The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you happy with the DLC as event reward at 100%?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Which makes ESO+ a savings of around 25 dollars if you pay per month. If you pay for the whole year upfront that savings increases to 64.97. So essentially those who buy the whole year at once are only paying for the crowns, and getting the other stuff as a free bonus rewards.

ESO+ members pay for the complete package of perks. Nothing is a free bonus reward.

Even if the perks were sold separately, which they aren't, we need to factor in that ESO+ subscribers are only renting the DLC access for the time they are subscribed. That would not cost as much as buying and permanently owning them like the free ones they have given away for 2 years in a row now.

Plus the fact that ESO+ members continue to pay for DLC access even for the ones they were given. Why do we have to continue to pay to rent something we now own?

The crowns and the DLC ARE sold separately...

Not as part of the ESO+ package.

That just means that the ESO+ package, like most bundles, offers a discount on items for buying in bulk/bundling up. It does not mean that we can't calculate the savings ESO+ offers and the estimated retail value of buying the stuff that is sold separately and forgoing the sub.

ESO+ gives a discount on buying the DLC, up to being almost entirely free (with the purchase of a large amount of crowns in bulk). It also offers other perks who's value we can't calculate because they aren't sold separately.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 3, 2022 7:24PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who subscribes most of the time (only lapsing during periods I don't have the extra money for it), I personally don't see how people getting one DLC for free in a year invalidates or lessens the value of ESO+. Getting free DLC is only one perk and everyone getting one free thing per year doesn't take away from the craft bag, the extra bank/housing space, the ability to Dye gear, a monthly stipend of Crowns, and the other perks that come with having a sub.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Which makes ESO+ a savings of around 25 dollars if you pay per month. If you pay for the whole year upfront that savings increases to 64.97. So essentially those who buy the whole year at once are only paying for the crowns, and getting the other stuff as a free bonus rewards.

ESO+ members pay for the complete package of perks. Nothing is a free bonus reward.

Even if the perks were sold separately, which they aren't, we need to factor in that ESO+ subscribers are only renting the DLC access for the time they are subscribed. That would not cost as much as buying and permanently owning them like the free ones they have given away for 2 years in a row now.

Plus the fact that ESO+ members continue to pay for DLC access even for the ones they were given. Why do we have to continue to pay to rent something we now own?

That just means that the ESO+ package, like most bundles, offers a discount on items for buying in bulk/bundling up. It does not mean that we can't calculate the savings ESO+ offers and the estimated retail value of buying the stuff that is sold separately and forgoing the sub.

ESO+ gives a discount on buying the DLC, up to being almost entirely free (with the purchase of a large amount of crowns in bulk). It also offers other perks who's value we can't calculate because they aren't sold separately.

The ONLY way to access the ESO+ perks is to buy the complete package. There are no other options. It doesn't matter if it's a good deal financially or not, it still completely devalues the subscription by taking away one of the perks and giving it to others for free but still charging subscribers the same amount to rent something they now own.

This is my opinion and it is not going to change so let's just leave it at that.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 3, 2022 7:28PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

The ONLY way to access the ESO+ perks is to buy the complete package. There are no other options.

That's true of the craft bag, not of the crowns and dlc access. I am not trying to change your opinion of whether or not it's devalued. I am just stating that we know exactly how much the crowns and dlc are worth.

Edit: I even gave some examples of what they could have given instead of a pet, but I might have edited that in after you saw the post.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 3, 2022 7:34PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay

The ONLY way to access the ESO+ perks is to buy the complete package. There are no other options.

That's true of the craft bag, not of the crowns and dlc access. I am not trying to change your opinion of whether or not it's devalued. I am just stating that we know exactly how much the crowns and dlc are worth.

Let me correct:

The ONLY way to access ALL OF the ESO+ perks AS A SUBSCRIBER is to buy the complete package. There are no other options. There is no picking and choosing which ones we want or which ones we don't.

There is no point in continuing this conversation so please just agree to disagree and let's leave it at that.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 3, 2022 7:37PM
    PCNA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Incorrect.

It's true. Some people aren't happy that their paid perks are being given out for free. You might not care about that part, but others do. Here's some examples in this very thread.
    <Snipped for brevity>

If everyone had gotten a pet I'd still not like it but at least everyone would have gotten something of equal value. ESO+ players had one of the perks they pay a monthly subscription for just given to those who don't for free, which completely invalidates it as a perk

<Snipped for brevity>

I'd suggest they discount our subscriptions or give subscribers some crowns or something of worth to make up for the difference, but that is only a bandaid solution. The real solution is to not give ESO+ perks away in the first place.
    I'm no longer seeing the value in my subscription when Non Sub players get treated better by ZoS and subs get the bare minimum.
    Please consider a temporary discount or extra crowns with our subs to make the value of the rewards more even. But more importantly please don't give away any more of our paid perks in the future because it takes away from the value of our subscriptions.

There's nothing wrong with that position either. It's their opinion. Paid exclusivity is not some unreasonable concept. That last quote got a lot of likes. It's perhaps not as popular opinion as people who are fine with it being given away, but to say that nobody holds it isn't true. People do hold that opinion and it's not an unreasonable one. I don't hold it but it doesn't make it not exist. For someone who will never, ever play this game without plus, the upgrade is useless. And they have now paid for access that others got for free. It's okay for that to rub them the wrong way.

Fair but there is no denying that these are outlier on a forum which represents a fraction of the community. There will always be a few but the vast vast majority are happy that others have access, not so much that they get no benefit themselves. Personally I will unsub when I quit. It's a weird "perk" to say when you unsub ie stop giving us money then it's a bonus. Not great marketing.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 3, 2022 7:47PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Arunei wrote: »
    As someone who subscribes most of the time (only lapsing during periods I don't have the extra money for it), I personally don't see how people getting one DLC for free in a year invalidates or lessens the value of ESO+. Getting free DLC is only one perk and everyone getting one free thing per year doesn't take away from the craft bag, the extra bank/housing space, the ability to Dye gear, a monthly stipend of Crowns, and the other perks that come with having a sub.

It’s not that other people are getting it. It’s that to the eso+ subscriber they are getting essentially nothing.

Imagine paying for a yearly bus pass, and then the bus system decides to make October free for everyone, as a customer appreciation event. Yeah, you don’t have to bring your bus pass with you in October, but really they are not giving you anything you have not already paid for.

It’s not a perfect analogy but that is the feeling eso+ members are feeling. They are not upset at other people getting something, but they feel they are not really being appreciated.

There was a time when eso had the “free” eso+ week for everyone, subscribers got crown crates. But that stopped. So eso+ members in general are feeling a bit like they are unappreciated already.

I still think giving the eso+ members the CE version of the dlc (the one that comes with the pet and mount) as the gift would be better. But that runs in to the problem of people just getting eso+ for the month to get the improved reward.

Maybe there should be a consecutive year long membership reward? I dunno.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I just want to clarify, that I am not saying that you can pick and choose perks like I want this dlc but not that one, or I want only the crafting bag. I am simply stating if I wanted the same amount of DLC access and crowns as ESO+, I can purchase that separately and know the value of it. That's it.

I feel like there's some misunderstanding with my math, so I wanted to clarify that.

We can agree to disagree on whether or not your sub was devalued. It is was not the point of my statement anyway.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 3, 2022 7:54PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    I’m pretty apathetic tbh. I’ve subscribed consistently and dlc and craft bag/inventory is my only benefit from the sub.

Even crowns I just sell now and that’s pointless with gold not being hard to get.

Zos seems to just be continually cutting back what we get which is more of a concern. Comparing dlc updates like Orsinium or Murkmire to this is night and day.

Having this for free does nothing for me but if people get to play it who wouldn’t fine. The argument if I stop subbing then I’ll have it doesn’t work for me, mainly because if I stop subbing I won’t be playing anyways.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Incorrect.

It's true. Some people aren't happy that their paid perks are being given out for free. You might not care about that part, but others do. Here's some examples in this very thread.
    <Snipped for brevity>

If everyone had gotten a pet I'd still not like it but at least everyone would have gotten something of equal value. ESO+ players had one of the perks they pay a monthly subscription for just given to those who don't for free, which completely invalidates it as a perk

<Snipped for brevity>

I'd suggest they discount our subscriptions or give subscribers some crowns or something of worth to make up for the difference, but that is only a bandaid solution. The real solution is to not give ESO+ perks away in the first place.
    I'm no longer seeing the value in my subscription when Non Sub players get treated better by ZoS and subs get the bare minimum.
    Please consider a temporary discount or extra crowns with our subs to make the value of the rewards more even. But more importantly please don't give away any more of our paid perks in the future because it takes away from the value of our subscriptions.

There's nothing wrong with that position either. It's their opinion. Paid exclusivity is not some unreasonable concept. That last quote got a lot of likes. It's perhaps not as popular opinion as people who are fine with it being given away, but to say that nobody holds it isn't true. People do hold that opinion and it's not an unreasonable one. I don't hold it but it doesn't make it not exist. For someone who will never, ever play this game without plus, the upgrade is useless. And they have now paid for access that others got for free. It's okay for that to rub them the wrong way.

Fair but there is no denying that these are outlier on a forum which represents a fraction of the community. There will always be a few but the vast vast majority are happy that others have access, not so much that they get no benefit themselves. Personally I will unsub when I quit. It's a weird "perk" to say when you unsub ie stop giving us money then it's a bonus. Not great marketing.

I think it's personally it's probably true for more than are willing to admit on the thread, but that's just my speculation. Personally, I think it's why it feels devalued to so many because they feel upset that others are getting for free something they paid for. So it's like "Why am I giving this company when they don't value me as a customer and give away the stuff I paid for." And it makes sense because paid exclusivity is value that was lost. At the very least, I think it makes more sense from a cold hard logic perspective than someone who doesn't see it that way but feels like their money was devalued by a free upgrade. Even if you'd never use it, what value are you losing from a free upgrade apart from exclusivity? I get it being useless or gaining nothing, but losing something?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 3, 2022 8:18PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, thanks for the feedback in this thread. We'll be going through this and taking it to our internal teams for their consideration when talking about future rewards.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's ok a DLC is being given for free, but for ESO+ members, an exclusive mount would have been nice for also completing the 100%.

ESO+ members need to be reminded they are not just a player, but a paying member and will get additional rewards on top of other events.

Naturally, this should spawn more ESO+ members. Give people who don't have anything a little taste of ESO (like the free DLC), but also give ESO+ members a reaffirming reward of appreciation for their continuing service.

Maybe start giving away a free radiant apex mount for every 12 continuous months of ESO+ or something.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey All, thanks for the feedback in this thread. We'll be going through this and taking it to our internal teams for their consideration when talking about future rewards.

Thank you.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Looking back at the list I posted of small stuff, they could have given us a housing version of that small cottage from Isobel's quest that you go to during the challenge with the barrier. I think that would have had a nice pizzazz that would have felt better than the Salamander.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 3, 2022 9:23PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Some companies care about their loyal, paying customers. ZOS just cares about marketing for casual players so they can boost some numbers.

For me, it's about the principle of the thing. If you're not an ESO+ subscriber, you're getting a DLC for free. If you are a subscriber, you're getting a pet (you are NOT getting a DLC for free - you are already paying for a subscription that includes access to the DLC). For two years in a row, ZOS has treated two groups of players very differently when handing out a community award.

You can bet that if ESO+ subscribers got something great and non-subscribers got a pet, the non-subscribers would be howling. And rightly so. It's a COMMUNITY award. Everyone who participates should get the SAME AWARD. Instead, for some strange reason that only someone in ZOS understands, one group gets something great and the other doesn't. How does that make sense, and why do people think it's okay that one group gets something valuable and the other doesn't for doing the same thing?

My message to ZOS: When it comes to a COMMUNITY award for a COMMUNITY event, treat all of your players the same or don't bother.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I'm happy with getting a FREE DLC, because it saves me the 2k crowns that I was going to spend on it. I would also be happy with any FREE reward.

But what I don't like is a community event reward requiring an ESO+ subscription...

I purchase all DLC separately and then subscribe these days only when I feel like it. But since I already own all DLC the only thing useful from ESO+ is the craft-bag and some crowns to spend. I pay the same price for ESO+ as everyone else but get less benefit from it... And then they're gonna require the subscription for a "free" community event reward... :rage:

Person(A): rents content, eligible for reward.
    Person(B): purchases content, not eligible for reward...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on October 3, 2022 11:10PM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    " --1-- Unlock the Firesong DLC for free [snip], --2-- plus gain the Ascendant Hoard box, and, --3-- if you own ESO Plus, the Appleback Salamander pet."

1: Aimed as a reward for non subscribers.
    2: Aimed as a reward for everyone.
    3. Aimed as a reward for subscribers.

Personally, I think they've got it covered. In earlier versions of these events when they only gave the DLC, I (and others) gave feedback that they should give something to subscribers, too, and they are! The fact that it's a pet this time, if you happen to dislike pets, doesn't mean it won't be a mount or a house or a personality or... whatever... next time.

As a subscriber, with no breaks, since beta, I personally (not speaking for anyone but myself) have absolutely no issue with the DLC being given away as long as subscribers are given something. I receive no benefit from getting the DLC "for free" on my account, because if I unsubscribe, I've quit the game, so it's not that I'm finding value in the DLC being given to me. I just dislike when the community is divided from content, because it puts up barriers to playing together (the point of an MMO), so it's fine with me if the DLCs are offered in other ways that bring the community together. I don't need something of THAT SPECIFIC VALUE to make up for it. Everything depreciates over time. The fact that subscribers get something now at the end of these events is great, to me.

In fact, I'd love it if they'd do another event and give away the dungeon DLCs as reward, so there could be more non-subscribers in the random queues to help with DLC dungeons.

I'm upset about a lot of things these days. I'm upset about how AwA was handled, and how mods won't even answer my pings about why the AwA outstanding issues thread were unstickied without a resolution. I'm upset that U35 didn't meet its stated objectives and many of my friends quit and ZOS and portions of the community didn't care at all. I'm upset that I didn't understand the process when they switched these events from rewards through mail to rewards through the Crown Store, and the support wouldn't give me the rewards when I realized and filed a ticket. I'm upset when ZOS focuses on one small area and doesn't roll out inclusive solutions when they could with a little extra effort.

I'm not upset about this because it looks like they were trying to be as inclusive as possible, with the way this event's reward is structured. I say, two thumbs up! And, while you're at it, start pairing that reward with older dungeon DLCs, as well!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    peacenote wrote: »
    I'm not upset about this because it looks like they were trying to be as inclusive as possible, with the way this event's reward is structured.

It didn't go over well last year so why would it be any better this year? If anything having this done 2 years in a row, even after the negative feedback, only makes it feel even worse.
    PCNA
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    I'm not upset about this because it looks like they were trying to be as inclusive as possible, with the way this event's reward is structured.

It didn't go over well last year so why would it be any better this year? If anything having this done 2 years in a row, even after the negative feedback, only makes it feel even worse.

I was legitimately curious enough about whether I was remembering things properly to track down last year's event. It was Bounties of Blackwood. And, while I can't seem to find the event meter (possibly was taken down), I did find this from the news post:

These rewards can include:

The Pellucid Swamp Jelly pet, unlocked at 33%
    The Shadows of Blackwood markings, unlocked at 66%
    The Deadlands DLC and a cascading bounty box, unlocked at 100%

Which is what I remembered being frustrated with. There was NO ESO+ specific reward last year, unless it was added last minute on the event meter page after I stopped paying attention.

That's why I'm saying THIS year, I think ZOS tried to listen to feedback, and added an ESO+ reward to the final unlock alongside the DLC (for non-subscribers) and a bounty box (for all).

I'm not at all saying your feelings of still feeling unhappy, as a subscriber, that the DLC is being given away, are invalid. All I'm saying is that THIS year is different, and they added an ESO+ exclusive pet, which to me is a step in the right direction and an attempt at making the last event reward more inclusive and enticing to ALL -- which was my personal issue. There was no ESO+ anything last year. As a subscriber myself, I'm happy with this change and look forward to what ESO+ exclusive options they throw in next year. It's a change that I think properly walks the line of trying to entice non subscribers to buy High Isle while better acknowledging subscribers participating in the event. As long as they don't immediately re-use the pet as a Twitch drops reward or daily login reward or something.

I get that subscribers who MOST VALUE included story DLC content, and don't care at all about pets, might feel that this isn't addressing feedback given, but I am used to subscribing to my MMOs and find a lot of value in the ongoing benefits of the craft bag, double housing limits, etc. that are included in my subscription (as opposed to story content which I'm only motivated to complete once post-AwA, except maybe to scoop up some more skyshards) so I personally feel that my feedback, which was that there was no reward for subscribers in these events, was heard. Plus I don't mind more people getting the DLC's as I think more people in the content adds to my experience when I play it.

It's really all about whether folks were objecting to the DLC being given away or being overlooked as a subscriber. For me, it was the latter.
    Edited by peacenote on October 4, 2022 3:05AM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    I'd prefer something else but not sure what TBH. Pets are meh. They're never anything I'd actually. Let me pick something from the crown store? Now, that I'd get behind :smiley:

Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    *use
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Amottica wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    It seems by the poll this is really divided among those with ESO+ and those without it. I still expect many with ESO+, like myself, could care less about the DLC being offered as a reward as it is not that big of a deal at the end of the day.

after taking the time to notice it costs significantly less to buy the DLCs released in a year vs. subscribe, which means the real value, what we are truly paying for with a subscription, is the crafting bag, storage space, and being able to dye our costumes and armor. That means this is not that big of a deal.

And what if next year they give a crafting bag to everyone?

The crafting bag is the biggest draw for ESO+ and ESO+ if a much larger revenue source than selling DLCs. In other words, the hypothetical that they would just give everyone the crafting bag is a very unrealistic hypothetical.

Our subscription pays for all of the perks as a package. The only way to get any of them is to buy the complete package. Because of this there are no individual costs assigned to the perks so no one perk has more monetary value than another.

And as I said, the crafting bag will remain an ESO+ exclusive for many years to come. We do not have to worry about that being given away as you had asked about.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    I'm not at all saying your feelings of still feeling unhappy, as a subscriber, that the DLC is being given away, are invalid. All I'm saying is that THIS year is different, and they added an ESO+ exclusive pet...

I couldn't care less about a pet. It is worthless to me and it's a cheap item for an end of year reward.

What I care about is having something given to everyone for free that I still pay for every month. They didn't reduce the cost of my monthly sub to make up for no longer "renting," these 2 DLCs, so I'm basically paying twice for the same item... every month.
    PCNA
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay

Not as part of the ESO+ package that I paid for. We buy the entire package or we get nothing.

That is how ZoS set it up and it was not meant to be taken apart and analyzed by individual cost by the players because the price is for the entire package regardless of what those numbers add up to.

Not trying to be difficult or change your mind or anything but... doesn't this statement invalidate your other stances, kind of? If we're not meant to take apart the ESO+ package, we also can't really judge whether the value of the pet subscribers get through the reward this year is equal to cost of accessing the DLC, can we? Unless you want to start parsing how people who don't participate in the event might be getting less value because others who did participate in the event got the DLC at no cost that they are paying for. But... those subscribers didn't participate in the event to get the pet, which others did...

One point in there that I do think should get more attention is how you could be a subscriber for years, and YEARS, and have a busy month where you miss the event where the DLC is given away, and then run into financial difficulty and you'll lose access to the DLC content which was given away for free, to many, for much less effort - minimal participation in an event and claiming a reward in the Crown Store - vs years of subscribing. It's why I was initially MORE upset that a DLC - I think it was Murkmire? - was given away as the daily login reward. It doesn't matter for me personally but it seems wrong that a subscriber for five years could lose access to content while someone who happens to be consistent with logging in for a portion of a month could secure the content forever. As someone who doesn't have the lifestyle where logging in every day (or most days) is feasible, I find it to be a very EXclusive way to dole out special rewards. But anyway, the fact that subscribers could lose access to the content when they stop subscribing while others might have the content just for participating in an event does seem more unfair to me than the fact that all people in the event will have access to the DLC, permanently, regardless of subscription status.

I think the main solution to THAT is loyalty rewards where for each year you subscribe you earn permanent access to the last year's DLC content. Something like that. This would be ANOTHER way to fix the ridiculous divide between subscribers and non subscribers when it comes to the random queue and DLC dungeons. ;) Of course that would then make the DLC content given away at events even less valuable to subscribers and really turn up the pressure for ZOS to up the ante on what they offer subscribers in the final reward. :)

The bottom line is that ZOS offers so much flexibility on how we can play, that it will never be perfectly "fair" across all models of play - the subscribers vs. the non subscribers vs. the intermittent subscribers - but it's good to provide ideas here as ZOS confirmed that they were watching this topic!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Not trying to be difficult or change your mind or anything but...

Let's leave it at that.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 4, 2022 4:31AM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I think the main solution to THAT is loyalty rewards where for each year you subscribe you earn permanent access to the last year's DLC content. Something like that. This would be ANOTHER way to fix the ridiculous divide between subscribers and non subscribers when it comes to the random queue and DLC dungeons. ;)

I think this would devalue the dlc being given out to subscribers in more ways than one. One way is that unlike now, where they do have to pay to own dlc, they'd already be getting that upgrade free. This is the one you already noted. The other way is that there are people who specifically cancel their sub for a month or so to stock up on transmute crystals. I would imagine such people would not want permanent dungeon access. Story DLC are different because they don't affect the queue.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 4, 2022 4:31AM
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    It's a nice reward by itself, but definitely pointless as someone who always has a plus sub - giving me something I will have access to, anyway. So yeah, nice I guess if I let it lapse, but I always have plus when I play, so, yeah...not a scenario that I will ever encounter. But it is great for those that aren't subbed.

The pet is cute, but I wish it would have been a vulk'esh or something more unique and relevant, instead of a salamander reskin. I wouldn't mind the salamander at all if they used the better animation set for it, the one that hops when following you (like the blue pet), but I have a feeling it will be the ugly, twitchy one that most of the salamanders have (the red and yellow ones.) All of my salamander pets have the ugly running animation, so I never use them, despite loving the way they look otherwise :/

Either way, I enjoy farming for events and not out anything; I'll gladly equip the pet and such once I get it. :)
    Edited by Natakiro on October 4, 2022 4:51AM
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something else
    It should be included with the High Isle purchase anyway since they cut the chapter in half and left us hanging for 6 months :)

Anyway... I'm about to take a break from my sub and play a few other things this fall. Suits me that I'll be able to pop in and see the end of the chapter.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Sammy thank you and team for reading and collecting the feedback.

This one would like to know if it means there will be a response to the feedback at some point, ie players will be informed in a few weeks’ time as opposed to finding out the response from next year’s event and rewards announcement. It’d be very nice and decent customer service to the ESO+ subscribers if this can happen.
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    For me the real endgame is having 100% access to everything without eso+ , so this is 2k crowns saved for me.
    When I am subbed, I spend my monthly crowns on dlc anyway.
    Could not care less for another house, satisfying near degenerate level gambling addiction or another mount. The way I see it these should be part of ingame rewards by default anyways. If zenimax wants to treat the game as a free to play mmo and not reward players for ingame accomplishments I am going to treat it the same way and f2p outside of my initial purchase as much as possible.

This free dlc is a big dub in my eyes.