The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about the changes to Redguard and Orc armor designs

• ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new textures/sharpened lines, but do not like many of the design changes
    Users continue to express their dissatisfaction with these changes in the threat in the PTS forum, but this is now a better spot. I am STILL very unhappy with these changes. I hope that the continued unhappiness of the member base will get some attention. In particular, the SeaDrake disguise changes has pretty much ruined all plans for a repeat of our Talk Like A Pirate Day party in September. Nobody with eyes would be caught dead claiming to be a pirate in the new version.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new textures/sharpened lines, but do not like many of the design changes
    Just came back from hibernation, made a new alt, and my first scream at the game was, "OMG Lerisa WTF ARE YOU WEARING?!"

The Cyro lag wasn't fixed, I don't care. Cheaters and hackers still roam free, I don't care. FPS drop, getting stuck having to alt+f4, siege engine bug, door bug, I don't care anymore. I knew PVP was hopeless, I came back for PVE. Yet again, the devs just had to. They have to find something good in the game and break it. It's their fun and joy.

To whomever that's responsible for this horrid experience you provided me, please read below to understand why I hate you.

She was Crafty Lerisa, one of my favourite characters in game, who pretended to be a tree as we were playing hide and seek in Stros M'kai. I was tasked to find her, of course. This isn't the first time I do this, yet I enjoy it and look forward to it every time. (probably my 12th time starting an alt in DC)

"Oh she's gonna grab her tree costume and hide behind the rock again." so I thought.

As I interacted with her, the camera closed in and she got me this time. She totally had me, I was unprepared. It is in my wildest dream that she managed to get a Star Trek disguise made from recycled condoms in the world of Tamriel. That design, that texture, I would have never imagined I would see it anywhere else other than on Teletubbies or Power Rangers. I know Superman is inspiring, but we definitely don't need his new costume here, he wears spandex, pirates in Tamriel should wear clothes, normal human clothes.

This is backward mentality. People seek liberation, independence and ultimately freedom. Businessman used to suit up for meetings in a room with a massive table and more chairs than participants for meetings; Now they can be anywhere but the toilet, wearing whatever they want as long as it looks decent and pays respect to the other party who's on the screen. Zenimax employees don't wear suits and ties to work, do they? ZoS employees, you're not forced to wear something you don't like, are you? Then why do you have the knack for stripping away player's freedom of choice?

It breaks immersion. Name me one pirate who dresses up in something similar to a spandex made Star Trek costume with a superhero V on the chest. How does seeing such abomination in Tamriel not break immersion?

Looking from a business perspective, however, I suspect these changes were implemented for the console launch. Certain countries have regulations that requires characters to be "fully clothed" prior to the game being approved for distribution in said country. Anything violent, blood&gore, suggestive, terrorism related, would also have to be removed as some countries such as China deem MMO being accessible by all age and hence these regulations. (Boob window and cleavages have obvious reasons, Redguards on the other hand resembles ... )

It's only wise that ESO is to be pushed into the China market, though the implementation is pure laziness.

When going international, most of the latest Korean MMOs go through retexture and had their clothes modified just like this dumb patch, however, they leave a setting in the launcher where players could choose to play the "censored" or "uncensored" version. Both files are in the client folder, so the client will then pull from resources determined by player's option.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer the old looks to the Redguard.It's nice to look female,even when I'm killing some ugly monster.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they ignored the protests too long. I unsubscribed from the game and do not intend to give any more money to them til they make it worthwhile. Take pity on those poor NPCs. Nobody would voluntarily wear that new redguard style. The designer who came up with it, I'm sorry.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like none of the changes.
    Having recently tried out the Redguard heavy, and Orc light chest ( v5 ) I can honestly say I rather like those two items. However, the Redguard light, medium, and other Orc changes I still find appallingly repulsive.

I cringe inwardly every time I have to do the Sea Drake quest on a DC alt, and delete the costume immediately afterward, whereas I used to keep it on me all the time. As I was browsing ESO Fashion the other day, I came across some pictures of the old Redguard light and medium armours, and was saddened all over again by the loss of such unique, pretty and interesting looking armour styles.

I don't see why we couldn't have kept the original styles as another option somewhere, rather than just toss them aside in favour of a superhero styled ugly outfit that even Superman would be embarrassed to wear.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the orc heavy and redguard light :)
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that was wrong with the original redguard armour was that the shoulder pads were a little too high. Otherwise it was by far the best light armour style in the game. One had to simply wander around any city hub area in the early days of the game to see that this style was the one most preferred, and as a clothier I had more requests for the original redguard light armour style than anything else.

Oddly enough since the change I have had not one request for the new style.

Rev%20Outfit%20vr5_zpswcd9hs4a.jpg

Now the orc light armour on the other hand; the textures were indeed very blurry and the trimming far too wide in some sections (there was more trim than cloth). It has been improved. It now dyes, fits and looks a lot nicer.

Rev%20and%20Grayol%20in%20Craglorn_zpstjwgwodc.png

Why on earth development felt the need to touch the redguard armour instead of say, primal or barbarian armour that no one wears due to it's simply horrible look and lack of dye functionality... I don't think we'll ever know.

My only hope is they'll bring it back as a crown store motif option. I very small consolation, but at least we would be able to have it back in the game. I hope development are listening, after all it's an MMO: If you want your players to remain you don't take options away, only give more.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 27, 2015 7:48AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't wear these armors, and or don't care that much about armor design
    I have no clue what you are talking about.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look in the original post for screenshots of the old Redguard Light Armors that were removed from the game with 1.6. We may have stopped crying about it on a daily basis, but players have not forgotten the old loved armors and it's things like this where developers blatantly ignore the outcry of large numbers of players that cause people to leave games ;( I really really hope they start to pay attention now that Console Tunnel Vision is supposed to be lifting.
  • OrdainedFaun
    OrdainedFaun
    ✭✭
    I am going to state (as has already been stated), I feel that ZOS has failed to create feminine armor styles that make me feel like a woman playing. If I wanted real life, I would not be playing a game! I want my fantasy immersion back that has been ripped from me. And sorry, the redone wedding dress in black is an uber fail in my book - it has the exact same lines as the wedding dress but is black. This is supposed to give us better options how??? The worst part about the crown store costumes is that you cannot mix with a guild tabard or other costume option. Oh wait, and you cannot dye them, and they randomly remove themselves while you are playing. Again - so much for immersion. I have to wear a costume when I play as I despise all the heavy armor styles (not feminine), and then to have it randomly removed every 5 mins is just plain cruel.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    Feel the power of the Social Justice Warriors! With the help of those like Anita there will be peace in the gaming universe?
  • septvestige
    septvestige
    ✭✭
    Actually I like it they don't support slutty clothing. There are a bunch of other mmo where all female are back hurting big boobed *** in bikinis.
    I see threads here already about gay guilds or girl guilds. Why?! This is not that type of game. It's for adults and children as well so sexuality should be kept on minimum (in my opinion!). Why would anyone limit guild membership upon sexuality or gender?

I know, i know this thread is about cloth design but I see you really miss the cleavage and the amount of shown skin and that is sexuality not fashion design.
    On the other hand how could be a heavy armor feminine?
    You miss the lol button? It has been taken away for a reason. And the reason is how people used it for bash others who didn't share their opinion.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server is STILL down??? Wow the only thing I can think of taking this long is fixing the redguard light and medium armors!
    Actually I like it they don't support slutty clothing. There are a bunch of other mmo where all female are back hurting big boobed *** in bikinis.

I know, i know this thread is about cloth design but I see you really miss the cleavage and the amount of shown skin and that is sexuality not fashion design.
    On the other hand how could be a heavy armor feminine?

Excuse me, but no. Just no. The whole point of the post WAS about the design. The new design looks terrible! The old design is something I'd actually wear. I am a real woman who enjoys fantasy games and has played every Elder Scrolls game since daggerfall. I know I am not the only woman who prefers having a character that bears some degree of resemblance to myself and also wears clothes that I would enjoy wearing or at least imagining wearing.

I'm not asking for a tiny itty bitty bikini. In fact I sort of resent that most of my alts are now wearing the seducer or golden saint costume to hide their gear. Those outfits are skimpy bikinis that look uncomfortable. I want something that looks like nice, attractive, feminine, fantasy setting clothing!
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I feel as though ESO is "falling out of the spotlight" in terms of the number of players & people looking at it in general. Is there any possibility we can go back to the old "with cleavage" style due to less scrutiny from no longer being under a microscope limelight?
    It's pretty clear the MAJORITY of the player base wants this.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I see those new redguard armours, the more I wanna know who is the designer who made these crap. They don't even look like they're from the sands anymore, nor do they resemble anything Yokudan. The ancient Yokudan armours in the game is terrific, though players don't get to wear that.

The lore before the change was this - The Yokudans were great at making armours, they came to Tamriel and dwelled in the sands, as time passes, these tough warriors adapt. Their clothing choice now greatly depicts the harshness of Hammerfell.

The lore now goes like this - The Yokudans had great fashion sense when they first arrive on Tamriel, then they played too much Mortal Kombat, watched too much Ultraman/Ironman, discovered a huge oil reserve beneath the sands, and successfully planted some rubber trees allowing them to use spandex and plastic as a crafting material.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    The more I see those new redguard armours, the more I wanna know who is the designer who made these crap. They don't even look like they're from the sands anymore, nor do they resemble anything Yokudan. The ancient Yokudan armours in the game is terrific, though players don't get to wear that.

It makes me not even want to play any of the quests in Alikr, Bangkoria, and Craglorn. The NPCs make me want to cry.
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old designs were great. The dresses looked flowy, comfortable and nice - whereas the new ones look like plastic. So what if boobs are shown? Are you that appalled by female bodies? Why shame women for showing the body they were born with, which is completely natural? You don't see men be called names for showing skin, as if sexual appeal is a bad thing.

Also, the Seadrake costume (to mention one) was completely destroyed.
    Edited by SanderBuraas on July 7, 2015 7:59PM
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    I prefer the new armor designs
    Armor was always meant to protect you in combat, not to reveal your skin and leave you unprotected. Even "breasts" on heavy armor are actually impractical because an impact on that kind of armor would crush the wearers sternum, but this is fantasy game, and I can somehow understand those "breasts" and "breasted armors". If you want a bit more revealing clothes, then it shouldn't be any armor, or at least heavy armor but clothes, the ones you can find randomly in crates in game. (Some medium and light armor too). Or at least there should be an option while crafting, to make it revealing or covering type.
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arrille wrote: »
    Armor was always meant to protect you in combat, not to reveal your skin and leave you unprotected. Even "breasts" on heavy armor are actually impractical because an impact on that kind of armor would crush the wearers sternum, but this is fantasy game, and I can somehow understand those "breasts" and "breasted armors". If you want a bit more revealing clothes, then it shouldn't be any armor, or at least heavy armor but clothes, the ones you can find randomly in crates in game. (Some medium and light armor too). Or at least there should be an option while crafting, to make it revealing or covering type.

But before there WERE choices and now there are not. Before there was 1 single heavy armor that was more revealing out of 10. Players who didn't like that one style had many other options. But the armors people are more upset about are the medium and light armors. A light armor shouldn't look like a jumpsuit in a fantasy game. It's out of place, inappropriate for the setting and plain old ugly.

You're right, breasts on armor are unrealistic. Having only realistic armor would be very VERY boring. It's nice to have some realistic options but players like variety and choice, not forced conformity.
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    Arrille wrote: »
    It's a tactical thing to flash boobs at your enemy, just sayin':>
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • Nallenil
    Nallenil
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wear these armors, and or don't care that much about armor design

[/quote]
    It's a tactical thing to flash boobs at your enemy, just sayin':>[/quote]

I agree with Raven :> Well... I still wear seducer's costume and flash them everywhere I go.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, impracticality aside, the new redguard light looks....plastic and unattractive.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the new armor designs
    Your poll curiously has no option for liking both the old and new so I've had to pick the closest which is saying I prefer the new.

I don't see any problem with the old ones. Sure they show a little bit of skin but I've seen male armours (in other games) that show a hell of a lot more. By the same token I don't need to see skin so I don't see the new versions as worse.

I've always liked ESO's visual style. Best MMO in that respect for my tastes. These changes don't alter that.
    Edited by Nerouyn on July 17, 2015 2:37AM
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the new Redguard light and medium. It didn't bother me much until the console launch and I made a character in Daggerfall. UUGH! The light jerkin looks like the cheap costume someone came up with for a failed sf series. The medium baggy shirt with a leather chest patch is even worse. I was really happy that the stolen armor was all Breton since my Redguard couldn't make anything but ugly armor.

The old Orc, on the other hand, was what made me drop my first character, an Altmer mage. She found some somewhere and it was the best I had at the time. When she put it on her boobs grew three sizes and her butt at least two. I realized then that I need to make my women flat chested with no butt or the armor was going to make them look grotesque and my first Altmer became the holder of all things I don't need now.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Pentegarn
    Pentegarn
    ✭✭
    nm, posted before reviewing more of the thread.

Edited by Pentegarn on July 17, 2015 3:07AM
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the new sharpened textures as well as a good handful of armor changes for male characters, but I think female characters are definitely getting the shaft here and that just simply isn't a good thing in my book for this game.

However, I don't agree with having (large) parts of the upper torso exposed with armor of any kind. That's absurd for any TES game. This isn't a Skyrim mod, and there is a lot of thought that has to go into design for characters related to the lore of the TES series itself so that it doesn't break convention 'too' much to satisfy the fact that it is an MMO.

That being said...(laughs) it is an MMO. You kinda have to expect that people will be upset if female characters start resembling males more-and-more just as they would be if they were too feminine. In my opinion, many of the older outfits were 'too' feminine and could have been dialed back a bit, but I think the changes were awful by comparison and that is certainly something that matters.

I think the designers need to go back to the drawing board and see what works and what doesn't, try to meet players at a compromise, and put the effort into making different outfits for female characters. Because simply adding breast implants is not cutting it for current armor designs on females, in my opinion.
    Edited by Korozenn on July 17, 2015 6:19AM
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that of all my threads, THIS ONE and its predecessor continually get the most posts. I think the devs are still hoping that we'll simply forget about this change. Clearly we are not, and are not going to stop asking for a reconsideration.

Sorry for not having a poll option saying you like both styles. Since I hadn't heard anyone voice that opinion before I didn't think of it, and I tried to have poll options that allowed a better spread than the others which had "I like the changes" and "I hate the changes" which didn't do justice to the fact that one of the changes is well approved and the other is mostly hated.
  • Thalmont
    Thalmont
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to the armor sets being altered.
    I believe it is outragous, light armor doesn't need to be full body this isn't Saudi Arabia.. It's Tamriel! There needs to be revealing armor to an extent. I don't want every child playing a female character running around looking like strippers in their anime armor. Tamriel is based in a more medieval style of world so less revealing is understandable IMO, but this is ridiculous.

Now on the subject of costumes.
    Ignoring the costume bundles which are clearly multi-sex clothing. There is a Jester outfit and a Drauger outfit. If the Wedding dress is the "only" female costume than that makes men, Jokes(Jester) or Dead(Drauger). Sexism goes both ways, The wedding dress is the ONLY gender specific costume in the game, and the fact that there isn't a male equivalent in the game is sexist, but not the way you thought. I want to look dapper..
    I heard they're planning to release a male wedding suit, but it should have been added at the same time.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thalmont wrote: »
    Now on the subject of costumes.
    Ignoring the costume bundles which are clearly multi-sex clothing. There is a Jester outfit and a Drauger outfit. If the Wedding dress is the "only" female costume than that makes men, Jokes(Jester) or Dead(Drauger). Sexism goes both ways, The wedding dress is the ONLY gender specific costume in the game, and the fact that there isn't a male equivalent in the game is sexist, but not the way you thought. I want to look dapper..
    I heard they're planning to release a male wedding suit, but it should have been added at the same time.

True enough. Part of what made the wedding dress come across so sexist was it's appearance at the same time as the redguard light armor was taken away, and the suggestion that it could be a replacement for the lost styles. However there are even FEWER options for male characters. I can't even find a decent screenshot of the lost male redguard light armor. ;( It was a really nice appealing look for men who wanted a more casual look. Male characters got nothing to take it's place and female characters got thrown a stuffy looking wedding dress which they are now recoloring to black without offering us any true different style ;(