The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gotta say the box drops leave something to be desired...

boi_anachronism_
boi_anachronism_
✭✭✭✭✭
The gold drop boxes are frankly worse then the purple ones. Don't know why we only get one per day frankly. I don't think I've gotten a single piece of companion gear above green even.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 11, 2022 1:50AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They've been a few topics about this. I suspect they messed up and they're simply identical boxes.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish someone from ZOS would clarify if the gold coffers were acting as intended, because they have at best been on par with a decent purple coffer, but I have regularly got better drops from the purples. For a once a day thing, they really should be better curated.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it’s mostly trash.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    Meh I've gotten some steadfast motifs from the gold ones....so I'm happy. But the new style pages have been very few and far between...luckily they are cheap on the trader. All in all I've been happy with the event boxes! It's been kinda nice finding them while gathering mats though.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not seeing the difference either.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've got style pages from purpe boxes but I think I've got a style page also from a gold box. There's supposedly a 20h cooldown after dropping one so I've opened boxes only until a drop each day.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only have gotten gold from the purple ones lol not a single one from gold boxes.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boxes seem to work fine for me.I'm getting motifs,plans,maps,gear.There is a cooldown on style page,so if you open and get one in purple or gold box,won't have a chance at one again for I think 20 hours it seems.This isn't game anniversary event giving all zone items,the event boxes are jsut pretty much items from the High Isle zone and mats.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only worthwhile reason for me to run this event is to farm Stendarr Stamps since the drop rate is so incredibly low for no reason at all. Granted, now the market is absolutely flooded with Steadfast motifs chapters and the same 7-8 pieces of furniture, so there is that.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what? you guys don't like guaranteed chance items from the boxes?
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 10, 2022 4:46PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:
    1. I feel like I am seeing a much higher drop rate on zone specific maps (High Isle) for this event.
    2. Purple furnishings is an interesting idea

Cons:
    1. The vast majority of content in these coffers is just cheap tat (Siege repair kits, treasures, mediocre amounts of crafting mats, gold).

I would like to see more things like Crown Repair Kit, Impresario's Group Repair Kit, Undaunted Keys, High Isle Folio Furnishings pages
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    I've got style pages from purpe boxes but I think I've got a style page also from a gold box. There's supposedly a 20h cooldown after dropping one so I've opened boxes only until a drop each day.

I've gone 3 days straight with no style page drops. Plenty of motifs and treasure.

And the five times I have received a style page, its ALWAYS been the helmet. Its a style page so its not the end of the world, but really? Somethings amiss
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    For my experience the Legendary ( gold ) boxes have rewarded far less in desirable items than the Purple boxes. Style pages, motifs, furnishings and their plans/blueprints, mats can be acquired through farming the purple boxes for those players that have the available playtime.

For those of us with limited playtime the Legendary reward boxes are more " Lacklustre " and simply an extra thing to click on while claiming the daily event tickets.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played every day of the event. Ended up getting just four style pages, and three of them were jacks. Pretty sure they were mostly in purple boxes. Got a third new page from a friend who received a duplicate, and ended up biting the bullet and purchasing the other four from guild traders.

The real reward of this event has been rapidly filling in my sticker book and discovering that the dailies quickly improve rapport with the new companions.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Not seeing the difference either.

I am. Gold boxes are worse.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The gold boxes have a "guaranteed chance" to drop certain items, such as treasures or style mats, so their odds of giving you something are higher. However, you get just one per day, whereas you can farm purple boxes until your eyes start bleeding. The purples don't have "guaranteed chance", but you can get more of them, so it's not surprising that players are having better luck with them. If one were to get just one gold and one purple per day, the odds are the former would yield better loot.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold boxes have a "guaranteed chance" to drop certain items, such as treasures or style mats, so their odds of giving you something are higher. However, you get just one per day, whereas you can farm purple boxes until your eyes start bleeding. The purples don't have "guaranteed chance", but you can get more of them, so it's not surprising that players are having better luck with them. If one were to get just one gold and one purple per day, the odds are the former would yield better loot.

Box to box though I average better drops from 7 purple then I did with the last 7 days of gold so there's that. Haven't gotten a single furnishing plan either. Just treasure and some green companion gear. Got one steadfast motif that was a dup.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Box to box though I average better drops from 7 purple then I did with the last 7 days of gold so there's that. Haven't gotten a single furnishing plan either. Just treasure and some green companion gear. Got one steadfast motif that was a dup.

Another explanation is that the "guaranteed chance" isn't so substantial and one would need to compare hundreds or thousands of boxes to notice the difference. That could explain why so many people found the gold boxes meh (myself included). Additionally, the devs might want to buff future gold boxes if they don't want players do doubt the sincerity of their event announcements.

I think (my memory is sadly a bit hazy) I only got a single Oaken Order page from gold boxes. As a whole, I found them lackluster, but I also had plenty of disappointing purples. However, so far I got 11 goldies and about 200 purples, and, naturally, most of the nice shinies came from the latter. A lot of the "guaranteed chance" drops were outright worthless, like green companion stuff in awful traits or uninteresting treasures, but many purples came with even less.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hint to OP: ensure your subject heading is relatively neutral ;)