The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So it has really come to this?

rager82b14_ESO
rager82b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Wanted to try the vampire questline, and each night there is guilds camping them and charging people 10k gold for a bite. Some are just doing it to irk people.

Ah the joys of a elder scroll mmo.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Oh you cannot be serious.

Not my thing, but if it was I would be livid about something like that.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would either report them (I am not quite sure but I think this is grieving) or type /feedback and describe this issue or both. Although I am still low level, I am sure I would be frustrated by such morons.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, how does getting infected work? Because I would have a suggestion for a feedback that either you, me or anyone could write. So are there such enemies in certain areas at a certain time of the day and any of them can infect you randomly? If so, I would suggest everyone would have their "copies " of such monsters, you cannot see others'. If you kill all of yours, you have to wait till next occasion. Maybe even make the system work like there is an X% chance to get infected but only on the first attack of the enemy so you cannot pull it and let yourself being attacked endlessly till you get the disease. These mobs that did the first attack should be marked so you cannot reset them and this mark should either persist after combat or the mob would simply disappear if the combat ends but it is not killed. Of course, if they reset randomly, people will rage but still less than they would with the current situation and I haven't seen too many mobs resetting yet anyway.

Or maybe you could have only one personal mob that either spawns at several possible, hidden locations of the map or just simply either spawn or not.

As I said, I am not quite sure how the system works but these are the first ideas that came to my mind after reading this. Feel free to put it into a /feedback, maybe I will do it too when I go home (I also have another idea about a possible feature of having days of the week, even months and years and most shops closing at nights, except for some bigger ones so it would have an awesome community creating feature, people visiting those few shops and/or inns when most stuff are closed) but ZOS is quite busy at the moment and they should concentrate on other issues first and this is a bit offtopic that might had been proposed by others so sorry and also sorry for the double post :P
    Edited by Csub on April 9, 2014 2:55AM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it's an urban legend. One of my guildies told me there were people killing the mobs that can make you a vampire so they would be the only ones who could transform other players for "a fee".

If that is true, I do not find that behavior tolerable at all and I think they should be reported in game if you find them. They are purposely disrupting the normal gameplay and getting benefits from it, like another way of extortion.

If nothing of this is true, then we shouldn't be worried :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Amiya
    Amiya
    Solution: Become Dawnguard, turn on free-for-all PvP in that area... let it sort itself out.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it is true, The respawn rate on them is so long, Once I get the story done and cure it, the thought of having to go through this stuff twice just makes me /sigh.
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a form of griefing? If there are players that have already been bitten that are preventing others from doing the same, so they can make some money I would report them...thats just my opinion.
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to wait until later. There is so many people camping and doing this that It bothers me. Sure I would like to do it, but it can wait. Maybe, they will up the spawn rate, or add more spawns.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say report this right away.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ariane wrote: »
    I really hope it's an urban legend. One of my guildies told me there were people killing the mobs that can make you a vampire so they would be the only ones who could transform other players for "a fee".

If that is true, I do not find that behavior tolerable at all and I think they should be reported in game if you find them. They are purposely disrupting the normal gameplay and getting benefits from it, like another way of extortion.

If nothing of this is true, then we shouldn't be worried :)

Nope its absolutely true. They did the same thing with Werewolves. Im sure well see this more and more over the next few months as word starts to spread amongst anyone unaware of the Vampire/Werewolf Skill Lines.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 9, 2014 6:02AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With how they are handing out perm bans Id be very careful doing this.
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    This is a case where people need to be reporting and Zenimax needs to lay down some perma-bans to anyone trying to do this. This should not be acceptable, they do need to really watch behavior though to prevent false positives.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i tried again right now, and it seems it is still going on. I tried to report and even show screen shot, but it says wait 1 min for a good 8 mins now. *sighs* can't seem to report them.

I had to relog it seem to fix it.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 9, 2014 7:03AM
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    I heard about this in my guild too. At first I was shocked, then I realized that I am no longer surprised by how far some folks will go to ruin other's fun for their own profit, even in a game.
  • Axzaril
    Axzaril
    ✭✭
    Despicable.
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    I guess none of you have played EVE online... where whole guilds prevent you to go to certain "whole areas".
    This is what Megaservers do... they attract like-minded people and then those people are forming guilds and before you know it, they run all kinds of griefing.
    It was bound to happen at some point, this is how you break the game and the rules.
    I wouldn't expect perma-bans however...
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MichaelD wrote: »
    I guess none of you have played EVE online... where whole guilds prevent you to go to certain "whole areas".
    This is what Megaservers do... they attract like-minded people and then those people are forming guilds and before you know it, they run all kinds of griefing.
    It was bound to happen at some point, this is how you break the game and the rules.

In Eve you can fight the players for doing it. It is more of a sandbox mmo. This is not, and things like limits players from seeing content. They can't mass up players to fight them off.

• jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    It depends on your theory about exploitation and punishment. Now, I'm not a fan of the killing a public dungeon boss more than once is an exploit so ban club. But this type of griefing a borderline gold making exploit as it breaks a game mechanic so that they can make money selling bites. So what does this have to do with a theory on exploitation and punishment? Simple other games when they don't crack down on such things develop a reputation for exploit early exploit often, if Zenimax swings the ban hammer now like a Nord Berserker with Maul, well that reputation won't develop and the game will be better for it.
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I suggest changing the name of this to, "People camping Werewolves and Vampires." that way folks know what you are talking about.

But I agree 100% this is so dumb, there are even people who just kill them and say if you give me 10k gold I won't do it for an hour. How much of a jerk can you be. This need to be reworked.

@MichaelD‌
    The difference between this and EVE is there is not chance to even counter grief, you can't just kill these people, or heal the mob, or go somewhere else for this thing.
    Edited by Medwin on April 9, 2014 7:41AM
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭

That's part of Eve's gameplay though. The game is designed with that in mind, and accordingly has systems in place to deal with it or allow other players to deal with it. There is no such recourse here except to wait until they log off and leave, get bored with standing around all day killing the same mob over and over and over again, or get banned for griefing. Now, if pk flags were opened up, and players could kill folks griefing like that, then it'd be fair gameplay and no bans would be in order.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how they are handing out perm bans Id be very careful doing this.
    One can only hope Zenimax consider this griefing and punish accordingly, but I'm not hopeful.

• Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    There are dozens of spawn groups of each type of mob during their time across the zone. These spawns repop repeatedly each night for both nights. Getting bit isn't hard in the slightest. Thinking outside the box and figuring out where and when to get bit apparently is because people can't be bothered to move from the one or two spawns that are camped by 20+ people each night. There are even people camping those spots on nights where neither mob will spawn.

If Zenimax wanted everyone to be able to get it with zero competition, then it would have just been a quest and not an infection from a specific mob spawn every few days. Just logically think about how getting infected is supposed to go if you were playing the game normally and not just rushing 50+ level 4's there to get infected. You would arrive at the zones around 40ish. You would encounter the mobs while questing, kill them, then later notice your infection.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Ariane wrote: »

I'm not up on the whole vampire/werewolf thing yet, but if such a tactic is possible then it doesn't surprise me in the least that there are organised gangs of people doing this. It's just how some people are. I would consider it a form of griefing if those players don't need the infection themselves but there must be a better way to design the event than have players just report them.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawlicaust wrote: »
    There are dozens of spawn groups of each type of mob during their time across the zone. These spawns repop repeatedly each night for both nights. Getting bit isn't hard in the slightest. Thinking outside the box and figuring out where and when to get bit apparently is because people can't be bothered to move from the one or two spawns that are camped by 20+ people each night. There are even people camping those spots on nights where neither mob will spawn.

If Zenimax wanted everyone to be able to get it with zero competition, then it would have just been a quest and not an infection from a specific mob spawn every few days. Just logically think about how getting infected is supposed to go if you were playing the game normally and not just rushing 50+ level 4's there to get infected. You would arrive at the zones around 40ish. You would encounter the mobs while questing, kill them, then later notice your infection.

Hm, I don't agree with you.

You say a bunch of things like finding more spawns, or thinking outside the box. That means really nothing, the simple fact is. People are trying to grief and exploit spawns for money. That is not ok, and as far as I am understanding only certain types of mobs carry it. Not just normal werewolves and vampires.

Either way, what you said about people rushing, that is how they want to play and enjoy the game. They are not ruining it for others by doing that. While this way of doing this is ruining it for people.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    With no world pvp there is nothing other players can do about this but report it. And considering how silent Zenimax has been on the forums about every issue listed, i'm not sure what measures they are taking.
  • Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    as far as I am understanding only certain types of mobs carry it. Not just normal werewolves and vampires.

You, like most people in this thread, are complaining about something that you acutally don't know the details of as shown by this comment.

Yes, it's only specific mobs who spawn at a specific time but there are at least a dozen spawn locations of them during that time and they respawn at those locations every 5 minutes or so during the event. The main reason people are whining is that they haven't actually learned the mechanics for the spawns and sit there every night in large groups at two of the spawns hoping the vamps will spawn. So they are getting mad because they are wasting large amounts of time to get vampire anyway.

The really amusing part about that is that you can predict when they will spawn within a 20 minute window and can simply find an uncamped spawn. I've helped at least 20 guildies get bit every time weres or vamps spawn and we've always found camps that aren't dead and have no one at them.

Maybe if people would actually learn the mechanics for how the spawns work and where they are instead of following the zerg, they would get bit on the first try within minutes. Whining on the forums is just easier I guess.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as I am understanding only certain types of mobs carry it. Not just normal werewolves and vampires.

You, like most people in this thread, are complaining about something that you acutally don't know the details of as shown by this comment.

Yes, it's only specific mobs who spawn at a specific time but there are at least a dozen spawn locations of them during that time and they respawn at those locations every 5 minutes or so during the event. The main reason people are whining is that they haven't actually learned the mechanics for the spawns and sit there every night in large groups at two of the spawns hoping the vamps will spawn. So they are getting mad because they are wasting large amounts of time to get vampire anyway.

The really amusing part about that is that you can predict when they will spawn within a 20 minute window and can simply find an uncamped spawn. I've helped at least 20 guildies get bit every time weres or vamps spawn and we've always found camps that aren't dead and have no one at them.

Maybe if people would actually learn the mechanics for how the spawns work and where they are instead of following the zerg, they would get bit on the first try within minutes. Whining on the forums is just easier I guess.

HMMM so what your saying is YOU DIDNT SEE this happening so therefore IT CANT be happening. A guild of a 500 people cant gather around all the spawn points and grief kill the vampires / werewolves charging people for a chance at the content.

Theres NO possible way for this to happen is what your saying. Did this person make this story up?
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should not read post likes yours at 5 am. I almost laughed and woke up my wife.

All that you have said about finding camps, l2p blah blah. Means nothing, when what is being said about people griefing others who want to try and find a camp. Right now it is getting worse and worse.

None of what you said excuses what they are doing. none :)

Stuff like this would not get to me, if it was easy to build a community and watch out for players like this. the mega servers make it really easy to be jerks to one another and to get away with it. Not to mention guilds are doing it just be jerks. heck even one of them said they had a rp reason for doing it.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 9, 2014 8:50AM
  • Gunavar
    Gunavar
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

HMMM so what your saying is YOU DIDNT SEE this happening so therefore IT CANT be happening. A guild of a 500 people cant gather around all the spawn points and grief kill the vampires / werewolves charging people for a chance at the content.

Theres NO possible way for this to happen is what your saying. Did this person make this story up?

I'm sorry reading comprehension is so hard for you. Yes, people are killing spawns. But no, it's not a big horrible problem. People are exaggerating the problem. And the problem is worse for most people because everyone trying to get bit is standing in one big zerg on two-three spawn points.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

I'm sorry reading comprehension is so hard for you. Yes, people are killing spawns. But no, it's not a big horrible problem. People are exaggerating the problem. And the problem is worse for most people because everyone trying to get bit is standing in one big zerg on two-three spawn points.

So your ok with guilds that wanna make money off players griefing them camping the spots. Its easy to do level 50 you mow the mobs just as fast as they spawn. I imagine it being way worse at peak hours when everybody is actually playing.
    Its not a horrible problem its fine.