The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

R.I.P. PC EU

• RaggaBomb
    RaggaBomb
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno its time to start ur freaking investigation
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem: getting an error message when trying to log in on PC EU, I was also unable to access the forums for a while as well...

NkJIM0B.png
  • agen.fi
    agen.fi
    ✭✭✭
    Well pvp-server lost all stats and laggy (no surprise there), but those endless loading screens yet again.
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ingame mailbox does not show any mails...
  • SteveS
    SteveS
    Has ZOS ever given an explanation as to WHY EU has so many more problems than NA? I mean I'm fine having to wait I can go do something else, but was just curious.

Have they conceeded that it's inferior EU server hardware or is there some other reason?

There is an explanation: on NA people log in at different times due to different time zones, and on the EU at the same time.

And probably we have more players as also Asia and Australia and Africa is playing here.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got booted.
    Wasn't able to login for 15 due to "account already logged in"
    Managed to login to character select
    Selected character, long load screen
    Login timeout
    Can't login due to "account already logged in"

Urgh. ZOS, I'm a network and server engineer. Hire me and I'll fix it all for you.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    guild traders not working... long loading screens ... the server is dead... don't worry
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have said that the EU server has a more concentrated "rush hour" period because the population is spread across fewer time zones, whereas the NA server has its most busy hours over a longer period each day. The explanation seems plausible, but it's sad that they are unable to do anything about it.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we are seeing these reports and looking into it.
    Staff Post
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going in Serpent Hollow Cavve fr Cyro buff, got stuck in Loading screen. After 5 min, crashed game and then for 10 min ( This account is Already Logged In) and when finally went in, same thing again...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restarting pc. No, dear launcher, I am not logged in - cause I haven’t been able to log in since who know which daedra kicked me the last time.

I’m not starting over on pc na. I have 6 years of scraps of papers, skyshards, point of interest, some very weird friends, maps, books, recipes, quests discovered...

@ZOS_GinaBruno - someone out there? I’m about to start rage crying
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    SteveS wrote: »
    Has ZOS ever given an explanation as to WHY EU has so many more problems than NA? I mean I'm fine having to wait I can go do something else, but was just curious.

Have they conceeded that it's inferior EU server hardware or is there some other reason?

There is an explanation: on NA people log in at different times due to different time zones, and on the EU at the same time.

And probably we have more players as also Asia and Australia and Africa is playing here.

different time zones
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheTwistedRune,
    The only info I have seen is that PC/EU actually has a higher player base than NA. My guess is that some software and network issues get exponentially worse based on a higher number of players, so that regardless of how much hardware you put in, it will never keep up.

The other main reason for EU problems is simply the time zone difference - EU hits peak playing hours 6 hours before PC/NA, so any common issues show up on EU first. (ZoS does sometimes figure out how to address or fix the issue of the moment before it affects NA too).
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno. PC EU Help us GIna one Kenobi. You're our only hope.
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh. ZOS, I'm a network and server engineer. Hire me and I'll fix it all for you.

Yes! I can help.
    Edited by Golnebo on January 29, 2020 7:10PM
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh I see. Have they made the player numbers public? As in peak times for both? What larger percentage are we talking about when comparing EU to NA?

• rob_ber
    rob_ber
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we are seeing these reports and looking into it.

We need "The Red Banner", it is a custom!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been here for too long
    PC EU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working on it
    Edited by FakeZavos on January 29, 2020 7:14PM
    Why do I even try
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to play in 50 hours
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭
    NagyPako wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno pls halp!!! Raid is off this way.

did you try to put it off and on again ?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay logged out while I log in and don't have to wait on the Cyro queue
  • SteveS
    SteveS
    SteveS wrote: »

different time zones

Doesn't really matter, bc friends play together. I also have friends from the 3 other region, they are usually online when Europeans are. At least in my guilds.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to login, but i appear offline in guilds. Am I dreaming this?
  • Engzy
    Engzy
    Soul Shriven
    Can these errors not happen in the morning or something instead of primetime xD
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Show your colors with the PC EU Standard-Bearer emote! This new emote is earned by collecting 10 PC EU Standard-Bearer’s Login Errors, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Once you have 10, you can combine them with a PC EU Standard-Bearer’s Valid Internet Connection (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance. Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!

/standardPCEU emote
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got in but guild chat is dead
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I went from Vivec to Davon's Watch to buy something from the Impresario:

32s1te.png
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Engzy wrote: »
    Can these errors not happen in the morning or something instead of primetime xD

Its because many people log in at these peak hours. And the weak server cant handle the demand. :p
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on January 29, 2020 7:16PM
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom -
    Grouping tool not working in Cyrodiil - got kicked now endless loading screen (5 mins and counting)
This discussion has been closed.