The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

• Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, DaFunk! We'll be in touch with you guys soon.

Everyone, remember that you have until Sunday at midnight EDT to complete this challenge to be invited to an exclusive Q&A session with some ESO devs. Also, please keep this thread on topic. You can certainly discuss the Arena and its rewards/mechanics with others, but keep your feedback constructive. Thank you!

The answers on the Q&A won't be posted I guess?

Would be a real shame if we couldn't get the same information as top guilds do.

• Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    Congratulations, DaFunk! We'll be in touch with you guys soon.

Everyone, remember that you have until Sunday at midnight EDT to complete this challenge to be invited to an exclusive Q&A session with some ESO devs. Also, please keep this thread on topic. You can certainly discuss the Arena and its rewards/mechanics with others, but keep your feedback constructive. Thank you!

The answers on the Q&A won't be posted I guess?

Would be a real shame if we couldn't get the same information as top guilds do.

Why would you assume they wont post the QA?
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone of those lucky few reads this, please ask them why there are so many silly traits on endgame gear. I mean seriously, exploration on VR14 gear? Defending on the master's dagger? Well fitted on a dps set? -_-
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Itemization will definitely be something we will discuss.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Humanistic
    Humanistic
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌ ZOS_GinaBruno

I am reading this post and seeing what I continue to see with people - zero game philosophy being applied to systems design.

The arena or "gauntlet" is a REALLY good idea - but yet again you guys are forcing people to group. Even more - these guys are spending literally hours and hours on end just to beat it. It seems to me in that case, like the fun factor has been completely degraded to the point of no return - it's all about the challenge. That is fine - but big challenges like this have no replay value.

I think a lot more players would be inclined to get involved if everyone could enter the arena solo in a gladiator-type competition or something. Then throw monsters on top of them and make it complete killing pandemonium. But also have a version where groups can compete against one another, or just with monsters.

Players want options - even if they never use them. Just having them there makes a lot of people stick around longer.

I just think you guys focus too much on the challenge/difficulty in this game (the reason i un-subbed, the VR level grind).
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO
    Deadmedic wrote: »
    @‌ ZOS_GinaBruno

I am reading this post and seeing what I continue to see with people - zero game philosophy being applied to systems design.

The arena or "gauntlet" is a REALLY good idea - but yet again you guys are forcing people to group. Even more - these guys are spending literally hours and hours on end just to beat it. It seems to me in that case, like the fun factor has been completely degraded to the point of no return - it's all about the challenge. That is fine - but big challenges like this have no replay value.

I think a lot more players would be inclined to get involved if everyone could enter the arena solo in a gladiator-type competition or something. Then throw monsters on top of them and make it complete killing pandemonium. But also have a version where groups can compete against one another, or just with monsters.

Players want options - even if they never use them. Just having them there makes a lot of people stick around longer.

I just think you guys focus too much on the challenge/difficulty in this game (the reason i un-subbed, the VR level grind).

MMO's are designed so that people can play together, and that is what the development needs to cater to. There are plenty of single player TES games, but this particular one is multiplayer.
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Vokundein made it to Round 10 last night, got the boss to 72% since we only had about 28 lives left thanks to Round 9 RNG lol. The last boss is awesome, these mechanics are definitely a challenge to deal with and we for one are extremely thankful for this. Still working on theory crafting a solid strategy for him, we will be going again tonight to wear him down!

VOKUNDEIN FRON!
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hodor‌ @dafunk

Serious question.
    1. Would you attempt an even more challenging version of the arena with 12 players where you may have to fragment and recombine to deal with the challenge ?
    2. Would content like this that scaled with player number appeal to you ?

I have asked the communtiy, but asking hardcore grouping players feels more appropriate as such content would be aimed at keeping you guys interested too. So I really value you opinion.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 5, 2014 9:35PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    1. Yes
    2. Yes

That being said I would much rather have more challenging original 12 man content than is not recycled or re-scaled existing content.
    Edited by Draconerus on September 5, 2014 10:53PM
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • loopypanda
    Just finished Dragonstar hardmode with ZBT, Mormo, and Madini. Thanks guys, really awesome run!
    Haejung - EP Breton Nightblade
    Something-Pithy - EP Breton Templar
    Hot Shovel - EP Redguard Templar
    Pants On Fyre - EP Dunmer DK
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    What a crazy fun challenge. ^_^ Attached are pictures of the achievement.
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    @Hodor‌ @dafunk

Serious question.
    1. Would you attempt an even more challenging version of the arena with 12 players where you may have to fragment and recombine to deal with the challenge ?
    2. Would content like this that scaled with player number appeal to you ?

I have asked the communtiy, but asking hardcore grouping players feels more appropriate as such content would be aimed at keeping you guys interested too. So I really value you opinion.

Yes on both of the questions we would u love it ...
  • General_Kefka
    General_Kefka
    ✭✭
    More Dafunk clears:
  • Neptonic
    Neptonic
    ✭✭
    I DID IT AS WELL. HOORAH.
    w0sye0396ymq.png

http://imgur.com/qSD0tfM
    Edited by Neptonic on September 7, 2014 12:29AM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Vokundein is Streaming again
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    On boss 10 with 59 lives!

1) Please don't nerf this content because it has been extremely fun! It is unforgivable and reminds me of something out of WoW. Been a long time since it took me more than a day or two to clear and entire zone.

2) Itemization is a serious issue. I think it is time to either be able to edit traits or fix the ones that drop

Vokundein Fron!
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Allright hodor is streaming again! And we may show last boss tactic ;)

Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Medakon, White Claw and Agnar for the run!
    Was a blast healing you guys in there for sure!
    VDSA_zps7da3794d.jpg
    Edited by Anjelicus on September 7, 2014 10:48PM
    VDSA.jpg 476.9K
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    Thank you Medakon, White Claw and Agnar for the run!
    Was a blast healing you guys in there for sure!

Np! Had fun spamming spell symetry :p
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Just gonna post @agnarBlackth0rn achivment proof for completing this challenge since he dosnt have a forum account.

j4wqi82dlmtc.jpg

z1eolpke24os.jpg
  • Lisilas
    Lisilas
    Soul Shriven
    5jpo5y79wj3c.png
    kwcc76nqokcm.png
    4ahj36dm7jh3.png

@‌Lisilas

Vokundein Fron!
    Edited by Lisilas on September 8, 2014 2:17AM
    Vokundein
    Lisilas - Vice Officer of Recruitment
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Vokundein has completed this with a couple hours to spare!

om2nosty0rpu.jpg
    7yznxsqhdg66.jpg

Congrats to everyone who finished this before the deadline! Bring on the Dev Panel

VOKUNDEIN FRON!
    Edited by Anjelicus on September 8, 2014 4:40AM
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    9eZz7an.jpg

RYgLLYJ.jpg

Vokundein has finally completed it with a few hours to spare.

Amazing content ZoS we had a blast taking our time getting it all down.

BTW we are an EP Guild although because of a previous PTS issue had DC characters and guild so we stayed on DC. EP for life though!

Vokundein Fron!

@Zintair
    Edited by Zintair on September 8, 2014 2:17AM
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Khaer
    Khaer
    ✭✭
    Vokundein Fron!

Screenshot_20140907_210116_zpse0ac86fc.png

Congratulations everyone who got this done. Definitely some challenging content.

@khaer_96
    Edited by Khaer on September 8, 2014 2:22AM
    Vokundein
    Khaer - Elder of Legend Gaming

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Congrats Vokundein! We'll be in touch later today about the Q&A.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the Dragonstar Arena Challenge. We hope you had fun, and greatly appreciate you reporting any bugs and providing feedback!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadmedic wrote: »
    @‌ ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry dude, but if i play this game is because it s an mmo, and i prefeare the challenges with others players. There is already a lot of solo content here. Tes6 maybe will be your solo fun.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Congrats Hodor! Remember everybody, this is world first PTS. Keep pushing maybe somebody else will earn the world first that really matters :)

The only world first is on the pts because after we show the strategy is not really a challenge anymore ...

and u guys get the live patch round about 10 hours before European server so its not really hard for u to get the world first on live ^^

World First on live means nothing as long you know the tactics from the pts. And btw this world first pts means a lot because the boss will also changed to make it more possible ^^

Sorry for the very late response.

The reason that the live release is the important kill is for a number of reasons:
    • Like you said, the boss will be changed for release to make it easier. What happens in 6 months when a new boss is released on the PTS for testing and it turns out the boss isn't functioning properly? This hypothetical boss is extremely easy to kill, and we complete it within 30 minutes of release before you wake up. Do we now get to claim we were the world first guild to complete that boss? No, of course not.
    • As you'll observe from every other game in the world, people wait until the live release of content before tracking and rewarding world first kills to guilds. This is the norm, and in most other games Europe gets later releases than North America. This is why content is often split into NA and EU regions, with some website weighting EU kills to compensate for the release time difference.
    • It is your choice to release strategies for the content prior to its live release. If you choose to do so, you might find that you lose the world first kill, and that will be a mistake you must learn from.
    • On the PTS everything is handed to you for free: VR14 gear, unlimited potions, enchantments, food, etc. These are all things which guilds on live work for months to obtain. Additionally, when the content is released on live we will all be 2 levels lower than our characters on the PTS and it is the responsibility of the guild to decide whether to level first or attempt to push the content underleveled.

Good luck to everybody!
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 10, 2014 8:56PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt see one clear on live what took months ;) hel ra and aa hardmode took 1 hour after release ...

aa and helra took half day on live ;) but it took entropy 3 months on pts ..

Live server u can use 3 pots ... you have crafted gear all skills u need lvled

Anyway there is only one first kill in the world ^^

And the boss is already easier ... so good luck to you guys

• Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    When should we be hearing from you, @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    she has already contacted us several times, should be soon mormo
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE