The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Teammates ignore objectives and deathmatch mindlessly

• Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    Don't mess "PvP" with brainless slaughter.
    PvP is just "Player vs Player" game mode. Chess, football and etc. are PvP games aswell. You don't have to kill everything or disable all players to win the match.
    Players who get 50/1 kills in Chaosball are totally useless in DM. Bragging with such "success" and "skill" is same as bragging how much people you hit from behind by the rock on the street.
    I can't really get, if you want non stop action, what prevents you from going to Imperial City, where is non stop deathmatch?

Be honest - you just want to bully other players and spoil their game.

IC isn't at all the same experience. Can't even find players to fight most of the time. When you do there's a good chance you'll be outnumbered. When you've been doing nothing but Deathmatch for 2 years IC is a paltry substitute.

I had this problem before I discovered "lfg" in zone chat.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is just "Player vs Player" game mode. Chess, football and etc. are PvP games aswell. You don't have to kill everything or disable all players to win the match.
    Players who get 50/1 kills in Chaosball are totally useless in DM. Bragging with such "success" and "skill" is same as bragging how much people you hit from behind by the rock on the street.
    I can't really get, if you want non stop action, what prevents you from going to Imperial City, where is non stop deathmatch?

IC isn't at all the same experience. Can't even find players to fight most of the time. When you do there's a good chance you'll be outnumbered. When you've been doing nothing but Deathmatch for 2 years IC is a paltry substitute.

Still not even close to the same experience. IC is dead 90% of the time. Finding a group doesn’t change that. And even when you are in a group, most fights are Xv1 or 2. Often against low level or low skilled players.

BG’s (usually) guarantees a fair fight against players that are close to your level and experience. No lfg needed. Just q up and go. No need to “hunt” for players to fight. If you die you’re right back in the action a few seconds later. I’ve done a lot… A LOT of IC. It can be fun when the conditions are right, but that’s a rare occurence whereas with BG’s it’s the norm. Like I said before, IC is a poor substitute when Deatchmatch has basically been the entire game to me since Morrowind. “Just go to IC” isn’t going to be satisfactory for any Deathmatcher.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the separate issue - nobody groups in IC (even when they play) because they are greedy ***, and rewards are split evenly between group members. Only groups you can observe are guild balls. Obviously I'm not talking about MYM.

Then again, BGs objectives meta is permablock tank hugging flag/relic. I'm not even joking, check this out.

No PvPer taking those modes seriously because they are not serious. They need to rehaul BG objectives completely if they are to be taken seriously.
    Edited by divnyi on July 6, 2021 3:37AM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    You are missing my point. I am not saying that DM queue is not needed. I am saying that while we don't have it - spoiling objective games for other players is toxic behavior and ruining game experience. It's not their fault that Zenimax didn't give you DM. They are doing their best for winning flag game or land grab.

Then again, BGs objectives meta is permablock tank hugging flag/relic. I'm not even joking, check this out.

No PvPer taking those modes seriously because they are not serious. They need to rehaul BG objectives completely if they are to be taken seriously.

Don't speak for everyone. [snip] Everyone who play PvP is PvPer. If people are playing objectives and taking them seriously - you can't call it "not serious".
    Yeah, permablocking tanks is a problem. But we are talking about player behavior here. Not builds.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 6, 2021 11:31AM
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    You are missing my point. I am not saying that DM queue is not needed. I am saying that while we don't have it - spoiling objective games for other players is toxic behavior and ruining game experience. It's not their fault that Zenimax didn't give you DM. They are doing their best for winning flag game or land grab.

Don't speak for everyone. [snip] Everyone who play PvP is PvPer. If people are playing objectives and taking them seriously - you can't call it "not serious".
    Yeah, permablocking tanks is a problem. But we are talking about player behavior here. Not builds.

This topic shows how people behave how they treat other players. You are not real PvP if:
    1. You don't treat every match as DM,
    2. If you don't have a K/D ratio of 30, don't talk about PvP.
    3. Only DM BG, are a real pvp experience,
    4. Others matches with goals are for clowns, bcs its PvE.
    5. You must and speak for everyone, because everyone wants only and only DM.
    6. Cyro or IC? Its for zerglings

did I miss something?

[edited to remove quote]

Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 6, 2021 11:32AM
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

Yea. If you are not spoiling objective games - you are not true PvPer. Any teamwork automatically kicks you out from noble PvP community.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

Yea. If you are not spoiling objective games - you are not true PvPer. Any teamwork automatically kicks you out from noble PvP community.

I've seen zero organized communities in this game who are primarily interested in Chaos Ball, Relic, Crazy King etc. The people who are passionate enough about PvP to organize and form actual communities are Deathmatchers. There are no ESO PvP content creators who are known for objective-based gameplay because nobody would watch because it's boring. So yeah, unironically you're kind of right.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it is not a problem. Permablocking tank doesn't kill anyone. The best impact you can do is to act as a los-breaker + Guard one player, which is not nearly enough in high MMR, as players will just focus everyone else in your team.

The problem is that all the objective game modes META is being tanky. Flags? Tanky to be able to capture first and drag the attackers into infinite fight. Relics? Tanky to be able to move the relic home or defend. Chaosball? I guess I don't need to explain.

And permablock just happens to be the most tanky build out there. Nerf it and ppl will bring the next best thing, like idk armor cap necro.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

I've seen zero organized communities in this game who are primarily interested in Chaos Ball, Relic, Crazy King etc. The people who are passionate enough about PvP to organize and form actual communities are Deathmatchers. There are no ESO PvP content creators who are known for objective-based gameplay because nobody would watch because it's boring. So yeah, unironically you're kind of right.

Playing content is not watching content. We are talking about players, who spoil the game of other players. I understand that there is a need in effort to justify rudeness and toxicity in the game, but it is completely not working out.
    In addition, most "content" is created in Cyro for bragging how one guy fights big number of enemies.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

Playing content is not watching content. We are talking about players, who spoil the game of other players. I understand that there is a need in effort to justify rudeness and toxicity in the game, but it is completely not working out.
    In addition, most "content" is created in Cyro for bragging how one guy fights big number of enemies.

Well even considering that playing is different from watching.. where are the Capture the Relic guilds? Where are the communities of players who are passionate about objective-based game play? Like it or not Deathmatchers are the community and always have been. Your best bet to stick it to the DMers is to form a guild of players who are organized and take objectives seriously so that DMers are unable to spoil it for you. But I doubt you’ll be able to find nearly enough players with the enthusiasm needed to do that.

Nobody wants to spoil anything. We just want our game back. Sorry your daily gets ruined or whatever but for us the whole game has been ruined. Objective players ruin the game too. I’ve seen plenty of matches where 11/12 players want to deathmatch but there’s the one player who ruins it by running relics and ending the match in 5 minutes. The random-only queue needs to go, simple as that.

There are objectives in IC and Cyro too btw.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on July 7, 2021 12:21PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

That's the separate issue - nobody groups in IC (even when they play) because they are greedy ***, and rewards are split evenly between group members. Only groups you can observe are guild balls. Obviously I'm not talking about MYM.

Just passing through here, but that video gave me quite the giggle. I may try that out myself! Thanks!
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

Well even considering that playing is different from watching.. where are the Capture the Relic guilds? Where are the communities of players who are passionate about objective-based game play? Like it or not Deathmatchers are the community and always have been. Your best bet to stick it to the DMers is to form a guild of players who are organized and take objectives seriously so that DMers are unable to spoil it for you. But I doubt you’ll be able to find nearly enough players with the enthusiasm needed to do that.

Nobody wants to spoil anything. We just want our game back. Sorry your daily gets ruined or whatever but for us the whole game has been ruined. Objective players ruin the game too. I’ve seen plenty of matches where 11/12 players want to deathmatch but there’s the one player who ruins it by running relics and ending the match in 5 minutes. The random-only queue needs to go, simple as that.

Nobody wants, but keeping doing that.
    All you achieve with this approach is pissing off all players who want to do objectives in objective game. And you expecting from them help and understanding? Why anyone has to help someone who spoils experience?

What about creating thread here, inside the game or somewhere else: "Hey, PvP guys, we love DM and want separate queue back. Please, help us! Support our petition and lets figure things out for comfortable playing together!"?

Instead you are justigying playing volleyball on the golf field and wondering why golf players not supporting you.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did I miss something?

Nobody wants, but keeping doing that.
    All you achieve with this approach is pissing off all players who want to do objectives in objective game. And you expecting from them help and understanding? Why anyone has to help someone who spoils experience?

What about creating thread here, inside the game or somewhere else: "Hey, PvP guys, we love DM and want separate queue back. Please, help us! Support our petition and lets figure things out for comfortable playing together!"?

Instead you are justigying playing volleyball on the golf field and wondering why golf players not supporting you.

A petition would be pointless because we all already agree that separate queues need to return. Lots of threads/polls have already been made. It's crystal clear what we all want. We're already at an agreement that the random-only queue is bad, so the "help and understanding" is already there.

I'm justifying playing the game we've been playing since Morrowind, with a large robust community of like-minded players. 4 years of glorious Deathmatch action now ground to a halt.

You could prevent the game from being spoiled, you know. By doing what I said.. forming a PvP guild that focuses on objectives. If you got a group of like-minded players who took it as seriously as the people in my guilds do, then the DMers wouldn't be an issue at all. You could laugh at them while they try to kill your team of tanks as you slowly move from flag to flag. As it is, the only organized BG communities that exist are primarily interested in Deathmatch. So really it's you who is spoiling our game.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on July 7, 2021 2:24PM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    A petition would be pointless
    So, you are doing literally nothing for bringing it back. Such stuff is needed for developers, not players.
    I'm justifying playing the game we've been playing since Morrowind
    Brainless slaughtering of objective players in objective games? That never happened, lol. The game you played changed rules and mechanics.
    You could prevent the game from being spoiled, you know. By doing what I said.. forming a PvP guild that focuses on objectives.

You need to stop worrying, I already have a guild. So, we agreed there to report players who spoil game experience in objective games.

So-called "organized pvp communities" is the only thing you see, ignoring what happens in the game every day (and here, lol). This thread proves that. People are pissed off by toxic behavior and ruining rest of already broken game.
    So really it's you who is spoiling our game.

It's not your game. It's game for everyone. With rules, which you are violating and trying to justify it.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always play the objective, not because I enjoy it, but because I care about winning. (Honestly I don't know why I care. I think it has something to do with it being the only "legitimate" indicator of success)

But anyone who calls the players who DM in objective modes "toxic" are engaging in gross mischaracterization. Prayers who focus on player versus player fighting in objective modes are simply playing the way they prefer. Unfortunately the game itself does a poor job of giving them the ability to do so in the ideal setting, so they have to find a way to still enjoy their experience. I completely sympathize with these players. I would vastly prefer to be able to choose death match, and actually engage in player versus player combat as the primary activity in BGs, and not running to undefended flags, or trying to play keep away with the chaosball. Frankly, I'd rather have these death match players populating objective games, then quitting altogether.

Just remember, they're not trying to spoil your experience, they're just trying to make their experience worthwhile.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Do you really think running around in circles, avoiding fights and capping flags is at all fun for BG regulars or PvPers in general? People queue for BGs to get guaranteed fights in an even, less laggy environment…not to get 2 fights a game while everyone runs away to the next flag.

Yes, not for all PvP players only killing defines "good pvp". I have much fun with Crazy king or Chaosball than Deathmatchs. I've had matches where fighting was much more interesting in these modes.
    So please stop saying that all players want the BGs to become just deathmatches.

I agree. I also find deathmatch in ESO
    Do you really think running around in circles, avoiding fights and capping flags is at all fun for BG regulars or PvPers in general? People queue for BGs to get guaranteed fights in an even, less laggy environment…not to get 2 fights a game while everyone runs away to the next flag.

Yes, not for all PvP players only killing defines "good pvp". I have much fun with Crazy king or Chaosball than Deathmatchs. I've had matches where fighting was much more interesting in these modes.
    So please stop saying that all players want the BGs to become just deathmatches.

It’s the truth, though. When mode queues were active, DM had the most players by far. This thread wouldn’t even have been made if people weren’t so interested in playing DM.

Are you suggesting that threads like this do reflect the game's population? I ask because I have seen threads requesting some odd things that seemed more personal than popular.

I am not arguing that some people like deathmatches. After all, they are simpler.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you are doing literally nothing for bringing it back. Such stuff is needed for developers, not players.
    Brainless slaughtering of objective players in objective games? That never happened, lol. The game you played changed rules and mechanics.
    You could prevent the game from being spoiled, you know. By doing what I said.. forming a PvP guild that focuses on objectives.

You need to stop worrying, I already have a guild. So, we agreed there to report players who spoil game experience in objective games.

So-called "organized pvp communities" is the only thing you see, ignoring what happens in the game every day (and here, lol). This thread proves that. People are pissed off by toxic behavior and ruining rest of already broken game.

It's not your game. It's game for everyone. With rules, which you are violating and trying to justify it.

The devs know. There have been lots of threads and polls already. I mean sure I'll sign a petition but it isn't going to give the devs any info they don't already have.

If you really wanted to, you could put together a team of unkillable tanks that win every non-DM match. If any guilds really wanted to get serious about objective-based game play, it would be easy to shut down the DMers by putting together teams of players who are optimized to focus the objective. Why doesn't your guild do that?

Nobody is violating any rules. Killing players is 100% allowed in every BG mode. No matter what game type, the scoreboard at the end shows everyone's KDA. And dead enemies can't do objectives so it's not like killing players doesn't contribute. I doubt anyone suffers any repercussions from your reports. But I like that you're sending the reports because it's a good reminder to ZOS that nobody is happy with the current situation.

If you take a look at the comments that have the most "agrees", you'll see that one thing this thread "proves" is that the majority of the BG community are DMers.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭

The devs know. There have been lots of threads and polls already. I mean sure I'll sign a petition but it isn't going to give the devs any info they don't already have.

If you really wanted to, you could put together a team of unkillable tanks that win every non-DM match. If any guilds really wanted to get serious about objective-based game play, it would be easy to shut down the DMers by putting together teams of players who are optimized to focus the objective. Why doesn't your guild do that?

Nobody is violating any rules. Killing players is 100% allowed in every BG mode. No matter what game type, the scoreboard at the end shows everyone's KDA. And dead enemies can't do objectives so it's not like killing players doesn't contribute. I doubt anyone suffers any repercussions from your reports. But I like that you're sending the reports because it's a good reminder to ZOS that nobody is happy with the current situation.

If you take a look at the comments that have the most "agrees", you'll see that one thing this thread "proves" is that the majority of the BG community are DMers.

I love it when you switch to immortal tanks etc. but that's not a topic about it.

" And dead enemies can't do objectives"

This sentence only shows how few people commenting on BG play them. In many cases where teams had high KD ratio, they simply lost matches with very low score. So this argument is drawn from the deepest pits of Oblivion.

- Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it when you switch to immortal tanks etc. but that's not a topic about it.

" And dead enemies can't do objectives"

This sentence only shows how few people commenting on BG play them. In many cases where teams had high KD ratio, they simply lost matches with very low score. So this argument is drawn from the deepest pits of Oblivion.

BG's are all I do lol. If you do BG's with any regularity on PC/NA then you know that. Ofc Deathmatching isn't the most effective way to win the objective.. but it's not nothing. A dead enemy can't challenge you for a flag or take your relic or whatever. For the people who have been doing nothing but Deathmatch for years now, huddling together holding block on a flag isn't going to be a satisfactory gameplay experience.. and when less than 1/10 queue pops are Deathmatch, at a certain point something's gotta give. I'm not gonna spend a Saturday night queueing up to run away from fights. Also, if the whole team has good KDA's then they're probably just straight ignoring objectives. They ignore objectives on purpose to make the (Death)match last as long as possible. On the other hand, I've been on teams where 3 of us are straight DMing and the 4th is just capping flags and we win by a landslide. There are anecdotes for all occasions XD

If we can't get separate Q's back then it would be nice if kills could earn points towards the objective (but the objective would award much more points ofc). That way if someone wants to Deathmatch they are still contributing to the W. A team could win by objective, or by kill counts, or a combo of both. Deathmatchers gonna Deathmatch either way so may as well.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, they're not trying to spoil your experience, they're just trying to make their experience worthwhile.

^^
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose ZOS can change how scoring works if they don't allow us to select game modes.

For example, capturing one flag gives your team 100 points, killing an enemy in non-death match games gives your team 10 points or so (I just randomly make up the 100 / 10 points but I guess you know the concept).

Players can feel free to focus on capturing objectives or killing others.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as any player joining Cyrodiil needs to accept the fact that they are in a PvP zone and will be fighting people, any player who joins Battlegrounds needs to accept the fact that they're possibly going to be playing objectives and get over themselves. If they want pure PvP killing without bothering with objectives, they should be in Cyrodiil or just dueling nonstop. This is on those players, not ZOS.

Separate queues to let people choose Deathmatch would be great. Upping the chance of Deathmatch, absolutely not great. Some people like the objective games better than just what one can get in Cyrodiil or IC. It's boring to turn BGs into another copy of them.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s clear not having the ability to select the game mode is making the community toxic AF against each other. Are you listening ZOS?
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Our new mate @ZOS_Kevin can you please confirm that ZOS is looking to bring death match as a seperate que to obejctive modes or what the plan is to address how miserable the BG community is becoming due to the changes made.

These threads go ignored constantly in terms of communication back from anyone at ZOS.

Would be nice to hear from someone please.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Our new mate @ZOS_Kevin can you please confirm that ZOS is looking to bring death match as a seperate que to obejctive modes or what the plan is to address how miserable the BG community is becoming due to the changes made.

These threads go ignored constantly in terms of communication back from anyone at ZOS.

[Removing than bait]

Please follow the community guidelines ...

Have they ever commented on anything more?
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

Just a little suggestion. Could the forums not show the Z next to the thread if it's just a copypaste "We've removed blah blah" comment.
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭

[Removing than bait]

no they havent, so i guess here is their chance to give us a proper response that isnt some scripted autobot customer serivce speal.

If they arent looking at making any changes here based on community feedback, i'd rather them just say so.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭

[Removing than bait]

no they havent, so i guess here is their chance to give us a proper response that isnt some scripted autobot customer serivce speal.

If they arent looking at making any changes here based on community feedback, i'd rather them just say so.

This topic has been raised many times from years, and there is still no reference to it from ZOS. Apart from BG population is too small. without wondering why this is happening.

And everyone know why. because they dont develop BG, they just withdraw it with each decision.
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If DM was made a choice to queue for, you would ha e people on these forums complaining about how long their CTF and domination queues take and demand zos "fix their matchmaking" as was the case.

The fact of the matter is DM is fundamentally the most attractive game mode because it incentivizes proper pvp interaction where the win condition is moreso than any other objective mode influenced by a players ability to actually outplay other players.

There is nothing "tactical", strategic or 5 brain about objective modes as they are implemented in eso. And suggesting that DM is only popular to people who dont want to think or just want to pk is ridiculous.

That being said, the issue is with zos at the end of the day. Sure, you shouldn't sabotage a game because you want to pvp instead of playing ring around the rosey, but zos needs to acknowledge the simple fact that when specfic queues were implemented, DM dominated the BG selection, hands down. It is not even close. If you chose random it was DM 99 percent of the time and if you selected anything other than DM, and were even in a moderately placed mmr bracket, you were looking at 20 minute queues at best. THAT was the reality.

Is seems as if ZOS would rather not acknowledge the issue with their other bg modes and force people to play them. BGs were requested for many years before being added because players wanted an avenue to get into quick skirmishes without the nonsense shenanigans that exist in cyrodil. They wanted a way to just queue get into a quick match where they can see if they are able to actually pvp and actually outplay other players, where team memebers actually had to carry the burden of performance.

The irony here is that objective modes arnet even am issue in principle, and many mmos in the history of the genre have implemented very well made battle grounds where objectives were the core of a match win condition, where pvp was still heavily incentivized, by smart map geography and game modes tailored specifically to certain maps and kept team size modest enough to not be zerg affairs but not small enough to be "arenas" and you only had 2 teams instead of 3.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone interested in actually seeing a Deathmatch queue reintroduced should head over to the PTS forum and make their desires known. 7.1.0 dropped on PTS today with no mention of the addition of a Deathmatch queue. Of course there's a few more weeks of PTS, so the hope is alive, but it can't hurt to let your voice be heard.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”