The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Teammates ignore objectives and deathmatch mindlessly

• Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone interested in actually seeing a Deathmatch queue reintroduced should head over to the PTS forum and make their desires known. 7.1.0 dropped on PTS today with no mention of the addition of a Deathmatch queue. Of course there's a few more weeks of PTS, so the hope is alive, but it can't hurt to let your voice be heard.

done
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    me playing capture the relic alone:

E1peiWX.png

teammate:

aIHjMdY.png
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 13, 2021 5:38AM
    PC NA
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

E1peiWX.png

teammate:

aIHjMdY.png

ZOS... do you not see how absolutely toxic not giving the choice to pick game modes has become?
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

E1peiWX.png

teammate:

aIHjMdY.png

ZOS... do you not see how absolutely toxic not giving the choice to pick game modes has become?

adding DM won't fix these people, they will still be toxic, just separated them
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »

E1peiWX.png

teammate:

aIHjMdY.png

adding DM won't fix these people, they will still be toxic, just separated them

I disagree. The two distinct communities are absolutely fed up being forced to play with each other. Giving us back the freedom to choose game modes will 100% lower the temperature.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E1peiWX.png

teammate:

aIHjMdY.png

Seems like it is you who weren’t aligned with your team
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PvPer looking for alternatives to doing any endeavors related to battlegrounds. I see them as the worst experience available for endeavor collection. When they came out, BGs were fun.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone interested in actually seeing a Deathmatch queue reintroduced should head over to the PTS forum and make their desires known. 7.1.0 dropped on PTS today with no mention of the addition of a Deathmatch queue. Of course there's a few more weeks of PTS, so the hope is alive, but it can't hurt to let your voice be heard.

Assuming they ever read PTS threads :D
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Seems like it is you who weren’t aligned with your team

They are not aligned with the game mode. I will leave the battleground if 3 teammates are not helping with objectives.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 14, 2021 5:53AM
    PC NA
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Alot of ppl go where the quickest interesting thing is and dont bother looking at the map. Simply adding a mini map to the ui would help this problem imo

Yeah this is a really big thing, sometimes I forget that others don't have my mini-map add-on and what a massive advantage that gives me.
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    How I used to play back when we could happily queue for Deathmatch:

1) do my Random daily BG for extra reward, thus having to endure 1 or few random modes.
    2) queue for Deathmatch and play one after another for hours

Today, Deathmatches are very rare... I truly hate when I get objective game nowadays, especially Relic. But I do my best to play objective, because it's common sense. We're in this mess together.
    What is the insetive for winning BGs? Most pvp players just want to Pvp, unless you give the players an incentive to "win" the game-mode most will opt out to just pvping.

As of right now you can win some extra ap, and some junk gear that is worth more after deconstructing.

Winner gets ~14k AP. Two BGs won, and you can buy 1 forward camp + some more items, or few sieges, or some potions :) Also winners get higher chance to receive very rare item, Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis :o It's always nice to try and maximize your chance. Lats time I checked, this item costed 25 millions gold :'( One can dream...

If during objective match, teams are not even trying, and play pure deathmatch, and it goes for 15 minutes... And you most likely won't win objective match in such situation, so you get 7k-10k AP for 15 minutes, while you burn through your potions on cooldown during that match... For me, it's not very rewarding :D
    To be fair, I am very angry even when my team is trying to win Objective match and fails, if that match was going for full 15 minutes.
    The only time I'm not angry that match lasts 15 minutes is... Deathmatch :) Because that means that all groups were strong, and we had good fight even if we couldn't win.

The only time I "allowed" two teams to have their personal deathmatch in Relic game, is when I had no team myself. I captured some relics, and was watching two other teams fight. I had to end the match about a minute earlier though, because one player from enemy team started capturing relics too. I didn't have any fun that match myself, and I was very envious that those two teams could have good fights :/

qga1T5r.jpg

Not Gonna lie I think its funny that you won solo, but I also think it shows this problem may be a bit exaggerated.

If "everyone" is ignoring objectives then it allows an objective player to snipe the win. I am an objective player and I do it all the time, especially when I get a team of muppets. I always start out as a team player, but if we get constantly rolled or the team is not trying to win, then I switch to solo carry mode and start sniping caps and relics.

I think another thing people need to realize is that with three teams in BG winning is actually kinda hard, all things being equal you should only expect to win 1/3 of the time. I think this gives a bad impression to players because mentally they see themselves as losing more than they are winning.
  • scrobey
    scrobey
    ✭✭✭
    I would enjoy chaos ball if I could pass the ball to teammates.. 😂
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scrobey wrote: »
    I would enjoy chaos ball if I could pass the ball to teammates.. 😂

You can, type "lets reset the ball" and stop healing yourself.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going on a bit of a tangent but in some games kills are actually discouraged, for example in relic games you can score 100 points by doing an assist, but an actual kill doesn't score anything, I've had games with 15 kills near the relic as I was defending, and got like 300 points because I had just 3 assists.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Every match is a death match until the queue returns. I actually play the objective in crazy king and chaosball though because the whole lobby is usually focused on one or two areas tryna score points while killing each other at the same time. That works for me
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    Every match is a death match until the queue returns. I actually play the objective in crazy king and chaosball though because the whole lobby is usually focused on one or two areas tryna score points while killing each other at the same time. That works for me

As long as people are playing and queing they wont bring it back. They could have easily done it before now but haven't. There is no rush for them because everyone is still playing.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    ImSoPro wrote: »

As long as people are playing and queing they wont bring it back. They could have easily done it before now but haven't. There is no rush for them because everyone is still playing.

That's way too careless and spiteful to the players for that to be true. The devs collectively being that way about their game? Looking at feedback and saying "well they are playing it anyway" so screw what they are saying about it.