Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Teammates ignore objectives and deathmatch mindlessly

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The past week is nothing but toxic players ignoring objectives and deathmatching the entire game. It's causing major losses for everyone and ruining battlegrounds. I got yelled at and called an "objective player" for capturing the flag. Seriously?
PC NA
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Most pvpers prefer deathmatch because it acutally incentivises playing pvp instead of running around. But there is no dm queue anymore and the chance to get one is just 20%, so ignoring objective modes is the only solution.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better title:

ZOS ignores PVPers and forces them to play objective BGs endlessly.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    The past week is nothing but toxic players ignoring objectives and deathmatching the entire game. It's causing major losses for everyone and ruining battlegrounds. I got yelled at and called an "objective player" for capturing the flag. Seriously?

Being yelled at for playing a game is wrong.....whatever you are doing, however you are doing it.

However, in my opinion toxic is something different: tea-bagging, nerd raging, people losing their sh@@ when they don't win etc.....I simply cannot stand this [snip] and sadly there is plenty of it in BGs...Cyro is a lot more chilled in my opinion.

If a player is not super keen on the objective? I'm not that bothered to be honest as long as they fight and they kill/heal when they need to.

[edited for language]

Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 6, 2021 11:24AM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give points for Ks in all modes and everybody is happy. If you want to sprint around the perimeter of a Domination match, go right ahead, if you want to sit on the middle flag and spam AoEs, you can do that too.

Or fill all the holes on the maps and give us 1 patch of Chaosball only with scored off-ball Ks. In my opinion Chaosball is the most consistently competitive match type since it persuades all 12 players to congregate better than any other type.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 21, 2021 6:37PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Thuragan
    Thuragan
    ✭✭✭
    My experience has been the same. BGs are absolutely broken right now.

Every single day I see the same people over and over again in the BGs. Those people are all rank 40-50 Grand Overlords and such, completely steamrolling everyone. I'm only rank 21 on one of my characters, how am I being queued with them? Is there not enough population? Is MMR broken? Not only that, but they don't play objectives, all they do is kill.

I used to somewhat enjoy BGs but it's completely not fun right now and a very bad experience. Really disappointed.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gah, I hate that. I play battlegrounds to gain points, to get the daily bonus. It gets kinda annoying to get stuck with pew-pew-pew-ers that only want to kill things, and who virtually guarantee that we get third place. :-(
  • YouLostToAGirl
    Just left some kids vid to come read this bc tbh people who ignore objectives are absolutely awful and people who defend it are even worse. Had to do several BGs today just to get my daily done bc it was the same 10 people every round all playing death match and spending most of their time respawning lol
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My team won chaosball last night vs 2 teams that scored 0 points. They mostly just fought each other except for one guy that tried to take the ball solo.
    PS | EU
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

PvP does not mean PeopleKillingPeople
    Playing other games against humans IS PvP no matther what the objective is.

[snip]
    If you want only to do DM ask ZoS to create a queue for that.

[edited for baiting and to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 22, 2021 2:20PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But we did, lots of times. There are no separate queues still.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP does not mean PeopleKillingPeople
    Playing other games against humans IS PvP no matther what the objective is.

[snip]

I think its pretty obvious that nearly everyone who plays "Deathmatch" in other modes wants ZOS to just reintroduce DM only queue lol

And also that might be your definition of PvP :)
    In my opinion running around a map avoiding other players is no PvP.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 22, 2021 2:23PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

@ZOS_RachelM Rachel, any word on whether ZOS will give us back Deathmatch queue? Look at how many people the lack of a Deathmatch queue is upsetting the community? DM queue used to be in the game. Just flip the switch back on. Give the community what it wants!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Greetings!

@ZOS_RachelM Rachel, any word on whether ZOS will give us back Deathmatch queue? Look at how many people the lack of a Deathmatch queue is upsetting the community? DM queue used to be in the game. Just flip the switch back on. Give the community what it wants!

Either of these would be an improvement:

1. Increase the frequency of Deathmatch games in current matchmaking (up to 33% to 50%).

2. Create separate Deathmatch queues, like:

Group Objective (Daily Bonus Eligible)
    Solo Objective (Daily Bonus Eligible)
    Group Deathmatch
    Solo Deathmatch
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that queue for BGs want to have a no lag PvP experience. Capturing flags and/or doing objectives is just a waste of time.

Here is an easy solution:
    When BG queue procs - it should demonstrate what game mode that is and if it is not the game mode you want - you can just decline and continue searching. If you are tired of waiting for a deathmatch you can accept any mode, but ideally, much fewer people will be dissatisfied with the BG experience.

P.S. in every single BG that is not a deathmatch - people complain about someone not doing the objective - maybe it is time to stop ignoring the elephant in the room and do something about it...

We want a Deathmatch only queue!!
    Edited by GrigorijMalahevich on June 24, 2021 9:43AM
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I don't know what's hard about focusing on your goals. But most players focus only on killing or maybe more trying to kill someone. Last week I had to do 6 matches to do daily. Battleground has a lot more problems than the players. 0 of the system, no leagues that would increase the attractiveness of this mode. No class balance. Your character will run high mmr? Good luck if you're not Sorc. Nothing has changed for so many years.

Make a separate deathmatch queue? Other modes will die. And I personally like Crazy king or Chaosball. I have more fun than killing others
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can queue for random dungeons or specific dungeons. You can go into Cryodil or IC.
    But when it comes to Battleground options are cut off, and this benefits who?

How about make Random Battleground queues have the daily bonus reward, and have the separate BG game modes be options not including the daily challenge bonuses, similar to how dungeons work.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a match the other day where my team decided to just roll around and kill everyone while they tried to capture relic. I actually enjoy it when I get those teams, nice to just not give a *** and roll around like idiot ***. Now I understand when you pug group and want to get your daily done and then you get stuck with a team like that it must suck. But we were a premade so everyone was on the same page on my team. Still made someone super fanny flustered though. Take a look.

[snip]

People apparently get mad when you do that even when it doesn't effect their daily. I guess this is what happens when you remove DM queue.

[Picture Removed for Hate Speech]
    Edited by Psiion on June 26, 2021 3:20AM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    You can queue for random dungeons or specific dungeons. You can go into Cryodil or IC.
    But when it comes to Battleground options are cut off, and this benefits who?

How about make Random Battleground queues have the daily bonus reward, and have the separate BG game modes be options not including the daily challenge bonuses, similar to how dungeons work.

What? Why would other BG modes NOT provide the daily bonus? This would only harm those of us who zugg at PvP, and who are better at doing objectives using tactics than at fighting.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no issue in implementing checkmarks for the modes you want, including soloQ and groupQ.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it happens all the time when I do BGs. Why? Well, simply because I don't know what the objectives are in anything but Deathmatch. I know I know....I should figure it out. But I play BGs very rarely and don't really care about the objectives except in Deathmatch.

Wish we could actually choose the event instead of it being random. I do realize that real PVPers get upset when us PVE types hop in BGs and don't do the objectives and I apologize for that.

Since I play that way I usually group with friends or guildies when I play BGs. But I'm sure most of us PVE types don't have that luxury and just want to do some quick BGs and queue solo.

With Midyear Mayhem I can certainly see this happening a lot more. Sorry bout that!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    I had a match the other day where my team decided to just roll around and kill everyone while they tried to capture relics it. I actually enjoy it when I get those teams, nice to just not give a *** and roll around like idiot ***. Now I understand when when you pug group and want to get your daily done and then you get stuck with a team like that it must suck. But we were a premade so everyone was on the same page on my team. Still made someone super fanny flustered though. Take a look.
    [snip]

People apparently get mad when you do that even when it doesn't effect their daily. I guess this is what happens when you remove DM queue.

[Picture Removed for Hate Speech]

LOL. Yep, I do the same as your group did. Just want to have fun killing others. I don't really care about the objectives.
    Edited by Psiion on June 26, 2021 3:20AM
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Alot of ppl go where the quickest interesting thing is and dont bother looking at the map. Simply adding a mini map to the ui would help this problem imo
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is the insetive for winning BGs? Most pvp players just want to Pvp, unless you give the players an incentive to "win" the game-mode most will opt out to just pvping.

As of right now you can win some extra ap, and some junk gear that is worth more after deconstructing.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every game is death match if you play it right. They can't capture relics, carry a ball or stand on flags IF THEY ALL BE DED
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone remind me what the point of bringing group-queue back (at the expense of choosing the specific game) was, if none of the groups queueing are actually interested in playing BGs correctly? Because the whole system is now more farcical than it ever was before.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every game is death match if you play it right. They can't capture relics, carry a ball or stand on flags IF THEY ALL BE DED

This has a lot of truth to it so I try to just let it be what it is and use it to the advantage of the team as best I can. I'm not going to kill 30 players in a match, but if I have a player on the team that is doing that, then great. They cut down on the "pests" as I work on the objectives.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

This has a lot of truth to it so I try to just let it be what it is and use it to the advantage of the team as best I can. I'm not going to kill 30 players in a match, but if I have a player on the team that is doing that, then great. They cut down on the "pests" as I work on the objectives.

I have seen hundreds of times the teams that had the most frags losing to low or even 0 scores.
    Killing others at the target, (flag or ball) ok, running to kill everyone you meet just for kills? No its not way to win
    More than once I had a chaosball situation where, for example, the Greens had the ball, and the Reds were ganking the Blue under resp. Strangely enough, the Greens won the match without any problems

- Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    What is the insetive for winning BGs? Most pvp players just want to Pvp, unless you give the players an incentive to "win" the game-mode most will opt out to just pvping.

As of right now you can win some extra ap, and some junk gear that is worth more after deconstructing.

Some people go for the style pages as well and you only get those by winning AFAIK.