The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 33 - Bug Reports for Account Wide Achievements

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locations should remain black until the specific character has completed them.

They should APPEAR on the map if discovered by a previous character, so your second character knows where to go, rather than the map location being actually blank. This would do away with the need for addons to show where a location is, for characters who haven't found that one yet.

How it should go, in my opinion:

If a location is not yet discovered by ANY characters: Not present on map (unless you use addons that show it).

If it is discovered by ONE character: Appears on map, for all characters. Black, for any CHARACTER that has not "completed" it yet (even if the account has the "achievement" for it, and if achievements go account-wide): White, for any CHARACTER that has "completed" it.

I do not want a Dolmen, for instance, to appear on a map as "completed" (white) for a character who has never yet fought at that dolmen or collected a chest from it, just because they happen to run through it while it's currently not active, on the way to somewhere else. It should appear as "incomplete" (black).
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have completed the Orsinium quest, A Question of Succession, on another character. I started the quest on another character, and after performing the first task of killing Urgkail the Cleaver, I return to the chief's tent to talk to Laurig, but he never appears. The quest marker is there, but I can't progress.
    d4puwq54el93.png

Edit:
    After logging out and logging back in, Laurig appears on PTS. From that point on, I am able to finish the questline with no difficulty. So it looks like there's a workaround at least.

Edit 2:
    I also tested the exact same character on live, performing the exact same steps, and Laurig appears fine there.
    9y0z0yrbkp6o.png
    Edited by silvereyes on February 10, 2022 1:18AM
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    ssu6csn5yjse.png

Precursor is finished as soon as you get the quest for it (notice, there is a pre-quest you have to do to get the real one)

edit:
    We missed a huge chance here to make "Elderic memories" accountwide (not mage guild books, just the notes and memories!), which would fix 90% of the bugged books in the game ("You missed to read that book at a specific quest-step? Just read it with another char") for the past, the present and all the future.
    The last patches didnt made any bugfixes for the books, but each story dlc implements new bugged books. Each single one.
    I believe not one single player would dislike accountwide memories and notes and people are asking for it for the same long time as for achievments.
    Yet you leave the books alone and implement only achievments in such a bad way, that even most of the people who likes it, have complaints/concerns.

Please rethink about it a bit more before you implement them like on pts shown right now. I'm afraid it will open pandoras box, and there is not Dr. Who inside this time, but many bugs we dont think of right now and it will hunt us a long time, if not forever (see bugged memories).

Edited by tim77 on February 10, 2022 1:30PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    ssu6csn5yjse.png

Precursor is finished as soon as you get the quest for it (notice, there is a pre-quest you have to do to get the real one)

edit:
    We missed a huge chance here to make "Elderic memories" accountwide (not mage guild books, just the notes and memories!), which would fix 90% of the bugged books in the game ("You missed to read that book at a specific quest-step? Just read it with another char") for the past, the present and all the future.
    The last patches didnt made any bugfixes for the books, but each story dlc implements new bugged books. Each single one.
    I believe not one single player would dislike accountwide memories and notes and people are asking for it for the same long time as for achievments.
    Yet you leave the books alone and implement only achievments in such a bad way, that even most of the people who likes it, have complaints/concerns.

Please rethink about it a bit more before you implement them like on pts shown right now. I'm afraid it will open pandoras box, and there is not Dr. Who inside this time, but many bugs we dont think of right now and it will hunt us a long time, if not forever (see bugged memories).

Does this mean every one of our characters can get a Precursor furnishing or that we can only get it once? I’d be perfectly fine finding all the parts just one time, and then from then on every time one of my alts gets that quest they automatically finish it and get the reward. Same for that music box quest. And I agree with the part about the other books, not the mage ones, being accountwide, that’s a great idea.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    ssu6csn5yjse.png

edit:

Does this mean every one of our characters can get a Precursor furnishing or that we can only get it once? I’d be perfectly fine finding all the parts just one time, and then from then on every time one of my alts gets that quest they automatically finish it and get the reward. Same for that music box quest. And I agree with the part about the other books, not the mage ones, being accountwide, that’s a great idea.

Really? Can't there just be a Game Completion Token for $100 on the Crown Store for those that want it and allow the rest of us to play the game? I seriously doubt that ZOS fully comprehend just how divisive this switch in achievements is.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    ssu6csn5yjse.png

edit:

You can't get more than one music box on the PTS right now. So if you want multiple music boxes, you have to start hunting for them now before the update drops. Otherwise, your alts will be locked out of the quest once the game detects you have finished the quest once before on another character.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    You can't get more than one music box on the PTS right now. So if you want multiple music boxes, you have to start hunting for them now before the update drops. Otherwise, your alts will be locked out of the quest once the game detects you have finished the quest once before on another character.

Given the current behavioiur I suspect what may also work is to start the quest on all your toons and see if it autocompletes you a pile more musicboxes after the switch over ....
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports here, everyone. Just wanted to let you know we have been keeping an eye on this thread and are still working on getting some of the things called out from this thread fixed in future PTS patches.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports here, everyone. Just wanted to let you know we have been keeping an eye on this thread and are still working on getting some of the things called out from this thread fixed in future PTS patches.

So is the "feedback" that we were told you were looking for just in terms of ironing out a few wrinkles in something that you are determined to plough ahead with despite massive disappointment from a large section of the playerbase who would like a rethink about how it is implemented?

Is it going to ignore the multi-page thread giving more feedback?
    Edited by Epona222 on February 14, 2022 8:40PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    So is the "feedback" that we were told you were looking for just in terms of ironing out a few wrinkles in something that you are determined to plough ahead with despite massive disappointment from a large section of the playerbase who would like a rethink about how it is implemented?

Is it going to ignore the multi-page thread giving more feedback?
    I don't think zos has ever completly walked back on a descision they already made, except for that one time they tried to nerf Light Attacks, and that was even announced as something they were asking the community for feedback.

When they ask for feedback I assume they are always only looking for bugs and small changes like if some of the story related achievments should be accountwide
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zone guide/map completion is very inconsistent. I took a low level character to Alik'r Desert (she had never been there before) and zone guide is showing all the delves, dolmens and world bosses as completed, but nothing else. It seems odd that completion of these objectives is carried over if nothing else is.

My personal preference would be for nothing to be marked completed on the map until this character has done it. I'm fine with the achievements being shared but would like the map icons to reflect that character's progress.

I'm also seeing the same bug as previously reported where delves are 'completed' as soon as this character comes in range to discover them, which means the boss doesn't spawn.

For some reason the enchanting achievements are not account wide, even though the other crafting ones are.
    Edited by Danikat on February 14, 2022 9:14PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Also it said changes to undaunted dued to account wide achievements, so more info on that as well @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was mentioned in the feedback thread that the Taking Up the Mantle quest from Greymoor is not able to be done on multiple characters due to it being tied to the "of House Ravenwatch" achievement. Please let the devs know this quest is bugged and new characters should still get to talk to Count Verandis Ravenwatch for the dialogue and quest completion even if they already have the achievement.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs I've encountered so far:

1. Can't finish the Litany of Blood quest which I started before AwA hit the PTS. Achievement was already done by another char and this one was halfway done. Now Nevusa just kinda ignores me. (How rude of her)

2. I have an EP PvP char that has the Overlord (47) rank. Wanted to buy some of the achievement furnishing with one of my AD chars who does not have the rank Overlord (47) but Captain (20). I thought I could buy some of the furnishings tied to the higher PvP ranks but I can't do that. Not sure if that is intented or not. (Though I can buy all the funishings up to the Captain rank, which made me think, that the funishings are tied to the rank, not the achievment)

3. NPCs will give you special dialog that is tied to achievements. There is a ghost in the Hollow city that will give you a special dialog if you finished Vaults of Madness. Made a new char that did not do any dungeon so far. Can confirm that he does act like you have already finished the dungeon. Also tested this with another achievement. If you have the Emp achievement you can get a special dialogue in White Gold Tower. New char has not entered Cyro and therefore not done the starter quests or the Alliance War skill line. You still get the special dialogue. (Also not sure if that is intended)

4. Another bug which is related to the rep you get for the Undaunted skill line. The Story Quest seems to give you 10 Rep while the normal pledge also gives you 10 Rep which is about the same as on live (at least for the pledge). Have not tested vet pledges so far but with the character related achievements gone it becomes incredible hard to level up the Undaunted skill line. (Could be bugged, please have a look into it)

Hope this gets fixed soon!
    Best wishes! :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if some months later, i delete the character who inherited of all the max achievements after logging in game for the first time (patch 7.0)

I did delete by the pass some characters and i know i lost the achievements made. THat was not a big deal as i would create a new character.

But what will happens with this new method ?
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    2. I have an EP PvP char that has the Overlord (47) rank. Wanted to buy some of the achievement furnishing with one of my AD chars who does not have the rank Overlord (47) but Captain (20). I thought I could buy some of the furnishings tied to the higher PvP ranks but I can't do that. Not sure if that is intented or not. (Though I can buy all the funishings up to the Captain rank, which made me think, that the funishings are tied to the rank, not the achievment)

I believe they mentioned that PVP ranks would remain character locked.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    What happens if some months later, i delete the character who inherited of all the max achievements after logging in game for the first time (patch 7.0)

I did delete by the pass some characters and i know i lost the achievements made. THat was not a big deal as i would create a new character.

But what will happens with this new method ?

I read that someone tested this on PTS last week and the achievements remained; the "Earned by" message, however, was displaying a blank.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe they mentioned that PVP ranks would remain character locked.

Yeah, which makes sense considering the skill points attached to them. Just thought I could now buy all the achievement furnishings on all characters but that might not be the case here.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. I have an EP PvP char that has the Overlord (47) rank. Wanted to buy some of the achievement furnishing with one of my AD chars who does not have the rank Overlord (47) but Captain (20). I thought I could buy some of the furnishings tied to the higher PvP ranks but I can't do that.
    It's consistent with the tooltip of having a "Rank" requirement.
    4qxyld1kxbbr.png
    However, perhaps they should change it to require the achievement associated with the rank instead? It is an Achievement Furnisher, after all.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    2. I have an EP PvP char that has the Overlord (47) rank. Wanted to buy some of the achievement furnishing with one of my AD chars who does not have the rank Overlord (47) but Captain (20). I thought I could buy some of the furnishings tied to the higher PvP ranks but I can't do that.
    It's consistent with the tooltip of having a "Rank" requirement.
    4qxyld1kxbbr.png
    However, perhaps they should change it to require the achievement associated with the rank instead? It is an Achievement Furnisher, after all.

Gotcha! I was so focused that it was an achievement furnisher that I did not read the tooltip about the rank! Many thanks!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone on the EU version now on the PTS check some of the lines of NPC dialogue? Like that dude in Vivec City in the crafting area who says, rather sarcastically, “So you’re the one who saved the Queen? You don’t *look* that special.” I resume that is tied to an achievement, as are many NPC dialogue lines. Do these reflect the AWA achievements now? Will an alt who has never saved the Queen, and might indeed be her enemy, hear that line? And what about folks like Razum Dar and Darien…will they already know and greet as friends characters they have met and done missions with before, but introduce themselves as strangers to new alts, as they do now?

There are various NPCs all over Tamriel who react differently to our different characters depending on what they’ve already accomplished in game. Is all of that gone now if our mains completed most of the quests 8 (or however many years ago)? What about Stuga? Will finishing the Wrothgar achievements on one characters stop her nagging all our other alts?
    Edited by DarcyMardin on February 15, 2022 9:54AM
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    yvnipshma3tt.png
    Not only vma vs vvh achievements are inconsistent, also the 3 achievements for vma are inconsistent: normal + vet completion are char specific but perfect run is shared... Please make all of these character specific, it makes no sense for solo content achievements to be shared.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaspy wrote: »
    yvnipshma3tt.png
    Not only vma vs vvh achievements are inconsistent, also the 3 achievements for vma are inconsistent: normal + vet completion are char specific but perfect run is shared... Please make all of these character specific, it makes no sense for solo content achievements to be shared.

This is as intended. Those Achievements are linked to the MA skill point.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because it's working as intended doesn't mean it makes sense. And that makes no sense at all
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Associate Zanon has a conversation with that Nord tinkering with his factotum outside the gates to the dangerous part of the Brass Fortress on a fresh alt. To my knowledge this conversation should only occur after completion of the precursor maker questline, which I had the achievement for on another character.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone on the EU version now on the PTS check some of the lines of NPC dialogue? Like that dude in Vivec City in the crafting area who says, rather sarcastically, “So you’re the one who saved the Queen? You don’t *look* that special.” I resume that is tied to an achievement, as are many NPC dialogue lines. Do these reflect the AWA achievements now? Will an alt who has never saved the Queen, and might indeed be her enemy, hear that line? And what about folks like Razum Dar and Darien…will they already know and greet as friends characters they have met and done missions with before, but introduce themselves as strangers to new alts, as they do now?

There are various NPCs all over Tamriel who react differently to our different characters depending on what they’ve already accomplished in game. Is all of that gone now if our mains completed most of the quests 8 (or however many years ago)? What about Stuga? Will finishing the Wrothgar achievements on one characters stop her nagging all our other alts?

I stood a new character in front of Tethys Andromo the banker for about ten minutes while I was checking his achievements, and he didn't get shouted at once about Mooth Nar or the Coral whatsit :)

I haven't checked the returning characters for dialogue yet.
    PC EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    Associate Zanon has a conversation with that Nord tinkering with his factotum outside the gates to the dangerous part of the Brass Fortress on a fresh alt. To my knowledge this conversation should only occur after completion of the precursor maker questline, which I had the achievement for on another character.

Maybe they can rename the game to Elder Scrolls in Wonderland, because the dialogue will soon become as nonsensical as a Lewis Carroll tale. Sort of like the Bosmer quests and comments and books about stealth that to this day, have not been rewritten to reflect the change in the racial lore made by the combat team three years ago.

Edited by Jaraal on February 15, 2022 11:29AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Just because it's working as intended doesn't mean it makes sense. And that makes no sense at all

I agree wholeheartedly, just clarifying it because line of discussion is better placed in the feedback thread rather than bug reports.
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Saieden wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »

I agree wholeheartedly, just clarifying it because line of discussion is better placed in the feedback thread rather than bug reports.

The inconsistency still looks and feels like a bug so it deserves being mentionned in a bugreport. If it is intended then ZOS can obviously always 'won'tfix' it.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »

I was hitting this all over the place in the older PTS - being thanked for saving people I hadn't and freeing places I'd never been. Seems all the background NPC comments are tied to achivements that are now shared not to completions. Was very glaring and I only played fairly briefly on my alt account.
    Edited by etchedpixels on February 15, 2022 1:41PM
    Too many toons not enough time