The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Kicked from game

J3K
J3K
I just got kicked and told my account was suspended... ummm... why?
  • Mefod
    Mefod
    Same here, I'm so confused...
  • Zigloth
    Zigloth
    Me as well.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are banning players. They do this in bulk. Somebody reported you in game, or you triggered some kind of automated ban system.

If you do not think you have broken any rules, please follow these steps:

1) Browse to: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    2) Click Account/Billing
    3) Select "I would like to appeal a suspension/ban"

Fill in the information. It will route directly to team for appeals. You should get unbanned in around 24 hours if you've done nothing wrong.
  • Mefod
    Mefod
    ZOS are banning players. They do this in bulk. Somebody reported you in game, or you triggered some kind of automated ban system.

If you do not think you have broken any rules, please follow these steps:

1) Browse to: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    2) Click Account/Billing
    3) Select "I would like to appeal a suspension/ban"

Fill in the information. It will route directly to team for appeals. You should get unbanned in around 24 hours if you've done nothing wrong.

ty good sir, I'll try that!
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the ban was in error they generally refund the game time. Just so you know. So your subscription won't bill for that time.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    If the ban was in error they generally refund the game time. Just so you know. So your subscription won't bill for that time.

That's interesting to hear. Is there a link stating this yet?
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, however several forum members have been banned (actually, loads) and when their ban was lifted, they got an email saying they would get game time credited back.
  • Liquidus
    Liquidus
    ✭✭
    I am guessing the people griefing rare spawns or possibly some of the people that bot in pub instances are finding out they have to pay for said crimes.. Just a guess but , more times than not that is what happens.. People do stupid things ingame , then come to the forums ,Oh noes , I got the ban. If this is by mistake , I am sorry for you but if it is not , and this is the next wave of bot bans , ba-bye.
  • pjlietz
    pjlietz
    Happened to me about an hour ago. CS guy said he does not know whats going on.
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    pjlietz wrote: »

-Hey, guys, why did you ban me ?
    -I dunno.
  • Phillyas
    Phillyas
    Day 3 for my ban. I also love the people who think we are bots and gold sellers thinking we have come to the forums for forgiveness. Not that there is a larger problem with the banning tools ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chomag wrote: »

-I dunno.

They probably don't. A Zenimax "GM" has banned you. The Customer Support people were not involved. Until the "GM" people who did the ban do something to let Customer Support know what is going on with a particular account, they don't know.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • templar_von_midgard
    I was "booted" too, just an hour ago, as for why? I don't know, maybe I died too much during the The Final Assault quest, jump once, die twice...
  • pjlietz
    pjlietz
    Chomag wrote: »

-I dunno.

Lol, well wasn`t that bad but close ;) I fell through a floor or something then got kicked. I`m sure it was some automated thing but they should have been able to look after it right then IMO.
  • Dexxer
    Dexxer
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Was doing my main quest vent afk for dinner and came back banned....
  • J3K
    J3K
    Liquidus wrote: »
    I am guessing the people griefing rare spawns or possibly some of the people that bot in pub instances are finding out they have to pay for said crimes.. Just a guess but , more times than not that is what happens.. People do stupid things ingame , then come to the forums ,Oh noes , I got the ban. If this is by mistake , I am sorry for you but if it is not , and this is the next wave of bot bans , ba-bye.

I freely admit to blasting the hell out of a delve boss until they drop their blue... I'm not botting. nor griefing, nor anything else against the ToS. I'm farming for my own ends... which is essentially the foundation of MMORPGs. If I was reported for such, I'm disappointed that the player base is so quick to label people. Back in my day we actually took the time to verify it was a bot... and then did all we could to mess it up.

/Get off my lawn

• norm_voshall
    norm_voshall
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, well wasn`t that bad but close ;) I fell through a floor or something then got kicked. I`m sure it was some automated thing but they should have been able to look after it right then IMO.

Exact same thing with me. I fell through the world in Coldharbour, when I finally got back on land and settled I got booted and suspended. CS just sent me an email about using the Repair button on my launcher. They wanted to "verify your machine is the problem." What? No, you banned me. It's not my computer. I submitted the logs they wanted anyway but, I've never had a problem like this in my 16 years of MMOs.

“We repeat again: strength of character does not consist solely in having powerful feelings, but in maintaining one’s balance in spite of them. Even with the violence of emotion, judgment and principle must still function like a ship’s compass, which records the slightest variations however rough the sea.”
    ― Carl von Clausewitz
  • Dexxer
    Dexxer
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone heard from support or gotten unbanned yet ?
    Still havent recived anything about why i was banned and its getting anoying. I was 2 lvls from 50 and all sett for a day of gaming.
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    A GM should be able to contact the player in question to avoid this kind of misunderstandings.
  • george.smithb16_ESO
    If you got banned by accident appeal, if you were botting/exploiting/cheating then good riddance.
  • julien.lanckrietb16_ESO
    i also got you are suspended from the side???
    i was flying in the sky relog and got that mesage
    send a ticket and the responce is you are pernametly baned for goldspamning
    sorry for my englis
  • george.smithb16_ESO
    i also got you are suspended from the side???
    i was flying in the sky relog and got that mesage
    send a ticket and the responce is you are pernametly baned for goldspamning
    sorry for my englis

Sounds to me like you were permanently banned for Gold Spamming. I'm very happy they are doing these bans!

On the other hand, if you are innocent, which you guys almost never are, then appeal.

• Dexxer
    Dexxer
    Soul Shriven
    If you got banned by accident appeal, if you were botting/exploiting/cheating then good riddance.
    I done appeals without getting any response back. I tried the callback option without getting a call.

And as i was doing my main quest in coldharbour when i was banned i dont belive i was doing anything wrong.....
    I don't cheat i don't exploit and if i where i wouldn't have bought the physical collectors edition.....
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO
    I have the same issue. Tried to log in after maintenance this morning to find my account was "suspended". Still waiting for a reply from customer service.
  • george.smithb16_ESO
    All you can do is appeal...this thread is pointless
  • templar_von_midgard
    Just saying that, it would be good to get a response. I already sent two tickets half a day ago.
    Description of my problem: doing the buggy The Final Assault quest naked and getting kicked and as a consequence suspended.
  • Dexxer
    Dexxer
    Soul Shriven
    Is it ? it shows that there's a issue with their banning processes and how their handling it. If/When you are banned i am sure you will start to make post as well when you don't get any responses for days.
  • Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    Just a side note about falling through the world. The last time it happened to me It was difficult to /stuck because the server was kicking me for excessive chat. When you are falling it apparently spams the chat system with system chat(my theory). This may be your issue if you were falling through the world. :s
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO
    Just a side note about falling through the world. The last time it happened to me It was difficult to /stuck because the server was kicking me for excessive chat. When you are falling it apparently spams the chat system with system chat(my theory). This may be your issue if you were falling through the world. :s

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one that has experienced this. Last night I fell through the world in Cyrodiil, and after trying to type /stuck (which doesn't even work there apparently) i was kicked for spam. This probably put a flag on my account and in their most recent banwave they suspended me. That's my theory at least, and hearing about similar issues is reassuring. So no, this thread is not pointless.

• templar_von_midgard
    It's good to hear that I'm not the only one that has experienced this. Last night I fell through the world in Cyrodiil, and after trying to type /stuck (which doesn't even work there apparently) i was kicked for spam. This probably put a flag on my account and in their most recent banwave they suspended me. That's my theory at least, and hearing about similar issues is reassuring. So no, this thread is not pointless.

Thank you, for getting at least a theory on why I was booted!
This discussion has been closed.