The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Blezer wrote: »

Nice job. I-m glad you did it before they changed the mechanics. that only shows you are real professionals. :)

How long did the arena run took you?

Hiphip hurray HODOR!!!

Clean time was 178 mins
    Total time was 289 mins

Madini HODOR Guild

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GG
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    We will now livestream stages 1-9 on twitch

(tank)
    (nightblade)

We will not show tactic for last boss to give the other guilds the chance to achieve the kill.

Madini Hodor Guild
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    CONGRATS to HODOR!

Well done guys! now if only my guild can get its [snip] together so we can get more attempts in there before the 7th ><

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on September 2, 2014 3:26AM
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Congratulations Hodor! We'll be in touch later this week to discuss the Q&A. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Hodor.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Hodor! Remember everybody, this is world first PTS. Keep pushing maybe somebody else will earn the world first that really matters :)
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 1, 2014 6:23PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Congrats Hodor! Remember everybody, this is world first PTS. Keep pushing maybe somebody else will earn the world first that really matters :)

The only world first is on the pts because after we show the strategy is not really a challenge anymore ...

and u guys get the live patch round about 10 hours before European server so its not really hard for u to get the world first on live ^^

World First on live means nothing as long you know the tactics from the pts. And btw this world first pts means a lot because the boss will also changed to make it more possible ^^

Edited by TheMast3r on September 1, 2014 7:23PM
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Here is guide run on how to reach stage 10 veteran mode :smiley:

http://www.twitch.tv/medakon/c/5046205

Hope it help people geting to that stage to test it! :wink:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Thank you, great ok!!

BTW everybody needs to post the screenshot?

Edited by TheMast3r on September 2, 2014 12:22AM
  • Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Hodor =) I hope you guys have a ton of questions for the devs =P
  • LoadingScreen
    LoadingScreen
    ✭✭✭
    congrats!

can your DK mage friend post his build pls?
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Scootworks wrote: »
    congrats!

can your DK mage friend post his build pls?

5 seducer, 4 the healer set (yes actually named that, new set coming ;) ), 2 destruction set, 2 fire destructions staff for main and offbar.

Singel Target bar
    Molten whip, unstabel flame, engulfing flame, spell symetry and inner light.

Aoe bar
    Elemental ring, fragmented shield, extendet chains, spell symetry and inner light.

Mondus stone the thief.

At the 7 stage with the boss wave he replace spell symetry on aoe bar for petrify so he can stun the add on left side once adds spawn when we drop warrior to 50%.

He also swap elemental ring for crushing shock at boss stages, so he can deal range damage while running towards the boss, then swap back to his singel target bar. :smile:

Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • LoadingScreen
    LoadingScreen
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the fast answer :)
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

Only young kids think world first is something to achieve... I been hunting and had allot of world first in many other MMOs. But it all comes down to who can sleep the least. Competing about who can stay up for 72 hours strait is not really a sport that interest me now when I'm 37.

PS: Congrats to the Hodor guild to get it done. A true achievement to figure out the fight and execute the "dance".
    Edited by Sunrock on September 2, 2014 1:21PM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »

Only young kids think world first is something to achieve... I been hunting and had allot of world first in many other MMOs. But it all comes down to who can sleep the least. Competing about who can stay up for 72 hours strait is not really a sport that interest me now when I'm 37.

PS: Congrats to the Hodor guild to get it done. A true achievement to figure out the fight and execute the "dance".

totally agree
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »

Thank you, great ok!!

BTW everybody needs to post the screenshot?

I hope you guys that get into the Q&A ask about why they won't give good loot for end game challenges. Really - why go through the trouble of learning difficult mechanics, getting a strong team together and spending hours working on some PVE for an actual LOSS of cash (when you consider repair prices.)
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    Glad to hear that the new end game its challenging and fun ...cant wait to try out myself.

And grats on the people who already finish it on the PTS ! .

Now ...question.
    Anyone tried to finish the veteran mode using stamina builds? medium armor+ two handed, or bow or dual wield .... it its doable with stamina builds ?

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just want to chime in and say congrats, guys! Some of the devs who worked on Dragonstar Arena have been watching your progress since you started, and were so excited to see you completed the full arena challenge. All that time and perseverance paid off. Very nice job.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Job! I'm loving this arena in both modes it's just plain fun to me. Hopefully we'll see something this engaging and fun for 12-24 man groups down the road.

Still not a huge fan of the soul reservoir mechanic but in the vet mode it actually feels like it belongs adding in a real consequence for death.

Now does anyone who finishes before the deadline get to sit in or was it a first only incentive?
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • tyler.kloberdanzb16_ESO
    All i have to say about the 10th stage is those flame atronachs can go to hell.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    All i have to say about the 10th stage is those flame atronachs can go to hell.

Hahaha, and congratulation on reaching stage 10 :) It takes alot of practice and trys to figure out what to do, pretty insane fight. Remember, At each stage the commentary guy gives you a hint of whats going on :wink:
    Edited by Medakon on September 2, 2014 9:55PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TheMast3r : could you post more pictures of the dropped items?
    Wololo.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @TheMast3r : could you post more pictures of the dropped items?

Stage 1 to 9 drops:

Note: These drop for vr 13 and vr 14 depending on how far you have gotten and how lucky you are.

All these sets should have 7 armour pieces and 3 jewlery. (Only found jewlery for Footman and Healer atm)

2jqpbik10xdq.png

fe8c2zg5pcxh.png

y1cybvu34lgy.png

jkp5hzvd5gd9.png

Stage 10 drop

qxwp5gu9vpgr.png

We only got that from last boss atm, he should be dropping other weapon pieces with similar enchantments. I belive the restoration staff gives you an enchantment with the ability to restore stamina with grand healing ability. :smiley:
    Edited by Medakon on September 2, 2014 10:13PM
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO

How exactly would it be a greater achievement to be the first to log on and complete content that you already have a fully developed strategy for?
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tried to finish the veteran mode using stamina builds? medium armor+ two handed, or bow or dual wield .... it its doable with stamina builds ?

I think stamina builds would make it alot harder since most of the fights are aoe based and magica based abilitys does more AOE damage and charge faster ultimate (atleast for nightblades).

But I will say.. Challenge Accepted :sunglasses: Probably we will livestream the run to show how it will end up, until stage 10 ;)
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »

Really? This is a waste of a comment, he got a world first i give them credit considering the fact that, yes i do have a life and haven't been able to play, thanks for pointing out nothing. A congratulations and walk away would have been just as suffficient, or are you mad that you didn't get the world first? Most people who believe that it doesn't matter also don't waste their times trying to troll people for doing things they don't believe is something to achieve.

To Hodor: Congratulations I wish I was able to keep up with you guys trying to make a move lol. Wish I could've seen yall in action, but don't let this guy take away the fun!

•  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    @dubah Agreed.

Guy specifically says that he "had a lot of world firsts" but then he calls them stupid for doing it here. Now, he's a little older and therefore anyone else who does it is stupid. Yet he obviously didn't have trouble finding the time in his mature schedule to keep up with this thread and tool all over the winners after they put days/weeks of effort in.

If I had this opinion, I would have been embarrassed to share it. Especially in this very thread dedicated to the contest & right next to all the congratulatory staff posts. Yeah... take part in a contest but don't be proud of yourself for winning. Unless you're a young person... which in itself is shameful. ;)

Bottom Line: Even if they were 5 year olds they should be proud as they put hours of effort in and it paid off. Period.

(And they didn't even put any more time into arena than most active ESO players do in the live servers anywho)
    Edited by Acemcfly101 on September 3, 2014 6:36AM
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great job
  • kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    kentgreigrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a further aside, agree with the Hodor comment on itemisation, what it means for motivating people to try it and what the approach to loot means for the interest and longevity of the game overall. IMO, ZOS needs to add some unique, random and rare drops to have people strongly motivated to try and beat this content.