The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Aerenel wrote: »
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.

Wait a moment here. If you have tanked vCR +3 and vSS HM, why are you even concerned about a random about some punks in a random GF group.

This tells me there is more to the story, that there was more to the group chat that is not included in that SS. Seriously, what tank that clears the toughest content in the game cares about the damage a GF group is doing when they can some top dps to group with.

Something here does not pass the smell test.

What i did not include in the ss, is their text about me should not just stand there, that’s all.

Edit: And you are very wrong about tanks who done end game not care about group dps, no one wants to waste a crap ton of time in an easy dungeon.

It is obvious from the SS that the conversation did not start with what you provided. There is a comment that is truncated and the first one that can be read is obviously replying to a question or comment.

Pretty sure you said something at some point of they would not be calling you an idiot while kicking you out the door. You clearly cherry picked what you would present to us because you got worked up that they did not pay you the respect you think you deserve.

Further, what I was alluding to is if you really such an experienced tank as you claim you have access to skilled players to run with to it is fairly petty to complain about what you experienced with this GF group.

Pretty much your professions do not pass the smell test and I am joining the chorus that is calling you out on this. You profess so much over such a petty experienced given what you claim to be your experience that something here smells very fishy.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    If you called them "potatoes", that may be why they kicked you.

Most people don't enjoy being compared to root vegetables.

Now I'm thinking of naming my next character Sa
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    I once sat through 10+ minutes of watching a tank solo veteran tempest island when the rest of us wiped (I was on healz; my fault, yes yes). Pretty sure his dps was around 3-4k but it didn't matter - he carried us and we all finished the content. Nobody was upset about it (even the tank), we were all having a good time.

FWIW, the tank was running a Warden with lots of tree spamming.

I dont have a problem doing that as a tank. Has happened to me many times. What I cant stand is when you tell a less experienced player that doesnt know the mechanics, what to do and he ignores you. A 160cp level DD was in my vWGT group and he either ignored the Atronach spawned by Molag Kena or died in the aoe or was attacking Kena when she was in her barrier. When I told him that he should listen to what I was telling him to do, he called me toxic trash and left group.

I like helping less experienced people in game but only when they want to cooperate.

I don't think I've ever seen people get badly offended at a kill-order discussion. Maybe the response is a version of "Nuke everything. LOL." But that's as bad as it's gotten.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just might be onto something here. I have said there is more to that conversation than the SS provides and that OP probably said something to get them worked up.

Considering OP has said he was more important than the rest of the group things are beginning to add up.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    been kicked as a healer when tank faced the boss at the dps and dps stood in AOEs, yup totally healer's fault that I can't cure stupid :)

I just started to heal in dungeons and it is totally different point of view from healers' eyes :D
    Now I understand you guys better
    Luckily only 1 guy get one-shotted during my watch but it is crazy how dd s insist on staying in red! :open_mouth:
    If it is red, it is bad heheh
    It is a waste of resources, i could keep healing but i guess I could use them for damaging the boss instead...
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    been kicked as a healer when tank faced the boss at the dps and dps stood in AOEs, yup totally healer's fault that I can't cure stupid :)

I just started to heal in dungeons and it is totally different point of view from healers' eyes :D
    Luckily only 1 guy get one-shotted during my watch but it is crazy how dd s insist on staying in red! :open_mouth:
    It is a waste of resources, i could keep healing but i guess I could use them for damaging the boss instead...

Didnt you know? Red boss aoe and abilities actually increases DPS damage by 0.03% every 0.5 seconds. So of course DOS is attracted to the red spots. They gotta keep them godly l33t numbers while not looking like an unscrubbed potato following mechanics like some tool.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Cirantille wrote: »

Didnt you know? Red boss aoe and abilities actually increases DPS damage by 0.03% every 0.5 seconds. So of course DOS is attracted to the red spots. They gotta keep them godly l33t numbers while not looking like an unscrubbed potato following mechanics like some tool.

We need a lol reaction! :D
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was tanking fungal grotto normal with a a group finder group two days ago... one dps who came in as a healer (which we didn’t need but he still did it just to get in faster you can already see what kinda player he was and no not a smart one)... ran ahead of the whole group and beat the final boss before we could catch up with him cause the other two players were low cp ... so I wanted to make sure they weren’t dying ...

He beats final boss we didn’t get credit ... no gold plunder etc..

Bottom line people are jerks ... Wish more people who joined a groups would understand they aren’t the only one there

I’ve done this a few times. Sorry, but I have a baby and *** to do. I don’t have time to spend 55 minutes in FG1 while 2 people stand around looking at maps or auto running into walls. Gotta get them pledges done when I have time.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just might be onto something here. I have said there is more to that conversation than the SS provides and that OP probably said something to get them worked up.

Considering OP has said he was more important than the rest of the group things are beginning to add up.

It’s in the screen shot already. I said ‘if you think group is too slow me too, nothing i can do about it, maybe you should ask dps to step it up.’

This is about as nice as i can put it. Potatoes don’t like ppl call them out no matter how nice they say it.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.

Wait a moment here. If you have tanked vCR +3 and vSS HM, why are you even concerned about a random about some punks in a random GF group.

This tells me there is more to the story, that there was more to the group chat that is not included in that SS. Seriously, what tank that clears the toughest content in the game cares about the damage a GF group is doing when they can some top dps to group with.

What i did not include in the ss, is their text about me should not just stand there, that’s all.

Edit: And you are very wrong about tanks who done end game not care about group dps, no one wants to waste a crap ton of time in an easy dungeon.

It is obvious from the SS that the conversation did not start with what you provided. There is a comment that is truncated and the first one that can be read is obviously replying to a question or comment.

Pretty sure you said something at some point of they would not be calling you an idiot while kicking you out the door. You clearly cherry picked what you would present to us because you got worked up that they did not pay you the respect you think you deserve.

Further, what I was alluding to is if you really such an experienced tank as you claim you have access to skilled players to run with to it is fairly petty to complain about what you experienced with this GF group.

Pretty much your professions do not pass the smell test and I am joining the chorus that is calling you out on this. You profess so much over such a petty experienced given what you claim to be your experience that something here smells very fishy.

You want me link screen shot of my clears or something? I don’t think you cleared any of these hard content, because the generalization you made about end game tank is pretty outrageous.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    I’ve done this a few times. Sorry, but I have a baby and *** to do. I don’t have time to spend 55 minutes in FG1 while 2 people stand around looking at maps or auto running into walls. Gotta get them pledges done when I have time.

Then do it by yourself, if you're that busy. You just screw up other peoples runs. Jerk move.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In this case I was rusty on the mechanic and the dps were low-CP so this was their first vet run. The last boss randomly targets a player and only the tank can survive without blocking. I missed my block and as soon as I went down the two dps immediately fell. He couldn't get the rez because of the blowing winds kept interrupting him. So he just took the initiative and spammed puncture until the boss went down. Honestly, it was the first time I saw a tank burn down a boss. The usual procedure is to declare a wipe followed by all the rage-quits.

It's not really a burn when that happens, more like slow-cooking. :D
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You want me link screen shot of my clears or something? I don’t think you cleared any of these hard content, because the generalization you made about end game tank is pretty outrageous.

Please do.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s in the screen shot already. I said ‘if you think group is too slow me too, nothing i can do about it, maybe you should ask dps to step it up.’

This is about as nice as i can put it. Potatoes don’t like ppl call them out no matter how nice they say it.

It is clear there was conversation before then. It also stands to reason they would not call you an idiot, or even kick you from the group, merely because someone else said the group was moving to slow and you agreed with them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not doubting you cleared those trials in HM. I am doubting your side of the story and think you were rude to those players.

Again, it does not make sense that you run with solid players clear the toughest content that you would care this much about how they treated you after however you treated them.

In other words, I am calling you out for your side of the story with that group. It is nonsense that a skilled tank would get as worked up over a random GF group as you are when you have access to such skilled players. Balderdash I say.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    In this case I was rusty on the mechanic and the dps were low-CP so this was their first vet run. The last boss randomly targets a player and only the tank can survive without blocking. I missed my block and as soon as I went down the two dps immediately fell. He couldn't get the rez because of the blowing winds kept interrupting him. So he just took the initiative and spammed puncture until the boss went down. Honestly, it was the first time I saw a tank burn down a boss. The usual procedure is to declare a wipe followed by all the rage-quits.

It's not really a burn when that happens, more like slow-cooking. :D

Lol, true. But, whatever it takes. I just want the keys and the helm :smile:
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 pages cos an end game tank got impatient with cruddy pug DPS? Lol
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You see it for what it really is.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But neither of you give this thread all the credit it is due.

The OP, in all his glory, no matter how hard he tries to shame the others, got kicked to the kerb by 3 'potatoes' like last week's trash for Council pickup.

#anytankbutyou
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But neither of you give this thread all the credit it is due.

The OP, in all his glory, no matter how hard he tries to shame the others, got kicked to the kerb by 3 'potatoes' like last week's trash for Council pickup.

#anytankbutyou

Very true. It is why I say there was something OP said before the SS the provided. Their story does not add up and I have called them out on that. Has to be embarrassing.

#anytankbutyou
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to take wagers on when this thread will be closed? The winner gets free potions for a week. I'm shooting for 11/7/2019 at 4:40 Pm PST.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not doubting you cleared those trials in HM. I am doubting your side of the story and think you were rude to those players.

Again, it does not make sense that you run with solid players clear the toughest content that you would care this much about how they treated you after however you treated them.

In other words, I am calling you out for your side of the story with that group. It is nonsense that a skilled tank would get as worked up over a random GF group as you are when you have access to such skilled players. Balderdash I say.

They were giving outrageous requests first. Why should i be nice? They kicked me for calling them out
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to take wagers on when this thread will be closed? The winner gets free potions for a week. I'm shooting for 11/7/2019 at 4:40 Pm PST.

Nuh, there is 0 offensive language.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Please do.

Do you have a discord? I rather dm u in discord. My request is after I do so u need to my witness when I summon you on forum.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noobs have a funny way of thinking 😂😭😂😂😂
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Potatoes dont know they are potatoes, and often blame others of being potatoes while they themselves believe that they are elegant flowers potted high above the other roots, thinking petals are near their heads are just the eyes stuck deep in the dirt watching them get infested with worms.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pr97vvh3VAM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please do.

Do you have a discord? I rather dm u in discord. My request is after I do so u need to my witness when I summon you on forum.

Just post them here for all to see.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

Wtf, potatoes will just steal the ss and post it as it’s their own. I am not doing that, unless you one of those who just want to steal the ss.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    PUGS via GF are a straight out gamble - both on the players and their abilities.

You have to expect to lose sometimes one way or the other. It’s inevitable.

I’ve used GF to run many dungeons - I occasionally like to pop a random vet just to see what happens - knowing full well that absolutely anything is possible.

I’ve had some insane groups - as in vet hm Blooodroot forge one shotting and some terrible ones too - mostly they are somewhere in between and we just get the job done.

To me, the bad ones - however they are bad - just get written off as bad luck.

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please do.

Wtf, potatoes will just steal the ss and post it as it’s their own. I am not doing that, unless you one of those who just want to steal the ss.

What do you mean steal the ss? How were you going to post it? Your username and character would be visible in the pic shouldn’t it? It would be a lot of effort to convincingly photoshop they’re character and username over it and I doubt anyone would be that desperate to go to the trouble, and even if they do, they’ll get found out quick smart.

No I don’t want to steal your *** LOL, I don’t need too. I just want to see if your talking bollocks or not.

By the way, you never answered my question from a page or so ago:

heaven13 wrote: »

So what you're saying is that because you've done some of the harder content in game, you're now entitled to do the bare minimum in other dungeon content yet expect more from the rest of your group?

I am entitled to do bare minimum in normal dungeon as a tank regardless of what i cleared.
    There are more than enough dps and nowhere near enough tanks.
    If anyone should be picky about teammate's performance, it should be the tank.

Why?

If your only going to do the bare minimum, why would you expect, or think your entitled to more from anyone else?

Edited by MattT1988 on November 6, 2019 8:01AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

When you keep calling people potatoes, keep demonstrating an attitude that you are looking down on players, you merely cement our opinion that you went full elitist on those players. That more was said that they had low dps.

BTW, we really do not care if you cleared vCR+3 and more as a tank. The point was that if you are that good of a tank and run with such good players it seems rather petty to complain about this GF group. More that seem, it is.
This discussion has been closed.