The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS banning cheaters - Question on the FoV addon/mod

• Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Well...that changes everything. If your field of vision is no different than what any other player can see in 3rd person, I don't see any issue with that.
  • Charg
    Charg
    ✭✭✭
    @Charg, do you have a link to the FOV mod so we can take a look real quick?

Here's the reddit thread that talks about it and with proof that a ZOS customer support guy Approved it (kind of).

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/22jiih/how_do_increase_your_fov_and_support_confirming/

Sorry for the delay on my answer.

I HOPE YOU READ THIS GinaBruno! Don't leave this thread! :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Charg wrote: »
    Still here. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Charg
    Charg
    ✭✭✭

So? Is the addon okey? Bannable or not?

• Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they allow this to be changed - this is the only game that gives me serious eye strain. No idea why so I just hope it's related to the FoV.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We're having the game team look at it. Hang tight! :) We want to make sure it's safe to use, and ensure that you won't be banned for using it too.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Charg
    Charg
    ✭✭✭

We're having the game team look at it. Hang tight! :) We want to make sure it's safe to use, and ensure that you won't be banned for using it too.

That's just great to read!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Awesome... is there any chance we'll be seeing a max camera zoom distance option at some point, in the game options, by the way?

EDIT: Oh wow, adjusting the FOV on thirdperson mode since it's vertical is increasing the camera zoom too :D. Awaiting word before actually playing with it though.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 12, 2014 12:03AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Kyosji wrote: »
    True, but ALL players have the ability to move out to a point. When you are using a program to extend it out even further, then it becomes an unfair advantage for everyone except those also using that program.

This is exactly why all players should have the ability to adjust their FOV. If you feel comfortable with a cramped view then so be it.

You're argument here is basically saying "I feel this should have been in the game, but it wasn't, so I'm putting it in anyways"

It's no different than someone saying "God mode should have been in this game, but it wasn't, so I'm putting it in anyways", or "giant arrows should have been put in this game to let me see where all active chests and nodes are in this game, but it wasn't, so I'm putting it in anyways".

Not sure what your post has to do with anything this thread is talking about.... we had higher max zoom in beta and it was taken lower for no apparent reason. It's not any stat-altering or particularly gameplay altering thing, you can see a little bit more around you like you used to be able to and that's it. Arguably the option should have been in and is already slated for a postlaunch patch regardless for FOV. Max camera zoom should be too.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ban it, Gina! I feel like I have to use this addon to be competitive. :-p
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

Rofl.

Community Manager

I see what you did there...

We're still waiting to hear back from the team about this particular mod. In the meantime, we do plan on eventually implementing an FOV slider for what that's worth.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We're still waiting to hear back from the team about this particular mod. In the meantime, we do plan on eventually implementing an FOV slider for what that's worth.

Built in slider would be great. :O
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please ensure it works for third-person view as well, it's a major feature for people using that instead of just first-person, as well :D. Looking forward to seeing it in-game.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 12, 2014 4:48AM

✭✭✭
    What's the status Ginabruno?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Anxiously awaiting word myself... for a relative the fov+camera zoom distance is a game breaker, she can't play without a headache otherwise. So, if this is "kosher" she's in!

Soul Shriven
    I'm holding my breath...............
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Anxiously awaiting word myself... for a relative the fov+camera zoom distance is a game breaker, she can't play without a headache otherwise. So, if this is "kosher" she's in!

The team is still evaluating, and we should have an answer early next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you guys are adding one in soon anyway, I don't see what the issue is. Should be an easy yes, right? After learning that this actually does work well for third person, I'm gonna have to say that my joke earlier in the thread is true afterall. :(
  • Dryyab
    Dryyab
    If it patches memory it could mean a security issue for the servers... it might have a hidden purpose that we don't know about...
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you guys are adding one in soon anyway, I don't see what the issue is. Should be an easy yes, right? After learning that this actually does work well for third person, I'm gonna have to say that my joke earlier in the thread is true afterall. :(

I think the concern is to ensure it doesn't have any kind of security-affecting aspects to it both clientside and for the players (i.e. keylogger/other malware). They additionally need to consider the effects of allowing any third-party program, even if benign.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 13, 2014 1:39AM

✭✭✭✭
    a built in slider sounds great
    im not so keen on relying on an addon to do it.
    A large yellow rectangle

• Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see why this wasn't added in by ZoS to be done through the client itself...LOTS of people BEGGING for it before release!
  • heidra
    heidra
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to see ZoS actively interested & responding to these sorts of things. Hope the answer is yes, and if it is then I'll gladly install such an awesome addon.
    What is the color of night?
    Sanguine, my brother
  • FezzikVizzini
    FezzikVizzini
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop referring this as an addon. It is not. It is a stand alone .exe that alters memory in the client.

With all the actual bugs that there are already in the game you actually want to run a program that could do who knows what to your client ?

The whole thread is a complete waste of time anway because:

1) It would almost certainly be against ToC to inject into the client's memory.
    2) Even if it was against ToC do you really think that ZOS would have any method of detecting it. Jeez, people are changing map coordiantes in the client to transport under the map to mining nodes and not getting detected let alone a minor FOV change.
    Yeah, I got a PC. I just don't feel the need to post it's specifications for an ego boost.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the concern is to ensure it doesn't have any kind of security-affecting aspects to it both clientside and for the players (i.e. keylogger/other malware). They additionally need to consider the effects of allowing any third-party program, even if benign.

Hah, I was under the impression it was a real addon. Didn't realize this was an actual program. I certainly won't be using it now I guess.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    FoV slider was 'added' the 2nd last beta patch. Did they remove it since ?

Was certainly something in the works by Zeni devs
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FoV slider was 'added' the 2nd last beta patch. Did they remove it since ?

Was certainly something in the works by Zeni devs

It was never put in, just a promised feature. Along with disabling cyrodiil bolstering which as a VR player is downscaling my stats :(.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 13, 2014 3:51AM

✭✭✭
    Is this thread just an ad for an exe mod that may or may not have a keylogger embedded?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this thread just an ad for an exe mod that may or may not have a keylogger embedded?

Read the thread and find out!