The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

ForzaRammer
ForzaRammer
✭✭✭✭✭
WQaLMPs.png

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been kicked as a tank when one of the dps kept taunting with an ice staff. :D
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the record, i am the one sayi
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I have been kicked as a tank when one of the dps kept taunting with an ice staff. :D

i just want a que where only half decent players get to que, so i don't meet idiots expect tank to carry their 4 digit dps.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i just want a que where only half decent players get to que, so i don't meet idiots expect tank to carry their 4 digit dps.

Queue for dlc vets only.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queue for dlc vets only.

Very wrong, only about 70% of players que dlc vets are half decent or better. Every other run i get at least 1 potato.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queue for dlc vets only.

Very wrong, only about 70% of players que dlc vets are half decent or better. Every other run i get at least 1 potato.

Yeah, 70% looks similar to what I see. But is it bad? Sometimes one of the dps can carry for 2 and if not, lesser one is kicked or moved by himself.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been “kicked” for being a dps who runs ahead and kills everything in a normal dungeon.

I’ve been kicked for a being a dps who wasn’t dps enough.

I’ve been kicked because I didn’t say hello when the group first formed.

I’ve been kicked right as we begin fighting the last boss for who knows what reason.

I cried every time.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 30, 2019 10:27PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way, you don’t have to wait to requeue, and those trash dps won’t be getting a new tank any time soon
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a group the other day. Banished Cells 2 on vet. When my random popped it was a healer and dps on the end fight. I tried as hard as I could, but my dps wasn't good enough to kill the boss before the tank was overwhelmed with 8+ daedroths. I was pulling 30k - 35k which I thought was respectable for that fight. The other dps? 3k max. He was using Bandit UI with damage so I could see the exact number. It just wasn't going to happen.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treat groupfinder as a service that attracts and captures the most potato'ey types. Let them wait in their hour long queues.

Get a group from guild or even just zone. That's your queue with half-decent players.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They did you a favor. Saved you the frustration of herding cats.

You can que back in in less than 5 mins as tank, only bad thing is if you get them again lol.

You won this round imo. Know when to cut bait and save your patience.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been kicked from vMHK as tank for dying to crushing magic several times.

Note: Crushing magic is a boss skill, he traps you in a bubble and dps have 10 seconds to break it or the person inside dies.
    Edited by Drako_Ei on October 30, 2019 10:34PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gl to them finding another tank :wink:
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always remove myself with what little dignity I have if I pop a random DLC
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Look at it this way, you don’t have to wait to requeue, and those trash dps won’t be getting a new tank any time soon

True, but already wasted 10+ minutes.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »

Note: Crushing magic is a boss skill, he traps you in a bubble and dps have 10 seconds to break it or the person inside dies.

I blame the healer.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also up on the list of “DPS brainlets blame tank for dying” dungeons: FG2, CoH2, and CoS
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Treat groupfinder as a service that attracts and captures the most potato'ey types. Let them wait in their hour long queues.

Get a group from guild or even just zone. That's your queue with half-decent players.

My point exactly, dungeon finder need a 2 tier que. Just set boundary as 'account with vma clear' or something.
    That is not far from median.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queue for dlc vets only.

Yeah, 70% looks similar to what I see. But is it bad? Sometimes one of the dps can carry for 2 and if not, lesser one is kicked or moved by himself.

Very hard to carry, and you get super l33t dps a lot less often than potatoes.

Edit, ps, if you get 2 potatoes they kick block for each other.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on October 30, 2019 10:46PM
  • Peekop
    Peekop
    Soul Shriven
    Well going with randoms is always a surprise. I just did Blackheart with a 700cp tank not taking the agro on the bosses. When I asked him to do his job he told me he didn't want to die just to please me :D Tanking with my healer was quite fun tho :p
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

I blame the healer.

I mean, who else you gonna blame?
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.

Dungeon finder has no quality because trash tier damage dealer are babied instead of kicked.
    Now they are so entitled they demand tank to carry them.
    You give them a hand they take the whole arm.
    If part of the community want to baby them more, why not just split up the ques.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those issues, only remedy is to go and play WoW, classic or the premium as a "calibrating" game.

Once you return here after feeling calibration :D, you will think that you are on Good Manners Convention.

I'm serious, this is really not such a toxic game really so chill, there are some frustrated people, probably unhappy with their real life, so just ignore and roll again.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a group the other day. Banished Cells 2 on vet. When my random popped it was a healer and dps on the end fight. I tried as hard as I could, but my dps wasn't good enough to kill the boss before the tank was overwhelmed with 8+ daedroths. I was pulling 30k - 35k which I thought was respectable for that fight. The other dps? 3k max. He was using Bandit UI with damage so I could see the exact number. It just wasn't going to happen.

35K group DPS is more than enough for that fight. You probably missed some mechanics such as killing the bubbles that heal the boss.
    That's the problem with DPS-obsessed players : they don't know mechanics.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

35K group DPS is more than enough for that fight. You probably missed some mechanics such as killing the bubbles that heal the boss.
    That's the problem with DPS-obsessed players : they don't know mechanics.

I am fully aware of the mechanics in there, but thanks for the lesson. I thought 35k would be more than enough as well, but with the group that was attempting it, it was not. I was consistently pulling 85% - 90% of the group dps. If I got raised while a bubble was coming, there was nothing the group could do to stop it. While the other dps was busy pulling 3k, the healer was busy healing (and pulling about 5k dps himself). The tank was on daedroth duty as soon as the first one spawned. Had the tank and healer been able to keep those daedroths busy, I could have handled the boss myself. We also had a communication issue where 2 of the group spoke only spanish and 2 of the group didn't speak spanish at all. It's hard to coordinate tactics without communication so it was impossible to say "you 3 stay on daedroths. I'll kill boss" which would have worked fine.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop doing dungeons solved it for me
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    As one of the best tanks you will ever meet for Playstation 4:

I understand your perspectives. ALL of YOU.

Allow me to simplify a complex concept:

"We can not control the intent, or the behaviour, that players have when they go into public dungeons and other public game modes."

This is a problem. It's one of the 3 hidden, sleeping dragons in ESO.

But they are waking up and making you quit the game, alongside many, many others too. That's a statistic though; a fact.

We need a way to control this or to end it. There are Guilds that deliberately go out of their way to ruin our games by acting out as many people have mentioned above.

Or join the piling mass and just quit ESO. They won't fix or even approach the real problems and now it is backfiring HARD.

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got kicked for literally no reason the other night... queued into a random (DPS, CP 810), got Arx with a DPS and tank who were around level 40, and the healer was around CP 200. I got into the dungeon… DID not start moving or run ahead or even say anything, was in the dungeon for a total of 5 seconds. What happened after that was completely bizarre:

Player 1: lol

Player 2: hmmm

[your group members have voted to kick you]

I messaged one of them to see if they’d explain what happened (maybe I did something wrong???) and got

Player: We wanted you to have a better group to run with 

Me: Uhhh ok, just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something

Player: Just kidding, our group was fine; we’re all max CP

????????????????????? Just being jerks for the sake of being jerks, I guess. I got to sit in the DPS queue again thanks to them…
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    For those issues, only remedy is to go and play WoW, classic or the premium as a "calibrating" game.

Once you return here after feeling calibration :D, you will think that you are on Good Manners Convention.

I'm serious, this is really not such a toxic game really so chill, there are some frustrated people, probably unhappy with their real life, so just ignore and roll again.

I have a 2 gym friends talk about wow in gym all the time.
    From what i heard, one of them is a dps main, mediocre.
    The other one is some healer main supposedly cleared newest mythic raid.
    They tell me in pug the ppl who don't fulfill their responsibility are flamed and kicked.
    However, the ppl who do a decent job are generally fine in pugs.
    I don't know what they define as decent job, but they never told me tank need to dps.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 3% of the damage in my groups and if I get a dlc dungeon- then I quit before it starts. DLC dungeons are the worst. People never listen.
This discussion has been closed.