The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.

Dungeon finder has no quality because trash tier damage dealer are babied instead of kicked.
    Now they are so entitled they demand tank to carry them.
    You give them a hand they take the whole arm.
    If part of the community want to baby them more, why not just split up the ques.

Why are people liking this comment?

Split up the queues? This seems a deeply flawed concept/solution, that would slow down queue times, thats the last thing we need.

The group finder cannot control players ability or behavior, it finds groups by role, simple. If you get a rubbish team move along, or queue with friends/guildies - thats the simple solution, not ranting about the game.

Humans are humans, it can be frustrating when they are idiots.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need similiar PUG system to Battlegrounds. Maybe achievement score based? It won't be perfect, but it will be something!
    Call me elititist or whatever, but I don't want to tank for players who have 12-20k group DPS.
    Spare my time & nerves and potential toxic situations, quits & kicks for both sides.
    Btw yeah, I'm in the 5 big guilds and I play with friends too, but it's not solving a problem.

There are also three possible solutions:
    1. Achievement based queue.
    2. Additional queue for max CP players.
    3. Additional queue or lobby system, where leader can kick players and starts dungeon by himself (no timer).
    Edited by Commancho on November 1, 2019 10:47AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the grouptool for normal dungeons only. And there i run with a heavy armor pvp build as tank, never had any problems.
    To queue as dps on veteran the waiting time is way too long.
    Also people in the normal dungeons are more relaxed. They wait for each other, let the others know when they found a chest or heavy bag, and are more willing to give their loot if they dont need it.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on November 1, 2019 11:36AM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    I have been kicked from vMHK as tank for dying to crushing magic several times.

Note: Crushing magic is a boss skill, he traps you in a bubble and dps have 10 seconds to break it or the person inside dies.

I have been there mate :(
    Or when in vHRC you go to the side with the 2 gargoyles getting no support (heal or synergy) and some expected to live forever taunting them.
    Or when they expect magically to proc Alkosh without getting synergies
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats your cutoff points for each role to be considered potato?
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WQaLMPs.png

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.

😂😂😂
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats your cutoff points for each role to be considered potato?

Tank and healer: I am not sure, never thought about it, incapable tank and healer are seen less often, and they generally say ‘i suck, please kick me’ when they fail repeatedly.

Dps: anyone who is doing no where near 10k in normal, and anyone who is doing nowhere near 20k in vet.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on November 1, 2019 2:04PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

I’ve been kicked right as we begin fighting the last boss for who knows what reason.

Ohhhh, that one's likely revenge. Had to do it on an nAA run a long while back. Someone was being a brat and refusing to step on pads. Asked him nicely to join us, he eventually complied. Got to the mage and wouldn't attack. I waited until we had aggrod the mage, then dropped him.

Don't inconvenience the group. (The example person, not you. No idea what you did)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on November 1, 2019 2:17PM
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.

These are both wrong.
    It's wrong of DPS to expect the tank to carry them damage-wise.
    It's also wrong of someone putting in bare-minimum effort to expect everyone else in their group to put in more than bare-minimum effort too.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Tount once 15 seconds ?
    If the dungeon was vet you should be skilled enough to Ransack Light attack Bash every 1.something seconds + some Dots and buffs. If i see "Tank" in Vet dungeon doing nothing but tounting once 15 sec and just holding block like a mudcrab i would of consider kicking him too.

What class tank are you?

Where is your Major Fracture coming from Caltrops I guess? And Ele drain <If healer isn't casting?> Unless your a necro I guess and hope someone synergizes which in pugs isn't 100%. I have no idea why you would use Ransack in a Vet 4 man. The extra tankyness is hugely not needed.

Ransack is the way to go because i use Light fortified brass + shacklebreaker in order to be DPS capable as well.

Front bar SB, backbar Destro.

On target dummy 20 mil i can hit 35k dps just fine, in vet dungeons and trials where i have to block and do mechanics it is around 20k~ dps.
    This is on Khajit DK with crit mundus.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as we've edited some posts, to keep the thread on topic and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the record, i am the one sayi
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I have been kicked as a tank when one of the dps kept taunting with an ice staff. :D

i just want a que where only half decent players get to que, so i don't meet idiots expect tank to carry their 4 digit dps.

Queue for dlc vets only.

You think those idiots don't end up in vet dlc dungeons? That's hilarious.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad day when SWTOR has a less toxic community than ESO....
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know, some days are worse than others. Earlier this week I was chatting with a random in zone about grinding out a new toon (I'm doing a stamcro) and they send me 4 psijic ambrosia to help me out. I didn't ask for them and he/she didn't request anything in return. Just did it to be cool. I've done this for others, as well.

So, yeah, there are lots of d!ckbags in the game but I feel like there are way more decent people who play and just go about their business. Somewhat like real life.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »

I don't know, some days are worse than others. Earlier this week I was chatting with a random in zone about grinding out a new toon (I'm doing a stamcro) and they send me 4 psijic ambrosia to help me out. I didn't ask for them and he/she didn't request anything in return. Just did it to be cool. I've done this for others, as well.

So, yeah, there are lots of d!ckbags in the game but I feel like there are way more decent people who play and just go about their business. Somewhat like real life.

I shall now replace Douchenozzle with D!ckbag it is clearly the superior burn.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »

I shall now replace Douchenozzle with D!ckbag it is clearly the superior burn.

There's a place for both :)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »

These are both wrong.
    It's also wrong of someone putting in bare-minimum effort to expect everyone else in their group to put in more than bare-minimum effort too.

This

The goal is to finish the content, unless that's impossible due to already discussed factors of incompetence or toxicity. The equivalent of tank only poking the boss and nothing else for DPS would probably be like one aoe skill and light attack spamming. All of you can beat just about any normal dungeon this way. Why encourage that behavior though? Are you applying a different standard to yourself than you do to the group?

They shouldn't have asked you for more DPS - they should've asked you to perform your role to the same degree you expected of them. Spamming LA in between punctures might've solved this problem, but that's more than you could provide so they kicked you. OP Please don't tell us you can't solo a normal dungeon - So, what's the difference if you "solo" it with 3 other people? Put on a "clinic" as they say in the NBA...
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on November 1, 2019 6:20PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, the group - for whatever reason - simply isn't good enough to complete the content. On a very rare occasion, the group will recognize and acknowledge this and then disband without assigning blame. It sucks, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

It's rather magical when it happens - almost like a unicorn.
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.
  • Nutta
    Nutta
    ✭✭
    I have been kicked as a tank when one of the dps kept taunting with an ice staff. :D

i just want a que where only half decent players get to que, so i don't meet idiots expect tank to carry their 4 digit dps.

Queue for dlc vets only.

Very wrong, only about 70% of players que dlc vets are half decent or better. Every other run i get at least 1 potato.

Yeah, 70% looks similar to what I see. But is it bad? Sometimes one of the dps can carry for 2 and if not, lesser one is kicked or moved by himself.
    ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder, as we've edited some posts, to keep the thread on topic and constructive.

Shame you also don't remove the elitist messages from the people that contribute to the most toxic MMO experience in existence
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »

These are both wrong.

This

The goal is to finish the content, unless that's impossible due to already discussed factors of incompetence or toxicity. The equivalent of tank only poking the boss and nothing else for DPS would probably be like one aoe skill and light attack spamming. All of you can beat just about any normal dungeon this way. Why encourage that behavior though? Are you applying a different standard to yourself than you do to the group?

They shouldn't have asked you for more DPS - they should've asked you to perform your role to the same degree you expected of them. Spamming LA in between punctures might've solved this problem, but that's more than you could provide so they kicked you. OP Please don't tell us you can't solo a normal dungeon - So, what's the difference if you "solo" it with 3 other people? Put on a "clinic" as they say in the NBA...

I can, but i don't want to, i want to get the reward while watching nba highlights
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I’ve been “kicked” for being a dps who runs ahead and kills everything in a normal dungeon.

I’ve been kicked for a being a dps who wasn’t dps enough.

I’ve been kicked because I didn’t say hello when the group first formed.

I’ve been kicked right as we begin fighting the last boss for who knows what reason.

I cried every time.

You should be kicked for running ahead. The other players didn't join to be your cheerleaders they joined to participate.

Then they should start pulling their weight and actually participate, otherwise if they don't do the deeps, then they should stand back and let a professional do it.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.

So what you're saying is that because you've done some of the harder content in game, you're now entitled to do the bare minimum in other dungeon content yet expect more from the rest of your group?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nutta wrote: »

Queue for dlc vets only.

Very wrong, only about 70% of players que dlc vets are half decent or better. Every other run i get at least 1 potato.

Yeah, 70% looks similar to what I see. But is it bad? Sometimes one of the dps can carry for 2 and if not, lesser one is kicked or moved by himself.
    ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »

Shame you also don't remove the elitist messages from the people that contribute to the most toxic MMO experience in existence

Kicking well below average player who are nothing but dead weight is toxic?
    Entitled potatoes abuse the system and ruin other people's fun is not toxic?
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been “kicked” for being a dps who runs ahead and kills everything in a normal dungeon.

I cried every time.

You should be kicked for running ahead. The other players didn't join to be your cheerleaders they joined to participate.

Then they should start pulling their weight and actually participate, otherwise if they don't do the deeps, then they should stand back and let a professional do it.

Love that attitude, always enjoy free ride on my tank, nice and fast.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

So what you're saying is that because you've done some of the harder content in game, you're now entitled to do the bare minimum in other dungeon content yet expect more from the rest of your group?

I am entitled to do bare minimum in normal dungeon as a tank regardless of what i cleared.
    There are more than enough dps and nowhere near enough tanks.
    If anyone should be picky about teammate's performance, it should be the tank.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on November 1, 2019 7:35PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I cried every time.

Love that attitude, always enjoy free ride on my tank, nice and fast.

If you show up and a dude is pulling 14 trillion deeps, and he is not asking why everyone else is doing *** deeps...then let the dude do his thing. If he wants to pull the ENTIRE instance, eff it...let him do it...don't even bother him, follow him, kill what he pulls, and take your free carry with a smile.
This discussion has been closed.