnas
Valnas
✭✭✭✭
I applaud fixing the fact that it was going through armor entirely.

As tested, sharpened staffs and 1hs weapons are giving more penetration than nirnhoned equivalents compared with identical bars.

WHY? ?????
Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
valnäs EP nb
opHotterslol AD dk
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is *** hilarious! GG ZOS!
    Options
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tested on 2.0.1?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    I applaud fixing the fact that it was going through armor entirely.

As tested, sharpened staffs and 1hs weapons are giving more penetration than nirnhoned equivalents compared with identical bars.

WHY? ?????

I knew this was going to happen. I even called it out a likely when they said they were going to "fix" it.

They did the same thing with Sharpened. When they "fixed" it it never worked correctly.

I don't understand why Spell Penetration has to be so difficult or confusing in this game. This whole focus rating system is just crap.

I have a Legendary Sharpened Sword and Full Light armor and I couldn't even fully penetrate 2,000 spell resist last night.

I made my Legendary Nirnhoned staff back in 1.5 after they broke Sharpened and found it to be worse than Sharpened instead. Now it appears it is back to square 1.

/sigh
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whos shocked though?
    Options
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Whos shocked though?

Absolutely nobody should be at this point.
    Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    I just tested it with molten whip on flame atros.

No CP in spell pen or apprentice stone
    32,416 magicka

epic sharpened staff (12%):
    1989 spell power
    molten whip: 5929 base *8952* crit

legendary nirn staff (18%):
    2029 spell power
    molten whip: 5881 base *8880* crit
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manually removed. (not constructive)
    Edited by Armitas on March 16, 2015 10:51PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you drink enough the numbers switch to where they should be.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

32,416 magicka

1989 spell power

2029 spell power

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom How can you guys continue to do this? Nirnhoned Weapons have been broken since release. Why is this so difficult to do right? Do you realize with the advent of 1.6 and the abundance of Spell Resistance how important spell penetration is? None of it works right and it takes someone literally 5 minutes to test these things after making changes in order to determine they are not working correctly.

All of the values reported on the tooltips of these weapons are *100% Arbitrary*. They don't correlate to each other and they surely don't correlate to what they should be doing. A Legendary Sharpened Sword with 7% Spell Penetration does not give half of the Penetration of a Legendary Staff with %14 Penetration. Two Legendary Sharpened Swords with 14% combined penetration do not even surpass a common Sharpened Staff with 8% Penetration. Please find someone in your development team who cares enough to look at this long enough to do it right!

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly sharpened is broken now ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    There is a bug with the Sharpened Trait that we're working on a fix for.

As a reminder, we understand frustration over outstanding bugs, but please keep it constructive and respectful.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

32,416 magicka

1989 spell power

2029 spell power

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom How can you guys continue to do this? Nirnhoned Weapons have been broken since release. Why is this so difficult to do right? Do you realize with the advent of 1.6 and the abundance of Spell Resistance how important spell penetration is? None of it works right and it takes someone literally 5 minutes to test these things after making changes in order to determine they are not working correctly.

All of the values reported on the tooltips of these weapons are *100% Arbitrary*. They don't correlate to each other and they surely don't correlate to what they should be doing. A Legendary Sharpened Sword with 7% Spell Penetration does not give half of the Penetration of a Legendary Staff with %14 Penetration. Two Legendary Sharpened Swords with 14% combined penetration do not even surpass a common Sharpened Staff with 8% Penetration. Please find someone in your development team who cares enough to look at this long enough to do it right!

And it is not just spell penetration from weapon traits. The spell pen from the Champion system also seems wonky (read as: does not actually give spellpenetration)
    Options
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a reminder, we understand frustration over outstanding bugs, but please keep it constructive and respectful.
    With all due respect, there is more then one bug. The entire spellpenetration system is kind of a mess, with tool tip values apparently not correlating with actuall penetration values
    Options
  • KarshtheWraith
    KarshtheWraith
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about game breaking bugs? IT HAS ARRIVED!!! CROWN STORE WHOOO!
    MEGA BEST FRIENDS
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    alright, so sharp is reducing armor and spell resist and thus, spell resist doubly ?

and thank you for the quick reply and that they've identified it.
    Edited by Valnas on March 16, 2015 10:39PM
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • HyperToxic
    HyperToxic
    ✭✭✭

Here is my attempt at being constructive and respectful.

There is a new bug with Nirnhoned and it provides much less Focus Rating than the stated amount on the tool tip.

Haven's Extended Stats show the following Focus Ratings (full light armor & legendary inferno staff):

Precise: Focus Rating 4841
    Nirnhoned: Focus Rating 4912
    Sharpend: Focus Rating 11618

The amount of penetration for Sharpend should be +14% and for Nirnhoned should be +18%

Here is my attempt at doing the math:

If my base Focus Rating from passives is 4841 then Sharpend should give 4841 + (4841 * 0.14) = 5518
    If my base Focus Rating from passives is 4841 then Nirnhoned should give 4841 + (4841 * 0.18) = 5712

ZOS: If it does not work this way - then please for the love of god explain. These have never ever worked correctly. People are tired of wasting all their legendary mats.

Please have someone that knows what they are doing balance them together once and finally.
    Edited by HyperToxic on March 16, 2015 11:01PM
    V14 Sorc / V14 Templar / V14 Dk / V5 NB

Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Math is hard.

Cereally now, from the look of things all they did was revert to the old bugged code that mad made nirnhoned useless the past 6 months. ZOS, I literally cannot even with you right now.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but they did fix the concentration light armor passive so it does give spell pen, it wasn't before I dont think, its in the patch notes.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    using a precise equivalent and a nirn with streak
    2486 nirn
    2366 precise non crit

120 dmg = 5%~ different on base hits.

1556 vs 1586 on fury (30/1586 = 1.8%)

5318 5416 frag (1.8%)

Both staffs are gold so we are comparing 5 lt vs 5 lt + a gold nirnhoned 2h staff

i can only guess something about my high elf or elemental passives are altering the ration on streak because of shock vs magick dmg here.
    Edited by Valnas on March 16, 2015 10:57PM
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Can I post my DPS with nirn now without being called an exploiter ? and if anyone does so with a sharpened staff does that make them the exploiter ? Trying to make progress with my build
    Edited by wrathofrraath on March 16, 2015 11:12PM

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • HyperToxic
    HyperToxic
    ✭✭✭

Is the fix going to be like the "FIX" for nirnhoned? Make is useless and give less sell penetration than the tool tip suggests? The reason I ask is because I would like to have one crafted. Really, I don't know if Nirnhoned is going to be rebuffed or if sharpened is going to be nerfed into the ground.

Please give us some insight.
    V14 Sorc / V14 Templar / V14 Dk / V5 NB

Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a lot more testing:

Nirnhoned is giving us 1.8% benefit, not 18% as the tooltip states. can we update this tooltip please.

also, shock dmg is pentrating armor in a bizarre manner, My Crushing shock dmg is favoring the lightning particularly.
    Edited by Valnas on March 16, 2015 11:38PM
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nirnhoned is giving us 1.8% benefit, not 18% as the tooltip states. can we update this tooltip please.

also, shock dmg is pentrating armor in a bizarre manner, My Crushing shock dmg is favoring the lightning particularly.

Any cp points could be adding shock damage? Or opponents cp points reducing?
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is such a mess, I really don't understand how they can keep being that lazy with the spell resistance/penetration system.

I'll not be happy once I see all the rosin i saved for the next patch during 1.5 will be wasted :expressionless: .

Any cp points could be adding shock damage? Or opponents cp points reducing?

Only together with frost and fire damage.

Edit:

Seeing Awesomes appear I think we really need LOL back :confused: .
    Edited by ToRelax on March 17, 2015 5:49AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Although I don't rely on either trait, if you really understood the level of frustration over a very long term issue, you would not chide the posters over their frustration. You would thank them for their patience.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm anyone really getting higher numbers with sharpened? I mean like on actual enemies not with harvens in the character screen.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Hm anyone really getting higher numbers with sharpened? I mean like on actual enemies not with harvens in the character screen.

Yes the molten whips vs flame atros were tested in spellscar.
    Edited by wrathofrraath on March 17, 2015 9:49PM

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe we just want to say HOW MUCH frustated we are.
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some correct numbers:

1. How much spell resist did negate the 5/5 light armor bonus?
    2. How much spell resist did negate the nirnhorned trait now?
    3. How much spell resist did negate the CP points?

Please in one unit (% or spell resist)
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

in cyrodiil i´m having the same numbers as yesterday where i used sharpend as well.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 17, 2015 3:38PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options