Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

• Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    Hey guys,

we visit the last boss today 2 times with around 160 lives left ... spend more than 8 hours today...

What to say .... its totally crazy, why tried everything to get a working tactic but we failed so far...

we are getting him down to 60 % but we don't have any chance to improve at that point ...

maybe we are just missing something ...

stay tuned .. I hope some of you are joining us soon to fight hardest encounter in this game

HODOR Guild EU - still thinking what to do with the last boss
    -
    wj3ac0xh30h6.jpg

Madini

Good luck guys, hopefully you get him soon!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

we visit the last boss today 2 times with around 160 lives left ... spend more than 8 hours today...

What to say .... its totally crazy, why tried everything to get a working tactic but we failed so far...

we are getting him down to 60 % but we don't have any chance to improve at that point ...

maybe we are just missing something ...

stay tuned .. I hope some of you are joining us soon to fight hardest encounter in this game

HODOR Guild EU - still thinking what to do with the last boss
    -
    [*img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/or/wj3ac0xh30h6.jpg[/img]

Madini

Impressive, but... there's a 100-life limit in the soul reservoir, so if you have 160 left I'm gonna have to call hax!!!!! /sarcasm :p
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Last Prodigies NA AD guild is on stage 9 now, still trying to figure out how to survive the spike damage on top. We let one NB solo the portals.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Impressive, but... there's a 100-life limit in the soul reservoir, so if you have 160 left I'm gonna have to call hax!!!!! /sarcasm :p

Hrhr :wink:

we went two times there one time with 90 and one time with 70 rezzes ...

And we visiting him again first time today with 89 rezzes ...

We did a little bit progress

Selfie from there ^^

07h36o874fe6.jpg

Madini
    HODOR Guild EU

Edited by TheMast3r on August 25, 2014 6:06PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    I think you are making a mistake.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

hey gina,

to be honest we enjoy that challenge and please wait a bit more till we killed him :smile:

I think we found a way to kill him ... its all about the tactic. We spend also a lot of time on stage 9 till we figured out how to do. Now its simple ...

With Baby Face Bananas, Da Funk and Hodor (sorry if I forgot someone) you have the best PVE Guilds in ESO working on that.

And the tactics will be released and videos will be in the internet so it will be easy for casual players.

I think we will kill him tonight ....

Thx
    Madini Hodor Guild
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to clarify, we are not nerfing this battle. There is a chance that with the right combination of abilities, your entire group could be instantly killed with no way to fight against it. We're just adjusting how this mechanic fires off to make sure the last boss fights fairly.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, we are not nerfing this battle. There is a chance that with the right combination of abilities, your entire group could be instantly killed with no way to fight against it. We're just adjusting how this mechanic fires off to make sure the last boss fights fairly.

That's right, if you wear heavy armor, or have a stamina build, and/or a werewolf, you'll be instantly killed. They changed it so Light armor/staff won't be insta killed. They just want to make sure this new content is inline with the rest of the game.
    Edited by Warraxx on August 25, 2014 8:51PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

That's right, if you wear heavy armor, or have a stamina build, and/or a werewolf, you'll be instantly killed. They changed it so Light armor/staff won't be insta killed. They just want to make sure this new content is inline with the rest of the game.

You just earned a well deserved LOL from me. Thanks for the laugh.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Funny how many ppl still don't understand how the game is working ... heavy armor works against melee dmg. When there are no melee guys you don't have to use heavy armor. heavy armor protects and is not for making you imba dmg dealer.

And actually heavy is getting better since the new passives and without heavy armor u will fail in arena ...

Of course still they have to do some small changes to get stamina up but its more a pool problem then something else.

DPS wise u can reach with dk or Templar two hand build the same or higher dps like with an magicka only build. but still its more a hybrid build then a stamina only build.

Most of the ppl crying around because the simply don't know how to play their class.

Just my 2 cents ....

• Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭

Most of the ppl crying around because the simply don't know how to play their class.

Just my 2 cents ....

I agree and disagree, whereas the dps isnt as bad as people claim it is with a stamina build, however they still don't put the numbers up as a caster build. Never once have i or any of my fellow guild members complained about it, and actually have a bow build that does about 1k sustained single target which is nice, but magicka builds even with crappy players can get about 1.2-1.3k easy (of course that is while actually performing mechanics) and the real biggest problem is melee and how many point blank aoe's there are, and simply can't dps as often as a caster staying at range and never having to worry about point blank AE's. So I will say I agree and disagree.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »

I agree and disagree, whereas the dps isnt as bad as people claim it is with a stamina build, however they still don't put the numbers up as a caster build. Never once have i or any of my fellow guild members complained about it, and actually have a bow build that does about 1k sustained single target which is nice, but magicka builds even with crappy players can get about 1.2-1.3k easy (of course that is while actually performing mechanics) and the real biggest problem is melee and how many point blank aoe's there are, and simply can't dps as often as a caster staying at range and never having to worry about point blank AE's. So I will say I agree and disagree.

I agree and disagree :wink:

Highest DPS in the game
    1. DK Melee Caster, but he is in melee range and u need a lot of skill to get this dps (around 1500 dps)
    2. Templar 2h Hybrid build medium armor(1400 dps) amazing btw and without blazing shield ^^
    3. DK 2h Hybrid build medium armor (1300 dps) ... I think u can improve this a lot, just tried it one run in AA so far.
    4. Nightblades Mage Build (1100 dps)
    5. Sorcerer Mage Build (1000 dps)

The problem is that with a melee build the rotation is more complicated and u have to be more skilled than with a range mage build. U need much more training and xp than with a mage build.

Also in PVP ... one hand shield and 2hand builds are dominating 1vs1
    of course everybody is using light armor because the most dmg which u are getting is spell dmg.

Im talking about Trial DPS which is for me actual the only dps which u can compare.

Im actually thinking that some minor changes has to be done. A little bit more dmg to the stamina abilities and something that dodge roll, sprint etc is not taking away to much ressources, than its fine.

BTW we going off topic ... sry for that.

Status Update:
    Still working on last boss, close to 50 % now ....

Wearing 7 heavy armor in Arena Veteran ^^

Madini HODOR EU Guild

Edited by TheMast3r on August 25, 2014 11:01PM
  • zippo_taylorb16_ESO
    zippo_taylorb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Anyway gonna change the subject back to dragonstar instead of builds...

Sometimes you just need to relax and watch those heroes battle! If only you could actually watch. Cheering for you guys!
    Screenshot_20140824_164617.png

p.s shameless plug for the hodor (noshiz) built "raidtimer" addon
    Edited by zippo_taylorb16_ESO on August 25, 2014 11:04PM
    Hodorian
    Templar
    Better than noshiz and medakon combined
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    DaFunk is very close to being on the final boss fight with you all. As college is starting, we are struggling to find time to get into the arena! Never-the-less, extremely excited about everyone's progress (especially you guys in Hodor)! Much respect!
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, now that our tank is back all our good dps is sick.... never gonna get a chance to go back in there lol
    Edited by Dubah on August 27, 2014 2:21AM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to it,

Vokundein is also streaming right now heh

Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    apparently twitch is not being hospitable atm...
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Pleira
    Pleira
    Beyond Infinity(AD-EU) is at the moment at Stage 9.4. We're pretty confident to clear stage 9 the next time and get our first look at the last boss, but we're a little short on free time under the week because of our normal raiding-schedule.

We're loving the Arena so far, it's a great challenge for 4 people. But please stop reffering it as hardest content in the game when there is a trial where not even the first boss is killed.
  • Aca
    Aca
    ✭✭
    agree! We have the same time problems right now. Stage 7 atm.
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia 4/4
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond Infinity(AD-EU) is at the moment at Stage 9.4. We're pretty confident to clear stage 9 the next time and get our first look at the last boss, but we're a little short on free time under the week because of our normal raiding-schedule.

We're loving the Arena so far, it's a great challenge for 4 people. But please stop reffering it as hardest content in the game when there is a trial where not even the first boss is killed.

Have to say I disagree with you telling that the serpent first boss is harder than Arena hardmode. Stage 10 is alot harder than first boss serpent. :wink:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Trial is not a problem of difficulty we will kill the first boss, but we don't have 12 ppl. If u played AA and HelRa on the PTS u would know that it was also challenging a lot. Now it is easy because everybody knows the tactics and everything was buffed and the ppl knows which builds to use.

We have seen both serpent and arena and both are challenging. But arena is harder because you are only 4 ppl and when one makes a mistake its done. While in the trial one is not that important.

But everything will get easy when u know all the tactics. The challenging thing on all that is just to figure out how to do. Once u know that its getting easy.

We are now always over 90 souls when we hit the last boss ...

We will group up with DaFunk on the PTS and kill the first boss soon....

Btw @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

can you have a look at the pvp campaigns? It seems like they are bugged, we took the whole map on azura but getting now buffs ... would be nice when this is working. Would make it easier for all the guilds here while testing serpent and arena for u guys.

It show no crit bonus from the keeps in char screen
    It shows the scroll bonus but the scrolls on the map are in their home keeps
    Emp Bonus works
    Not sure about Defensive and Offensive Scroll Bouns

Chilltrend is owned by AD
    Azura is owned by EB

Thx a lot

Would be nice if u can fix it.

Madini HODOR Guild
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Plyy0zlfa9k3xf.png
    Going to the arena is kinda "cold" :neutral_face:

Please take a look into this issue that happens everytime with the second stage hardmode, if fire goes out we get stuck with ice screen :smiley:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just relog. It fixes the issue.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    The frozen thing never happened to me. Even if the frost went out. :O Happened to some members though but it seemed to disappear when entering the next arena. :)

Seems like a lot of people are writing about the trial and so. I am sure they'd appreciate to hear it here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/128873/feedback-wanted-serpent-trial#latest isntead :D
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest DPS in the game
    1. DK Melee Caster, but he is in melee range and u need a lot of skill to get this dps (around 1500 dps)
    2. Templar 2h Hybrid build medium armor(1400 dps) amazing btw and without blazing shield ^^
    3. DK 2h Hybrid build medium armor (1300 dps) ... I think u can improve this a lot, just tried it one run in AA so far.

Assuming your list is single target...

I don't think these numbers are static like that. As a caster NB I've hit over 1700 on AA first boss, and two caster NB guildmates have even hit over 1800.

This is assuming full buffs, of course.

• Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Highest DPS in the game

I don't think these numbers are static like that. As a caster NB I've hit over 1700 on AA first boss, and two caster NB guildmates have even hit over 1800.

Dps on first boss dosnt count as real dps :disagree: I can easily pull 2,4k with my nightblade on first boss :wink: and I seen a dk deal 4k dps on him :open_mouth:
    Edited by Medakon on August 27, 2014 7:58PM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand that ... now all pvp stats are gone and u cant enter any pvp campaign ...

Took us a lot of hours to claim that map and now its not working

Kind of stupid
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

Im talking about in average and about single target builds ... we have dks reaching 2400k dps at the first boss and over 3k at the mage.

First boss the fight is to short ... only 11 sec fight that's just burst dmg. Take the numbers of magefight then u can compare a little bit better ...

• Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Starting the Hardmode Arena, wish us luck :smiley: