The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 33 - Bug Reports for Account Wide Achievements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving account wide Achievements in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: THE FOLLOWING IS NOW FIXED ON PTS

There appears to be no way to earn certain achievement-unlocked dyes on PTS.

For example, on Live, there is the Contraband Violet dye, unlocked by the Black Market Mogul achievement.
    kiws7r3ox7sc.jpg

However, on PTS, there is no Black Market Mogul achievement listed. If I right click the dye and view the associated achievement link, it goes to Illicit Entrepreneur, but that has no sub-achievement goals.
    9trjj7vl0zcr.jpg
    fa0rupjybraz.jpg
    b3ijzariu6pa.jpg
    Edited by silvereyes on February 15, 2022 12:53AM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cross-posting this from the feedback thread:
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I definitely do NOT like this. The order that one loads characters in should NOT make irreversible, account-wide choices on the player's behalf.
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Can this ben changed to list All of the characters that have done this? And dates? Also shouldn't this divert to the earliest achievement date?

I am seriously getting anxiety over loading my characters in the wrong order...
    Wait, this doesn't seem to be the case. I just checked and it did replace a date with an earlier date and character. Multiple times as I loaded a character that did it earlier. I checked Disrobed Discipline.

I figured out what is going on here. For achievements with multiple prerequisites, the new system is merging ALL prerequisites from ALL characters, and even if none of your characters had earned that achievement before, the first one loaded that completes the prerequisites when merged will get credit.

For example, my character Brightens-Silver-Eyes has only a single prerequisite for the Defender of Summerset achievement completed, but she got credit for the achievement on PTS because she was the first loaded to complete the prerequisites when merged.
    5drb3pc2c71q.jpg

This most definitely seems like a bug to me, as it will lead to totally unpredictable behavior.

In my opinion, progress for objectives for an achievement shouldn't be merged like this, because they were earned under the old character-specific achievement rules. The objectives should only be copied from the character that was closest to earning the achievement.

For example, say my sneaky Dark Brotherhood character has 99 murders, and my law-abiding knight character accidentally killed an NPC once. The law-abiding knight character shouldn't get the credit for the Mass Murderer achievement just because their character gets loaded second. The entire account should just use the details from the maximum, namely, the 99 murders from the Dark Brotherhood character. Then, I can choose which character to finish the achievement with.
    Edited by silvereyes on January 31, 2022 10:54PM
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket 220131-005005;

There are only 4 options for purchasing skyshards on my Alt. None of my alts have all the skyshards and their skill points have not increased compared to live.

8kyofXv.png
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from experience, permanently merging account data in a lossy way is not going to roll out smoothly. Can get exactly this functionality without actually modifying the backing data. This is like a database admin's night terror. Also a lot of people I know that keep replaying are super pissed (I don't really care), but that's besides my point.
  • ketermuls
    ketermuls
    ✭✭✭
    Very little seems to have actually worked. there are many achievements that were not merged, not on the exclusion list.
  • Yuualun
    Yuualun
    ✭✭✭
    There are multiple posts on the feedback thread that indicate that you can't do "collection activities" a second time for example Wrothgar Museum pieces, the clockwork dummy, Skyrim instruments and so fort.
    Not only can't you redo the quest you also can't get a second reward for it.

I really hope this is not the intended behavior...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of inconsistency in which Achievements are character-based, and which are not:
    • The Achievements under the 'Character' tab are implied to be character-specific, but none are actually recorded by character, all are account-wide. While some (General, Champion, Justice, Trophies, Vampire, Werewolf) should be account-wide, others like Guilds or Skyshards should probably be by character.
    • Why are the rune translation achievements the only Crafting ones to be character-specific? Should Rune translation not follow the same rules as alchemy ingredient discovery?
    • Why are public dungeon group events character-specific when group dungeon vanquishers (complete on normal) are not?
    • Museum quests being account-wide disallows other characters from getting them, which also prevents players from obtaining more than one of the rewards per account (Precursor factotum training dummy, 'The Merry Meadmaker' music box).
    • Why are the Maelstrom arena norm/vet completion character-specific while the equivalent achiements for Vateshran Hollows are not?

I did also notice a bit of strangeness that my main showed all Delves, Group Bosses, Trials, World Events, and even some other markers like WSkyrim Giant Camps incomplete with the black map icons (but not Group or Public Dungeons) even though the hover text still showed completion. But once I ported to WSkyrim to see it, they switched to completed across the entire world.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The things that are tracked on the Map Completion and Zone Guide seem to be inconsistent between character and account-wide scopes.

For example, delve tracking appears to be account-wide, despite the fact that the delve quests have not been completed on the character. It has an associated account-wide achievement ("Cave Delver").

However, POIs also have an account-wide achievement ("Pathfinder"), but those are not listed as complete on this new character, despite having the achievement.

Also, neither world events nor world bosses have associated achievements, but they are listed as completed on a new character.

This is all very confusing and inconsistent. IMO, none of these map completion or zone guide things should be affected by account-wide achievements. They should be tracked at the character level, regardless of achievements.

f1resrae3l7y.jpg
    wh9ozy16g1vx.jpg
    Edited by silvereyes on February 3, 2022 3:07AM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Progression Changes
    As part of Account-Wide Achievements, we've rebalanced how the Undaunted skill line advances. You'll now obtain Undaunted reputation when completing the quests found in instanced dungeons, and increased the amount of reputation you gain for completing Undaunted dailies. We have also removed Undaunted guild progression from Undaunted achievements.
    Obtaining undaunted reputation when completing quests, instead of when getting the achievement appears to work correctly. I got 10 undaunted reputation for a dungeon quest. I got nothing for the achievements.

The increased reputation for dailies does not seem to be there. I got 10 for the delve daily and 10 for the normal pledge, which is the same as live. I did not do a vet pledge.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a second character, delves are listed as incomplete on the world map at first.
    ve50qz1vj5wy.jpg
    However, as soon as the delve entrance is within discovery range, the entire delve flips to be completed.
    s86qiqkv5spz.jpg
    15l0lgc9egnj.jpg
    And killing the boss does not raise any sort of completion notification.
    5cgdezvz0pwu.jpg
    I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it seems like a bug to me to have delves automatically complete themselves as soon as they are discovered.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there is also a problem with delve boss spawn cooldown timers resetting when the delve is first discovered on a second character after it was cleared on another character.

I've done three delves on a mostly empty PTS, all in different zones, and where none of the mobs were dead when I played through. However, on all three, the boss wasn't waiting when I got to it. I had to wait several minutes for it to spawn.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reposting something @Wolf_Eye mentioned in the Feedback thread that certain story NPCs like Melina Cassel are tied to achievements, making it so their random encounters do not flow and are permanently missable.
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Melina Cassel appears in Markarth for the Friend In Deed achievement.

She does not give a quest, instead, her dialogue is directly attached to the achievement itself.

I have already tested this.

1. I did not have the achievement starting off.
    2. I went onto Character A and talked to her. I got through her first dialogue stage and got 1/5 completion on the achievement
    3. I then switched to Character B (a brand new character). I found her and talked to her.
    4. Instead of treating Character B like a new person, she treated them as though they were the same as Character A, and the dialogue went on to the second dialogue stage.

The Adoring Fan works much the same way as Melina does, so I would assume that this would be the case with him as well. But he is much harder to test because he's much harder to find (in spite of me yelling out "By Azura! By Azura! By Azura!" in the chat box while wandering Blackwood, he has yet to materialize)

I'm sorry. But I cannot accept this. The Friend In Deed and Adoring Fan achievements are pure story achievements. Literally, the whole point of these ones is to experience the story and dialogue they come with.

What's worse, is that Melina has splitting dialogue choices, so you can't ever do it again on an alt to see the alternative choices. You are literally locked out of this permanently.

I can't say that achievement hunters would really deeply care about having an extra 10 measly points on their achievement score across alts all because a Friend In Deed auto completed on their alts.

But I can say that as a House Ravenwatch fan I really DEEPLY care about being permanently locked out of story content that involves one of my favorite characters after only getting to do it ONCE.

Please. Imagine your fav character in the game, and imagine for a moment that you can't ever do some content with them ever again after doing it only once. Please understand this. Please please please can we please fix this?
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having achievements unlocked on one character seems to cause some weird overlapping in the game world. I came across this in Northern Elsweyr where a new character gets the "Champion of Anequina" title, and for some reason it seems like this causes Queen Khamira to appear on the throne in the Rimmen Palace. Playing through the questline to the Rimmen part of the story causes Euraxia Tharn to also appear there:

Screenshot_20220201_183301.png
    Screenshot_20220201_183322.png

Issue persists after relogging and also after disabling any add-ons.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there is also a problem with delve boss spawn cooldown timers resetting when the delve is first discovered on a second character after it was cleared on another character.

I've done three delves on a mostly empty PTS, all in different zones, and where none of the mobs were dead when I played through. However, on all three, the boss wasn't waiting when I got to it. I had to wait several minutes for it to spawn.

Second this bug.

Beginning to think when they thought about this all they regarded as important were skyshards, hence the earlier implementation of visible completed skyshards - and that they can be bought in the crown store.

With delve completion being account wide there's zero motivation for completing a delve on other characters and no reason to visit them except once per character to grab only the skyshard, ignoring anything else.

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Second this bug.

Beginning to think when they thought about this all they regarded as important were skyshards, hence the earlier implementation of visible completed skyshards - and that they can be bought in the crown store.

With delve completion being account wide there's zero motivation for completing a delve on other characters and no reason to visit them except once per character to grab only the skyshard, ignoring anything else.

There's still the delve quest? It doesn't make all quests automatically completed on your toon. (Unless that's broken on the PTS.)
    Edited by renne on February 5, 2022 8:21AM
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second this bug.

I have to agree with this. Whether or not is intentional, the whole implementation of account wide achievements seems to be making everything related to character-specific gameplay(!) progression so off putting that many players feel pressured to buy skyshards and skill lines from the crown store.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Vampire and Werewolf skill lines from the Crown Store are permanently locked for characters, even those who do not have either skill line at all, since the 'Vampirism/Lycanthropy Master' achievement is already unlocked on all characters.

It even pops with the message "Log in to a character that has not acquired the associated achievement to purchase."
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vampire and Werewolf skill lines from the Crown Store are permanently locked for characters, even those who do not have either skill line at all, since the 'Vampirism/Lycanthropy Master' achievement is already unlocked on all characters.

It even pops with the message "Log in to a character that has not acquired the associated achievement to purchase."

This is feature, leave it alone.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

There's still the delve quest? It doesn't make all quests automatically completed on your toon. (Unless that's broken on the PTS.)

But the delve shows as completed so you have no idea which ones you've done any more. That makes it somewhat unplayable.

Edited by etchedpixels on February 6, 2022 2:40PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second this bug.

Delves are being marked as completed on the map as soon as you discover them, and the zone guide also shows delves all delves in a zone as completed on characters that have not been there yet, so there's no way to tell which delve quests you have completed. Usually, you'd go to the incomplete delve, kill the boss, grab the skyshard and do the quest. But now you don't know what skyshards you can still get and what quests you haven't done on your alt characters (unless you have an exceptional memory)

I second this being a feature, not a bug.

The Moot Councillor
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: THE FOLLOWING IS NOW FIXED ON PTS

The Truly Undaunted achievement for unlocking Undaunted rank 10 is being assigned to the first instead of second sub-achievement, causing the parent achievement to be reported as Undaunted Skill Master, which is the Rank 5 achievement, and report the earlier date for that lesser achievement.
    ufz5as6bew1c.png

For reference, here is the same achievement on live.
    x8mriwnsmlrd.png
    Edited by silvereyes on February 15, 2022 12:55AM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But the delve shows as completed so you have no idea which ones you've done any more. That makes it somewhat unplayable.
    Is there a way to know which delve side quests you’ve done on the live server? They delve is marked completed when the boss dies, not when the side quest is completed.
    Edited by silvereyes on February 9, 2022 5:43PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like all this is going to do is reduce playability for our alts. No fun. Why the heck would you do that, ZOS?
    Also, I sure as heck hope this doesn't mean we can't get multiple music boxes anymore by doing the Bard's College quest. That would be intensely disappointing.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It seems like all this is going to do is reduce playability for our alts. No fun. Why the heck would you do that, ZOS?
    Also, I sure as heck hope this doesn't mean we can't get multiple music boxes anymore by doing the Bard's College quest. That would be intensely disappointing.

Yeah, this is the key word: why? Who does this game changing modification benefit? Why won't you guys post your motivation for changing a core part of the game that wasn't problematic for the past eight years?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 7.3.1
    Map display of a zone is in error when viewed from outside that zone. Look at delves, WB's and Dolmens cleared:

Stonefalls viewed from inside the zone:
    FS7yvLW.jpg

Stonefalls viewed on the same character while she is located in Deshaan. Map pins for delves, WB's and Dolmens are black:
    h4gI7mT.jpg

This character is the one who is credited with the four achievements for the two WB's and two delves that are shown as completed in Stonefalls. She also cleared those two dolmens:

ZfJQy2O.jpg

PC EU
  • asbrizzi
    asbrizzi
    ✭✭

Except the quest has nothing to do with the completion status of the delve. To "complete" a delve all you have to do is defeat the boss inside. You can completly ignore the quest if you want to. I have plenty of delves that show as complete on my alts that I've never done the quest for. So not much really changes in that aspect.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    asbrizzi wrote: »

Except the quest has nothing to do with the completion status of the delve. To "complete" a delve all you have to do is defeat the boss inside. You can completly ignore the quest if you want to. I have plenty of delves that show as complete on my alts that I've never done the quest for. So not much really changes in that aspect.
    Read above. That's not how it's working. As soon as the delve comes in range of discovery, it's icon flips to white and the boss respawn timer resets. You can wait around for 5 minutes for the boss to respawn, then kill it, but there's no popup saying you completed the delve.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but a lot of people will pick up the quest when they go complete the delve on a character, so that when they kill the boss and pick up the skyshard, they know they have completed that particular delve when it's white on the map.
    The Moot Councillor
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Yes, but a lot of people will pick up the quest when they go complete the delve on a character, so that when they kill the boss and pick up the skyshard, they know they have completed that particular delve when it's white on the map.
    Delve quest tracking is somewhat a separate issue, and though you are right that it often times correlate with killing the delve boss, it often doesn’t, especially since completing many of those side quests requires traveling a fair distance from the delve. Since there are already plenty of untracked side quests in the zone, it’s probably best not to focus on the quests as bugs at this point.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never do delve quests anymore on my alts. do the bosses though for extra high first kill exp during 2x events.. not being able to track that would be suboptimal. though I guess 75% of the cases I can do via skyshard... (sometimes I cant be arsed to wait for boss respawn during skyshard run. or sometimes I cant wait for next 2x exp event for skyshard run)
    There is a lot of inconsistency in which Achievements are character-based, and which are not:
    • Why are public dungeon group events character-specific when group dungeon vanquishers (complete on normal) are not?
    • Museum quests being account-wide disallows other characters from getting them,

public dungeon group events give skill points. while vanquisher gives nothing.

makes sense and is important the former is character based for tracking purposes of where to find more skillpoints on alts..
    Edited by remosito on February 9, 2022 4:19PM
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)