The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah pretty much a typical PVEer. Will kick you because...why not?
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve been “kicked” for being a dps who runs ahead and kills everything in a normal dungeon.

I’ve been kicked for a being a dps who wasn’t dps enough.

I’ve been kicked because I didn’t say hello when the group first formed.

I’ve been kicked right as we begin fighting the last boss for who knows what reason.

I cried every time.

The last one is to open space for one of their buddies, who needed either the clear, helmet or XP.

There's a special place in hell for people who do that.
    Options
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Tount once 15 seconds ?
    If the dungeon was vet you should be skilled enough to Ransack Light attack Bash every 1.something seconds + some Dots and buffs. If i see "Tank" in Vet dungeon doing nothing but tounting once 15 sec and just holding block like a mudcrab i would of consider kicking him too.

Nice attitude. I guess you rather wait 30 min for another tank than just get the dungeon done. But you are probably too low dps that you need tank's 2-3k input lmao. This is exactly why not many ppl wanna tank pugs, entitled dps teaches how to tank. If you are so great then why dont you tank yourself instead waiting 30 min in queue as dps.

Nice attitude. Obviously because someone plays DPS means they can't be annoyed when the other roles aren't doing their job.

I'm not saying DPS players can't cause issues (And admittedly most of the issues caused are by DPS, simply because there are SO many more of them), but half the responses in this thread show the tanks and healers are no better when it comes to being toxic and expecting other people to carry them. Role is irrelevant.

Let's be real here, the problem isn't the dungeon finder. It's people. People are trash for the most part, and I can't imagine anyone playing an MMO doesn't know this. And to the OP, get over it. The playerbase is dying, and for the most part it's only the trolls that are left.
    Options
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ksariyu wrote: »
    Let's be real here, the problem isn't the dungeon finder. It's people. People are trash for the most part, and I can't imagine anyone playing an MMO doesn't know this. And to the OP, get over it. The playerbase is dying, and for the most part it's only the trolls that are left.

i want to see your support to this statement
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't make fries with those. Just saying.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely with you OP. I'm saying this as someone who is himself a potato DPS.

But that is why I switched to tank and now that I'm in a role I can actually make progress in...

Yeah.

I think a lot of ESO's group finder problems could be solved overnight if people just accepted that they play better as tank/healer.

I firmly believe most sub-par DPS players would perform quite well in tank/healer roles, if only they were willing to make the switch.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been “kicked” for being a dps who runs ahead and kills everything in a normal dungeon.

I’ve been kicked right as we begin fighting the last boss for who knows what reason.

I cried every time.

You should be kicked for running ahead. The other players didn't join to be your cheerleaders they joined to participate.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I cried every time.

You should be kicked for running ahead. The other players didn't join to be your cheerleaders they joined to participate.

PuG is the perfect environment for the chaos of 4 people 'Playing Their Way". If you want to play with like minded players, create your own group. If you join a PuG, you are at risk of someone not being like minded, and may do things in a way you dislike.

In Non-DLC Normal dungeons (and Some DLC ones) I will happily run ahead and slaughter everything. But! I wait at the bosses. That is my compromise. I won't take away a chance at Gear from the people, and If there is a quest, I stop at the check points and wait to see if anything is doing it. But I will burn through the trash because..well..it's trash. When I can kill Trash with nothing more than 2 quick AoEs, I'm not waiting.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF Group finder. No more GF for anyone. Solo FG1 every day instead. Problem solved.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this much. I was tank before this year. After doing DPS now my view has changed. I would expect 10-15k from tank.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question for all smart dps here.

Ok we all know that tank is supposed to hold aggro, keep the boss as still as possible, debuff bla bla etc. Also tank is supposed to be self sustaining and stay alive without a healer.
    Now alot of entitled dpslings here also expect tank to do fair amount dps (20k someone mentioned lmao). So the question is, why the f do I need you in the dungeon with me then? To act as my pet?
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?
    If the dungeon was vet you should be skilled enough to Ransack Light attack Bash every 1.something seconds + some Dots and buffs. If i see "Tank" in Vet dungeon doing nothing but tounting once 15 sec and just holding block like a mudcrab i would of consider kicking him too.

What class tank are you?

Where is your Major Fracture coming from Caltrops I guess? And Ele drain <If healer isn't casting?> Unless your a necro I guess and hope someone synergizes which in pugs isn't 100%. I have no idea why you would use Ransack in a Vet 4 man. The extra tankyness is hugely not needed.
    Edited by karekiz on October 31, 2019 7:22PM
    Options
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was tanking vet Spindleclutch 1 one day. First mob pull, the cp 500+ magsorc DD is kiting/fighting individual mobs around the room.. then starts complaining that I'm not taunting them off of him. I politely explained that all he needs to do is stand close to the group and spam AOE and it'll be gucci. He Lolled at me and said I have no idea how tanking works. Continued fighting mobs in this fashion for the entire dungeon. I'm guessing a WoW transplant? Anyway.. dude could not be reasoned with. Simply refused to believe that I was fulfilling my role properly, and talked trash the entire dungeon.. which took like an hour because his DPS rotation consisted of: hard cast frags > hard cast frags > hard cast frags > etc. I suggested changing up the rotation, so he got mad and refused to fight at all on the final boss. The other DD was like CP 120 noob (no business in vet but whatev) so DPS was basically non-existent. It's an easy enough dung so me and the healer just powered through, but it took forever just because this dude thinks he's already a pro.

Anyway.. people, amirite?
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

I cried every time.

PuG is the perfect environment for the chaos of 4 people 'Playing Their Way". If you want to play with like minded players, create your own group. If you join a PuG, you are at risk of someone not being like minded, and may do things in a way you dislike.

In Non-DLC Normal dungeons (and Some DLC ones) I will happily run ahead and slaughter everything. But! I wait at the bosses. That is my compromise. I won't take away a chance at Gear from the people, and If there is a quest, I stop at the check points and wait to see if anything is doing it. But I will burn through the trash because..well..it's trash. When I can kill Trash with nothing more than 2 quick AoEs, I'm not waiting.

That is essentially my argument. You want to play your way create your own group. You wanna run ahead form a group of people that want to chase you. If you sign up to be a part of a group be a part of that group. You happily running ahead is denying others their chance to enjoy the experience. Might be time for you to step up to vet content if you can't wait for players that are not able to simply AoE trash on the way by.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I have no idea why you would use Ransack in a Vet 4 man. The extra tankyness is hugely not needed.

PUGs.

Those "elite" builds you see on youtube or other websites that everybody treats like some kind of sacred doctrine don't take PUGs into account. They're built for well oiled groups (or at least semi-competent) that can take full advantage of the teamwork. PUGs are different. You'll often find yourself in groups where you do need extra tankyness. Sometimes a lot of extra tankyness. Sometimes even if you're not actually the tank.

(For the record, I don't use Ransack. Just saying I can understand why someone would.)
    Edited by Glurin on October 31, 2019 7:47PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Member when you could choose all three roles for yourself?

Member when you had to form a group out of zone chat bc the finder was so much worse than now?

non-human-local-creatures-member-berries.png
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    I have no idea why you would use Ransack in a Vet 4 man. The extra tankyness is hugely not needed.

PUGs.

Those "elite" builds you see on youtube or other websites that everybody treats like some kind of sacred doctrine don't take PUGs into account. They're built for well oiled groups (or at least semi-competent) that can take full advantage of the teamwork. PUGs are different. You'll often find yourself in groups where you do need extra tankyness. Sometimes a lot of extra tankyness. Sometimes even if you're not actually the tank.

(For the record, I don't use Ransack. Just saying I can understand why someone would.)

Ransack is totally useless and its extra tankyness is not needed, in my opinion. The Major Breach loss has big impact in group DPS, especially if both your DDs are magicka based while the benefit you get from Minor Protection is not worth mentioning. You can still mitigate that dmg very easily with shields like Sun Shield or Igneous Shield or Defensive Stance or whatever and still apply Major Breach/Fracture with Puncture. Selfish tanks create more problem in a group than benefiting it. And I speak as someone whose main role is a tank and secondary a DD. Cause in a tough situation, extra dmg mitigation wont save you if the DDs are in huge stress and the boss doesnt die.

My opinion has nothing to do with what "elitists" and "youtubers" pass a sacred doctrine. Totally agree that their builds dont work in PUGs most of the time but only in well organized groups with good healers and good DDs that can actually communicate and cooperate. Try doing Moon Hunter keep with an "elitist's" tank build in a PUG where the healer is pure crap and see how it goes :D
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on October 31, 2019 8:08PM
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Look at it this way, you don’t have to wait to requeue, and those trash dps won’t be getting a new tank any time soon

True, but already wasted 10+ minutes.

It's better than losing 2 hours to a group that can't be bothered to do mechanics and doesn't dps hard enough to skip mechanics.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was tanking fungal grotto normal with a a group finder group two days ago... one dps who came in as a healer (which we didn’t need but he still did it just to get in faster you can already see what kinda player he was and no not a smart one)... ran ahead of the whole group and beat the final boss before we could catch up with him cause the other two players were low cp ... so I wanted to make sure they weren’t dying ...

He beats final boss we didn’t get credit ... no gold plunder etc..

Bottom line people are jerks ... Wish more people who joined a groups would understand they aren’t the only one there
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I'll say this much. I was tank before this year. After doing DPS now my view has changed. I would expect 10-15k from tank.

All I really expect from a Tank, is to group things up in a tight pack, and keep them taunted.

DPS Should do enough damage to kill thing
    kathandira wrote: »

I cried every time.

That is essentially my argument. You want to play your way create your own group. You wanna run ahead form a group of people that want to chase you. If you sign up to be a part of a group be a part of that group. You happily running ahead is denying others their chance to enjoy the experience. Might be time for you to step up to vet content if you can't wait for players that are not able to simply AoE trash on the way by.

Thats what I meant about the chaos of “play your own way”. I want to play a certain way, but you also want to play a certain way. The two others may want to play their way. But in a PuG, it is basically “anything goes”. Out of 4 players, whos way should you play?

The answer most will choose is, their own way.

In a PuG you suck it up and go with the flow. Otherwise you can leave and create your own group.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was tanking fungal grotto normal with a a group finder group two days ago... one dps who came in as a healer (which we didn’t need but he still did it just to get in faster you can already see what kinda player he was and no not a smart one)... ran ahead of the whole group and beat the final boss before we could catch up with him cause the other two players were low cp ... so I wanted to make sure they weren’t dying ...

He beats final boss we didn’t get credit ... no gold plunder etc..

Bottom line people are jerks ... Wish more people who joined a groups would understand they aren’t the only one there

That is where I draw the line on running ahead. I wait for quests, and bosses.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I cleared vss hm and vcr hm on my actual pve tank with about 3k dps. So clearly tank doesn’t need that in easier content.
    Options
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    I think many of difficulties described arise because some players imagine themselves to be more proficient in their role or more knowledgeable than they actually are( I have been here, too, but am thankful of those who took the time to correct my misconceptions). I don't think it's simply a pride or even arrogance issue, some of these genuinely believe they are 'better'. I find random groups populated with such individuals to be particularly difficult because of this error in their judgement and no amount of 'everyone familiar with mechanics here or should we discuss this a bit?' will help as they almost never answer except with some derogatory remark or just jumping right in.

On the odd occasion I've been kicked from such groups for not 'healing' (while 95% healing + tanking + 60%+ dps; and I'm terrible at dps so totals are desperately low) or not 'tanking' (while consistently scraping their squishy remains from the floor of the last giant red aoe they shouldn't have stood in) I take it as a blessing.

I don't mean this as a slur to such players, it's simply personal observation and, in fairness, such groups are actually very rare.

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Member when you could choose all three roles for yourself?

Member when you had to form a group out of zone chat bc the finder was so much worse than now?

Or from guild, But yes,

It was a dumb and pointless idea Zos had to restrict us to only one role we could queue for since many of us can perform multiple roles properly on the same character.

And I do remember how pitiful the GF was at launched. The first two people that queued for the same dungeon that could be put together were put together. Often it was two dps. It was like a failed intern project and I took that as a sign of the amazing leadership Matt Firor brought to Zos and ESO.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    This kind ofsituation IS annoying, but you were a bit rude and, honestly, as a healer, if the group DPS is too low I usually switch out a skill or two and contribute as much as I can to the DPS while still doing my original job. Pick up gorups are about adapting to (usually) less-than-optimal situations. If you want a problem free run, ask guild mates to group with you.

Oh no, i was not rude, they were saying something like 'tank go attack, don't just stand there'.
    I was watching nba highlight and poking the boss once every 15 second.
    They complained about me not doing nuf dmg first.

I was supportive until I read this. Were you doing anything beyond taunting? Debuffing the boss? Buffing their damage/sustain or healing them? Putting out some damage? It sounds like you attention wasn't really on the dungeon and you were doing the minimum.

But that said the people you were grouped with sound like idiots. Damage is pretty far down the list of things I look for from a tank.

It’s random normal. Why should i need to do anything other than taunt the boss? Ofc i was just doing the minimum. I was watching nbalights on my phone. They were doing 4 digit dps, if anything they were doing less than the minimum.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

PUGs.

I agree. If someone can tank properly with the build they're usimg, than it's a non issue. By Tank properly, I mean taunt, hold boss when possible, chain or taunt problem adds and prefferably root or snare them, and debuff untauntable or hard hitters with maim if possible as well.

It's usually easier to run a premade through content until you have it down. With that said, I personally don't kick if they're trying. I only kick if they start insulting people. If everyone is trying but the clear won't happen, I politely leave. We were all new once. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and if it works, it works.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

Nice attitude. I guess you rather wait 30 min for another tank than just get the dungeon done. But you are probably too low dps that you need tank's 2-3k input lmao. This is exactly why not many ppl wanna tank pugs, entitled dps teaches how to tank. If you are so great then why dont you tank yourself instead waiting 30 min in queue as dps.

I can do 20k dps on my Tank just fine in most Craglorn VET trials, so git gut mate and l2p.
    And my main chars are Tanks, who can outdps most of the pug dpses, so there is that :)

I am sure crag vets is something to brag about XD.
    I have cleared all the dlc hm vet. So I don’t think I need to l2p how to tank basic dungeons.

I would suggest that you do need to learn some basic manners.

You’ve definitely spent more time being really, really angry about a one time dungeon experience, which basically boils down to “they were rude to you and you were rude right back”.

Aside from venting your rage, I’m not sure what you want this thread to accomplish.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

I can do 20k dps on my Tank just fine in most Craglorn VET trials, so git gut mate and l2p.
    And my main chars are Tanks, who can outdps most of the pug dpses, so there is that :)

I am sure crag vets is something to brag about XD.
    I have cleared all the dlc hm vet. So I don’t think I need to l2p how to tank basic dungeons.

I would suggest that you do need to learn some basic manners.

You’ve definitely spent more time being really, really angry about a one time dungeon experience, which basically boils down to “they were rude to you and you were rude right back”.

Aside from venting your rage, I’m not sure what you want this thread to accomplish.

My goal is to split up the que so i don't have to play with these potatoes. i rather play with the 'elitist' which i almost never have problem with.
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I cleared vss hm and vcr hm on my actual pve tank with about 3k dps. So clearly tank doesn’t need that in easier content.

Never said it was needed. Just my expectations having played both roles.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games too far gone. Core game designs that cannot be fixed are really to blame.

Some non dlc vet dungeons are laughably easy as compared to some dlc dungeons that really require coordination. Cant blame the new players for just wanting to group up and play and lets be real normal dungeon mode is a complete joke to the point that it is not even fun to play.

I think eso is an amazing game but it really falls apart when it comes to end game and replayability. Eso is the best MMO out there now but that doesnt mean its not riddled with poor game design choices that stifles balance, replayability, pvp, and other end game activities.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.