Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Below is a list of known issues we've identified since rolling out Update 4. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

Art & Animation
  • Sprinting in first-person view with your Restoration Staff unsheathed will kick you into third-person view.

Combat & Gameplay
  • All projectiles are breaking Nightblades out of stealth, even if they miss.
  • Certain abilities are completely knocking you out of stealth, rather than just revealing you.
  • The Night's Silence 5 piece item set is not currently working properly.
  • Running while in first-person view currently has a noticeable head-bob.
  • The Restoration Staff appears to be using the wrong animation.
  • We've seen reports that the stealth detection radius appears to be larger after the latest update.
  • It appears as though you are losing skill line progression.
    • This is strictly a visual error with the UI. See this post for more details.

Crafting & Economy
  • Displayed item levels are not corresponding properly with the number of materials used at crafting stations.
  • It appears that you're unable to deconstruct a glyph.
  • Glyphs of Potion Speed are not affecting potions in certain level ranges. For example, the Glyph will work for a VR1 potion, but not a VR5 potion.

Dungeons & Group Content
  • The final boss in Dragonstar Arena (normal mode) is much more difficult than intended.

Exploration & Itemization
  • Vendors in Cyrodiil are not currently selling gear or containers above VR12.
  • Containers in the Wayrest Treasury are always empty.

Quests
  • It's not possible to progress through the main quest Retaking Firebrand Keep.

UI
  • User settings have been unintentionally reset.
    • You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. This has been fixed in patch 1.4.5 so it won't happen again in the future.
  • Cannot change player status between offline and online.
  • The item search in the Guild Store is showing [eng] tags.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      • You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Can we have Controls & Social added to the main menu, as a master control to change every character at once?
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    Just submitted a bug for movement speed while sneaking. My NB now moves at the same rate naked as he does with nights silence equipped. He is human. The only other movement bonus I have is the one for concealed weapon which does not appear to affect sneak speed either, naked or with set armor on... I tried re-equiping, I tried re-opening the game...
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Will the user settings reset also hit us EU players? If so, is there a local file we can backup and paste in once we have updated our games tomorrow, to bypass this issue, or are these settings stored online?
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    It appears when using Rapid Maneuver (and likely its morphs)—and perhaps other movement speed increases—while running (not sprinting) with a Restoration Staff equipped and drawn causes the player model to run on their tip-toes in a ballet-esque fashion. At least, that's what I'm seeing on my male Altmer.

EDIT: Just morphed Rapid Maneuver (20% at Rank IV) into Retreating Maneuver (30% at Rank I) on my Altmer and he no longer runs that way. So, it appears that a movement speed bonus of 20% or more/less might be the cause.
    Edited by Sedrethi on September 15, 2014 6:53PM
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, when I try to adjust Guild Availability (Online, Away, Do Not Disturb, etc) I get the following text in box for a UI error:

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:172:attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:172: in function 'ZO_ComboBox:GetSelectedItem'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:151: in function 'ItemSelectedClickHelper'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:209: in function 'OnSelect'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ConextMenus.lua:405: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem' 8371350907706105899:4: in function '(main chunk)'
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, when I try to adjust Guild Availability (Online, Away, Do Not Disturb, etc) I get the following text in box for a UI error:

stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:172: in function 'ZO_ComboBox:GetSelectedItem'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ComboBox.lua:151: in function 'ItemSelectedClickHelper'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ComboBox/ZO_ConextMenus.lua:405: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem' 8371350907706105899:4: in function '(main chunk)'

I posted a picture of this error in the last known issue thread ... still happening.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon skills that were supposed to receive a cost reduction still didn't receive it or didn't receive the reduction listed in the patch notes.

Old base cost of Uppercut and Snipe was 476, reducing that by 20% would have dropped it to ~382, not 420. Thats not even "approximately" 20%.

Volly didn't get decreased at all.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on September 15, 2014 6:24PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

stack traceback:

I posted a picture of this error in the last known issue thread ... still happening.

Didn't happen to me until today if you mean the known issues thread for the last patch, so something seems to have made it worse/more widespread. In any case I hope repeated exposure of the issue helps.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    UI
      • You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Any way to prevent this if you haven't patched yet?
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    Although my UI controls reflect this (and I've attempted to unbind and rebind the control to E) – I cannot seem to progress through dialogs by "answering the affirmative" using the keyboard.
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    Also: for Mac, the /help still refers me to a screen that only renders the words "Knowledge base" and nothing else. This issue occurred for 1.3.x as well but not before. I've conferred with support regarding this issue and had no luck performing a repair, DNS resets and so forth.

I haven't seen this rain issue throughout 1.3.x, but now when I log in on 1.4 – I think it has regressed. Attached is an image... black ground – yay!

2gwcdox.png
    Edited by diverje on September 15, 2014 6:58PM
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    1. Backup this folder: <My Documents>\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables
    2. Patch.
    3. Restore the backup.

With all the bug fixes I can deal with my NB main being a derpy for a few days. Nice work ZOS! You might want to run final patches on the PTS in future, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ - this slight slip up could have been avoided :).
    Edited by zazamalek on September 15, 2014 7:24PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of people permaOfflined
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • pssyfngr3
    pssyfngr3
    I am also stuck in offline mode...

xd5Q3wY.jpg
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    @pssyfngr3‌ @tinythinker‌ @SteveCampsOut there is a workaround for the offline bug:
    • Install the ZAM Notebook addon
    • Type /znb in console to bring it up
    • Create a note called "Online" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(1)

• Create a note called "Appear Offline" and type:
    SelectPlayerStatus(4)

• When you want to change your status, select one of these saved notes and hit the button to run it as a lua script

Edit: or just type one of these into your chat box:
    /script SelectPlayerStatus(1)
    /script SelectPlayerStatus(4)

Source
    Edited by zazamalek on September 15, 2014 7:35PM
  • martin.cowiepreeb18_ESO
    •Burning Embers - No longer heals on death of mob! If it dies before dot runs its course...

DK skill
    Edited by martin.cowiepreeb18_ESO on September 15, 2014 7:43PM
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    zazamalek wrote: »
    1. Backup this folder: <My Documents>\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables
    2. Patch.
    3. Restore the backup.

With all the bug fixes I can deal with my NB main being a derpy for a few days. Nice work ZOS! You might want to run final patches on the PTS in future, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ - this slight slip up could have been avoided :).

How does one do the step "Restore the Backup" ............ every time i reset my settings before, simply dropping in my backup 'SavedVariables' folder did not fix it. Also i made bug reports about these lost settings in PTS 1.4 and made PTS forum post about these lost settings which Zos never acknowledged.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/128840/did-anyone-else-lose-all-the-pts-preferences-both-there-eso-addons-settings#latest
    Edited by indigoblades on September 15, 2014 7:49PM
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    every time i reset my settings before, simply dropping in my backup 'SavedVariables' folder did not fix it.

I have no idea :/. I've never bothered to back them up, that's just what I read.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

Can we have Controls & Social added to the main menu, as a master control to change every character at once?

One of many UI changes and options I'd like to see.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning Breath and Engulfing flames (fiery breath morphs) rank 4 at least is no longer getting the extra 2 second duration from the Searing heat trait. At rank 1 is is getting 2 seconds increasing it from 8 to 10 seconds, but at rank 4 it is back down to 8 seconds. unknown if it is also not getting the damage increase.

At least, this is what it has listed in the tooltip.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on September 15, 2014 8:30PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, my UI error isn't related to online status, but trying to discard inventory items.

oQgus40.jpg

Starts happening at random, even as soon as logging in.
  • Tulerezzer
    Tulerezzer
    ✭✭
    My VR5 (Ironthread) blue cloth crafted (Dunmer) armor set got the base colors changed.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

YES YES YES YES ... not silly confirm delete changes.

• indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Was the nights silence set suppose to be changed? Its not in the release notes that I saw. It went from a 60% sneaking speed boost to "ingnore movement penalty while sneaking".

Unfortunately yes ... if you strongly disagree with this like me ... comment in the thread i started.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131864/how-come-i-stack-magic-buffs-but-no-night-silence/p1
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    Crafting doesn't appear to update the center tooltip regarding its level. It doesn't refresh unless I switch to a different stave type and then back again.

sec6ef.png

In the guild store all of the entries are prefixed with '[eng]'.

1ysbvd.png
    Edited by diverje on September 15, 2014 10:35PM
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    A fix for The Endless War (Seeds Quest) is not listed in the patch notes.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nameplates, master controls, camera options...we're going to have to have one hell of an epic party when this list of 'stuff we've been asking for since beta' finally gets finished.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the door issue in Cyrodiil was supposed to be fixed with this update or are these doors for decoration and the only way to get out of a keep is to jump off 2nd level?

Let's also add "our patches break more *** than they fix" to the list cause that is a known issue.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    • All projectiles are breaking Nightblades out of stealth, even if they miss.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

As I attempted to point out in this thread, it is NOT only projectiles. Any ability with a cast time, or a quick series of hits, will cause the same problem.

For example, you can test this on mudcrabs. They do a very fast 2-hit melee attack. If you cloak after the first hit, the 2nd hit will break you out of stealth.

Also happens with Nightblade's Teleport Strike, 2H Wrecking Blow, etc.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 11:40PM