The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Walk Warm Sands & Earn Bonus Rewards During the Elsweyr Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
byip00dhf14r.png
This is the official discussion thread for "Walk Warm Sands & Earn Bonus Rewards During the Pan-Elsweyr Celebration"

Adventure in Northern and Southern Elsweyr during the Pan-Elsweyr Celebration in-game event and you’ll unlock new rewards, bonus loot, and Event Tickets.

Staff Post
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Will southern elsweyr have a discount on this event? Thanks!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »

Hm... you're right, the announcement isn't explicitly clear if Dragonhold DLC will have a 50% discount - unless you get it in the megapack.
    If you don’t own Elsweyr or Dragonhold, you can acquire both from the in-game Crown Store on sale during the event period, with 50% off the Elsweyr DLC (and 50% off the Elsweyr Collector’s Pack!) as well as the new addition of the Season of the Dragon mega-pack, which includes the Dragonhold, Wrathstone, and Scalebreaker DLCs.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 15, 2021 2:20PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there should be a less dragons in our homeland, at least for a few days.

Let the great dragon soup cook up begin!

That's what the pans are for no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have any tips about the price of the DLC megapack? Thanks!
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »

Hm... you're right, the announcement isn't explicitly clear if Dragonhold DLC will have a 50% discount - unless you get it in the megapack.
    If you don’t own Elsweyr or Dragonhold, you can acquire both from the in-game Crown Store on sale during the event period, with 50% off the Elsweyr DLC (and 50% off the Elsweyr Collector’s Pack!) as well as the new addition of the Season of the Dragon mega-pack, which includes the Dragonhold, Wrathstone, and Scalebreaker DLCs.

We updated this line to be more clear! It's just the megapack and Elsweyr, not the individual DLCs (like Dragonhold.)
    Staff Post
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    Does the release of the megapack mean that Dragonhold will never be on sale again? I'm not interested in dungeond DLCs, but I was really hoping to grab Dragonhold and some other story-based DLCs on sale, I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Seems like a chill event to get some nice rewards and reengage with older content.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this one hopes his family is safe in riverhold.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Khenarthi's Roost once contained the ancient Kingdom of Khenarthia, one of the original sixteen kingdoms of Elsweyr,"-
    -uesp wiki

I love ESO events, and looking forward to this one, but Elsweyr is bigger than the 2 DLC zones this event focusses upon. It would just be a nice nod to the lore if something happened in the rest of Pan Elsweyr; e.g. double drops in those zones?

(yes I'm still annoyed that the Dark Elf "Tribunal" celebration forgot 1/3 of the tribunal!).

#1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you clarify what color this guy is?

Is he red? brown? I hear some people say black? The picture makes it unclear, because i'm nto sure if we see the sky reflection, or what?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60485/?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=5169331992&linkId=124306148

@ZOS_SarahHecker
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making the Event Tickets drop from dailies. After the Dragon Hunt event debacle where people were losing tickets due to group member kills, this was a much needed QOL change.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is he red? brown? I hear some people say black? The picture makes it unclear, because i'm nto sure if we see the sky reflection, or what?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60485/?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=5169331992&linkId=124306148

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Are you asking about the Dagonic Quasigriff? they are kind of a dark brown/black color (you should be able to see him in the pen where the Impresario's tent is if you want a better look.)
    Staff Post
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker I have a question about event tickets.

Can the Northern Elsweyr ticket also be gotten from the Weekly trial quest in Sunspire?

This has always been the case with similar events that have a trial associated with them, such as Halls of Fabrication for the Morrowind ticket and Asylum Sanctorum for the Clockwork City ticket, in the Feb/Mar Tribunal Event.

It's important to know about details like this, because of the 12-ticket limit - anyone who's close to the limit would want to be aware of it so they could visit the Impresario before starting their trial, if they have a ticket available in it.

Thank you so much for giving us a week's notice on this one! I really appreciate the time to get my Event Tracker addon updated, and to let people who are using it have more time to get the update downloaded.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker

There is a better picture of it in this thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571750/datamine-dagonic-quasigriff-mount/p1
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the Northern Elsweyr ticket also be gotten from the Weekly trial quest in Sunspire?

Yes, if you do the weekly Trial quest before doing a daily it will count as your Northern Elsweyr Event Ticket for the day.
    Staff Post
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be an Exp boost as well? Asking for a friend ;)
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭

There's no reason to expect one. Full 100% XP boosts can be found during four annual events:
    • Jester's Festival (March, Pie of Misrule)
    • Anniversary Jubilee (April, Cake)
    • Witches Festival (October, Cauldron)
    • New Life Festival (December, Breda's Mug).

There's also a double xp during the Mid-Year Mayhem event, which will be called "Whitestrake's Mayhem" in the future, but it only applies to player kills in Cyrodiil. (That one is generally held during January and June; the buff is from using the Scroll of Pelinal's Fury.)

If I wanted to start a new character right now, and wasn't in a hurry to play it, I'd do mount training on it every day until the Witches Festival. For your "friend". ;)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sju wrote: »

@ZOS_SarahHecker

There is a better picture of it in this thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571750/datamine-dagonic-quasigriff-mount/p1

thanks, I appreciate that and thanks Sarah too :)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭

There's no reason to expect one. Full 100% XP boosts can be found during four annual events:
    • Jester's Festival (March, Pie of Misrule)
    • Anniversary Jubilee (April, Cake)
    • Witches Festival (October, Cauldron)
    • New Life Festival (December, Breda's Mug).

There's also a double xp during the Mid-Year Mayhem event, which will be called "Whitestrake's Mayhem" in the future, but it only applies to player kills in Cyrodiil. (That one is generally held during January and June; the buff is from using the Scroll of Pelinal's Fury.)

If I wanted to start a new character right now, and wasn't in a hurry to play it, I'd do mount training on it every day until the Witches Festival. For your "friend". ;)

Thanks, I was aware, but you forgot about the surprise XP event they had a couple months ago. It is the only reason I was asking. I was only half joking about the friend thing, I am in a pretty good spot, but a bit of a CP boost would be nice. XP events seem to bring people out of the woodwork though, and that would be a welcome sight.
  • Williuss
    Williuss
    Does the delve boss bonus loot apply to public dungeons as well? Or is strictly delves, worldbosses, and dragons?
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    A bit disappointed that the event is only 13 days (so 26 tickets max, or 38 if you have 12 left over at the begining) but to buy everything you'll need 45 tickets, not including any Unstable Morpholith fragments you might need.

I'm hoping the drop rate for Ja’zennji Siir style pages is better than it was for Mid-year Mayhem's style pages. They say it's guaranteed to get an Elseweyr Style Page, but don't say how many of the Elsweyr styles are included. Just Pelletine, Anequina, and Ja’zennji Siir or will the dungeon styles be included too?

Across three accounts, my family got zero of the new Mid-year Mayhem pages and wouldn't buy any because, even though we all started with 12 tickets, we spent them on the last fragment for the new personality, then spent the rest buying new fragments for a new Unstable Morpholith. With the upcoming mount and house, we haven't been spending tickets on anything unless we have an Unstable Morpholith, all three fragments for the next one, and all the fragments for the current upgrade.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if loot in Moongrave Fane dungeon will be doubled too - since it's part of Northern Elsweyr zone :)
    Edited by Fischblut on July 16, 2021 3:15PM
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crowns will the Megapack be, with and without the discount?

Just recently coming back into the game and planning my budget for the chapters/DLC I still need to pick up. Was honestly kind of hoping Blackwood was going on sale like chapters usually do this time of year and picking up the collection bundle, then picking up crowns for the smaller DLCs.

Need some info to math this out :P
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Was honestly kind of hoping Blackwood was going on sale like chapters usually do this time of year ...

Gina announced more info about upcoming events on a recent Twitch stream:

July - Pan-Elsweyr
    August - Year One
    September - Bounties of Blackwood

So I'd expect there will be a sale on Blackwood in September, like there generally has been with other chapters in the fall. Hope that helps a bit!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭

There's no reason to expect one. ...

Thanks, I was aware, but you forgot about the surprise XP event they had a couple months ago. It is the only reason I was asking. I was only half joking about the friend thing, I am in a pretty good spot, but a bit of a CP boost would be nice. XP events seem to bring people out of the woodwork though, and that would be a welcome sight.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that one, because that sort of thing is something we can't count on - it happened with no warning or hints at all ahead of time. This one is a regular ticket/zone event, though - it was on the PTS when Blackwood first showed up there, as was the Year One event. (The Bounties of Blackwood event hasn't been there yet, except in the help files.)

Those xp events are so helpful for all of us, now that the cap has been raised! Or for new characters. Though still most for new players, if they take advantage of them.

During the Anniversary Event, I added "/xpbuff" to the Event Tracker addon to make it easier to refresh the buff - it'll work for the other three also. (And uses old cakes for Anniversary if there's one available, and you're in danger of going over ticket cap. Still working on the Scroll of Pelinal.) Wish I could help the console folks too.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I wonder if loot in Moongrave Fane dungeon will be doubled too - since it's part of Northern Elsweyr zone :)

I was just about to ask this! I have a few wanna-be-trials-healers in my guilds who would LOVE double drops in MGF, because getting those staves is painful.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 19, 2021 10:24PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It says that nodes are doubled, Does that apply Globally? or just in the event zones. Also are survey nodes included?
  • Williuss
    Williuss
    @wtlonewolf20 pretty sure its just for elsweyr zones and survey nodes wouldnt be included...i had the same thought process back when they first announced double resource nodes
    Edited by Williuss on July 20, 2021 11:14AM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Williuss wrote: »
    @wtlonewolf20 pretty sure its just for elsweyr zones and survey nodes wouldnt be included...i had the same thought process back when they first announced double resource nodes

That's what I expect as well, but in recent events they typically specify these conditions.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is never survey nodes.

They know we would just save up our crafting surveys for events if that were the case, instead of saving them up because we hate doing them like we do now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/