The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another Sorc nerf, ZOS please confirm

Ryuho
Ryuho
✭✭✭✭
1.6.5. patch note
Unstable Familiar
•This ability now heals the caster for 35% of their maximum health when the familiar is killed or toggled off.
This ability now has a cast time of 1.3 seconds.
•The unstable familiar (as well as the pets from the morphs of this ability) will no longer taunt monsters if the monster is engaged with other player characters.
•Volatile Familiar (morph): Fixed an issue where Volatile Familiar was not dealing damage when toggled off.

Does cast time is only for unstable familiar or for morphs also?

If yes, it's like..
1.6.4. - My poor badly nerfed sorcs, please accept mighty heal from clannfear, only global cd - not bad 35% max hp heal - a sorc might think
1.6.5. - Srry.. It's to OP we will add tiny cast time, balanced right?

@ZOS_GinaBruno or someone from ZOS please confirm it's a joke..

Apologize for tiny sarcasm..
R.
The Farron family team (EU)
sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
templar - Selene Farron AR27
nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you need confirmation? It's in the patch notes. You'll find out soon enough anyway.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That must be the Sorcerer version of Healing Ritual with a 1.7 case time that NO TEMPLAR USES EVER......
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also not seeing the increase dmg on Crystal Frag proc in the patch notes .... hhhhhmmm.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I'm also not seeing the increase dmg on Crystal Frag proc in the patch notes .... hhhhhmmm.

If that one is gone too i´m going to laugh a little :D
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what is with Dragon Blood of DK's? Why this not nerfed? Its the same amount of heal?!
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If that one is gone too i´m going to laugh a little :D

It's to much for me.. :'(
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    And what is with Dragon Blood of DK's? Why this not nerfed? Its the same amount of heal?!

DK's have had their share of nerfs, thank you very much.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I feel the heal now is a massive buff, 1.3 seconds is not long at all and we sorcs actually have heal options now without the need of resto staff. Ca t wait to get in and give it a go, going to 've on my bar for sure
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, only DKs are allowed to have an instant percentage based heal.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you crying nerfs on a skill no one used before 1.6 anyway?

Now it might actually see use.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget:

Rebate: Fixed an issue where this ability was not restoring magicka when a Daedric pet was de-summoned or died, and the magicka restore from this passive now scales with your level instead of your maximum magicka.

Mmmm, sweet nerfs in the back.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭

Tell me who will waste slot for 1.3s selfheal..
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surge

Reduced the healing cooldown to 0.25 seconds from 1 second.

Not all nerfs, jeez you sorcerors are wicked whiney. Also 1.3 seconds is not that long for a 35% heal...
    Edited by McDoogs on March 3, 2015 6:48PM
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because so many others justified us not getting buffs because of this skill. Now that it is not useable, don't we deserve the other buffs promised?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »
    Sorry but I feel the heal now is a massive buff, 1.3 seconds is not long at all

Remember, you have to click it twice, too. So the actual time will be about 1.5 to 1.6 seconds. A heal with a long cast time is going to get you killed a whole lot. You might as well use Dark Deal.

Healing Ward is better.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    Don't forget:

Rebate: Fixed an issue where this ability was not restoring magicka when a Daedric pet was de-summoned or died, and the magicka restore from this passive now scales with your level instead of your maximum magicka.

Mmmm, sweet nerfs in the back.
    it's mean=50+v14=64 mana per recast? :D
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Sorry but I feel the heal now is a massive buff, 1.3 seconds is not long at all

Remember, you have to click it twice, too. So the actual time will be about 1.5 to 1.6 seconds. A heal with a long cast time is going to get you killed a whole lot. You might as well use Dark Deal.

Healing Ward is better.

Annnd ...

Can't harp this enough! It's now very expensive too.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HAHA Rebate change AND cast time change!!!! Unbelievable!! @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please figure out what is going on here and why Eric Wrobel hates sorcerers so much?
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »
    Surge

Reduced the healing cooldown to 0.25 seconds from 1 second.

Not all nerfs, jeez you sorcerors are wicked whiney. Also 1.3 seconds is not that long for a 35% heal...

Cool down is a cool down. Still a nerf.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Lied
    Lied
    ✭✭✭
    Could we get a consolidated unhappy Sorc thread? It was amusing for the first few threads but now it's just getting annoying.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey, we've been very patient. Where is that sit-down discussion about the sorc class you promised us weeks ago?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool down is a cool down. Still a nerf.

.25 seconds is fast enough that you won't notice a change. 1 second was pretty bad though, I'm glad that was fixed.
    Edited by McDoogs on March 3, 2015 6:56PM
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can /w me with good guild for SO runs,PvP.I'm rerolling from sorc if all this true.?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The added cast time for Unstable Familiar was intended, and all morphs actually share the same cast time. That said, we are looking at potentially increasing the power of the Unstable Familiar to help even out the newly-added cast time.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lied wrote: »
    Could we get a consolidated unhappy Sorc thread? It was amusing for the first few threads but now it's just getting annoying.

Don't like it? Then advocate for sorc fixes. Otherwise, keep your unproductive remarks to yourself.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The added cast time for Unstable Familiar was intended, and all morphs actually share the same cast time. That said, we are looking at potentially increasing the power of the Unstable Familiar to help even out the newly-added cast time.

@ZOS_GinaBruno When are we getting that "future of sorcs" discussion?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But really, so what? Combine Hardened Ward and Healing Ward, and you have a two-button solution far better than the half-baked, "hey, what if we..." idea behind the pet heal. Yes, it requires sorcs to continue equipping a resto staff, but that's nothing new for the class.

So, let's review. The removed sorc's main heal (Crit Surge), then someone had a bright idea to add this very strange pet heal. They did. Many sorcs liked it. It was immediately gutted.

Guardrail to guardrail we go.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

.25 seconds is fast enough that you won't notice a change.

I'm pretty sure you aren't fully understanding how it works or just haven't had a crit build capable of doing AOE dmg before then. 0.25s cooldown makes it so we don't get more powerful the more enemies we face, which was what the greatest bonus to crit surge was before.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno When are we getting that "future of sorcs" discussion?
    it's burned with spellcrafting

• ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, not a single person who is crying has tried this skill yet. Well, they can cry all they want, because I'm personally looking forward to using it. Feel it's going to add a lot more options to my build
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

This discussion has been closed.