Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Account has gone

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kwando wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this sounds really fishy first, a double payment does never get seen as fraud by your bank if ZOS send a bill twice it's up to you to fix that with the bank and ZOS your bank will never just start screwing around with your money. Second if you recharged your money for something you paid for, then it's in ZOS right to ban you because it's scamming. No let's say something went wrong and ZOS charged you twice and you filed a notice at your bank and your bank charged the money back 2x you should've contacted ZOS and your bank to solve this. The best way to solve this now is make a new account file a support ticket and ask ZOS if you can pay that money back.

I think it's possible.

Our (UK) bank is really paranoid about fraud.

Payments over a certain amount don't go through most of the time and even the ones that seem to have gone through can then get reversed by them.

They question everything, call you to check if you made the payment using the company name (not the website name, so half the time you don't even know, without checking) and say they will cancel the payment, if you can't immediately confirm that you made the order with that specific company name.

I get that they are worried and want you to take responsibility for any potential fraud (rather than them), but it's got to the point where it's often not worth bothering and you just give up buying anything non-essential (and non-cheap) online.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this sounds really fishy first, a double payment does never get seen as fraud by your bank if ZOS send a bill twice it's up to you to fix that with the bank and ZOS your bank will never just start screwing around with your money. Second if you recharged your money for something you paid for, then it's in ZOS right to ban you because it's scamming. No let's say something went wrong and ZOS charged you twice and you filed a notice at your bank and your bank charged the money back 2x you should've contacted ZOS and your bank to solve this. The best way to solve this now is make a new account file a support ticket and ask ZOS if you can pay that money back.

I think it's possible.

Payments over a certain amount don't go through most of the time and even the ones that seem to have gone through can then get reversed by them.

They question everything, call you to check if you made the payment using the company name (not the website name, so half the time you don't even know, without checking) and say they will cancel the payment, if you can't immediately confirm that you made the order with that specific company name.

I get that they are worried and want you to take responsibility for any potential fraud (rather than them), but it's got to the point where it's often not worth bothering and you just give up buying anything non-essential (and non-cheap) online.

Still. If the purchase was refunded it was OPs responsibility to alert zos. Instead of keeping quiet thinking they would not notice
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be able to be worked out in your favor next week.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »

I think it's possible.

Still. If the purchase was refunded it was OPs responsibility to alert zos. Instead of keeping quiet thinking they would not notice

Well, yeah, true.

Assuming he knew it happened at the time and hasn't just discovered it, now.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it's possible.

I had mine refuse payment for take-away food was ordering over the phone away from home area. Had me panic at first & call them but was told ‘was for my protection’ but pointed out to them that it was very inconvenient and the late text that came through asking for confirmation and to try again after 20 mins was not helpful.

Gone from being too lax to being ridiculous.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alienoutlaw

Please check your inbox for an update on the current support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why ZoS deals with issues in private. It stops every forum user from thinking they're legal or banking whiz kids just because something sounds good in their head. Or people spouting complete garbage. I mean "This sounds really fishy ..." post on the previous page is something very special. Not only a banking whizkid, but a sleuth to boot too.
  • LizziAS
    LizziAS
    ✭✭✭

clearly you have no understanding of how fraud protection in the us works.
    -Signature Removed-

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i appreciate all the support from everyone here, but i will reiterate that this was not theft nor was it a scam, this was a banking error that i am now seeking to rectify, it is a mixture of the ZOS billing system and an over zealous bank, as i understand the situation from speaking to the bank today, the purchase i made showed as leaving my account (as it should) so i assume monies have been received by ZOS for crowns as money has left account (i cant by anything without out the correct funds in account or it will be declined) sometime later aprox 10days a payment left my account for ZOS the confusion is the iniatial transaction though it appeared to leave my account actually didnt but was taken at a later date hence the "double payment" the bank said i paid on the day showed the money as paid (not in my account) i did not buy crowns then decide to chargeback and get them for free, i have bought crowns since and renewed my ESO+ all without issue, i have NEVER had a problem with ZOS before nor do i consider their online purchase system to be unsafe, the bank has reversed the dispute i just need to wait for ZOS to contact me so i can pay any outstanding monies owed and sort this mess out.

again thank you for the support, and for those that have been less than supportive i understand your view point but hope you never have the same experience
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Alienoutlaw

Please check your inbox for an update on the current support ticket.

thankyou :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get it all worked out satisfactorily, and in plenty of time to enjoy the Witches Festival.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, good luck. You have a lot more patience than I would have. After the initial WTF, I would have probably just walked away from the account.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, good luck. You have a lot more patience than I would have. After the initial WTF, I would have probably just walked away from the account.

just had to resign myself to the fact it was the weekend, probably my fault and ZOS will rectify, screaming and shouting never solves anything best thing is to let it take its course..........that being said i'll be on the phone in 2hrs as soon as CS is open in the US lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just had to resign myself to the fact it was the weekend, probably my fault and ZOS will rectify, screaming and shouting never solves anything best thing is to let it take its course..........that being said i'll be on the phone in 2hrs as soon as CS is open in the US lol

I did not know that Bethesda/ZOS offered phone support for ESO. I thought everything had to be routed through the ticketing system, which, by reports in here, seems to be based on the principle of, "maybe if we ignore them, they will go away." Hence, my thought that I would simply go away. It has been years since I had to deal with ESO customer support directly, and my perception is that it has not improved since then. Let us know how it goes. I will continue to watch and wish you good luck.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so just as an update i have called EVERY number listed in the TOS plus about 8 others for support and ALL of them are out of service i had to call ZOS in Maryland (lady on phone was very nice and helpfull BTW) and get put through to a mailbox its been over 48hrs now with ZERO contact from ZOS at all so i again plead that somebody contact me so i can get this mess sorted @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP (sorry for the tag but i really want to get things sorted out)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    call back from a guy at the Maryland office VERY helpful nothing he could do but put my mind at ease so i am thankful for that, just have to wait
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hope it goes well for you. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moved to Customer Support thread
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on October 23, 2019 9:09AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alienoutlaw

Our support team has not forgotten about your ticket and will contact you soon by email. There is an increase in volume since Update 24's release leading to some delays with support. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw

Our support team has not forgotten about your ticket and will contact you soon by email. There is an increase in volume since Update 24's release leading to some delays with support. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

heading into Day 6 now and my issue pre-dates the update, patients is running low, but thank you for the update
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw

heading into Day 6 now and my issue pre-dates the update, patients is running low, but thank you for the update

Be sure to stay patient but persistent with the Support Team, @Alienoutlaw.

Treating them poorly will only lengthen the time to resolve the issue.

Especially in your case ... because the issue wasn't ZOS's fault.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw

Be sure to stay patient but persistent with the Support Team, @Alienoutlaw.

Treating them poorly will only lengthen the time to resolve the issue.

Especially in your case ... because the issue wasn't ZOS's fault.

i hear you and no intention of treating them poorly, just frustrated
  • Ssshady
    Ssshady
    Soul Shriven
    I have a friend who has a very similar problem, so instead of making a new thread I'll try posting this for him here.

He was banned permanently without explanation, though we suspect it was because of a charge back issue on Steam (which wasn't his fault and was resolved).

He sent two tickets about a week ago, one from his account (ticket number 191021-001524) and another from his mother's account (ticket number 191021-001909) and hasn't received any response.

I'm sure he explained it in much greater detail in the tickets. I hope you can look into it soon.
  • PsychoticHammer
    PsychoticHammer
    Soul Shriven
    I also have a friend with this exact same issue. He has also submitted a ticket and is awaiting a response (ticket # 191024-002458). He doesn't have forum access so I'm posting on his behalf to hopefully help him get back into the game.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :/
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on October 24, 2019 6:05PM
  • PsychoticHammer
    PsychoticHammer
    Soul Shriven
    @Alienoutlaw are you still waiting on your ticket?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw are you still waiting on your ticket?

yup 7 days with no single word yet i was told it was "escalated" well im not waiting by my inbox for another week thats for sure
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8 days and not a whisper, escalated tickets ect ect, now have another wait until Monday (day 10) and still not assured of a response then either, Customer service is well speaks for itself really
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 days and not a whisper, escalated tickets ect ect, now have another wait until Monday (day 10) and still not assured of a response then either, Customer service is well speaks for itself really

Well, like i said a while back, you have a lot more patience than me. I would wish good luck, but I did that already, to no effect.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, like i said a while back, you have a lot more patience than me. I would wish good luck, but I did that already, to no effect.

appreciated all the same :)